The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Who Voices Your Character?

Anonymous
Dec 29, 2016 19:15:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 29, 2016 19:15:38 GMT -6

A strange concept to think about, but I found myself thinking about just this. Who voices who? That is, who is voice acting your character?

When I role play, I have distinct actors' voices that come to mind.  When I role played on Star Trek Megiddo a long, long time back (an excellent site that I think is gone now) my face claim was William Hartnell, but half the time I wrote dialogue I heard Peter O'Toole saying said dialogue in my head.

Here on Avatar RP, when I write dialogue for Yawai Hono, I hear one of two actresses with similar vocal qualities.  Melanie McQueen of Robotech fame (She voiced Lisa Hayes) or Gates McFadden (Dr. Beverley Crusher from Star Trek TNG).  I hear Yawai sounding soft and even in most conversation, but capable of steel, being harsh and commanding like Hayes (McQueen) and Crusher (McFadden) were from their respective series.

Who do you hear when you write your character speaking?

Who's their voice actor?
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 29, 2016 21:10:19 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
WHAT A GOOD THREAD IDEA.

Hm. For Ling, because she's based off of my Hawke from DA2, Jo Wyatt. In particular, her delivery of sarcastic/charming Hawke lines is what I hear.

Ironically, Ren sounds like Fo Porter even though Fo is Ling's face claim. Light, a little husky, but feminine.

Charumati is Sumalee Montano, hands down. Deep, a hint of a Filipino accent, very calm and even. Her voice acting in Dragon Age Inquisition is particularly good, but I prefer the interviews of her on Filipino talk shows.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 1, 2017 19:40:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 1, 2017 19:40:33 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
WHAT A GOOD THREAD IDEA.

Hm. For Ling, because she's based off of my Hawke from DA2, Jo Wyatt. In particular, her delivery of sarcastic/charming Hawke lines is what I hear.

Ironically, Ren sounds like Fo Porter even though Fo is Ling's face claim. Light, a little husky, but feminine.

Charumati is Sumalee Montano, hands down. Deep, a hint of a Filipino accent, very calm and even. Her voice acting in Dragon Age Inquisition is particularly good, but I prefer the interviews of her on Filipino talk shows.
Excellent!

Who else is in the Avatar RP Voice Cast?
Anonymous
Feb 14, 2017 14:58:34 GMT -6 via mobile

Post by Deleted on Feb 14, 2017 14:58:34 GMT -6

Cheo is voiced by Meredith Godreau, i.e. Gregory and the Hawk. Her voice is soft and gentle, but slightly raspy and emotional, which fits Cheo perfectly.