The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

ShadauxPlots

Anonymous
Nov 14, 2016 0:21:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 14, 2016 0:21:52 GMT -6

Khala | Profile

Khala is a waterbender from the Northern Air Temple, granddaughter of a former Northern Water Tribe member who was one of the first Air Acolytes. She's a very calm and introspective person, and very dedicated to the peaceful ways of the Air Acolytes, though her personal philosophy has taken a bit of a more "Taoist" flair than the "Buddhist" inspiration behind most air philosophy.

She has a little bit of waterbending training and is very experienced in an airbender-inspired non-bending martial art form, which she practices primarily as a way to keep her body and mind strong.

She's just arrived in Republic City, so she's not established at all. Khala is explicitly looking for:

• Someone to show her around Air Temple Island or Republic City in general
  • A waterbending instructor
  • A sparring partner for her non-bending martial arts

I'd also be up for encounters with the Galgori or with hostile benders; Khala doesn't seek out martial conflict, but she's willing to fight if she has to to defend herself or others. She's not very experienced using bending in combat situations, so her fighting will mostly be just using her hands and staff, but with some bending thrown in here or there when there's a good opportunity. She won't personally take a side in the bender vs. non-bender conflict, but will instead generally defend against the aggressor of a conflict, whoever it is, to try and subdue the attacker so that she can help encourage a peaceful resolution of the conflict.

(Note: I had a scene going with her before the shutdown on Air Temple Island, but since it never finished I'm retconning that part and acting like it didn't happen; would rather start over on that front and actually get a full story in instead of trying to pick up from a half-finished one. The only thing I'm not retconning completely is Khala's interactions with Tsubaki, assuming Tsubaki exists again in the new canon.)
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 14, 2016 0:32:49 GMT -6