The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Girls Day Out

Anonymous
Nov 10, 2016 21:09:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 10, 2016 21:09:02 GMT -6

Ren’ai saw the sunlight drifting in from her window, and stretched. She drew herself up, a smile on her face. She couldn’t be sad today for any reason. She didn’t care about what happened. No matter how tense things could be, nothing could spoil this day for her and her best friend. They were going to be spending the day together. For the first in as long as she could remember, they had the same day off.

Not only that but they had no training with Kiat today, either. Today was free, empty. Totally and completely just for them, so they had promised to spend the day together. After all, how often did they get to do that? They were going to go walking around, do some shopping, just hang out together. They weren’t working or training. They were just having fun.

Ren’ai jumped up, and grabbed her robe. She put it on, and tied it tight around her waist. The dark-haired young woman headed into the kitchen. She didn’t typically cook – that was more of Yuri’s area, not hers – but today, she was in a good mood. She cooked some rice and cabbage before making some tea. She set everything on the dining room table before almost skipping into Yuri’s room. She didn’t care if her friend wasn’t awake. Breakfast was ready, the day was being wasted. She was going to wake up now.

Ren’ai opened the door, allowing the light to come in. She walked over, and slowly shook her. “Yuri, come on, wake up,” she said, knowing her voice sounded very cheerful this morning. “I have breakfast ready, and some tea. Get up! The day is being wasted!” She gave her sleepy friend a bright smile before going back into the dining room and getting started on her breakfast.
This user is a former member
Last edit: Nov 10, 2016 21:41:52 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 10, 2016 22:02:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 10, 2016 22:02:00 GMT -6

Yuri knew full well that her and Ren'ai had made plans to spend the day together. It had seemed like forever since the last time that they both had the day off together, and a part of her had wanted to stay in bed cause she had been having such a pleasant dream. But no a ray of light had entered her darkness, a growl came from her when she heard a very cheerful voice.

“Fine I am getting up.” She mumbled as she stretched out her long limbs and yawned, a few small sounds of pops came from her joints. It felt so good to feel her body move after sleeping all night, she knew that if anything that she would have to get out of bed before her best friend came back to drag her out of bed. The chestnut haired girl got out of bed last night she had only put on dark green slip so yeah she put on a robe before leaving her room. It was a nice to see the pleasant sight of the table set for breakfast, she poured herself a cup of tea and added a couple of dollops of honey.

“So did you beat someone up before I woke up?” She asked as she took a sip of her tea. To be honest her hair must have looked a mess because she had yet to run a brush through it. The green eyed girl served herself some food and took a bite. “Thanks for cooking.” If anything it felt like she would need all of the energy that she could get to be able to make it through the day. “Oh yeah could we try to fit in a clothes shop?” She asked before taking another sip of her tea.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 20, 2016 19:05:59 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 15, 2016 13:38:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 15, 2016 13:38:05 GMT -6

Ren’ai giggled, actually giggled, when she thought that she heard a growl coming from Yuri when she woke her up. She simply mumbled at her as she was walking out. When she sat down the table, she picked up her chopsticks and began eating. Cooking was not her strong suit. That was more Yuri’s area. After all, the Firebender had been raised in a rich household where you didn’t cook for yourself. You had people to do that for you. She had learned to cook since she had moved out and strived to not be the way she was raised. Yuri had been a huge help with that.

Actually, Yuri was the large reason as to why she had made so many strides. Her best friend was always willing to tell her when she was stepping over the line. Ren’ai couldn’t count how many times the Earthbender had told her that something she wanted was too expensive, that she was spending more money than they had, and things like that. Yuri had also told her that she needed to help around the house, because they shared the place and it wasn’t fair for Yuri to do all the work.

It had been a foreign concept to Ren’ai, though, at least first. She wasn’t perfect, and at heart she was still the spoiled little rich girl. She was working on it, though, every day because she refused to be dependent upon her parents for anything.

Yuri finally drug herself out of her room, and sat down across from her. She rolled her eyes at her friend’s snarky comment. “No, I didn’t,” she said. “I’m just excited for our girls day out, that’s all.” She shrugged her shoulders at the compliment about cooking breakfast. “No problem. I don’t mind at all.” She wasn’t a huge fan of cooking, but that didn’t mean that she didn’t mind cooking every now and again. “Of course we can fit in a clothing store. That’s why we’re going out, isn’t it?”
Anonymous
Nov 20, 2016 19:07:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 20, 2016 19:07:28 GMT -6

Yuri glad that it seemed that Ren'ai was in a good mood, not that she could stay mad at her. Well when they were kids it was easy, especially when the golden eyed girl put her into dresses and played with her hair and painted her face. But hey they both had grown up and had learned boundaries. If anything they felt more like sisters, but dang some days the taller woman would have just loved to punch her curvy friend in the face. At the end of the day what temper she has would sizzle out and life would go on.

Living together at first had been hard for her not to scream at times, but hey the Fire-Bender had learned to pick up after herself. If not then wow it would have been fireworks for sure, luckily it had never gotten to that point. And with everything that has been going on it was for sure safer not to live alone. Well not like either of them could afford to do so, well Ren'ai could if she got loans from her family. The green eyed girl was taken out of her thoughts and smiled.

“Well I am glad that we are able to get to do something, I'm just not so awake right now.” She said before taking another sip of her tea. To be honest she was just a tad worried that something might happen today, and if anything at times she did tend to worry. “I just hope that I am able to find myself a nice blouse, maybe in a cream color. It just feels like it had been forever since the last time we have been able to go out and do something.” She wondered out loud, because to be honest she was not sure how it would work with her skin tone. And it was true, so today she would have to make sure to put on some makeup and do something with her hair well besides running a brush through it.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 20, 2016 19:08:05 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 21, 2016 21:00:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 21, 2016 21:00:03 GMT -6

Ren’ai smiled over at Yuri. “That’s why you have nice hot tea and food,” she told her as she finished her food. Picking up her cup of tea, she leaned back in her chair. She just shrugged her shoulders at Yuri’s comment about finding a top. “I’m sure we’ll find something,” she told her. Her best friend’s taste sometimes left something to be desired. “Between the two of us, we’re bound to find something.” She was pretty sure that it was impossible for her to go out and not find some clothes. Today that meant finding something for Yuri as well as herself, because honestly, how could she not find something for herself, too? She loved clothes! Clothes were life as far as she was concerned.

“It has been forever since we’ve been able to do something,” Ren’ai agreed. “I mean, work has been so crazy lately.” In general, it had since the new restaurant opened, but more so lately. This summer, Ichiro went on a vacation to the North Pole. She and Yuri covered shifts while he was gone – well, she already had been when needed, but that’s beside the point. They had also recently lost their other assistant manager a couple of months ago after Ichiro had gotten back. That meant Ren’ai was covering shifts again. She didn’t mind. Part of her even kind of enjoyed it. It did make like crazy, especially since now they were training again for the new Probending season which was starting soon.

Ren’ai gave a sigh and finished her tea. “Well, we should get going,” she said. “I’m going to get ready while you finish your food, okay?” She picked up her dishes, setting them in the sink before she went back to her room and started getting ready.
Anonymous
Nov 28, 2016 19:07:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 28, 2016 19:07:16 GMT -6

Yuri smiled over at her best friend, yeah the shorter teenager did have a point. “Yes and thanks, you do know that I need something to warm me up from the inside out to wake me up in the mornings.” She said with a smile before taking another sip of her tea. Because to be honest it did help her mood when she was well fed, and thankfully Ren'ai knew her well enough to know that by now. The green eyed girl was encouraged by the words of hope that came out of the other girls mouth, because to be honest she was rather hard to shop for because nothing ever looked right on her. “I'm good as long as you do not try to make me look like a Prima Ballerina.” She said with a wink, because if anything it was just a bad joke. Besides there is no way that the shorter teen would do that to her.

The taller girl couldn't help but to laugh when the golden eyed one mentioned how life has been lately. “Well then we for sure have earned ourselves a bit of fun. Who knows maybe we can eat lunch while we are out.” She suggested, because it would be nice to have someone serve them for a change. Well even if it was just an extra large ramen bowl, or fried dumplings. The Earth-bender was almost done with her food when her roommate told her that she was going to start getting ready. “Kk, I'm almost done. At least it don't take me as long.”

When she was done she picked up her dishes and went to the sink and washed them all, it was one of her pet peeves to have dirty dishes waiting. When she was done she went into her room, well first of all she went to the restroom and washed her face and brushed her teeth and hair. Doing anything else would have to wait until she put some clothes on. Today she put on a black pair of pants with a silver-green fitted tunic top with long sleeves, a slight v-neck cut that was followed down her front with dark purple vines. If anything it was more on the feminine side of her clothing, next was doing something with her hair. Well there was not much hope for it all she could do was put a bit of gel in it to keep it from sticking up and to keep it tame. Well at least she was done, all she had to do was wait for Ren'ai to finish getting dressed.
Anonymous
Dec 6, 2016 15:26:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 6, 2016 15:26:11 GMT -6

Ren’ai smiled over at Yuri. “Yes, I do know that,” she said. “It’s not as if I haven’t known you almost my entire life.” She gave a light laugh as her best friend told her not to dress up her like a ballerina. She gave a fake gasp, and put her hand on her chest as if she was truly shocked and taken aback. “Me? I would never do that!” She saw the wink and knew that the Earthbender didn’t mean it all, but it was fun to act like she did. Sure, when they were kids she had tried to push dresses on her and things like that, but they had been children. She was an adult now, and respected her best friend’s boundaries. She wasn’t overly feminine, and there was nothing wrong with that.

“Of course, lunch is a must,” Ren’ai said with a smile. After that, she went into her room and got ready. It took her a while to get ready, because you didn’t just throw something on when you were her. She went into her room, and put on pair of black pants. The next thing she did was look through her tops, trying to decide which one to wear. She ended up deciding on a simple red button up before heading into the bathroom. Clothes were only part of it. She brushed her hair, deciding to leave it down today before beginning to put on her makeup. After that, she walked out of the bathroom to meet up with Yuri who was, of course already ready to go – as usual.

“Ready to go?” she said, smiling at her, because of course she was. After that, Ren’ai headed out, knowing that Yuri would be right behind her. The Firebender looked over at her best friend as she walked down the street. “So, where to first? Any store in particular you want to go to, or are you free with letting me drag you around all day?” She shrugged her shoulders. “Either is fine with me, really, I just thought I’d ask.” She liked days like this, where it was simple and just shopping, no training and no work. A break was necessary every once in a while.

Last edit by Deleted: Dec 6, 2016 15:28:11 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 18, 2016 16:34:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 18, 2016 16:34:39 GMT -6

Yuri just smiled as Ren”ai laughed it was just great to have a friend that felt as close as a sister, and at times it was just nice to be able to joke around about stuff. Not like she would have felt comfortable with joking with anyone else the same way, because it would feel like others would be picking on her. So yeah it was only natural after all these years. “Well not like you haven't done so in the past.” She couldn't help to quip, it felt great to be able to banter like this.

She had to laugh when the golden eyed girl agreed about lunch, well they both knew that they did work up an appetite when they were busy shopping. The only problem sometimes was where to eat, but oh well these things happened. She was a little shocked when it seemed that her best friend did not take as long as she normally did. “Wow that did not take you very long.” She joked with a smile, because at times it seemed that it took her at least an hour to get ready. “Well let me see I was thinking that we can go to this one shop around the corner.” She said as they made their way down the street, because it did seem to make some sense in checking closest to home.

“Today only two for one deal on a day of beauty, updo, facial, makeup and nails. Only a four spots left.” Was calling out a fashionable looking lady.

The green eyed girl stopped herself from rolling her eyes and decided to just work on impulse. “Sign us up.” She told the lady, because she was sure that her best friend would enjoy the pampering for sure. “Sounds like fun.”

“Great, we have an opening at 3 if that will work for you both.” She said as she looked down on a chart.

“That will work, put us down under Yuri thanks.” She told the lady with a smile before resuming walking. “At least we will be getting a good deal.
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 18, 2016 16:36:00 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 22, 2016 14:19:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 22, 2016 14:19:12 GMT -6

Ren’ai gave a fake gasp of shock at Yuri’s words. “I would never!” she said, although her best friend was right. She had done just that. She let her look of shock fall to one of acceptance. “Okay, I would do that, but that was so long. What, do you still hold a grudge?” She gave the Earthbender a fake pout before she had gone off to get dressed. After coming out, she was teased once again. “Hey, I’ve been up longer than you remember.” The Firebender stuck her tongue out her friend momentarily before grabbing a light jacket as they headed out of the door. Yuri mentioned wanting to go to a shop close by. Ren’ai didn’t really care either way as long as they were shopping.

However, as they were out, a lady was calling out for a deal at a spa that was nearby. Ren’ai was pleasantly surprised when Yuri just signed them up. Smiling over at her as they walked off, she said, “That’s not like you. Want to get pampered a bit today?” That was usually the Firebenders area, not her friend’s. It was as if she was going to complain about it, though. It would be a great way to end the day before they headed home. There was never anything wrong with being pampered. The last time she had been there was when Yutaka had taken her that one day. It would be nice to go back and enjoy some pampering with her best friend after a long day of shopping.

Afterward, Ren’ai spotted a shop and pointed to it. “There! That one looks nice!” She immediately grabbed her arm, trying to take her to the shop. Once she was inside, she was in her element, so to speak. Shopping – this was what she was good at, aside from Probending, of course. She had grown up in this world, and going into a clothing shop always made her feel better. She immediately started grabbing some stuff off the racks, making comments to Yuri – who she was sure had followed her in – as she did so. “Here, what about these?” Ren’ai said, handing a few clothes she thought that the Earthbender might like before looking for stuff for herself.
[/color]
Anonymous
Jan 9, 2017 20:11:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 9, 2017 20:11:05 GMT -6

Yuri rolled her eyes, at times Ren'ai knew the right words to gently rub her the wrong way. “Oh you know that I am not as much of a hot head as you are.” She lightly poked back. “Besides I was traumatized with that horrible pink dress you put me in, all those frills.” The taller teen mock shuddered at the distant memory. “But it was the first time that I had put you in your place the next day, because my mom told me to.” She gave her best friend an affectionate light slap on the arm and a smile. It was nice to have a day like this and not have to worry about any of life's heavy issues.

“Well you are getting better at spending a little less time in-front of the mirror.” The chestnut haired girl lightly joked, because if anything it was only fair to pick on her a little bit. She was glad when they went outside and were on their way. She had to laugh when her friend pointed out the slight change in her behavior. “Well I thought it would be good for us. Besides I knew that you would want to do it, so it was only a matter of time.”

It seemed like it did not take too much longer until she was being pulled into a shop, the taller teen allowed it because that is what today was all about. A light smile touched her lips as she watched the curvy girl to the racks and seemed in her zone, to be honest she was amused by the sight. “I will give them a shot, thanks.” She told Ren'ai with a smile as she headed out to the dressing-room. She removed her clothes and put on a mint green button up halter top with a black and white pin striped three quarter half jacket, to go with it was a dark gray fitted slacks. To be honest she loved the way that it looked on her, she came out of the dressing-room and saw her best friend. “Well I love this outfit for sure. So what do you think about the fit?” She asked because of course she needed a second opinion.
Last edit by Deleted: Jan 9, 2017 20:12:08 GMT -6