The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Hello Friend, Farewell Blues

Anonymous
May 2, 2015 15:36:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 2, 2015 15:36:51 GMT -6

"I can't do this. Sorry," The large man with the scar on his left cheek said in an apologetic tone that belied his rough looks.
Though not formally educated on social niceties, Tsubaki Ito knew her flaws and one of those was being a little too forthright on dates. Men that could looks past being a former Equalist often couldn't deal with that most of her income came from dealing with the criminal element.
He even left in that awkward time after ordering and before paying.

Before each date Tsubaki's mother advised her to take money to cover both meals just in case but neither of the Ito women took into account her date's expensive tastes. When the octopus fritters came to her table she dreaded seeing the bill because she knew that the expensive komodo sausage and steak would arrive eventually.
She rested her head on the table next to the plate of steaming dumplings and sighed...and that was the end of her brooding.

From her awkward position with her head resting on the table Tsubaki smiled at her waiter.
"Do you have a dessert menu with pictures? Chocolate makes everything better. Do you have any chocolate stuffed with chocolate?"
She lifted her head up and fixed her yellow eyes on the waiter.
"Been one of thooooooooose nights, ya know?" As she elongated the word 'those' Tsubaki rolled her eyes and leaned her head to the side in a show of exagerrated frustration. "Got dumped twice in one night, can't you believe it? Of course not because you don't really know me...oh, I'm Tsubaki, by the way. Ito. Tsubaki Ito, is my full name. Don't have a middle one which is too bad because I think it sounds, you know, all regal and stuff like some sort of fairy tale princess. Something fancy like out of a wuxia novel would be good like, um, 'Tsubaki 'Red Mist of Death' Ito. Wouldn't that be cool?"

Immediately after speaking and before her waiter could react Tsubaki snapped her fingers and pointed to her waiter.
"I forgot to ask your name. Sorry. That big jerk ordered too much and left me so I think we'll be seeing a lot of each other tonight and we might as well get friendly. Not like date friendly or anything."
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on May 19, 2015 9:55:14 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ken stopped by to check on his table, two people on a date. He was young, about nineteen or so with short, spiky brown hair. Upon getting to the table, the woman was by herself. The man that had been with her was not there. She started rambling, and as she kept talking, what had happened became clear. Her date had dumped her and left her with the bill. He felt bad for her. She asked about dessert menu with pictures, and he shook his head. “No, sorry, but we do have a dessert menu, give me a second,” he told her. He came back seconds with her a dessert menu.

The woman kept talking, going about her name or something like that. She asked his, which was kind of silly because he had introduced himself when he had first come to the table. “It’s Ken, remember,” he told her. “I introduced himself when I first came up to your table.” It was only after the words came out of his mouth that he realized that some people might think that rude. He didn’t think so, and he hadn’t said it with a tone that said rudeness. You never knew how people were going to respond, though. “Let me give you a few minutes while you look at that.”

In reality, it was only so he could talk to Ichiro. It was obvious that the woman wouldn’t be able to pay the entire bill. He doubted that she had brought that much money when he had ordered the most expensive things on the menu. And that was saying something because they were a family restaurant. They didn’t have a ton of very expensive food, but they had a couple of really nice things just to have a variety. He found his manager doing his rounds, and he made a motion to come over to him.

“I’m fairly certain that my table, table thirty,” Ken said, pointing over to the young woman sitting alone, “can’t pay for her meal. She was on a date, and he ordered like the most expensive stuff on the menu. I feel bad for her, but there’s no way she can pay for all he ordered. Can we do something?” He said he’d take care of it, and walked over to her table, leaving Ken to take care of the other tables. He hoped that Ichiro could deal with Tsubaki. What kind of guy ditched his date and left the girl with the tab? That was horrible.

Ichiro had been talking to one of their regulars when he looked over and saw Ken giving him a soft ‘come here’ motion. Internally sighing, he moved over to the young man. “Yes, what’s up?” he asked him. Ken informed him that a woman had come on a date and apparently been ditched and left with the bill. His heart went out to her, and surely, he wouldn’t leave her with her date’s part of the bill. It was expensive stuff. What could he do? If he took them off her bill, that was expensive food that he was going to have to have the business pay for in some way.

Ichiro reached the table and smiled at her. “Hello, there, I’m Ichiro Watashi, the manager here,” he said, holding out his hand. She would surely recognize his last name. It was the same as the name of the restaurant, of course. His long brown hair was tied back and he was wearing a blue shirt with his suit. “Ken informed that you were left with a rather expensive bill,” he said, keeping his voice low. He didn’t want to embarrass her or anything, so he made sure that she was the only one he could hear him.

“I think we’ve all been there,” he told her. “And considering what Ken said you ordered, I doubt that you can afford all that on your own. I’ll tell you what, I’ll give you fifty percent off the bill.” He did the math in his head and was pretty sure that would be reasonable enough for her. “It’s not fair to you to have to foot all of that. Any decent person wouldn’t do that.”
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 23, 2015 21:31:57 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 23, 2015 21:31:57 GMT -6

Sustained dark moods were not in Tsubaki's bag of tricks but she was glad to have someone help her through this bad night.
She lightly tapped Ichiro on the side of his arm with her fist.
"You're a good egg, 'Chiro. Real..." Tsubaki paused and squinted her eyes for a moment while searching for the right word she'd heard someone use once. "Chi-val-rous. I think that's the word. Good guy, anyway. Thanks."

Tsubaki awkwardly reached into the one of the pouches of her leather belt after a series of leanings to and fro and retrieved fifty yuans which she hoped would cover about half.
She sighed and placed a worn brown case on the table which she opened to reveal a trumpet.
"I also have this. Um, not to sell or anything but I could, like play a set. Jazz the place up. If somebody throws a couple of yuans in the case it can help cover my bill. Whad'ya say?"

She looked up at Ichiro and grinned. "Come on, Ichi...if I play I won't be able to talk." She snorted a quick laugh. "I'll even walk you home and fend off any criminal types. It's what any decent person would do, right?"

Post by Gia on Jun 8, 2015 10:00:21 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro was glad that she was satisfied with that. Honestly, why wouldn’t she be? “You’re welcome,” he responded. “I wouldn’t call it chivalrous though. It’s my job. I am the manager here, after all. Besides, it’s not as if you walked in, ordered all the food yourself, and then went like ‘Oh, yeah, can’t pay, sorry about that.’” At least this way, he was getting credit for all the food. They would still be losing a bit money because she wasn’t paying full price for them. It was the lesser of two evils.

The other option was take off his food, and since he had ordered very expensive stuff, he didn’t feel that was really an option. This way, everyone was happy. Ichiro watched as she took out money that she assumed would pay for it. Ken hadn’t done the bill yet, but if his math was correct, it should cover it. He was getting a bit annoyed at the nicknames, though he knew that she didn’t mean anything by it. Turns out, she wanted to play in the restaurant. He knew that wouldn’t be allowed.

Yeah, he was the manager, but his grandfather was the owner. His father still had power over him, too. It could go over very well, but then people who wanted a quiet dinner might be pissed off because it wasn’t announced ahead of time. “Yeah, I can’t make that decision, sorry,” he told her. “I may be the manager, but my grandfather is the owner. It would have to go through either my father or him.” He shrugged his shoulders. “It’s just one of those things, sorry. Besides, that should cover your bill just fine. We aren’t a very expensive place overall, remember?” He gave her a small smile, hoping to make her feel better.

"As for walking me home, that's sweet, but I don't live in a very dangerous neighborhood," Ichiro told her. He was a bit gunshy about making friends since most of them seemed to leave him. "That, and I'm a decent Waterbender, if I do say so myself.'
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 8, 2015 14:23:43 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 23, 2015 13:34:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 23, 2015 13:34:05 GMT -6

Awwwwww...." Tsubaki moaned after having her idea of playing rejected but got over it. It wasn't like being dumped and stuck with an outrageous bill.
It became obvious that she wouldn't feel like playing after the food came. Tsubaki assumed that her date thought himself assertive by ordering for both of them without asking what she wanted. A komodo sausage with steak arrived. Fresh meat was a rare delicacy in her family and Tsubaki dove in immediately. She was six bites in before something dawned on her.
"You're a waterbender? That's nifty! So, like are you more of a fighter or like a pro bender kinda guy? Do you follow the sport? I know a guy who knows someone who is trying out for some team. Dragon-Somethings. Me, I like when people get excited about it but it's not really for me. It's just fun being in the crowd, you know?"

She began to eat again but another question came to mind. "You ever do any pro bending, Ichiro?"

Tsubaki began separating the food into sections with her chopsticks. Her date had ordered enough for three or more meals even after she had her fill.
With a mouth full of komodo rhino sausage, which Tsubaki never had before she gestured for Ichiro to sit down.
"Come on and eat," she said through her chewed meat. Considering that she might not have been understood without an interpreter understanding her full-mouthed language she repeated herself.
"The least I could do is share some of the food you paid half for."

Post by Gia on Jul 5, 2015 16:50:02 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro was a bit surprised at how excited Tsubaki seemed by his being a Waterbender. He just smiled at her, and nodded as she continued speaking. She wanted to know what kind of bender he was, but he had to wait until she stopped talking before he continued. “I’m more of a classical bender, though I’m a huge fan of Probending,” he told her. “I’m not a player, though.” She mentioned the Dragon-somethings and he had to stop himself from laughing. “The Dragon Hawks,” he corrected. “The two remaining members – Ren’ai and Yuri – both work here, though neither is here tonight.”

Ichiro thought it was amusing that she didn’t seem to be a huge fan, and couldn’t even remember the team’s name. “I went to a couple of their games before they got kicked out last season and with them not having a Waterbender…” He shrugged. “Next season when they’re back, it’s going to be harder to get away to see the games. We always listened to them, because people know now that two of the members work here.”

It was fun to see the reactions when people didn’t know that Ren’ai and Yuri worked here as waitresses, which is why the games the Dragon Hawks had been in got played on the radio. Tsubaki offered him some of the food, and he waved it off. “I’m on the clock, so to speak, remember?” Ichiro didn’t actually clock in or out as he was the manager. “I need to be getting back to my job, too.” He was enjoying talking to her, and while talking was part of his job, that didn’t mean that he was allowed to sit around and chat to just one person.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 14, 2015 12:24:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 14, 2015 12:24:12 GMT -6

Throughout the evening Tsubaki used her thirst to talk further with Ichiro. Every time he had come by to fill up her water she asked another question or series of questions.
"Why aren't you the Dragon Hawk's waterbender. You can bend water and you know how to play the game so why not try out? Those other two can waitress and bend and do all right. Is it the manager thing that makes you so busy?"

After the second refill Tsubaki began to wonder more about Ichiro personally.
"Do people get all flirty and stuff to get out of paying? Have you ever given a free meal to someone who flirted with you?....I'm not saying you're a soft touch or anything but you're a good guy and it'd be lousy if people took advantage of you."
She leaned closer to Ichiro so she could lower her voice and still be heard.
"Seriously, 'Chiro, if someone did that to you point them out I'll...you know..." She threw a few small punches to physically indicate what she would do to person who would try to play her new favorite waiter.

As the crowd dwindled to Tsubaki alone and she found herself unable to even pick at the excess of food her date had ordered. She asked a passing waiter for some containers to take home. She imagined her parents would be disappointed to hear about her date but glad she brought home food.

As the restaurant closed for the evening Tsubaki busied herself with stacking the chairs on the tables and wiping down tables with a rag. Being visibly armed meant people rarely asked her not to linger places, except for police officers. While she had been told that playing her trumpet would bother customers Tsubaki didn't recall anything about the staff. She sat on the floor next to her bags of leftovers and in front of the door and began to play her trumpet.

Being walked out on after failing an audition at The Golden Fan club didn't quite put Tsubaki in the mood to play something cheerful. What started as Foggy Swamp Blues, a murder ballad about being left to die in a swamp soon turned into an upbeat and more jazzy rendition which made the prospect of sinking to one's doom seem like an adventure. After all, her evening started badly but ended up fun. Unlike her disastrous audition earlier that day she did not start sneezing in the middle of the song.

She called out so that her voice would be heard in the back where she was sure Ichiro heard her.
"Yo, Ichiro! You ready? This time you can ask all the questions."

Post by Gia on Jul 30, 2015 16:42:47 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro figured that Tsubaki must be really bored to keep badgering him. The first time she asked him a question, he just shook his head. “I told you, I’m more of a traditional bender. I love watching Probending, but I wouldn’t want to participate,” he explained. “I wish them the best, and I will cheer them on, but I wouldn’t try out. Yes, though, being a manager of a restaurant is more than a full time job.” He wondered what her fascination with him was. He really was not an interesting person. In fact, he was quite boring. He had no life outside of his job and Waterbending.

The second question was more about him. She was asking about people trying to get out of paying, and then threatened anyone who tried. He wanted to tell her that she didn’t know him, which was true, but that was a little rude. Besides, it wouldn’t hurt to have someone to talk to, wouldn’t it? “No, but I have had girls try to flirt to get a discount… you know, back when I was waiting tables and not the manager,” he told her. “It never works, though. Let’s just say they were never my type.” He almost went to leave that time, but turned back. “I can take care of myself, just so you know.”

As the restaurant closed, Tsubaki actually started helping! Ichiro was baffled by her. “Tsubaki, stop it, you don’t work here,” he told her. “You need to go home.” She didn’t, though, and in fact stuck around as he was leaving. This time, she told him that he could ask questions. “Yeah, I do have a couple actually,” he told her. “Who are you? Why are you so fascinated by me?” She was just a strange woman, he just didn’t understand her at all.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 31, 2015 16:49:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 31, 2015 16:49:00 GMT -6

Tsubaki paused for a moment when Ichiro described the women that flirted with him as "not my type".
"Oooooohhhh..." She said with a knowing look and smile. "I guess that means I can't flirt some free cake out of you, huh?"
When Ichiro claimed he could take care of himself she tried to reconcile the thoughts of such a nice guy getting into a brutal street fight and couldn't. Experience also taught her that most men over-estimated their fighting ability...it was how she won a lot of her own fights.
She made a scoffing sound. "Psssh. You can't be TOO safe, Ichiro." She gestured down to her belts of weapons. "Why have one weapon at your side when you can have a bunch? What's the worst that could happen? Nothing happens on the way home? Even if we bump into some triads we'll have a better shot with two people. Or would that hurt your man pride?"

When told to go home that she didn't actually work there Tsubaki responded with her usual smile.
"You bought half my dinner so I owe you and I'm not going home until I'm sure you're safe. 'Cause, you know, if someone reads the paper to me or whatever and I hear some manager gets knifed by a Red Monsoon I'll think 'If only I went home with Ichiro he wouldn't be dead'. And then I'd feel bad. Do you want me to feel bad?"
Tsubaki was used to people giving her her way due to sheer frustration by that point.

Once the restaurant had closed Tsubaki was pleased to find that the taciturn man who had been waiting on her asked a few question of his own, who was she and why she seemed so fascinated by him.
Tsubaki playfully punched Ichiro in the shoulder.
"Tsubaki Ito, remember?" She chuckled softly but it ended in a loud snort as most of her laughs did. "Um, let's see, uh..." She grunted to herself when she decided how to proceed.

Tsubaki started out by pulling a green-handled short sword from the back of her belt giving Ichiro a long moment to look at it.
"I was born...eh...twenty-two or twenty-three years ago...not sure. This sword was passed down to me by my grandfather and mother. My first memory was watching my grandfather hone this sword. I think I was seven when he died. He was always laughing a smiling like there was a joke only he could hear." Tsubaki sheathed the kodachi and pulled out a set of three throwing knives. "These my dad made me. Good with metal, my dad. I think I was ten. It was right around then I noticed other kids went to school. I stayed home and learned weapons because no point in being able to read if you don't live long enough. Never learned how...wonder if I should."

Knowing she didn't have to go through her entire life and weapon collection, Tsubaki skipped to a well-worn but maintained shuriken. "A boy gave me this after my first kiss and my first broken heart. That year I discovered that chocolate is good for that sort of thing.He didn't even tell me he just wanted to be friends. I just got a 'I don't like you, Tsubaki.' I think his mom made him give me a weapon to apologize."
A slim, black and ornate stiletto brought a smile to Tsbuaki's face as she unsheathed it from the left side of her belt. "My dad thought I should learn an instrument so I'd be at least a little girly so he sent me to his girlfriend The Bride of Nine Spiders. Oh, don't worry, she was my mom's girlfriend too so it's okay. He'd never cheat on my mom or on The Bride. Anyway, she was my mom and dad's girlfriend and she taught me to play the trumpet. I loved weapons a long time so I was surprised when I found out I could love music too. It's like..." She made gestures as if she were trying to grasp the right words out of the air itself.
"Can't explain it. Hearing The Bride of Nine Spiders play for the first time was like the first time you noticed the sun. It was just this big, shining thing and it made everything brighter. So I learned the trumpet. One day she just disappeared and any time I ask my parents about it they just look sad. She just left me this stiletto and that was it."

Not wanting a repeat of earlier tonight Tsubaki kept her weapons sheathed and the stories of her time as an Equalist and occasional muscle for a criminal likewise hidden.
"I knocked around for a while doing odd jobs. Not much around for someone who isn't educated. Sometimes I do bodyguard work or make deliveries. I'd like to play music for a living but I bomb a lot of auditions. Crowds make me nervous. I get shy."

After twenty-two years Tsubaki had gotten used to the fact that she could run on at the mouth. "Sorry I rambled so long. That was a really complicated question, though. People have long and involved stories and everyone's' is different. See, that's why I wanted to get to know you. It's a big, big world out there and everyone looks at it different. I've seen Republic City a hundred different ways because I ask a hundred different people what they see. When everyone is different and interesting how can you not be fascinated?"

"I bet you got a lot of interesting stories yourself."
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 31, 2015 19:48:09 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Aug 24, 2015 17:15:26 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro gave a light laugh and a smile as Tsubaki knew instantly what he meant when he said that women were not his type. She then joked about not being able to flirt her way into some free cake. “No, you can't. That doesn't work with me,” he said. She tried to reason him needing extra protection walking home, but the brunet didn't see it. “I go home the same way every night, as I have since I moved out of my parents house... a few years ago now,” he told her. “I have never run into trouble, and I always have water with me in case I need to use it.”

He didn't respond to her comment about it hurting his man pride, because he honestly didn't even know what to say about that.

Tsubaki refused to leave, and he found it amusing that she was so stubborn. “It was my job,” he told her. “I'm the manager, and it wasn't your fault that your date turned into a jerk.” Ichiro appreciated that she wanted to help, but the Waterbender still felt it wasn't necessary. “And I've never had problems going home, and if someone did try and mess with me, I could take care of myself or my parents and I been wasting money for the past, oh, I don't know.... sixteen years or so now.”

Ichiro just smirked at her she gave him a light punch in the shoulder as they began the walk back to his house. He was a bit surprised, however, when she seemed to basically tell him her life's story. He listened, and figured that she had a very interesting life, and he figured based on some of what she had said that she probably hadn't come from a decent background because the idea of someone called “The Bride” seemed to say a lot about him. He was a nice guy, though, so he wasn't going to judge her.

Ichiro was surprised when Tsubaki asked if he had any interesting stories. “Not really,” he told her. Deciding he should repay the favor at least, he started speaking. “Okay, um... I'm Ichiro Watashi, son of Kohaku and Setsuko Watashi and I'm 20 years old, almost 21. My father's family are Earthbenders and non-benders. My grandmother is an Earthbender, but my grandfather and father are non-benders. My mother is a Waterbender. She was born and raised in the Northern Water Tribe before moving here. She started working in the restaurant as a cook and my father was working there, too, though my grandfather managed back then. He started it when he was younger. They met, fell in love and had me.”

Ichiro continued making the familiar trek back to his apartment without even thinking as he continued talking. “My father wanted me to inherit his mother's Earthbending skills, but of course, my mother comes from a long line of Waterbenders, and I did end up inheriting that, of course,” he explained. “They got me a teacher, who I've been training with ever since, though I haven't progressed as much as they would have liked. I'm a good Waterbender, I'm just no Master yet, you know?” He shrugged his shoulders, as it didn't bother him and he still got better every day.

“Anyway, I grew up in that restaurant, and spent most of my time there because my parents were always working. My grandfather and grandmother eventually retired, leaving my father managing for most my life and my mother made Chef,” he explained. “As soon as I was able, I started working. I realized as a teenager I would never be into girls, and my parents were very supportive of my being gay. I've dated a few guys, but never anything serious. I thought the last guy was special, but right befor he was going to meet my parents after I had him over at my house, I never heard from him again.”

Ichiro shrugged, remembering Tadashi but he wasn't going to let that bother him. “I'm a workaholic, so it's hard to meet guys or friends in general, but I won't let that get me down,” he told her. “Anyway, a few months ago my father and grandparents decided that it was time to open a new restaurant, so they did – across town. I had been officially promoted to Assistant Manager before then, so they promoted me to Manager, and my father and mother went over there, taking the senior Assistant Manager Lian with them.”

Ichiro remembered it fondly, as it had been both scary and exciting having the restaurant to himself. “They took one of the other senior waitstaff, Han, as the other Assistant Manager, and I promoted two of our senior waitstaff, Ami and Yang, as my Assistants, and my mother's Assistant Chef, Daichi, was promoted to Chef, and of course she took one of our senior cooks with her as her Assistant, and someone else got promoted to take Daichi's spot.

“Let's see what else... Oh, yeah, my mother is taking my father and I to the North Pole next summer to meet her family,” he told her. “She hasn't seem them in over twenty years since she moved here, so she wants to go back there. I think because I'm her only child and a Waterbender that she wants me to see where it all comes from, you know?” He shrugged. “So, anyway, that's my life – I work, I bend, I read, I work, I bend, I read. It's kind of boring, don't you think?” He gave her a smirk at that last remark.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Aug 24, 2015 17:33:01 GMT -6
Anonymous
Aug 31, 2015 14:11:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 31, 2015 14:11:05 GMT -6

Tsubaki's facial reaction to Ichiro's story involved pursed lips, a scrunched-up face and squinting and then a smile at how silly she must have looked.
"You don't see things right, 'Chiro. Um..." She once again produced one of the throwing knives she had shown Ichiro earlier.
"You know the story behind this knife, right? It's special. It's shorter than the rest because the tip broke in a fight. I used it to win my first taste of alcohol in a bar bet. Saying your life is just bending and working is like saying all this knife does it cut."
She put her throwing knife back into it's sheath before once more picking up the bags of leftovers she carried with her.
"Work is interesting, bending is interesting, you're interesting. Even if nothing weird happened that would be still be interesting because the lack of weirdness but be, uh, you know...um, weird. You sound like you got a neat family and you're about to go on some adventure to the other side of the world to meet more neat family. If I could read I'd read that book."

"What does it feel like to bend? What frustrates you the most about work? What's a good book and why is it good? All these boring things can be interesting if you just go further. Like, I can't read so I'm amazed by people who can. Guy I know, he always has a book in his hand so I get to learn all sorts of stuff through him. You see, there's always someone who don't know what you know and is interested. The problem is that not everybody goes up to total strangers and asks them about their job."
Tsubaki lifted up her bag of leftovers.
"Do you want any of this? I don't think my parents can eat it all. Then I can still say I had dinner with a nice guy."

Post by Gia on Jan 5, 2016 17:07:32 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro listened as Tsubaki explained, in her own unique way, that every person’s life was unique and not boring. He had to admit that she had a point. He shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah, I suppose that you have a point,” he told her. “And the trip to the North Pole isn’t until the summer, but yeah, I see what you mean.” He still didn’t think that it was all that interesting, but he could definitely see what she was trying to say. He also appreciated it, too, because it did make him feel slightly better about his life. Maybe it wasn’t so bad. After all, he was only twenty-one and he was already manager of a restaurant and his bending was going very well, too.

The only thing missing from his life was a guy to spend with it, but that was one thing you couldn’t take care of yourself. It happened, and that was all there was to it.

And more friends.

Ichiro zoned out a bit as Tsubaki was talking, until he heard her ask him he if he wanted some. She made a joke about being able to tell her parents that she had dinner with a nice guy. “Sure, I’ll take part of it,” he told her. “Also, if you want to learn to read, I’m sure you can find someone who’s willing to teach you.” It was about then that they reached his apartment building. “Well, this is me, since you insisted on seeing me home.” He paused for a second before continuing. “Also, I’m not sure that I’ve ever told anyone my life’s story before.”
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 11, 2016 21:22:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 11, 2016 21:22:44 GMT -6

"You know the nice things about life stories, Ichiro? They're always changing. My life story didn't used to be much but it's gotten more interesting. Met interesting people who did interesting things. Now your life story can have a chapter about a nice chat with a girl who really likes weapons."

Tsubaki smiled while scrunching her yellow eyes. "Let's go get a drink some time. I know a bar. A man's bar...you know. Just a place where guys drink. Guys who like guys. Forbidden Colors, it's called. It's nice but not, you know, fake nice. Guys want to meet other guys there and drink. It's not a host place where a guy gets paid to look interested. Worse comes to worse, you don't find anyone but you get drunk on my yuans. I'll even play a bunch of happy songs to cheer you up."

The red-clad, part-time thug slapped her new friend in the shoulder.
"You seem like a serious guy who needs a totally-not-serious person around so he has an excuse to get loose. If you regret something you just say:" Tsubaki scrunched up her face in an exaggerated scowl while lowering her voice to match Ichiro's deeper tone. "That damn, Tsubaki! She made me drink and talk to cute guys. I didn't want to but she was armed and I couldn't overpower her...and she has nice hair and smells nice and guys totally dig her."

She stared laughing at her own impression because she had a feeling Ichiro would not. "Okay, maybe you won't say that last part because I'm always getting sweaty and I got hair that can scrape rust off a battleship. Here, feel it." She bent her head so Ichiro could feel the stiff, wiry hair.

"I'm not one of those people that can afford one of those, you know, talky things with the cords. You can leave messages for me at Ni-Ten Dumplings. Sometimes I do deliveries there. Or ask around the Golden Fan. I have to be the easiest person to contact since I know a lot of people who in turn know a lot of other people and stuff gets around to me pretty fast."

She grinned a wide, toothy grin while laughing and snorting. "It's okay. I know I talk too much. You'll get used to it."
While, out-going Tsubaki knew when not to stalk people, and that was when she was not being instructed and paid to stalk people. Since Ichiro didn't owe her boss an outstanding debt she was fine with letting him go about his business. After all, not everyone had the flexible schedule of someone who only did sporadic work for a criminal.
"Good night and when you get back from vacation I want to see photos. Lots. I've never been anywhere neat like one of the poles. Or even out of this city."

Post by Gia on May 11, 2016 13:31:43 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro had to admit that maybe Tsubaki had a point. His life may seem boring to him, but it was his life. She didn’t seem to find him boring, after all. A blush crossed his brown cheeks when his new friend told she’d take him to a gay bar. He had never bene to a bar before, let alone a bar like that. She was offering to buy, though. He wasn’t sure what to say, but then she went on by saying he could say she forced him to go. “Okay, okay, I’ll go,” he said. “I’ve never been out to any place like that before, but… I’ll go, okay?” The idea made him nervous. He hadn’t seen anyone since Tadashi, and he hadn’t exactly dated much before him either.

Ichiro put his hands up when she asked him to feel her hair. “I believe you,” he told her. His own hair was quite nice, if he did say so himself – he wouldn’t keep it long if it wasn’t. However, he felt weird touching someone else’s hair randomly like that. She went on to tell him how he could get ahold of her, and he had to try not to laugh that she didn’t seem to know what a phone was. “They’re called telephones,” he said. “Night and I’m not going on vacation for a while, a few months, but when I do go, I’ll make sure to bring lots of pictures and tell you everything.”

Ichiro found he liked spending time around her. She was fun and interesting. It was true that he didn’t have enough friends, and less at work since he’d become their boss. “Oh, before I forget, when exactly are you going to be dragging out to the bar?” He smirked at her, knowing that he wasn’t being drug there since he had agreed to go. It had been her idea, though.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 7, 2016 21:02:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 7, 2016 21:02:28 GMT -6

"Saturday nights are always jumping, 'Chiro. I'll scheme up something fun and I'll meet you here Saturday after dark." She lightly punched him in the shoulder and her grin widened even further.
"In the meantime..." Tsubaki raised her arms and pumped them in the air repeatedly with every syllable she spoke.
"Get. Ready. To. Mingle!" With great volume Tsubaki had managed to make the word "mingle" into ten syllables and high pitched enough to possibly damage a dog's eardrums.

"Dress nice. Saturday we do Operation: Get Ichiro A Date Or Atl Least A One Night Stand Or Maybe A Coffee Or Something. Woooo!"

The next Saturday just before sunset Tsubaki waited at Ichiro's door sporting a red jacket and tie paired with a black, shirt and knee-length skirt. Her usual knee-high black boots were shined and each concealing a hidden blade. While holding her trumpet case with her right hand Tsubaki banged on Ichiro's door with her left.

It was magic hour in Republic City, that wonderful time between afternoon and evening when everything seemed like it was an idealistic painting. It felt nice to dress up and go out and not have to pull a weapon on someone, though she was entirely prepared for that to happen should things get more violent that most social gatherings.

Though she was a woman who liked the unpredictability of life Tsubaki Ito also liked to be prepared, hence her mobile weapon collection. Plan A involved a casual jazz bar and a number of men she knew from her days in The Equalist she knew or thought to be the kind of men who liked men. If Ichiro had to convert one of her old allies that was fine by her. She wondered if she should have mentioned that Ichiro was a bender, that might have been more important piece of information for the former Equalists rather than that Ichiro was cute and had a steady job.
The worry only lasted a moment. Who in their right mind discusses politics on the first date?

Impatiently she knocked on the door again.
'Chiro! All the good men will be taken. Hurry up!"

Post by Gia on Sept 5, 2016 18:05:28 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Luckily, Ichiro was off Saturday night. As soon as he closed the door, though, the nerves set in. He had never been good at this. There was a reason why he was single. Yes, Tsubaki was insistent that he was more interesting than he thought he was, but… he still wasn’t sure exactly how he was supposed to go about picking someone up. If he was lucky, someone would try picking him up and save him the trouble of having to do anything about it. He thought about little else over the next few days until Saturday came around. He was distracted all day at work and almost wanted to just stay there. At least he knew where he stood and what he was getting at work.

Ichiro did get off work, though. Time ticked by and Tsubaki would be here soon. He got dressed, donning a nice pair of black slacks and a blue button-down shirt. He left his dark brown hair down so that it was laying down over his shoulders. As he looked at himself in the mirror, the nerves settled in full force. He heard her knock at the door, but he ignored it. He couldn’t do this. There was no way that he could do this. He couldn’t ignore Tsubaki forever, though, because she knocked on the door again. The knock almost sounded impatient, if that was possible. He heard her voice through the door saying that all the good men would have gone.

Reluctantly, he walked to the door and opened it. “I don’t know if I can do this,” he told her. “Maybe this wasn’t a good idea…”
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 19, 2016 18:20:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 19, 2016 18:20:20 GMT -6

Annoyed glances weren't Tsubaki Ito's cup of tea, jasmine, green or that came mile stuff she once had before. Typically, she brushed off broken plans and made new plans. Ichiro, however, with his timidity earned a hard, yellow-eyed stare from the bushy haired woman.

Tsubaki sighed. "Ichiro, my mom likes to say 'you can get more with a kind word and a weapon than you can with just a kind word', so..." She pulled an ornate stiletto from her boot to show her companion that she meant match-making business. "You look nice. Let's get to going."

Momentarily feeling bad for threatening the water bender, the red clad former equalist playfully punched her new friend in the shoulder. She then straightened out his shirt and placed a small roll of yuans into Ichiro's hand. Getting that pink roll of paper meant taking on a few extra jobs which motivated Tsubaki to make sure things went well.
"That's for if things go well. I was told that's enough for a night at a decent place. Besides, a roll of yuans just makes you handsomer."

She sheepishly grimaced and scratched her neck. "And I, uh, didn't know who pays for the drinks when it's two guys. How does that work?" Suddenly, Tsubaki wondered if she was perhaps in over her head in trying to facilitate a homosexual coupling. Since doubt was not her strong suit, weapons were, she abandoned this line of thought for advice she thought was universal.
"Just because a guy buys you a drink that doesn't mean you owe him anything. Oh, and the other way too. But if you get all handsy with some cute guy whose not into it I'm totally going to knock you out. No one likes a creep."

The ramped up woman suddenly turned, nearly hitting the man of the hour with her trumpet case. "Signals! We need signals don't we? Um, um, um...Ah!" Tsubaki knelt down and opened her trumpet case and took out a red band made of silk. "If you get into trouble, like don't know what to say or the guy's boring or you need me to put a hurt on him just wave that above your head. Or just dangle it out of your pocket. Something like that."

She picked her trumpet case back up and took a deep breath, unsure of the last time she had been so nervous. Steel-faced, as if going into battle with The Avatar herself, Tsubaki led the charge out of Ichiro's door to a satomobile where a man in his thirties wearing an intricately printed black changshan with gray embroidering of a snail sloth. Where Tsubaki wore a face of excited tension the brown-haired man face spoke of determination.

The wild-haired woman smiled and with a outlandish flourish of motion gestured to the man and his satomobile.
"This is Iluak. Not only will he get us to where we need to go he'll get you and your date to any romantic kissy places. He's also a healer in case of any medical emergencies like I need to break some guy's arm for getting fresh." After a deep, cleansing breath, the kind many feared would lead to much more talking Tsubaki declared the night officially started.
"Man! Hunters! Go!"