The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Looking Around [Tag: Hangetsu]

Anonymous
Feb 5, 2016 21:57:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 5, 2016 21:57:25 GMT -6

Yutaka's relationship with his own parents tended toward cold distance but he felt amiable towards Ren'ai's mother and father. Where his own parents hid behind a facade of fake politeness most of the time Ren'ai's parents felt more genuine. He still greatly feared not being considered good enough for their daughter and prefered to not give them any ammunition towards rejecting him.

He couldn't dwell on insecurity long when Ren'ai mentioned her angry firebending on their first date. "That just means you're...lively...and energetic. And the only fire you have bended at me directly were just practice. As far as I'm concerned you have air acolyte patience."

Ren'ai smile when she told Yutaka that she needed him too felt like it would keep him warm for the rest of his life no matter which pole he moved to. After he cleaned the spilled polish from his girlfriend's pretty toes Yutaka took a moment to admire his work. Eight decently painted symbols of the elements. He blew on the firebender's toes to help them dry and went about massaging her feet thinking about the phone call he had made in the lobby earlier.

A young woman in a changseom decorated with the logo of the hot springs apologized for the interruption. Before she could even speak Yutaka almost hit the ceiling trying to get up and thanked the hostess for the trouble.
"Please, show them in and we would like our order now."

A handsome man close to Yutaka's age entered the room with a woman with bushy, black hair. Each wore matching black suits with slim ties, his blue, her's red. The woman looked around the fancy room in astonishment while the man looked put upon as he looked around.
" I don't like the acoustics. This will diminish the quality of the performance. I have a reputation to maintain, Mifune."

Yutaka smiled so wide he could not close his mouth. He clapped the good-looking man on the shoulder. "Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming, Mugen." The excited man turned to the woman he was determined to impress and gestured to the man in the black suit who had come in.
"Ren'ai, this is my friend Mugen. He's the one I told you about. I'm doing a painting for his mother. Since I won our last game of One Hudnred Poets asked him if he would sing for us." The excitement almost led Yutaka to shouting but he managed to take a few deep breaths and only speak at a higher volume and pitch.

"Mugen was there on our first date. Remember we saw 'The Boy In The Iceberg'? He played Katara. We play chess and shogi sometimes and he always beats me." Living as a sheltered and somewhat odd life, Yutaka hadn't made any friends until then and was just as excited about showing up his platonic friend as he was his girlfriend.
Mugen was less sure about the woman Mugen had brought with him. He wondered if his friend was using him to spend some time with his girlfriend in a hot spring.

"I'm Tsubaki. I just had to meet the guy who could beat Mugen at something." The frizzy-haired woman carrying a case peeked around Yutaka over to Ren'ai and sat down on the floor in front of her.
"Hi! Wow, your hair's so pretty! How did you and 'Taka meet? Are you rich too? Do you mind if I drink that tea?" The woman didn't bother to wait for an answer as she took the pot of tea and helped herself to Yutaka's cup.
"That's some fancy tea! The tea I drink-"
"I believe this would be a good time to tune up, Tsubaki," Mugen said. Tsubaki, with a sigh complied and took a trumpet from the case she carried and took it to a corner of the room where she oiled the keys and checked the tune.
"Apologies, Mugen said to Ren'ai as he bowed. "My trumpeter is...exuberant."

Yutaka took a seat beside Ren'ai but felt a little shy about snuggling up close to her with other people around. "I thought some live music would be nice and make things special. I guess sometimes gambling does pay off. Thank you for gambling on me, Ren'ai."
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on May 11, 2016 14:06:27 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ren’ai laughed as Yutaka put off her temper as just being lively and energetic. “You’ve never given me a reason to want to bend fire at you,” she told him, “and besides, I’m not an abusive person. That doesn’t mean that I don’t want to beat the crap out of the stupid customers I have to deal with at work.” She gave an exaggerated roll of her eyes at that remark. Shortly after that, her boyfriend told a woman that they wanted their order. She couldn’t remember them ordering something, but then again, she had been paying more attention to Yutaka than anything else. A short time later, a man and a woman walked in. She saw what he had done – they were going to have live music.

Yutaka quickly introduced her to his friend, though he did not introduce the woman. Yutaka explained why he was singing for them. It was sweet that he had even though about this. Ren’ai’s boyfriend also explained that Mugen had played Katara in the show they’d seen on their first date. “Yes, I do remember,” she told him. That was when the other woman decided she wouldn’t stay quiet anymore, by starting to chatter on. “Thank you,” she said, to the compliment on her hair. She then asked if she could have some tea, but didn’t wait for permission. Ren’ai leveled her with a glare. “We were set up actually, by our mothers, and yes, I’m rich, too.”

Ren’ai felt silly now for admitting that they were set up on a blind date by their mothers and that their first date hadn’t exactly gone that well at first. She turned to Yutaka as she spoke to her. Mugen apologized for Tsubaki, but the Firebender just brushed it off. “It’s fine,” she said. Yutaka then spoke, saying he thought live music would make this special, and then thanked her for gambling on him. “You’ll have to thank our mothers for setting us up,” she said, “but thank you.” She smiled and leaned into him. This was nice, very nice.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 18, 2016 11:21:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 18, 2016 11:21:32 GMT -6

It was a spoiled, rich kid thing to do, spending his parents money on a hot springs and bringing in live performers. To provide his beloved with a bit of relaxation Yutaka didn't mind embracing the stereotype. It helped that the singer he hired was a friend, it made him feel less like an entitled jackass.

When the trays of food containing various sushi and small sandwiches appeared so did a noise complaint about the sounds made while the two performers prepared their respective voice and instrument.

Yutaka laid the tray of food before Ren'ai with a grimace and an expression of guilt typically reserved for penitent murderers.

"There's a problem. People are complaining about the noise." He made an expression something akin to a smile and a grimace. "I fear that in order to do something nice for you I must be the kind of rich jerk we both despise. Should I acquiese and send Mugen and Tsubaki away or let them stay despite the complaints? This is your day so I think you should choose. Honestly, I think once the singing starts there will be no complaints. Who wouldn't love a spontaneous live performance?
Alas, Yutaka knew that not everyone was as fond of music and whimsy as he was.

Whether Ren'ai decided to keep the entertainment or not Yutaka decided independently that the people complaining should be compensated for their disturbance and orderd bottles of plum sake to mollify them.

Some of the furniture had been moved by the singer and trumpeter in the quest to find the best spot to perform and finally the two settled on a spot across from where Yutaka and Ren'ai sat, dispensing any need for them to move their comfortable seating.

"Should the show go on, Ren'ai?"

Post by Gia on Sept 5, 2016 18:31:40 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ren’ai was enjoying herself far too much. This was a great day so far. It had been far too long since she had let herself be pampered, and the fact that her boyfriend was doing it for her just made it all better. That was, of course, when Yutaka told her there were noise complaints. He asked her what she wanted to do, wondering if he should be the rich jerk that they both despised and let them complain or send the two away. It annoyed Ren’ai more than anything that other people were trying to ruin her good day. He was just trying to do something nice for her, and that was all that mattered to her.

Ren’ai waved her hand. “I don’t care what they think,” she said. “Let them complain. It’s not as if we do this every day.” The Firebender shrugged her shoulders. “Besides, if they don’t like it then they can leave. It’s not as if I care. Besides, as you said, who wouldn’t like live music?” She flipped her hair over her shoulders, and smiled down at her boyfriend. “I say let the show go on.” Screw anyone else who didn’t want her to do something nice for her, though she thought that they might get some nasty looks when they left. Utnil then she couldn’t care less.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 20, 2016 14:13:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 20, 2016 14:13:31 GMT -6

"I don't think I've ever been so happy to be one of the those obnoxious rich people." Yutaka turned to the singer and the trumpeter in their matching suits and un-matching ties with a wide, toothy smile.
"Milady wishes the show to go on and so it shall."

After cinching the waist of his embroidered robe Yutaka reached over to his amber-eyed love but sheepishly looked away for a moment before refocussing his attention on his fire bending better half.
"By now you know I like to dance with you in the oddest of places," he said as he reminisced about dancing with his girlfriend in a circle of food stalls. Clubs and ballrooms seemed a little too common for a pair of people from wealthy families who preferred simpler lives.

A familiar melody erupted from the trumpet of the woman Tsubaki that Yutaka's friend had brought with him and before the words could be sung Yutaka began to glide across the wooden floor while holding onto Ren'ai's hands. A smooth baritone voice then subtly filled the room with a jazzy rendition of "I Only Have Eyes For You" which led to some stirring of the adjacent rooms of the hot springs.

A small group of people had congregated outside of the room's door, no doubt in response to the music bleeding through the literally paper thin walls that divided the rooms.Some carried wine bottles which Yutaka had sent as a pre-apology but saw no angry faces and saw no attempts to hit him with said bottles.

"Uh...sorry. I'm just..." The awkward earth bender looked around and forced a smile. "Let's give it up for Mugen Yuan on vocals and Tsubaki on the trumpet." His claps were lonely at first but gained friends as the potential complainers seemed more like appreciators of love music.
"Any requests?" Yutaka favored his hired musicians with an apologetic look to which Mugen, the singer, looked annoyed. Then again the man tended to look that way most of the time. Still, the perturbed, brown haired singer began to sing.
"Today...I feel like pleasing you...more than before..."

Relief, tension a thrill of getting away with something showed in Yutaka's smile as he bowed to Ren'ai for a second dance.

OOC: The songs are "I Only Have Eyes For You" by The Flamingos and "Today" by Jefferson Airplane if you are curious or need a soundtrack.

Post by Gia on Oct 18, 2016 12:27:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ren’ai smiled lovingly at Yutaka when he said he was glad, at that moment, to be an obnoxious rich person. Right now, she was, too, and that was a thought that she never thought she’d have. They didn’t do things like this very often, so she certainly believed that they were allowed to do it when they did choose to do that. After all, she didn’t live like a rich girl. She lived in an average apartment with her best friend, and worked as a waitress at a restaurant. Nothing about that screamed rich girl, so screw anyone who had a problem with what her boyfriend wanted to do for her right now.

Ren’ai had to admit that the music was rather good. This was a nice treat. She smiled up at her Earthbending boyfriend as he said that he liked to dance with her in odd places. “Of course I know that,” she said, as if the very thought that she didn’t was insulting. There was movement outside the door; she wasn’t sure that was, but it didn’t seem angry so the Firebender let it go. Yutaka seemed to have taken care of everything today. It had been a very nice day, and she couldn’t be happier at the moment.

She clapped along with Yutaka for the musicians, as they were rather good. There seemed to be applause coming from the rooms around them. “At least we don’t have angry people at the door,” Ren’ai said smiling at him. They started playing again, and Yutaka asked her for another dance. She put her hand in his as he asked for another dance. “This has been a wonderful day,” she said. “Thank you.” She didn’t get to do stuff like this very often, and doing it with him made it even more special for her.
This user is Mod