The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Past, Future, and a Few Presents (Hangetsu)

Anonymous
Jan 9, 2014 20:14:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 9, 2014 20:14:16 GMT -6

Saying that Airi was enraptured about today's upcoming evens could cover about half of what she felt. For about three months she's been teaching Yutaka about probending as well as hanging out with him as a friend. A friend! She could hardly believe it, even after all this time. Most people would become irritated or annoyed when she'd forget certain things or start her sentences over, like she forgot she had already said it. Well, either he didn't mind or he was nice enough to stick by her. Nonetheless, it was absolutely fantastic to be able to hang out with someone around her age and just have fun, though he might disagree from all the bumps, bruises, burns and whatever else he had received from the training she gave him or that he inflicted on himself. Fighting wise, Yutaka was about as beginner as one could be and, well, lets just say she wasn't all that used to teaching people from the beginning. It wasn't until their third lesson that they decided to invest in some equipment.

She clutched his solstice present to her chest, leaning on the brick building where they were supposed to meet. It was the day after the solstice, but they both had commitments on the actual day that they had agreed to meet up the day after, which was completely fine with her. She had a wonderful time with her family listening to the radio, telling stories, and eating the desserts her brother had made. With the bakery closed down for the holiday, her parents had some time off that her mother offered to show her a few things about firebending after dinner just like the lessons she used to get when she was younger. Even if she knew most of it, going back to the basics after probending was something she sorely needed to review. Thankfully, her mother was happy to provide that kind of help.

Airi played with her braid with the hand that wasn't busy holding the present and felt a pang of soreness from her arms and grimaced. Yup, she sure enjoyed that training with her mother the other day but ouch her mother knew exactly how to push her. On the topic of soreness, she wondered how Yutaka was doing. They were mostly on a weekly schedule for practice and she had told him to do certain exercises to help out with building certain muscles her father told her were key for earthbending. Had he been keeping up with that or skimping on it?

She shook herself from that mindset. Here she was, nicely dressed without a speck of flour on her clothes and waiting for a friend, not helping him out with his bending to impress his lady friend. In an absent thought the firebender wondered if she liked the necklace Yutaka got for her. It was almost a silly experience: her trying to help pick out something for someone she met once and even then they had been fighting the entire time. Still, she hoped she had been at least a bit useful for that, but she wouldn't know until he showed up, now would she?

ooc; eep let me know if you want me to change anything
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Jan 9, 2014 23:36:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 9, 2014 23:36:22 GMT -6

As far as morning-after solstices were concerned, it wasn't a bad one but Yutaka still wished he could have spent most of the second shortest day of the year recuperating from the shortest. Getting that day off was considered something of a miracle and he wanted to sleep through that particular gift from the gods.

As enticing as his bed was Yutaka knew that he couldn't truly sleep if he skipped his meeting with Airi. His one friend beat sleep every time.
Not having his driver accessible and having to lug his practice equipment to the abandoned building he was scheduled to meet Airi seemed like poetic justice for not exercising as regularly as his instructor suggested.
He imagined he looked like an active volcano red and panting, complete with smoke courtesy of the lit cigarette in his mouth.

He has to sit down. He'd be late but he had to sit down. Too much meat combined with the fact that he knew if he didn't immediately buy new practice bending disks with the money from last night's party he would burn through it. The weary smoker was sure his friend would appreciate the new rubber coated disks he had bought when they were hurtling toward her. What he was less sure about was the actual gift he had given her. It was easy to find something like the new disks that told her: 'I don't wish to accidentally kill you.' but more difficult to find something that said that he considered her a dear friend.

By the time Yutaka reached Airi he had to drop the light brown sports bag he carried which resulted in a 'THUNK' sound that made him wince at the thought of wasting money on something he would break less than an hour later.
"Sorry I'm late but there was..." He smiled as he raised his hands over his head, spreading and curling his fingers like claws. "This huge platypus-bear blocking my way. Luckily, a dragon came by and torched it. That's why I smell like smoke."
Previously, Yutaka had promised that he'd never lie to Airi and if he did he would at least try to make up something entertaining and outlandish.
"How was your solstice?"

Before his friend could speak Yutaka held up his hand. He couldn't bear to hold in his good news any longer.
"Ren'ai loved the necklace. We danced and I got to meet her family. I didn't nervously vomit on them or anything. Okay, I'll shut up now. How was your solstice?"
Last edit by Deleted: Jan 11, 2014 16:46:49 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jan 13, 2014 19:35:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 13, 2014 19:35:29 GMT -6

Airi watched as her friend burst through the doors with... equipment? The woman stayed silent as he dropped the gear on the floor - the noise not sounding good at all - and looked about as red as her shirt. But she didn't have any time to ask questions, not when Yutaka was making up stories. "What ever happened to the dragon, then?" she asked, a smirk creeping it's way up as she played along. The ridiculous lies he liked to tell were always silly and never failed to make her smile and giggle at them.

"My solstice was pretty nice," she told him. "It was just with my family, but we had a great time. Aisen and my dad made dinner and I sparred with my mom a bit." Airi stretched a bit, her muscles aching with the movement. "Now I know how you feel," she laughed, rubbing her arms and almost dropping the present.

"Oh, here," she said, pushing the gift into his arms with a goofy smile. Her gift to him was something simple, but something she felt that he would enjoy: a record. It was some group he liked but she couldn't recall the name right then and the present was wrapped. "But, uh, why did you bring the gear? I thought we were heading out?"

ooc; ughhh this is lame so sorry
Anonymous
Jan 14, 2014 15:23:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 14, 2014 15:23:41 GMT -6

Yutaka never had any valid back-up for his ludicrous stories hence his pause at Airi's questioning of his dragon story.
"It flew away...as dragons are wont to do."

He unbuttoned his black overcoat and but barely felt the breeze through his thick, brown changshan sporting embroidered lemurs appearing as though trying to climb Yutaka's leg. At the moment it was working too well at blocking the wind.
The sore earthbender felt the dire need to roll his eyes at his friend when she mentioned being sore.
"Oh please, I'm sure your mother is gentle compared to you. I probably lost seven good layers of warming fat thanks to you."

Under normal circumstances Yutaka dove right into tearing open presents but he wanted to take a moment to appreciate the anticipation of the first gift from a friend. An involuntary and embarrassingly non-manly squeal escaped.
He studied the cover the record which consisted of a close up a water tribe woman with slightly chubby cheeks smoking an old fashioned pipe.
Part of him wanted to clutch it to his chest but he'd destroyed precious albums that way before.
"Kirima Banti and The Forgotten Snow. Excellent!" He looked at the back of the sleeve dreamily. "I've always wanted to hear this. Some guy at The Golden Fan claimed it was the greatest fusion of jazz and southern water tribe folk music ever. She does this throat singing this I read about and..." He stopped just before he could start rambling.
"I love it. Thank you. Now I feel bad because my gift isn't nearly this good."

Bending over with a slight bit of pain due to the previous night's bending session with his girlfriend Yutaka unzipped the duffel bag he had unceremoniously dropped to the ground and brandished a rubber-coated disk with an stone core.
"For when we practice. I thought you'd like to get hit and not...you know...die. Um, that's not your solstice present though because that's for both of us since I don't want you to die either. So..."
He pulled a long, slender box wrapping in white paper printed with snowmen.

Yutaka's heart fell a little when he saw the box had a corner crushed by the heavy rubber and rock disks but he knew the long black gloves of tough black material with red stitching would not be harmed. With both hands he extended the box with an unsure expression.