The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Don't Take Me for Granted [tag: zombi]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2013 18:03:40 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
The next few days were like walking on clouds. Nagisa enjoyed every moment with Hyuk-jae, unable to keep himself from doing little things to show his attention: a small pat on the shoulder as he walked by, his pinky just touching the side of Hyuk-jae's hand if they sat side-by-side anywhere, and of course, extra cuddles before and during sleep. Hyuk-jae hadn't pushed him at all on the subject of 'that' (the very thought of which made Nagisa turn beet red).

Their days off came and went; Hyuk-jae went out for a little bit each day on mysterious errands Nagisa never asked about. Curious as he was, he wasn't sure he wanted to know the answer. Instead, he puttered about the house, looking for some of his old favourite comics. One day during the week, reading comics a little after he and Hyuk-jae settled in for bed, he came across a sparkly scene wherein the heroine of the story was just confronted by the boy she liked. The scene had a lot of white and screentone, with big eyes and meaningful facial expressions.

Wait! said the boy as she turned away. His face had the slash marks across the cheeks and the nose to indicate blushing.
The girl turned. What is it?
The boy looks away, screentone added to his face to deepen the blush. I — I love you... !

Nagisa stared at the page. Oh... oh no. He looked over at Hyuk-jae, who was reading a new detective book he got him, one about a young lady sleuth and her two girlfriends. They had forgotten one of the pinnacles of romance: the confession!

For the rest of the week, it bothered him. Who would do the confession scene? Would it be him, as the more feminine of the two? Or would it be Hyuk-jae, as the more masculine? Where would it happen? — Not at work, surely, work people didn't need to know stuff like this!

His agonising lasted until their next weekend; Hyuk-jae went out again after writing something down on a little slip of paper, and Nagisa was determined to welcome him home with something special. He went to the phone to call a service to bring over a romantic dinner (because doing it himself would likely make the kitchen a mess at best, burnt down house at the worst, hardly romantic!); next to the phone was a page out of the newspaper.

Idly glancing over it as he dialed for the operator, Nagisa noticed that there was a red circle around one of the squares of text. Peering closer, he noticed it was an 'available' ad:

FOR RENT
1BR 1 BATH, STUDIO, Y500/ MO.
UPPER _____ DISTRICT

and a phone number.

It hit him like a punch in the gut. Nagisa replaced the phone into the receiver, ignoring the calls of 'Hello? Hello?' on the other end; he picked up the paper and slumped onto the sofa.

That's right. Hyuk-jae was moving out. He had been so wrapped up in himself and feeling good that he had forgotten their arrangement was temporary. Again.

When Hyuk-jae came back home from apartment-scouting, Nagisa was reading the same page in his comic for the fiftieth time. "Hey," he murmured, not looking up.
This user is Mod
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 23, 2013 17:17:28 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2013 21:56:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2013 21:56:23 GMT -6

For as long as he could remember, Hyuk-jae had dreamed about his own place. Somewhere with plenty of windows for sunlight, a place he could paint sky blue and have window boxes. His parents' house was tiny and cramped, in a bad part of town. All the apartments he had ever lived in since — with the exception of Nagisa's — were worse. And for the first time in his life, he had money. He had a steady job. He would be able to afford the rent on a place like he dreamed about.

It might take a while to find it, of course. Having gone through at least six ads already, Hyuk-jae knew that. But he didn't mind the searching, because he was sure it would work out. It had to! The place he interviewed today was promising. The ad was short but the price was right. He could see it clearly in his mind:

FOR RENT
1BR 1 BATH, STUDIO, Y500 / MO.
UPPER _____ DISTRICT

The leasing agent was very nice, dressed conservatively and eager to show him the place. Hyuk-jae walked in, noting immediately the large windows on one wall. The agent mentioned that they could be drafty, but he waved her concerns away. Drafty was nothing! The kitchen was decent, small enough but with one opening window over the sink. Perfect for window boxes of herbs! Bedroom? Small, but cozy, with a Murphy bed. Hyuk-jae liked it more than anything else he'd looked at. The neighborhood wasn't the best, and it was an old building — that accounted for the price. He didn't mind all that, though. The place would be available to move in immediately, which gave him time to paint.

"I'll take it," he said proudly, eyes shining. He couldn't wait to tell Nagisa. It was like a dream come true! He practically skipped back to his friend (?)'s place, heart hammering in his chest. He couldn't wait to paint! They could go look at furniture! Wouldn't Nagisa love that? Hyuk-jae entered the apartment in high spirits, eager to share his news — but it seemed very much like his friend was not interested.

Glancing at the comic, Hyuk-jae raised a brow. "You've been reading that one a while," he said. Nagisa wasn't really looking at him. "... What's wrong?"
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 23, 2013 17:16:44 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2013 23:01:17 GMT -6

Nagisa squirmed uncomfortably. It wasn't fair to Hyuk-jae that he'd assumed that he'd be staying, so he wasn't really sure how to answer the question. But... they were closer friends(?) now, right? Surely he could just be honest. He tried it.

"I saw you were looking for apartments," he said hesitantly, avoiding Hyuk-jae's eyes. "I... I forgot you weren't staying here. Permanently, I mean. It... it made me sad."

And it was true. He had just assumed that Hyuk-jae was going to be staying; it seemed like such a natural partnership, they had fallen into such an easy living pattern together that Nagisa hadn't even entertained the notion — apart from the first day — of Hyuk-jae finding a new place to live.

Which was silly. It was his idea after all that the placement be temporary, and he hadn't ever once asked if Hyuk-jae even wanted to stay with him. Painfully, he recalled the day he forcibly made Hyuk-jae move out of his old place. Hyuk-jae had bee so mad, and had talked about his pride, and Nagisa didn't want to start all that again. Especially not now, when things had been going so well.

He smiled tentatively up at his friend (?) and laughed a little. "Sorry... I guess I'm just being silly, right? Hah." He got up from the couch, folding his comic book shut. A bit of water splashed on the cover. "Huh?" He put a hand to his cheek. He was crying! "Oh!" he said, surprised. "Ahaha... what?" He couldn't stop.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2013 23:21:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2013 23:21:29 GMT -6

Squirming, Nagisa refused to look him in the face. Hyuk-jae blew a piece of hair out of his eyes, waiting silently in front of the other man. For a second he thought he would have to force it out of him, but finally he confessed.

"I forgot you weren't staying here. Permanently, I mean. It... it made me sad."

"Oh," said Hyuk-jae, as Nagisa began to cry. "No." He sat down next to Nagisa, putting his hand on top of the other young man's. "It's not silly. And it's not that I don't love staying here with you." He leaned forward, trying to meet Nagisa's eyes. The shorter man avoided his gaze. "But I've been dreaming about my own place since... god, since I lived with my parents." Tenderly he brushed a piece of fluffy hair off his friend's face. "It — I thought you would be happy for me..." His angular face was concerned, eyes dark. Didn't Nagisa understand? It was so, so much more than 'just' moving out. "I wanted to share this with you."

Truth be told, he really wanted to have Nagisa come in to a place he owned and find it charming. He wanted to give him a key, a drawer to keep some clothes. Hyuk-jae imagined washing his sheets in lavender and having Nagisa smell like his soap. Didn't the shorter man want that too?

He sighed, leaning back. "You were so nice to bring me here," Hyuk-jae said, "truly. To share your home with me. But — I want to do it, too." Still, Nagisa wasn't looking at him. It was frustrating! "Nagisa." Hyuk-jae nudged him with his knee. "Nagisa-ya. Can you not look at me when I'm talking to you, huh?" It was chiding, but not angry. "I'll still make you dinner and stuff, c'mon."

"I'm going to need your help looking for furniture. And painting — do you like painting?" This sad, heavy mood wasn't like Nagisa, and Hyuk-jae didn't like it. He sighed.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 22, 2013 23:42:39 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 23, 2013 0:07:12 GMT -6

Nagisa raised his tear-stained face to Hyuk-jae's, then gave him a hug. "I'm sorry," he hiccuped, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. "It's just so nice having you here!"

"I'm going to need your help looking for furniture. And painting — do you like painting?"

Hyuk-jae said the magic words. "Shopping?" Nagisa asked, his face lighting up. He sniffled, rubbing his fists into his eyes. "I like shopping!"

Of course, Hyuk-jae moving out was still sad! There was no denying that. But at least it wouldn't be so bleak. There was shopping to look forward too, and designing! Then he remembered — he had never given Hyuk-jae those cooking things he had bought when he went shopping with Sayona. Things had happened so quickly, and they had been so busy with work, that they had forgotten all about it! Hyuk-jae had just been making do with the meager supplies he had himself, with a few extra purchased knicknacks. A small, secret smile played at his lips. He'd give those to Hyuk-jae when he moved. A — a housewarming present, right?

Feeling immensely better about the whole prospect, especially since Hyuk-jae reassured him they'd still see each other outside of work and spend time together, gave Hyuk-jae another hug before excusing himself to the bathroom to wash his face and blow his nose.

He sat back down in the living room, opening his comic back up to the last page he remembered reading. "Hey, Hyuk-jae," he called out, swinging his legs back and forth. Hyuk-jae was somewhere downstairs, out of his eyeline. Nagisa took a deep breath and steeled his nerves. "Hey, um... I was wonderi~~~~~ing... would... would... wouldyouliketogowanadatewithme?"

Nagisa felt his cheeks flush, and he drew his knees up to his chin, burying his face into the pages of his comic. That was a stupid thing right? Boys didn't go on dates with other boys.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 23, 2013 17:36:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 23, 2013 17:36:00 GMT -6

Finally. Shopping always excited the shorter man, and Hyuk-jae was pleased that mentioning it worked. After all, Nagisa would find shopping fun, right? And Hyuk-jae would need a lot of things. He almost winced thinking about it, knowing he'd be buying a lot — but the studio had a built-in bed and built-in shelving, so he could probably do okay just getting some seating and things for a kitchen.

Gosh, he had a lot to think about. Maybe he should start making lists.

"Mmmph?" Hyuk-jae poked his head around his corner, bootlace in his mouth. He had been re-lacing them and he wasn't sure he had heard correctly. Taking the laces out of his mouth, he grinned. "A date? Are you asking me out?" Like, in public?

Nagisa wanted to go out in public with him? The Firebender only had to think for a moment before agreeing. Where would they go? He'd never been on a date before. They agreed on their next night off, and in curiosity, he picked up one of the fluffy-haired man's comic books the next day. Maybe it would give him some ideas?

Flipping through the pages was quite a shock. Was this… was this what Nagisa was thinking of? Hyuk-jae opened one of the books — something about a Princess — to a pink, light-and-sparkle-filled page. The boy was gazing longingly at the heroine, having just confessed his love. He was wearing a waistcoat.

Hyuk-jae did not own a waistcoat.

He found himself worrying for days about what to wear. Nagisa already knew what all his clothes looked like. Normally he never cared. The night of their date he ended up in the royal blue, fidgety and uncertain. He just looked the SAME! Would Nagisa think he didn't care? In all those comics the boys looked perfect for their dates, with sparkles and things around them. Hyuk-jae was not sparkly.

He sighed, tugging at his earrings, waiting while Nagisa spent an hour in the bathroom.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 24, 2013 2:03:29 GMT -6

He could've DIED when Hyuk-jae agreed. As it was, his eyes grew into saucers, his hands clasped together, and rainbows and sparkles practically exploded from his smile.

Over the week he frenziedly planned their outing, scheduling activities from around 5PM all the way until a few hours after dinner. He had a full, hand-drawn (with wax crayons!) itinerary; from sightseeing at the park and watching the nighttime performers, then having a nice dinner from kuang's cafe (he figured the place was expensive enough that Hyuk-jae could be as picky as he wanted) served at the top-most guest-friendly level of the Republic City Tower.

He went out and bought a new outfit: a light blue long-sleeved button up, a bluish-purple cravat, grey trousers, and a dark blue-purple waistcoat.

Nagisa could hardly sit still during the week, excited for their date; he entertained clients generously, even dealing with the troublesome Nima with grace and good natured simpering.

The night of their date, Nagisa wanted everything to be absolutely perfect. He primped and styled in the bathroom until every hair was perfectly in place, his skin was smooth as silk, and he smelled like delicious sweet green melon.

When he finally came out of the bathroom, he beamed at Hyuk-jae. "Are you ready to go?" he asked, blushing a little. "I'm so excited!"

They walked, instead of taking a cab; Hyuk-jae didn't seem to like cabs, and Central Park wasn't too far from the house. As they walked to the little square where performers gathered, Nagisa shyly slipped his hand into Hyuk-jae's.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 25, 2013 1:44:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2013 1:44:31 GMT -6

Hyuk-jae had no idea what they'd be doing. He'd been a bit busy scrubbing the studio apartment and going to a few second-hand shops without Nagisa. Paying the deposit and first month's rent got him the keys immediately, which meant he could paint and everything else before moving his things in. The young man spent one whole day by himself cleaning it from top to bottom, excited the entire time. He wanted to wait to show Nagisa until the place was clean and ready to paint, after all!

It might be fun to paint it together. He could imagine them having snacks and painting and it seemed like a nice time. Since there was already a bed, Hyuk-jae could just buy some furniture for seats and a kitchen table or so. It was a nice deal, if he said so himself.

Waiting with the front of his hair falling slightly over one eye, Hyuk-jae looked down at his boots. Maybe… maybe he should buy some new shoes. The boots were great, and he'd had them a long time — but they were a little worn around the edges and scuffed at the toes. When Nagisa finally emerged from the upstairs, wearing clothes Hyuk-jae didn't think he'd ever seen before, he smiled a little.

Of course he'd used it as an excuse to buy a new outfit. It was Nagisa, after all.

The younger man asked if he was ready to go and he just shrugged. This was Nagisa's idea, wasn't it? He had no idea where they were even going! "Where to?" Hyuk-jae asked, opening the door.
Apparently, to the park. Appreciative of not being asked to take a cab, the taller man followed without a fuss. They soon reached the street performer square. Hyuk-jae rarely found time to notice what was happening. It was a shock to see how good some of them were! A couple of dancers were putting on a very detailed performance that captivated both young men. Clapping enthusiastically, they moved on once it was over to look at sidewalk art. Some of it was very impressive.

By the time Nagisa's stomach growling got loud enough to make him blush, they'd been holding hands quite a while and Hyuk-jae felt comfortable. Once the fluffy-haired host told him where they were eating, however, his expression became a bit dismayed.
"The Tower?" Wasn't that a supremely expensive place? Hyuk-jae didn't have that kind of money! Wasn't he supposed to, y'know, pay? He sighed a little, uncertain. What about his diet? Wouldn't it be annoying to an establishment to have to cater to him?

But his friend wouldn't hear of it. Insisting that since he had asked, he would pay, Nagisa dragged Hyuk-jae to the fancy locale while regaling him with promises that fancy people places expected to put up with finicky eaters. Not thinking himself the finicky type, Hyuk-jae grit his teeth and said nothing.

The way the maître d' looked down at his shoes made him want to sink through the floor. The Tower was absolutely not his kind of place. What was Nagisa thinking of, picking somewhere like this? Self-conscious, Hyuk-jae took his seat and stared at the menu. His jaw just had to be on the floor due to the prices. Looking up with panicked eyes, he noted that Nagisa didn't seem flustered in the least.

What must that be like?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 25, 2013 3:45:16 GMT -6

"It'll be fine, I promise." Nagisa tried his best to reassure Hyuk-jae. Kuang's Cuisine was expensive to begin with, and having it specially delivered to the Tower even more so, but it was well within their price range. Well, technically. Nagisa wondered if this sort of thing would ever be in Hyuk-jae's mental price range.

He looked through the menu. "Don't be afraid to tell them exactly what you don't want to eat," he said, glancing through the menu for what he wanted. The waiter arrived shortly after, asking if they were ready to order. Nagisa confidently placed the order for an appetiser — tamagoyaki-- and for his entree, a sashimi and sushi "boat", and to drink some sparkling apple cider. Hyuk-jae hesitantly ordered some hot tea and a dish with meat and vegetables, but stumbled over asking for it to be without rice so Nagisa interjected for him, speaking authoritatively. The server didn't bat an eyelash, simply wrote it down on a little pad of paper and went away.

Nagisa smiled at Hyuk-jae, who still seemed uncomfortable. "Just... just try and forget about the price for now, okay?" he asked, his voice a little bit pleading. "Look, look." He gestured to his right. Their table was situated on a small outer terrace overlooking the city. It was a breathtaking view, Nagisa thought, hovering over the city at night. The lights were on everywhere it seemed, and the city twinkled and sparkled like a page in one of his comics. "Isn't it pretty?" He smiled wider at Hyuk-jae, reaching over to pat his hand. "Thanks for coming with me."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 25, 2013 4:28:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2013 4:28:18 GMT -6

"It's very pretty," Hyuk-jae agreed. He couldn't just forget about the price, though. When Nagisa thanked him for coming, he laughed. "Of course," the young man said. "Why wouldn't I?" He wasn't an idiot. Even though he and Nagisa had not expressly stated their feelings to each other, Hyuk-jae knew he'd been overheard at work in the bathroom. He knew Nagisa heard him.

Leaning his chin in his hand, he gazed at the young man across from him. "What are we doing after dinner?" Hyuk-jae asked. He was, by now, fully aware of Nagisa's little crayon plan for their night. It amused him. "Did you plan everything?" Down to the minute? It was adorable, though not spontaneous. When their food arrived, Hyuk-jae ate his and exclaimed over how very good it was. Nagisa seemed happier when he looked like he was enjoying the fancy place. Hyuk-jae made a mental note to plan a second date for them that didn't involve Kuang's.

They shared berries and cream for dessert — summer's harvest provided perfectly sweet fruits, and the Firebender admitted that the cinnamon in the cream was amazing. The two of them could stare down at the sparkling city, sharing a bowl, and it was romantic. Just like Nagisa's comic books.

As they left the restaurant, Nagisa's quickly-consulted plan showed them having a carriage ride. A bit wary of horses, Hyuk-jae let Nagisa step into the carriage first. The inside was red and sumptuous. Obviously, this was an activity meant for romantic dates. Which was what they were on, he reminded himself. Tucking the shorter man close to his side, the Firebender let his hand gently rest on Nagisa's hip. It was a bit of a possessive gesture, and as the horse clopped along he stroked his thumb softly against the slight ridge of the man's hip.

"Is it working out?" Hyuk-jae asked quietly.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 25, 2013 5:59:21 GMT -6

Nagisa felt like he was floating on air. Was this what airbenders felt like, using the wind to carry them places? If so, he imagined that being an airbender must be a very pleasant thing to be.

The meal was delicious. Nagisa's eyes had grown huge when the sushi boat was placed in front of him. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but it sure as heck wasn't an actual boat. On the boat, in a bed of thinly shredded daikon radish, were brightly coloured slices of fish, daintily arranged. Some fish were wrapped in seaweed and had rice, others were just plain pieces. He at them all without hesitating, dipping them a little into a small saucer with soy sauce and a bit of thinly sliced pickled ginger. He didn't touch the small flower-shaped dollop of green horseradish though. He hated the stuff.

Dessert was equally delicious; sharing fruit and cream, overlooking the brightly lit city — it was a dream come true.

After dinner, he took Hyuk-jae on a carriage ride. He climbed in, settling with a wiggle into the lush, cushy red-coloured seats. Hyuk-jae climbed in after; when he pulled Nagsa close, the fluffy-haired man nestled comfortably against his chest.

"Is it working out?" Hyuk-jae asked quietly.

Nagisa looked up at him with big eyes. "What do you mean?" he asked, confused. Maybe Hyuk-jae meant the date? "I'm having a lot of fun, if that's what you're asking." Shyly, tentatively, he raised his lips to Hyuk-jae's and gave him a soft, nervous kiss, banking on the privacy of the coach.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 26, 2013 7:26:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 26, 2013 7:26:09 GMT -6

Nagisa should really know better than to kiss him. It ignited the fire in him, made him care nothing about privacy in coaches or people who might see. Hyuk-jae wound fingers into soft, strawberry-scented hair, pulling him closer. Pulling in a soft breath he nearly sighed, letting his hand slide down Nagisa's back to press them together. Tracing the contours of Nagisa's mouth was maddening, sweet with the cream and fruit of their dessert, soft and warm. Very nearly sliding his hand under Nagisa's shirt, it was only the younger man's quiet sound that made him pull back. This is probably not on his itinerary. Pushing Nagisa away, Hyuk-jae sat on his hands and took a new, deep breath, looking out at the city streets and drawing his tongue along his bottom lip.

"Sorry." It was just so frustrating! Or did Nagisa think that Hyuk-jae wasn't a physical person, that he didn't crave that kind of contact? Perhaps he thought, given the Firebender's previous… situation… that he would find that kind of thing unnecessary? Or worse, that he actively did not want it? Ruffling his hair with one hand, he let out a groan of annoyance, mostly with himself.

There was a ninety-nine percent chance that this was not how Nagisa had pictured this going. The younger man had clearly worked up nerve to ask him out in the first place! He was supposed to be respectful and understanding.
Both of which he was, of course. He got it, even if he wasn't sure what the reason was. And he would never — well, he respected the other man's wishes. He just... ah, who was he kidding? Hyuk-jae hadn't the foggiest idea of what dating was like. Physical affection was the best he could do, all he had experience with.

He was supposed to be romantic, right? Nagisa wanted a date like his comics... whatever that meant, surely. He should've paid more attention when he was looking at the princess one! But he couldn't figure what else there was. They'd already done the fancy restaurant, carriage, everything. Determined to oblige Nagisa's wish, Hyuk-jae smiled. "What's next, then?" he asked, keeping his voice light. "On your itinerary?" Not that a carriage ride wasn't great, but he didn't know how much of this close, romantic proximity he could deal with.

"Or didn't you plan that far ahead?"

Trying to catch sight of the shorter man's face, Hyuk-jae leaned forward. He wasn't upset with him, was he?
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 26, 2013 23:35:44 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 27, 2013 17:18:23 GMT -6

Well, that certainly opened up a can of worms (so to speak). Nagisa's eyes widened as Hyuk-jae leaned in for a fuller kiss, He enjoyed it, of course, but when Hyuk-jae made as if to slip his hand in his shirt, he couldn't help but make a muffled little squeak. Hyuk-jae pushed him away at the sound, sitting on his hands and looking outside of the carriage window like a much-tormented man.

Nagisa bit his lip, his cheeks flushing with colour. He knew what Hyuk-jae wanted — and it wasn't like he wasn't interested! — but it was just so... scary. He'd never had an intimate relationship with anyone, physically or emotionally, and while he wanted very much to make Hyuk-jae happy he was just ... uncertain about himself. And insecure. Especially considering that Hyuk-jae was experienced where he was not, leading him to fear that, perhaps, he wouldn't measure up to Hyuk-jae's expectations.

Resting his hand against Hyuk-jae's forearm, Nagisa gave him a small, shy little smile. "I'm — " What? What would be the best way to say it? "Thank you for understanding," he said instead, feeling a little embarrassed. Hyuk-jae smiled at him.

What's next, then?" he asked. "On your itinerary? Or didn't you plan that far ahead?"

Inwardly, Nagisa gave a sigh of relief. He was hoping that Hyuk-jae wouldn't be offended. Not that he expected it, exactly, but he felt like he was in uncharted waters and there was no telling what might happen.

He pulled out his much-folded itinerary and consulted it for a moment before looking up sheepishly. "This was the last activity." Gosh, why didn't he plan more things?

They passed a few more buildings before slowly circling back to the starting point. Nagisa felt a little panicked. He didn't want 'date night' to end yet, but he didn't have anything else planned. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The carriage ride drew to a close, and Nagisa climbed out, followed by Hyuk-jae. He looked around, running his fingers through his hair, trying to come up with SOMEthing interesting.

Well there was always... that. He hesitated for a moment before slipping his hand into Hyuk-jae's. "You know, we could always um... go home," he said softly, putting an emphasis on the last two words, hoping that Hyuk-jae would understand his meaning. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest. Was he ready for this? Part of him said no, it's scary, too scary, what if — ! But another, larger part of him was really eager to find out.

He could feel himself turning a bright red as he waited for Hyuk-jae's answer. Maybe he didn't make it clear enough?
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 27, 2013 17:18:51 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 27, 2013 17:33:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 27, 2013 17:33:04 GMT -6

Relief filled the Firebender as the carriage circled 'round and their ride ended. He took a deep breath as he stepped out, filling his lungs with clean, fresh air. Yes. It didn't smell like strawberries and make him crazy. Glancing at Nagisa and his little colorful paper, he found himself laughing when told it was the last activity. He'd thought the whole evening would be planned 'til midnight! No dancing?

"You know, we could always um... go home."

Heck yeah they could — wait, what? Surely not. Blinking, Hyuk-jae sorted through his thoughts. There was no way in the nine hells that Nagisa meant go home the way Hyuk-jae was thinking about, was there? He had already proven himself to be uncertain. Even if he did mean it that way, it was probably just because… because he thought that's what Hyuk-jae wanted. Frowning at the thought, the taller man laced their fingers together and started walking toward Nagisa's flat.

"Sure," he said. "You must be tired. And we work tomorrow, right?" He could just avoid the topic. That would be fine. Even if it came up later, there was no reason they couldn't, you know. Everything but. That was probably the best compromise he could think of on the spot. Nagisa was still blushing as they walked, his face a bright, tomato-y shade of red.

Yeah. Hyuk-jae should be a gentleman, like the comic books. "You know, soon we'll go home separately. It'll be weird." Finding that he didn't like that thought, Hyuk-jae frowned again. Maybe they could work something out? It was hard to think of sleeping by himself after weeks of company…
Reaching the front door, he waited for Nagisa to unlock it.

"New shirt?" The question was light and airy, meant to keep Nagisa from thinking too hard about anything else. He could always be distracted with fashion and shopping, after all. It worked every other time.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 27, 2013 17:53:33 GMT -6

Nagisa's face fell a little. Hyuk-jae didn't seem to understand him, but he had no other way of approaching the subject. Everything else that ran through his head seemed silly at best, exceedingly crass at worst, so he stayed silent. Maybe... maybe it was better this way. Maybe he was just caught up in the moment from the carriage and maybe it would just be best to wait a bit longer. After all, didn't the comics spell out a particular formula for romance? The intimacy came after many dates and a passionate declaration of love.

They walked home, hand in hand. Hyuk-jae mentioned that they'd be going home separately soon, and Nagisa's face fell a little more. This wasn't exactly how he had pictured the night ending. "Yeah," he said quietly. "It'll be strange." He smiled, trying to think the best of it. "But we'll go shopping for furniture and stuff soon, right?" He thought about the box of pretty steel cookware he had bought when he was out with Sayona. He'd wrap it in the colored funnies the Times published on the weekend, and put a big bow on top. Wouldn't Hyuk-jae be surprised!

Feeling a little better at the thought of giving Hyuk-jae his housewarming gift, and going shopping for new furniture, Nagisa climbed up the front steps and went to unlock the door. He was still unhappy that Hyuk-jae was moving out, but the more he thought about it the more he understood. After all, he personally couldn't WAIT to get out of his parents' house, to show them, Hey look, I can do this; Hyuk-jae must feel it even more, since he had been living in that other, awful place with those awful people. He smiled to himself as the key turned; this was his home, his sanctum sanctorum. Surely he could sympathise with Hyuk-jae's desire for one of his own.

"New shirt?"

Pushing the door open, Nagisa was startled out of his thoughts. "I — what? Oh." He looked up at Hyuk-jae, smiling brightly. "Yes, it is!" He beamed, pleased that Hyuk-jae had noticed. "I wanted to wear something special tonight since..." Nagisa blushed, and looked down at his shoes and began taking them off. "... since it was a special night." He slipped on his house shoes and wiggled his toes, smiling from ear to ear.

"Did you have fun, Hyuk-jae?" he asked hopefully. "Maybe... maybe we can do this again, sometime? Even after — " He faltered, and bit his lip. No, don't be sad! "Even after you move out?" he finished, trying his best to remember how excited he felt when he signed the lease for his own apartment.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 27, 2013 18:18:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 27, 2013 18:18:44 GMT -6

Gosh, but he was adorable. Hyuk-jae sat down to take off his boots, setting them neatly to the side and putting on slippers. As he had surmised, Nagisa was pleased by his noticing the shirt. The shorter man took such pains with his appearance — compliments were easy, cost him nothing. Except…

Noticing the hesitance in Nagisa's voice, Hyuk-jae reached out to him. He pulled them both to the sofa, wrapping them up in his red blanket and snuggling close. It wasn't cold, but it was nice to be tucked together. "We'll have to do it more after I move out," he said softly. "How else would I manage?" Pressing a sweet kiss to the shorter man's forehead, he smiled. This was probably the part in those sparkly comics where the hero would confess.

Hyuk-jae had no illusions about love confessions. He'd seen enough unhappy marriages to know that love didn't really conquer all, and was hesitant to put that word on his feelings. "I really like you, you know," was the best he could manage, though it did come out with a smooth and unwavering voice. And he did, he really did like Nagisa. More than just a friend. Love did hover at the edge of his consciousness, but he was loathe to say it.

Turning the younger man's face toward his own, Hyuk-jae kissed Nagisa again, trying very hard to make it undemanding. The hard planes of his lips opened gently to hesitant exploration, gasping a little when the other man touched him first. Nagisa's hands were just a little chilly as he slid them under the untucked edge of his shirt, splayed tentative fingers over his skin. It seemed a bit hot under the blanket just then, and he pushed it away, letting it puddle around their legs and laps on the sofa.

"Can I —" he brushed his fingers over the buttons of Nagisa's shirt. They were infuriatingly tiny and brand-new. He couldn't imagine Nagisa being okay with it if he damaged them, even if a moment of passion. Curse his obsession with clothes. Hyuk-jae's own shirt was already fully untucked by now, and he would not have cared even a little if it got ripped. He wanted them both off, and kissed Nagisa's neck just near the jaw. It wouldn't do to get impatient, would it? Better to let the younger man run the show.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 27, 2013 18:22:00 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 27, 2013 19:10:35 GMT -6

Nagisa smiled widely. Date number one: success! He snuggled into Hyuk-jae on the couch, feeling immensely pleased with himself, with his planning, and with the night as a whole.

I really like you, you know.

He blushed, startled and pleased. "I really, really like you, too." Nagisa looked down at the red blanket, wondering if his face matched its hue. What was all of this, all of a sudden? Not that he wasn't absolutely thrilled, but it seemed out of the blue. It was very pleasant though, and Nagisa squirmed, full of happy thoughts.

Hyuk-jae touched his face; Nagisa turned to face him, giving into the gentle pressure. "Yes?" Without a word, Hyuk-jae leaned in to kiss him, gently at first, then his lips parting for something a little less chaste. Feeling warm around the collar, heart pounding in his ears, Nagisa returned the kiss, shyly brushing his experimentally across Hyuk-jae's lower lip. Suddenly feeling bold, he reached for the other man, slipping his hands under his untucked shirt. Hyuk-jae gasped a little, and Nagisa moved to pull back, wondering if he had done something unwanted.

Instead, Hyuk-jae touched the buttons on his new shirt.

"Can I —"

Feeling the heat rush into his face and his heart pounding so loudly he was sure Hyuk-jae could hear it, Nagisa gave a little nod. He swallowed, feeling very, very nervous. "Y-yes," he said, moving to help him with his buttons. The shirt was new, after all, and Nagisa wanted to take care of it.

Feeling very self-conscious, he averted his gaze and stared at the back of the sofa, his hands shaking just a little as they unbuttoned his shirt, acutely aware of Hyuk-jae watching him. When it was finished, he reached up and tugged Hyuk-jae closer. "Um..." he whispered. "I've... I've never... never... you know." Nagisa looked up, his golden eyes pleading that Hyuk-jae would understand what he meant.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 27, 2013 21:44:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 27, 2013 21:44:18 GMT -6

As Nagisa moved to help him, Hyuk-jae sat back, deciding to enjoy watching instead of accidentally snapping buttons off a brand-new shirt. The younger man wasn't particularly muscular, but he cared about his appearance and that was obvious. He was softer to the touch than Hyuk-jae was, likely due to a somewhat-easier life. Letting Nagisa pull him close, he leaned over him slightly, a smile hovering about the corners of his mouth.

"Um..." he whispered. "I've... I've never... never... you know."

Pulling his own shirt off without undoing its buttons, Hyuk-jae tossed it aside without fanfare. It didn't matter, really. He wasn't concerned with Nagisa's level of expertise — was he worried about that? "I sort of figured that out." He curled a lock of brown hair about an index finger. "I don't mind if you don't," he said, voice like honey. He pulled the shorter man closer, sliding a hand around his waist to press, palm flat, against the small of his back. The skin was soft and warm beneath his fingers, silken to the touch. The next kiss was considerably less chaste than the last, and the Firebender rolled the surface of his thumb across Nagisa's spine.

In between kisses, he tried to be reassuring. "We don't have to do anything," Hyuk-jae said, in the process of kissing Nagisa's neck, "that you don't want to do. Okay?" Gentle and careful, he pulled hands across skin, testing his partner's limits. Before long they moved upstairs, tangled together in shy exploration and patient tutelage. Satisfied with just pleasing Nagisa, Hyuk-jae was content to focus on the younger man and leave his own gratification for later, once his partner was asleep. He knew he was good enough with his mouth that Nagisa wasn't likely to object... though the younger man's shyness did pose a few interesting problems. As he had decided on his own before, he left the fullest of intimacies for another time, preferring instead to simply crack the door of desire. There would be time enough for stepping through it together in coming months.

Or so he hoped.

The sunlight filtering into the room revealed them curled up together, sleeping deeply. The Firebender woke first, lazily showering and, for once, using Nagisa's fruity shampoo. He made a complete and traditional breakfast, roasting fish and cooking rice, putting everything together in a painstakingly correct manner. After putting tea to steep, he went back up the stairs, lightly kissing Nagisa on the cheek. "Hey. C'mon, it's two in the afternoon already —" Apparently they'd both been able to sleep quite well after their date night. While Hyuk-jae didn't need to be up at two in order to be ready for work, he knew Nagisa took hours.

Insistently, he shook the man's shoulder. "Wake up, sleepyhead. I made you breakfast and everything."
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 27, 2013 22:46:09 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 30, 2013 0:16:00 GMT -6

The night went by in a blur. One moment, they were downstairs on the couch; Nagisa could feel Hyuk-jae's breath, warm on his skin. Then they were stumbling upstairs, trying their best not trip over each other's legs. Then they were in the bedroom, on the bed. Nagisa grew nervous again the moment he felt the mattress underneath him, but Hyuk-jae made every effort to make him forget his nerves. Still though, Nagisa couldn't help but stifle his cries, jamming the back of his hand into his mouth and turning his head slightly, eyes close, until he saw stars.

The next thing he knew, Hyuk-jae was shaking him awake. Nagisa rubbed his eyes; he fell asleep? He didn't remember doing that. He smiled shyly, still somewhat sleepy, up at Hyuk-jae. "G'morning," he murmured, blushing. "I — yes, breakfast. I'll get ready."

He slipped into a pair of lounge pants and an undershirt (apparently, he had been... disinclined to put clothes back on prior to falling asleep) and followed Hyuk-jae downstairs. He was thrilled to find roasted fish, rice, the works: a full traditional breakfast. Nagisa grinned up at Hyuk-jae and gave him a hug before sitting down. "This looks wonderful!"

Nagisa ate eagerly and quickly, unusually silent due to his mouth being otherwise occupied. He was starved for some reason, and though he'd had this type of breakfast before, it tasted much more delicious than usual. Was it Hyuk-jae's skill in the kitchen? Or his skill... elsewhere?

After breakfast, Nagisa trotted off to get ready for work. He dragged his feet, staring at himself in the mirror frequently, wondering if other people could see on the outside what he felt on the inside.

He finished getting ready, as usual, just in time to leave the house without being late. It was earlier than he used to leave, before Hyuk-jae, since he no longer took a cab. Dressed in a pale pink button up, dark maroon waistcoat, and medium grey trousers, Nagisa looked a little more mature than usual (by his estimation anyway). He walked proudly to work, looking up at Hyuk-jae with a little smile every so often.

His face fell a little when they arrived at work; the first client on their list for the night were Nima and Soon Hee. He held up the list at Hyuk-jae, the corners of his mouth turned down in a pout.

"Ehhhhhhhhhh," he whined. "I don't wanna change into that ugly shirt!"
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 30, 2013 17:56:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 30, 2013 17:56:04 GMT -6

Smiling, the Firebender leaned over to kiss the other blushing man before making his way out of the bedroom, moving lazily, drawling a "good morning" as he left. He would have to work on that shyness. While it was adorable, it was so much more fun if both parties were completely engaged in activities together...

He laughed at Nagisa's eagerness upon seeing the food. "I never make this stuff for myself," Hyuk-jae admitted. "I can't eat a lot of it. But it seemed —"
The younger man was already digging in and he laughed again, leaning his chin in his hand. "Right."

Was Nagisa moving slower than usual? Hyuk-jae was ready quite quickly, wearing the white shirt and navy trousers. He couldn't rotate his wardrobe the way Nagisa did, but he wondered if people even noticed. He was much more of a backdrop for the younger, more boisterous man anyway. "What, no pattern?" he asked, taking in Nagisa's outfit. How unusual.

Passing a comb through his hair, Hyuk-jae made a face and left the bathroom. He could not force himself to apply things to his face very often — at the most he put on eyeliner, and even then, it was a hasty and lazy application. Nagisa was staring at him on their walk to work, and the taller man found himself flushing a little with the force of it. By the time they got to the Club he was relieved to cool his blushes in the locker room, looking over his client list.

Up first: Nima and Soon Hee. Ugh. Of all the luck. Nagisa shared his feelings, it seemed, whining immediately.

"I don't wanna change into that ugly shirt!"

"Don't wear it," Hyuk-jae said. He put his list, folded up, into his pocket. Running his eyes over the shorter man's frame again, the corner of his mouth quirked in a smile. "Tell her this one is a gift from me."

The two of them sat in a corner table and waited for their clients to arrive. One of their co-workers made a passing remark about Nagisa's outfit, asking why he looked so grown up. Hyuk-jae laughed and leaned back, watching the door. The two women appeared about five minutes late. Making room for Soon Hee next to him, Hyuk-jae put on his best smile.