The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Start of Something Awkward [Tag: Hangetsu]

Post by Gia on Dec 5, 2013 16:25:35 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ren’ai listened as he tried to compare Probending to something called shogi. She’d never heard of it, and didn’t understand the reference. The way he explained it made her think of someone controlling the so-called ‘pieces’ of the game, and Probending wasn’t like that at all! “Sort of,” she said, “I mean, it’s not quite as restricted as the rules make it sound, and it’s really fast paced. A lot of is spur of the moment – instinct. Making sure your team knows how to work together so they can cover all three member of the opposite team well and knock them out of the ring.” She gave a light shrug. “Easier said than done, though.” Yutaka then compared her to something called a ‘kyosha’, and the Firebender couldn’t help but smirk. If it only it was as easy as he made it sound.

“None one can really move back, though… not voluntarily anyway,” she told him. “You can sure be knocked back – or out of the ring completely – if you’re not on your toes. There’s more to Probending than just attacking, after all.” Ren’ai had learned that lesson the hard way. Their match against the Flying Koi was an eye opener. She didn’t want to think about that right now, though. This was not the time to be thinking about what you could have done. She concentrated on Yutaka, and was a bit surprised when he said that he’d never had a date last this long, but as soon as she thought about what he’d said earlier – well, it made perfect sense. It didn’t seem to her as if he’d done too many dates for himself. They were always for his parents based on what he’d told her earlier. The dark-haired young woman couldn’t imagine being set up with guy after guy after guy that her parents wanted her to go with. That didn’t sound like any way to spend your time, if you asked her.

Ren’ai couldn’t help but laugh a bit when he asked her what ‘after-dinner’ protocol. “Well, let’s see…” She pretended to think about it, when in reality, she didn’t need to. It didn’t seem like a big deal to her. “Either of those would be fine. I mean, obviously, there’s also stuff like going for a walk and what not… but a mover or a play would be just fine.” Of course, you didn’t have to do anything after dinner, but if you wanted to… “Don’t worry about it; it’s not a big deal.” Honestly, she wouldn’t have thought she’d make it past dessert with him, either. She’d been ready to write him off the moment they’d walked in the door. “I’m pretty sure that the Boy in the Iceburg is still showing. That would be fine with. I’m not sure we’d be able to get tickets to a mover so late.” Anything was possible, though. She gave him a smile as he seemed to backtrack asking her if she wanted to do anything else. “Either of those would be just fine with me.”
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 9, 2013 0:30:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 9, 2013 0:30:19 GMT -6

"Okay, then...the play's the thing, I suppose." The money he intended to be used to bribe Ren'ai into obfuscating the truth of where they had dined could pay for their tickets and concessions. The whole situation felt remarkably like a real date. Choosing to stay in the company of the other when not being forced and actually enjoying themselves. Strange, indeed.

After paying for the meal Yutaka walked by Ren'ai and held out his hand to help her out of her seat. It was one of the rare times he felt like making a gentlemanly gesture.
As they waited for Yutaka's driver he looked over to Ren'ai.
"Have you been in a satomobile? Some people don't like them. It can be a bit like a ride like at a carnival. Fun and scary, depending on who is driving."

Yutaka needed some sign from Ren'ai if it would be fine for his driver to speed through the city like a wolfbat out of the spirit world.
The black, four-door satomobile rolled up in front and a young man in a black chauffeur's uniform sporting tight braid of hair similar to Yutaka's.
"Tsukuba. He's my driver."
"If you want to make it on time just trust me. I know a shortcut to the theater. Buckle up."
The look Yutaka gave his chauffeur could have melted steel. There was a joke among them that should Yutaka fail to get his date to leave Tsukuba would give them a drive that would later require therapy.

In terms of distance, they weren't far from the Green Centipede Theater, but for Yutaka it felt like it took hours. Hours of sudden stops and turns, power slides and drifts all at high speeds. Yutaka didn't know Ren'ai well enough to know if she would find it fun or throw up on him.
He wished he had made a plan for a nice drive on the chance he had a pleasant date but that seemed too ludicrous for the Yutaka Mifune of three hours ago.
There one one last screech of the breaks before Tsukuba announced they had arrived.
"Fifteen minutes early, even. You're so lucky to have me."
"Yeah. Lucky." Feeling more than a little wobbly Yutaka took a second to find his bearings before reaching into the car to offer Ren'ai assistance in exiting.
"I'm sorry about that. He..." He couldn't think of anything beyond that one word. "Sorry. I'll tell him to drive us less like we just robbed a bank on the way back.

His own eyes had been closed during the trip. It wasn't the motion that bothered him as much as that it might bother Ren'ai. This date already felt like it was dangling from a fragile thread.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Dec 11, 2013 21:00:53 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ren’ai was actually kind of surprised when he came over to her and held out his hand, like a total gentleman. She smiled at him. She had been about to get out of her seat herself when she’d seen him head straight for her. It was unexpected, but pleasantly so. Taking is hand, she stood, straightening out her skirt without a second thought as she did so. The Firebender smirked as Yutaka asked her if she’d ridden in a Satomobile. “Of course,” she said, “my parents own one.” She gave a light shrug of her shoulders. “Not too often, though. I don’t use my parents stuff unless I can avoid it.” She mostly took cabs and such, unless her parents insisted on a driver picking her up… that was usually only when bad weather would make it dangerous, and they were concerned for her if they didn’t. She could more than take care of herself, of course, but parents were parents for a reason, were they not? “However, your driver sounds like he needs a lesson or two.”

Ren’ai gave him a brief look, hoping that Yutaka was over exaggerating. However, as the two of them got into the car, and buckled up, she saw the look that the Earthbender gave his driver. A chill went down her spine, and she just knew that what was about to transpire would not be pleasant… as she was right. By the time the car stopped, she felt more than a tad queasy. She almost jumped out of the car she got out of it so fast. She had no fear of cars… it was the driver that she hated. She threw a look back at him with her amber eyes that would make some people squirm. What in the world was wrong with him? She would almost rather have been late than dealt with a ride like that. It was by far the worst car ride that she’d ever had in her life. The young woman heard what her date was saying and tried very hard not to take her anger out on him, as she figured that this had not been part of his plan judging by the look he’d given him before Tsubaka had taken off. Of course, he could have said something, but she was going to try not to think about that.

The queasiness faded from Ren’ai’s stomach the more that she was on solid ground once again. “That would be nice or your driver might find he won’t like me very much,” she told Yutaka. The Firebender forced her voice to stay as even as possible. She was making strides to not take her anger out on everyone else around her. It wasn’t easy, and times like this, it tested her limits, and shown by the stiffness her body at the moment. “I need a second, I’m sorry.” Turning away, she walked a few paces away – just long enough so that she was not directly near him anymore, or anyone else. With that, let her anger release through her bending as a fireball appeared in each hand. She threw one to the ground, and then the other. Random passersby and latecomers to the play, like them, stared at her like she was psychotic, but she ignored them. What else was she supposed to do? Take it out on Yutaka when it was his driver that needed lessons? Taking a deep breath, she made her way back to stand in front of Yutaka.

“Sorry about that,” Ren’ai said, sincerely meaning it. It was not her intention to make him think that he had anything to do with her outburst. “I have a pretty bad temper, if you hadn’t noticed. It had nothing to do with you, I swear. The car ride grated on my nerves.” Her stomach was a still a tad queasy, but getting better as time went on. Letting out a little of her anger helped with her emotions, but they always tended to run high with her. It was just the negative emotions she was trying to stay away from nowadays. “I just had to let out a little frustration, that’s all that.” She gave a light shrug, hoping to alleviate any concerns he may have. She hoped that he didn’t think she was as unhinged as some of the random strangers were bound to. Yuri was used to her temper, and even then, she didn’t deal with it well, or hadn’t recently at any rate. “So… shall we?” she asked, gesturing to the front door of the theatre. They still had a date to finish after all.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 13, 2013 3:03:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 13, 2013 3:03:32 GMT -6

One of Yutaka's earliest memories was being left alone in a shopping center. The idea of having to fend for himself in a strange and cruel world overwhelmed him. He couldn't cry or wail hard enough to express just how much terror he felt then.
Until that night it was the scariest experience of Yutaka Mifune's life.

After Ren'ai's demonstration of angry firebending Yutaka tried to have a few words with his driver but could only make gestures and sound out frustrated grunts. He never bended in anger as Ren'ai did but he was sorely tempted. Once through he was certain that he had pantomimed his point thoroughly: This was a different sort of date.

More gestures and gesticulating occurred in order to explain to Ren'ai that the it was a huge mistake. He clenched and opened his fists repeatedly while squeezing his eyes shut and tried to stammer out a few words.
"I...just...he..." He took a deep breath and unclenched his fists but kept his toes curled up in frustration within his shoes. "I'm sorry. He thought...no excuse. Sorry...again."

Yutaka was ready to spend the play wallowing in self-pity but couldn't contain a wide-mouthed smile once in the lobby. Garish costumes and make-up worn by audience members consorting around the concession stand. Avatar's with painted arrows, Zuko's with scars ranging from bad make-up to nauseatingly realistic. It was the people with Momo puppets and furry suits that amused him the most.
"I think we're under-dressed. This is just...wow. I feel sorry for those listening to the radio or attending a boring old opera. Wow!"

He wasn't hungry but Yutaka spent what little money he had left on some fire gummies and pop corn. "I heard 'The Boy In The Iceberg' had a strange cult following but I never really knew what it meant." He handed Ren'ai the fire gummies and wondered if it was too much to assume a firebender would like fire gummies.
He led her though an aisle and gestured for her to pick a seat. Yutaka ended up next to Ren'ai but with an intimidating man dressed as Fire Lord Ozai on his other side.

Standing on a boat held aloft by blue-colored paper there was a woman in blue with piercing blue eyes. Yutaka tried to concentrate on the eyes to keep him from staring at the slits in the dress bearing her legs.
When the actor portraying Katara spoke Yutaka lost interest in those beautiful eyes and lovely legs. They belonged to a man. The man to his right took the liberty to explain that this troupe of actors are all men so men play all parts, even those of women.
The disturbingly attractive man in women's garb began to speak.
He heaved a great sigh before any line was spoken. Sokka...my only brother, we constantly roam these icy South Pole seas and yet we never find anything fulfilling."
The actor playing Sokka made a comment about filling his belly causing people in the audience to throw things like ramen packages and sealed rice balls while yelling "Eat!".

Yutaka leaned over to Ren'ai hoping that she had cooled off some.
"This guy says that any time Sokka says something about food we can throw food at him. There's other stuff too but I don't know any of it."

The male Katara further exposed legs and non-existent cleavage made the audience silent who seemed eager for the next line.
"Every day the world awaits a beacon to guide us yet non appears...still, we cannot give up hope...hope is all we have and we must never relinquish it even to our dying breath." Audience yells of "Less" were added to each iteration of "Hope" in each of Katara's lines. When the actor began to cry the audience joined him in his fake tears.
The audience made whooshing noises as Aang flew, cat-called Katara and anything unfortunate regarding Zuko was met with the chide: "You should have gotten the massage" pointing out an earlier scene where one was offered.

At the first intermission Yutaka was different than before. Fun Yutaka had made an appearance and refused to leave. He had never done something fun on a blind date before and it felt pretty wonderful. He hoped that Ren'ai was also having a good time. A play that encourages audience participation wasn't for everybody. Was this the weird straw that broke the camel's back?
"H-how did you like the first part? I know it's not historically accurate but it's kinda fun."

Post by Gia on Dec 13, 2013 19:30:00 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ren’ai noticed the way that Yutaka was clenching his fists, and tried to stammer out an apology and explain to her that it was a mistake. He was even clenching his eyes as he tried to talk, and the his whole reaction surprised her – as well as made her nervous. Honestly, the young woman didn’t quite understand her date’s reaction. Was it to her bending in anger? She was sure that she had explained that it had nothing to do with him. “No excuse for what?” she asked. “I said it wasn’t you.” She wondered what it was that his driver had thought to prompt him to drive like a man possessed, but it didn’t matter. The Firebender was a bit surprised that he blamed himself for it. He was too hard on himself, she thought, and wondered if maybe if he thought that she was mad at him even though she said that she wasn’t. “I said I wasn’t mad at you, didn’t I? I was just frustrated by the drive, that’s all.” If he was afraid of her temper, which might ruin what had been a good date up until now.

Ren’ai was kind of worried as they walked into the play, but Yutaka’s mood seemed to have lightened the instant that they walked in. As did hers… it was hard to be upset when you saw so many people in costume. It was her thing, but she did not begrudge anyone else who wanted it. If you were that into something… more power to you, as far as she was concerned. “No kidding,” she said. “I don’t think that I’ve ever seen anything like this before.” There were some people dressed normally, like them, and others so abnormally she didn’t even know what to say. She was going to stay underdressed if that was considered normal, though of course, she would never tell anyone else what to do as far as what they wore to a play like this. “I never knew what their cult following entailed either.” It was nothing anything she ever wanted to do, though, she was fairly certain of that. She accepted the fire gummies gratefully, something else she hadn’t had in a long time.

Yutaka led her through an aisle, and gestured for her to pick a seat. She found a good one, though it wasn’t near the middle as she would have preferred. They were a bit late for that. She ended up sitting next to a young girl and her father… which was kind of ironic, as the last time she had been here, her father had taken her at her pleading. Her mother had gotten sick at the last minute, and had needed to stay home. The tickets were already bought, though, so after a little begging, Tasukete had taken his daughter to see it. She didn’t remember seeing anyone dressed up, but she had been so happy to be there that it was likely she had been overwhelmed. It was also likely that it was so long ago that something like didn’t stick out… but she highly doubted that, considering how much she was noticing it tonight. The Firebender was fairly certain that she would have noticed something like that, even as a child. As she sat, she made her skirt was straight, and then rested one arm on the arm rest, and the other across her lap as the play began, which was typical for her when she was out at a place like this.

The play started, and Ren’ai had forgotten how ridiculous it was. It was stupid, it was hilarious, and one couldn’t help but laugh at it. As soon as the actor playing Katara spoke, she surprised to hear a man’s voice. So, all the actors were men then? That was unusual, but it was funny nonetheless. The dark-haired young woman was surprised when people started throwing food at Sokka whenever he mentioned it. Yutaka leaned over and explained that it was a thing that people did during the play. Leaning back over to him, she laughed lightly, and said with a smirk, “That’s amusing, but I’ll keep my food.” Just to prove her point, she put another fire gummy in her mouth. She was so working out tomorrow – dessert twice? Yuri would definitely chastise her, not she would blame her – she was on a date – but still. As the first intermission came, people started filling out to relieve themselves and stretch their legs. Yutaka turned to her and asked how she liked the first part. “Loved it. It’s completely ridiculous, but insanely fun at the same time.” A light smile played on her lips as she put another fire gummy into her mouth.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 13, 2013 22:22:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 13, 2013 22:22:23 GMT -6

Ren'ai had summed up Yutaka's thoughts on the play in two words: Insanely fun.
Like many times that night Yutaka was at a temporary loss for words.
"I know...it was just...like..." He put his hands to his head took them away from his head while spreading his fingers as if something sitting upon his neck had exploded. "Kaboom! So weird. People keep saying that radio dramas killed live theater but, wow, you can't get that listening to the radio."

The second and third acts went as well as the first. The jokes were broad and bad enough to circle around badness and touch upon ironically bad.
"It's like a blimp crash...if the blimp was filled with laughing gas," the gasping earthbender said as a man dressed as a ballerina knocked out soldiers with kissed fingers and swirly-eyes men were crushed by paper mache rocks.
Even the downer ending of the Fire Lord winning the day was too slapstick to take seriously robbing what could have been propaganda of any gravitas.

Yutaka had trouble controlling his body as he laughed and leaned onto Ren'ai for a second while letting out a high pitched and fast paced laugh. It took a moment for his laughter to die down and even longer to realize that he felt Ren'ai's soft skin against his own for a brief moment. Nothing lascivious came to mind but it did feel nice. Confusingly nice. She was a parental-approved potential wife, she wasn't supposed to feel nice. Ren'ai was supposed to feel like some sort of hybrid of a blow fish and a pentapus.

After the actors took their bows Yutaka leaned over to Ren'ai, this time making sure no accidental physical contact was made. "Want to wait a bit until the crowd thins out?"

More than anything else Yutaka was glad that his date was someone that knew how to laugh and enjoyed absurdity. He spent some time talking about his favorite scenes and how he was impressed with some of the effects like the blood made from red ribbons and how it was differentiated from the fire bending ribbons.
He found himself disappointed when the aisles were clear and there was no excuse to stay and talk.

Post by Gia on Dec 14, 2013 18:50:50 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
It seemed that Yutaka was at a loss for words again, but this time, it seemed to be because of excitement about the show. Ren’ai just smiled at him and gave a light laugh. “No, radio dramas are definitely lacking something,” she told him. “Listening to anything on the radio versus seeing something live and there always is something lacking.” His description of his reaction to the play was a bit over the top in her opinion, but she supposed that there was nothing wrong with that. It was good that he was so excited about it. Considering how the date started, there was nothing wrong with that at all. Soon, people started filling back in, and sitting back down again as the intermission began to draw to a close.

The play started soon after, and they were just as funny and ridiculous as the first. The little girl next to her almost couldn’t stay on her seat she was laughing so hard. The Firebender wasn’t nearly as excited as her date, though of course, she still laughed at all the ridiculousness that was the play. At one point, her date laughed so hard he was leaning on her. She looked at him strangely for a second, before just deciding to let it go. It was cool that he was enjoying himself so much. Ren’ai was enjoying herself, too, more than she would have thought at this point. She was also a bit surprised that she was so comfortable with him now that he leaning on her and laughing didn’t bother as it would have earlier in the night. She wasn’t entirely sure how she felt about that just yet.

The play ended, and Ren’ai clapped along with the crowd. Yutaka leaned over to her again, and this time, Ren’ai noticed he did not touch her this time at all, not even accidentally as he suggested that they hold out while the crowd thinned out. He went on about the parts of the play that she liked, and the Firebender just sat there, smiling at him most of the time. She would interject a comment of two – either agreeing with him or adding something to the conversation, like her favorite scenes, or how silly she found the romance in the play – though she acknowledged that was the whole point of the play. The dark-haired young woman enjoyed seeing how excited he was when he was enjoying himself – it was nice to see, and she enjoyed that aspect of him. She didn’t quite share in his enthusiasm to that degree, though of course she made sure that she knew that she had enjoyed the play as well.

Sooner than she would have thought, the aisles cleared out. The staff came in and began to clean up. Ren’ai noticed them glancing over at them, and a few glares directed their way. Obviously, their cleaning would be limited as long as she and Yutaka were here. She understood that, working in a restaurant. She hated it when people stayed late, especially on the weekends when they were open later anyway. There was no more reason to stay and talk anymore, though, which meant that they had to leave. “We should really leave,” she pointed out a bit reluctantly. “They’re going to start getting mad soon, and trust me, I know how they feel.” She looked at the Earthbender, not wanting to just stand up before him, because that might seem as if she was in a hurry to go home and she wasn’t. She did need to go home, though, because she had to get up and work out to work off the dessert, and she had to work tomorrow, as well.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 15, 2013 0:45:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 15, 2013 0:45:21 GMT -6

When it dawned on him that people actually had to clean up the thrown food and other miscellaneous items left after the play Yutaka wished he could drain his parents' account dry tipping the people that had to deal with the aftermath of his good time.
To his shame, it didn't dawn on him until Ren'ai mentioned the clean up.
"I wonder of they resent the people that come in. Our tickets weren't that much and I'm sure they don't make a ton of yuans selling momo puppets," he said as he stood to leave. This gave Yutaka the idea of coming back to help the struggling theater through the purchase of a momo puppet on his next visit.
"Is that what it's like being a waitress? Silently resenting bad customers? I can understand it. Gods know I loathe every earthbender who tears up a piece of the street for whatever reason."

On the way out Yutaka slowed his walk in order to make the evening last a little longer and pick up any litter in his path. Considering the amount of litter and the price of the concessions he rethought the amount of money the theater must make. It looked like hundreds of yuans worth of candy boxes and popcorn on the floor.

"Do you have fans like these in pro bending?" Yutaka imagined enthusiastic fans carrying on like those in the crowd of the play brandishing dragon hawk puppets? When he thought about the crowd in the theater and compared it to the size of the pro bending arena something came to mind that had eluded him before.
"What's it like to be the focus of so many people? Is it scary? I'd be scared. I get self-conscious of a sales clerk looks at me when I walk into a store." He didn't bring up that these feelings could be eliminated with the application of music and alchohol.
Ren'ai didn't seem like the type to get self-conscious and that in turn made Yutaka a little ashamed of his own self-consciousness.

Yutaka left Ren'ai for a moment to visit the concession stand and returned with a paper cup full of water. "This will ensure you don't get sick on the ride home."
Once outside the cup-bearing young man handed the water to his driver who placed it in the cup holder of the car.
"He'll have to drive sanely if he doesn't want to spill the water. Where would you like him to drop you off?"

In the back seat of his parents' satomobile the night's events played back in his mind. It was not even remotely close to what he had anticipated. When they passed a certain dry cleaner's Yutaka let out a "hmmmm" and asked his driver to stop.
"Can I show you something, Ren'ai?"

Even in the dark in an alley he'd only been to once Yutaka the timid and pampered walked with a sense of pupose and even confidence and stopped underneat a buzzing and flickering light.
At his feet was a square patch of cement a different shade than the rest of the alley. He meant to cooly bend the earth upward with a single stomp but it took three and he assumed did not look cool doing it.
What came up from what looked to be a normal filled pothole was a sculpture of a mass of hands reaching up a collumn to touch the sun. It was crude and rushed but it was his.
"I have a few others hidden around the city. Nobody's seen them...unless there are people who can see an image with their feet."
He didn't know why he wanted to show Ren'ai, just that he did. Maybe that even something as tedious and back-breaking as road repair could have spaces of creativity like a bad arranged date could have it's moments of charm.

It was getting late and Yutaka had plans to sleep well past noon on his day off and retired to the satomobile after putting his sculpture back into the ground where no one could see it.
"Thank you for being nothing like expected, Ren'ai."
The night had had it's pot holes but it ended up being a pleasant ride.

Post by Gia on Dec 15, 2013 13:40:30 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
”Not resentment so much, because without the patrons, they wouldn’t have a job,” Ren’ai explained to Yutaka as he stood up to leave. She followed his lead. Being from a rich family, she understood that he would not have realized that people had to clean up after them – or that they would be annoyed by any who stayed late. In fact, the Firebender had not realized it herself until she’d gotten a job at the same restaurant with her best friend, Yuri, to pay the bills. Then she had realized how much really went into things and how annoying people could really be. At his next question, the young woman just smirked. “Pretty much. You can’t be rude, though I’ve had complaints and had to be told to watch my attitude.” She rolled her eyes at that remark. “As long as they can’t ‘see that you’re silently wishing to throw a fireball at their head – or whatever – it doesn’t matter.”

Ren’ai noticed that he was picking up stuff on their way out, and almost mentioned that it was their job to do so – they were getting paid to pick up the theater after the show. However, it was kind of sweet that he seemed to care, so she let it go. Not many children born of rich parents would even attempt to care that there was trash on the ground that some poor sap had to pick up. They seemed to be the exception. It wasn’t the she didn’t care, it was just… it was their job, just like it was hers to pre-bus the tables, and wait on the customers. They may not like it, but it was how they paid their bills. The dark-haired young woman hated her job sometimes, but in the end, she wouldn’t want someone else to do it, because unless the Dragon Hawks made it big, it was the only way that she and her roommate, Yuri, could pay the bills on their modest two-bedroom apartment.

Ren’ai was a bit surprised when Yutaka asked about enthusiastic Probending fans, and considering how some of the people at the play were, she could only imagine what the Earthbender was thinking. “Well, yeah, but it’s mainly a deafening amount of screaming,” the Dragon Hawks’ Captain explained. He said he thought it would be scary, but the Firebender just shrugged. “I find it exhilarating, honestly. Everyone just wants to see a good game, although granted, some want you to lose, but they still want it to be exciting.” Her mind went back to their games last season, but she pulled herself back in. It still kind of upset her a bit that they had failed so miserably, but she had been having a good time tonight, and she didn’t want to ruin it. “To me, it’s the greatest feeling in the world to be there, with your team, facing another team, just waiting for the bell to ring.” A sigh escaped her lips.

Yutaka left her momentarily, and gave a cup of water to his driver before coming back to her, explaining that it was to make sure his driver wouldn’t drive fast enough to make them sick. “Of course, if he knew how to drive, the water wouldn’t be necessary,” Ren’ai said, a good natured smirk crossing her lips. She meant every word, of course, but she was only just teasing. No reason to get any more upset about it than she did after she’d gotten out of the car the last time. He asked where she needed to be dropped off, and she honestly hadn’t thought about him taking her home - she had gotten to the restaurant on her own, she would have been able to get home from the theater on her own as well. However, the Firebender wouldn’t turn down a ride home, of course. She rattled off the name of her apartment building and her address; just for verification purposes to make sure that his driver knew the right one. It wasn’t the best neighborhood, but there were certainly worse.

After they passed dry cleaners, Yutaka asked if he could show her something. Of course, she had no reason to deny him right now. Ren’ai followed him into the alley, and waited until he revealed a sculpture that he must have done while working. A gasp escaped her lips. “Wow, that’s really good,” she said, honestly. She had admitted previously she was not that creative, and although she could tell that it was rushed, it was still better than she could ever hope to accomplish. She looked at it for a minute before turning her amber gaze to her date. She followed him back to the car. When he thanked her – for not being as expected – she smiled at him again. “I could say the same to you,” she told him. “Thank you as well for also not being as expected.”

All in all, it had been a good date – she’d had better, but she’d also had worse. Ren’ai was a tad surprised that she knew she would go out with him again if he asked. Despite the fact that he was not what she thought she wanted – at least physically – the dark-haired young woman had no reason to say no to a second date when they’d had a good date. Perhaps there was more to someone than just their looks – not that there was anything wrong with him or anything, he was just not what she thought she’d be okay with, not what she thought her type was. However, they’d gotten along well enough – especially considering the disastrous first impression he’d given her and the fact that this had been her parents idea. Perhaps I should stop being so shallow, she told herself as they headed to her apartment building.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 15, 2013 13:41:30 GMT -6