The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Shirts, and Shoes, and Skirts! Oh my! (kami)

Anonymous
Oct 3, 2013 23:20:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 3, 2013 23:20:50 GMT -6

Sayona woke from a late night's sleep rather nicely. The sun shining on her face, her soft sheets enveloping her and her soft hair tickling her face. Her fingers grasped at the white bed sheets and stretched, her toes curling in and back arching. A yawn escaped her mouth as she relaxed again, slowly sliding her body out from under the blanket. Wow, she hadn't had that nice of a sleep in a long time. She had grown accustomed to her late nights so it wasn't the timing of her sleep schedule that made things hard but rather the hours itself. The woman loved her job so much, but that didn't mean that a ten hour long shift wasn't going to leave her tired and ready for bed.

She quickly dressed herself, humming a tune to herself, one that was on the radio last night before she had drifted off to sleep. A long eggshell skirt with a long sleeved - though very loose and free - low neck, blue blouse. White slippers, a dark brown purse and a white ribbon in her hair were added just to make the outfit come together. She looked herself over not one, not two but three times trying to see if she was fit for the day. Her hand came up to her cheek to feel her soft skin. She didn't need make up today. No, anything more would throw it off balance. Her eyes glanced back at her clock near her dresser, eleven fifteen. Yes, it was time to go and meet up with Nagisa. Oh how she loved to go shopping with him and was so glad he didn't mind (actually, he enjoyed it too which was amazingly wonderful).

A hop, skip and a beat, she was out the door and picking up a cab to head out to the shopping district. Maybe they could try a different tailor or check out some shoes? Sayona pulled at the ends of her hair and wondered if it was about time for a haircut. When was the last one? Five, perhaps six weeks ago so maybe it was time for a little trim, especially for her bangs. The last thing she needed were for those to grow out and just poke her eyes all the time.

When she reached her meeting spot (paying the cabbie, of course) she began to look for her companion. She stretched her neck, craned her neck looking for the young man. He was quite a sight and not easy to miss. He was very cute. More often than not she just had to look for a crowd of fawning women. The woman rocked back and forth on her heels, clutching her purse tightly. Perhaps Nagisa had already gone into one of the stores?
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 4, 2013 3:19:17 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Nagisa was running a little late. He had sorted some things out with Hyuk-jae and had forgotten about setting up a shopping date with Sayona, a fellow host(ess) at the Club.

His cab arrived about thirty seconds after she did; he saw her stepping out of her cab just as his turned the corner onto the street the shops were on. He could see her straining to see him as he paid the cabbie.

"Sayona, behind you!" He waved his hand, trying to ignore the stares of the female shoppers. He looked like he was about twelve or thirteen years old, he knew, so it would be a good time to meet up with his co-worker before he was mobbed by clients, adoring bystanders, or both.

He was dressed smartly, as usual; his white button down shirt was impeccably pressed, sleeves rolled up so they were three-quarters of his arm's length long. His dark burgundy trousers were also pressed with sharp creases, his matching argyle socks slightly visible below the cuffs of his pant legs. He wore a pale brown waistcoat, with a clearly visible pocket watch chain connecting his waistcoat pocket and his left pants pocket. He was dressed much older than his apparent years, something that many clients often found endearing. In reality, Nagisa simply liked these types of clothes, and had a closet full of them.

Hurrying to the woman, Nagisa bobbed a little in apology. "Sorry I'm late," he said with a sheepish grin. "I had some things to take care of last night and I completely overslept."
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 6, 2013 1:59:25 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 4, 2013 19:01:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 4, 2013 19:01:22 GMT -6

Sayona spun on her heel. There he was! Thank goodness, if he had been late she didn't know what she would've done. Just standing around wasn't the more pleasant of activities but she couldn't start shopping without him either! No, no, that would defeat the entire purpose of having a shopping buddy in the first place. "Nagisa!" she chimed in response, moving to meet him, her long white skirt flowing behind her.

She held up her hands and a smile graced her face. "It's no trouble, I just got here myself" the woman told him. She looked over at their surroundings. Probably for the best they go off soon. While it was expected for most of the women to turn their heads towards her friend, it was the same for her and, er, older men. She held a hand up to her face to block their stares.

"Where do you want to start?" she asked him. Sayona's eyes sparkled at the thought of getting something new today, almost able to forget the men with the odd gazes. Maybe a necklace or something. Or some new make up to match the jewelry given to her by one of her clients. They were so nice that way. "I was thinking in an hour or something we stop somewhere to get some lunch," the woman stated simply. Breakfast wasn't often her first meal of the day, most of the time sleeping through it, so she was really looking forward to the idea of a nice lunch. "Thoughts?"
Last edit by Deleted: Oct 5, 2013 23:34:10 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 6, 2013 2:08:23 GMT -6

Nagisa nodded. "Lunch sounds great. I'm famished." He hadn't had a chance to eat before leaving. "How about we go to a nice sit-down? Kuang's should be open for..." Nagisa checked his watch. "Another two hours before they close to switch over for dinner service."

As he waited for Sayona's reply, he couldn't help but look around the shopping strip. Everyone was fairly affluent; this, obvious, was not Downtown. You had to have a certain income to be able to afford some of the items for sale. Not that it was anywhere near, say, what the Satos could afford (before Hiroshi Sato went to jail, anyway), but it wasn't some place that someone from Dragon Flats could shop at if they earned money honestly.

"Oh! Sorry," he said sheepishly when he realised that Sayona had answered him and he missed it. "I got distracted. Was that a yes or no on Kuang's?"
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 10, 2013 21:38:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 10, 2013 21:38:21 GMT -6

"Oh!" Sayona chimed, clapping her hands together, "Kuang's sounds perfect! I haven't been there in a while," she mused aloud, trying to recall the last time she had gone to Kuang's. Hadn't it been with a client who wanted to meet outside of the club hours? That kind of thing didn't happen too often but sometimes clients would pick her as a favorite and treat her to things outside the club's hours. She never minded it. Often, she'd get a nice lunch or a new dress out of it and secure a client's favor. Being a hostess felt like a never ending job but it was simply divine.

The woman laughed lightly. "That was a yes, Nagisa," she told him, a pleasant smile on her lips. "Kuang's isn't too far from here," she said. "Why don't we walk?" With that, the hostess turned on her heel and began to move. "I'm really sorry we haven't had much time to talk lately," Sayona apologized. "Clients and family and all that, you know? How have you been lately? Anything new going on?" More questions sat at the tip of her tongue but her companion seemed a little distracted before. Best not to bombard him with too many questions lest he forget the ones she asked first.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 12, 2013 13:59:43 GMT -6

"Mm." Nagisa turned when Sayona did, following her down the familiar path to Kuang's Cuisine. The go-to restaurant of the affluent; Nagisa remembered wanting to eat there as a child but his parents saying that they weren't the kind of people who went to Kuang's. He didn't know what that meant at the time, but his first time at Kuang's made it clear. While he definitely "fit" with the clientele of the place now, there was no way his average parents — a pianist and accountant — would have then. Or now. The young man made a mental note to buy his parents some going-out clothes and treat them to Kuang's for their anniversary.

"Things have been interesting, I guess." He chewed his bottom lip, unsure about how much to tell Sayona. He didn't need Hyuk-jae to get upset.

"You remember the guy I brought in a couple of nights ago yeah? The madame has decided to hire him on and we'll be billed as a pair." That should be safe to say. Nagisa left out all mentions of Hyuk-jae's social status (or at least, his social status prior to hosting), his epilepsy, and their current arrangements. "Apparently," Nagisa continued, "the short night we were there together we doubled my usual intake!" He laughed. "I never thought I'd take on a partner, but it's apparently good for business."

The arrived at the restaurant, and a tall maitre'd looked down his nose at Nagisa. To his credit, he said nothing, merely noted that the "boy" was impeccably dressed, as was his "older" companion; likely, he didn't realise that the two were only two years apart in age.  He showed them to a semi-circular booth in the dimly-lit restaurant, handed them fancily-written menus, and bowed with a drawling Hnnn your server will be with you shortly, sir and madam.

Their server, a quiet young woman who introduced herself as 'Ming', brought glasses of ice water with a little lemon wedge on the rim of the glasses a said to call for her when they were ready to order.

Nagisa cracked open his menu, glancing down the list of food.

"Do you want to split an appetiser?" he asked Sayona. "I hear their fried dumplings are pretty good."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 15, 2013 20:57:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 15, 2013 20:57:42 GMT -6

"Same here," Sayona replied absently. The club's policies kept a lot of guys from doing weird things but that didn't stop some from trying. Thankfully, for her persona she played for her clients, she didn't have to deal with it like some of the more flirtatious personas the other girls - or guys - had to put up with. Sometimes a simple "Oh my, I couldn't possibly!" or "I-I wasn't prepared for this" could get them to back off.

The woman nodded. "Sure thing," she said in response, trying to remember back then. She had one of her more memorable clients come in on that day - he really liked yukatas and kimonos - so it wasn't too hard to think back on a particular night. She remembered talking a lot about "her" thoughts on the city's current state, which included pretending to be fearful of the Equalists without their leader - as they might not know when to stop - and him consoling her though she didn't really fear much of the anti-bending group. She could recall a few passing glances towards Nagisa and his partner that night as well as a memorable look from the madame who looked like she could've been plotting world domination the way she looked at the newbie.

Sayona's eyes widened at the revelation. "Double?" she questioned. "No way!". Raising an intake was one thing but completely doubling it? This newbie had to be something. She nodded in agreement with his statement. "Yeah, your character seemed mostly a solo one. I don't think there are a lot of group hosts." She remembered a year ago, though the two had left since then, there used to be two girls who were requested together and would fawn over the guy or girl. Their trade game was to "fight" over the client. The nonbender could understand why that would be popular and began to wonder if Nagisa and his new partner would do something along those lines of a script, so to say.

At the restaurant, she took notice of the way the maitre looked at them. Sayono didn't make anything of it but she couldn't understand why Nagisa didn't let it bother him the way people would mistake him for actually being a child. Sure it worked well in the host club but outside? Truly, he didn't take no notice of it. Appearances were very big, especially in a place like this. At least he didn't dress young on his off time. She would hate to be mistaken as a babysitter or something, not that she didn't like his company.

Reaching for her beverage, she looked over her menu. She simply nodded when her companion suggested an appetizer. "What about their spring rolls?" she offered after a long sip of the cool water and then shook her head. "No, fried dumplings sound much better now that I think of it." She called over Ming and asked for their appetizer and then looked over her friend. "Tell me more about this partner of yours. Name?"

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 18, 2013 3:31:24 GMT -6

"Way," Nagisa replied, looking over the menu for an entree once Ming took their appetiser order. "And we even left early, since he had been up all day already at his main job. Who knows what we could've made if we'd stayed the whole shift." His golden eyes lingered over some sushi rolls. He loved it, but they weren't always exactly filling.

"His name is Hyuk-jae," Nagisa answered, his eyes fixed on the menu as he attempted to decide what to eat. It was always such a task, choosing. "He's a really nice guy, fell on some hard times." What kind of hard times, Nagisa didn't say. It wasn't his place, and besides, considering how he practically had to force Hyuk-jae into telling him about his problems, he figured the other man wouldn't be pleased if he went babbling about it to their co-workers before they'd even met.

"He started with me a couple of days ago, but we were doing small affairs over at the Host building." The Host Club was technically all one building, but split into three sections: the host section, the hostess section, and then the mixed-company section. "Madame wanted him to start off small, so he wouldn't be overwhelmed."

Finally giving in to the sushi temptation, Nagisa settled on three different kinds of rolls. Once Sayona was ready to order, he waved Ming down again.

"I'd like this 'Dragon Roll', the one with the tempura shrimp and the eel on top? And then the 'Crazy Dragon Roll', with the vegetable centre and the avocado, eel, and mango on top. A~~~~~~~nd I think to to finish it up I'd like this 'Earth Kingdom Roll', with the tempura shrimp and the cream cheese.  Oh, and a bowl of miso soup and some jasmine tea."

He handed the menu back to Ming. Once she took Sayona's order and left, Nagisa looked at his coworker and grinned.

"Hyuk-jae's a natural, though, you know. He can play the guitar and sing, and he's a good cook, and he knows just how to talk to customers just right, which is the most important thing."

Ming reappeared and set a steaming plate of dumplings down, refilled their waters, and disappeared again.

"Ah, six a piece," he said happily, picking up his chopsticks and reaching for a dumpling. He dipped it in the dark brown sauce, watching the bits of ginger at the top bob up and down. Blowing gently on the crisp dumpling, he looked at Sayona from out of the corner of his eye.

"Hyuk-jae's staying with me for a while while he finds a place to stay." He took a tentative bite, talking around the mouthful. "His old housemates were jerks, but now that he's earning more he's decided to cut ties." Nagisa shook his head. "Really, they were mean. I came over to help him drop off some stuff after shopping and the guy that was there treated him like pure trash."

Nagisa purposefully left out all mentions of Dragon Flats.

"And how about you," he asked Sayona, waving around a half-eaten dumpling. "How are things with you?"
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 21, 2013 21:16:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 21, 2013 21:16:32 GMT -6

"That's amazing, Nagisa," Sayona exclaimed. "Congrats," she told him with a large smile. She wanted to believe that he got lucky, but part of her told her luck had nothing to do with it. Whoever this boy his partner was, this turn of events was about skill. Still, if she could've raised her intake by double... No, she didn't need it. Things were nice as they were just now, she didn't need to go out looking for something better when she was already in a great place. Her eyes were cast down, back at the menu.

"Hyuk-jae...?" she timidly repeated. It did roll off her tongue very smoothly. "Has he decided on a host name, then?" she decided to ask. While the name itself was... nice, it didn't seem like something a host would have. Not that he couldn't use it outside of work! Just that it might be more productive to change it while he hosted, though she wouldn't put that thought out in the air for Nagisa to hear. Even to her, it sounded rude. But then Sayona got back on track with the conversation. "Smart," she noted. If someone had told her she'd be going into the morning with her clients, it might've scared her a little and Madame probably knew that well enough.

Finally, the waitress came back over and the woman had to pull herself from her thoughts and quickly scanned the menu for something to eat. "I'd like your teriyaki beef with vegetables, plus an order of udon noodles. Oh, a pot of tea, would you?" She gave a quick look at Nagisa when Ming left. "Hungry, huh?" she asked, a smirk tugging at the edge of her lips.

Sayona reached out for her drink and took a long drink as Nagisa talked about this Hyuk-jae. "Indeed," she agreed with a nod of her head as she set down the glass. The nonbender followed her co-worker's lead when the dumplings arrived and bit into one, not bothering with the sauce. Ouch, hot.

"Hm," she began, her eyes looking up to remember what she's been doing lately. After she swallowed the bite of dumpling, she told him, "Oh, nothing special. My brother is coming to visit again next week so I'm super excited about that. But life has been a bit of the same ol', same ol'." She gave him a noncommittal shrug, casting her eyes down. "A bit boring, actually."

Without realizing it, her smile had slipped to a slight frown and quickly she corrected it. "But I'm hoping to fix that soon with some new clothes," she said happily. "Do you have anything you're looking for?" Then an idea came to her. "What about Hyuk-jae?" she asked, almost clapping her hands together but quickly remembering she was still holding her half eaten dumpling. "What are his sizes, do you know? We could get him something; like a welcome to the job kind of present!" Oh yes, even if it was shopping for someone else, it was enough to put her into an ecstatic mood.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 23, 2013 4:18:55 GMT -6

ooc; i haven't gotten that far on my RP with zombi haha. ;x sory

"His host name is..." Nagisa paused. How strange! He couldn't remember what Hyuk-jae had chosen. He made a mental note to ask again later. "I can't remember it off the top of my head," he admitted. "It's a pun like mine, though." Everyone in the host club knew that his host name, 'Shouta', was a pun on the word 'shota', the word for the boy-lolita character he played.

"Your brother is coming to visit?" He tried to remember Sayona's brother, but couldn't, other than she had mentioned him before. The fluffy-haired young man smiled anyway. "Well, I'm glad for it! Maybe he'll make life a little more exciting for you when he visits."

"But I'm hoping to fix that soon with some new clothes. Do you have anything you're looking for? What about Hyuk-jae? What are his sizes, do you know? We could get him something; like a welcome to the job kind of present!"

Nagisa's golden eyes lit up. "That's a great idea! I — " He paused abruptly, frowning. "A-actually, I don't know. As much as I would love to buy him presents, Hyuk-jae still isn't really used to having a reliable, plentiful source of income, so he doesn't really like buying extra clothes for fun. He doesn't think it's practical!"

The young man shook his head. He liked Hyuk-jae, but wasn't really sympathetic to the other man's distaste for frivolous spending.

"I know!" The light in his eyes reappeared. "Why don't we buy him something practical? He likes to cook, and I don't have a lot of cookery at my place. Why don't we get him a really nice set of cookware and dishes and stuff? He'd be able to use that in his new place too, whenever he finds one."

His smile grew wider as he warmed to the subject. "We could get him all sorts of things, like-like-like, like a bamboo steamer! Or — ooh, what about one of those outdoor grills? He eats a lot of meats and vegetables."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 14, 2013 23:51:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 14, 2013 23:51:40 GMT -6

Sayona pondered more on what kind of man this Hyuk-jae was, going so quickly from this implied level of poverty to being a host. Of course, she knew that Nagisa must have played an important role in all of this but still, this situation her friend was now in was... interesting at the least. "Not practical!" Her words were only decibels away from a yelp. "Extra clothes are very necessary," the woman said with a huff, her bangs flying up for a moment. She almost sounded insulted, though she knew that finding extra clothes was Hyuk-jae's opinion, not her friend's opinion so being upset would do absolutely nothing right ow.

"That sounds marvelous. Though I'm not sure where to find cookware..." Her hand wandered up close to her mouth, her top teeth settling on the flesh of her thumb and her lower lip covering her bottom teeth to cushion the nail of her thumb as she thought. "I don't do a whole lot of cooking either. I mean, I know how to but I never have the time for it, you know? Anyhow, we can look for one." The hostess watched as her friend's smile grew. "Sure. While we're at it, we could get some nice ingredients. Fresh and everything." Oh the perks of this job were amazing.

Their waitress arrived not too long after, carrying their food over. "Want to go right after?" she asked, nodding towards their food. He looked so excited; keeping him from going to help his friend seemed like a waste.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 20, 2013 8:12:44 GMT -6

ooc; I'm going to go ahead and skip forward post lunch.

Nagisa's eyes wandered over to the trays of food heading for their table. "Yeah, sure," he said, distracted momentarily by the appearance of his lunch, "we can go right after!"

The meal was delicious, as was expected from Kuang's Cuisine. The portions were artfully arranged, and it was almost a shame to destroy the presentation by eating.

Almost.

Nagisa opted to get a dessert, leaving Sayona to choose for herself; he selected the green tea mochi ice cream, wondering if this was something that Hyuk-jae could eat. His dietary restrictions were something he was going to have to get used to, he supposed, mulling over the thought as he bit into the chewy exterior of his green dessert.

After eating, the two paid for their meals, Nagisa tipping their waitress generously. He'd come to find a new appreciation for people who weren't hosts, after meeting Hyuk-jae. Not that he disliked them before, but despite his brief experiences as an artist of all things, he seemed to have forgotten what not having money was like. Not that his parents were rich, or anything, and he certainly didn't grow up that way, but they had been comfortable.

Offering his arm to Sayona like a gentleman ought, he led the way down the upper-class shopping center. "Now, if I were cookware, where would I be?" He stopped a little old lady, laden with shopping bags of food, where he might find cookware. She gave him directions to a place down the street. High quality merchandise, she gushed. A chef's dream!

Excitedly, Nagisa steered Sayona to the store, chattering all the while about Hyuk-jae and how nice he was, and how enjoyable it was to have him stay. There was no mentioning of Hyuk-jae leaving.

The store they arrived at exceeded Nagisa's expectations. The walls were a bright, almost clinical white; gleaming steel cookware with glass lids winked and sparkled under bright lights. He could see pots and pans, teapots, knife sets, bowls for mixing, and so on and so forth.

Eyes wide, Nagisa began to look around, feeling slightly out of place. "Hey, Sayona," he murmured, his voice low. "D'you know what this stuff is?" He had never seen so many different pans before in his life!
This user is Mod