The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Marketplace III

Post by Gia on Nov 1, 2012 20:08:35 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The Marketplace is a busy trade centre, mainly for foodstuffs merchants peddling their wares. There are fish markets, produce markets, and meat markets, for whatever catches your fancy. It can get a little ... ripe ... here, so hold your nose!

[ OOC: This is a non-canon location. Please put your location at the top of your post. ]

[Time Frame Note: Amon has attacked the Probending Arena]

Previous Thread
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 27, 2013 20:19:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 27, 2013 20:19:06 GMT -6

Tagged: Kaito

Airi looked down at the bags in her arms. Flour, eggs, dried fruits, rice, everything they usually needed to resupply on weekly, so why did she feel like she was missing something? The woman shut her eyes having stopped in the middle of the pedestrian traffic, trying to concentrate, to think back to when she left home. Had her mother asked for something? Or Aisen? Did they need anything else? She tried to visualize their cabinets and pantry, hoping if she could "see" it that it'd be easier to remember. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work very well, leaving her right where she started.

"I should just call it quits while I still can,"
[/color] she mumbled to herself, moving away from the crowd and in between two food stalls to set down the bags of food in her arms. Red marks colored her arms from where the bags used to rest on them and some of the scratches from the crate she had carried a few days ago were irritated as well. While rubbing her arms, she looked around the marketplace. There seemed to be a few fresh food stands, but they didn't tend to keep a lot of perishables around seeing as their place was usually steaming hot from the furnace.

Airi took a seat next to the bags of food and dug through them. Salt, perhaps. Maybe she forgot salt.[/blockquote][/blockquote]

ooc; goodness, I don't like this post but I'm low on muse at the moment D:
This user is a former member
skyborn
Jun 28, 2013 18:51:15 GMT -6

Post by skyborn on Jun 28, 2013 18:51:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: It's fine, this is enough for me to go on :)

Tag: Airi

Kaito hated shopping. Unless it was for parts and equipment for his work. He felt exposed walking around a lot of people; he felt it made it too easy for someone to jump him. Nevertheless, even a workaholic like him has to eat, and the food stock back at his workshop was fresh out. So here he was, looking for any food that would catch his eye. He wanted enough food to last him at least a month at the workshop, since he didn't want to make these errands a regular occurrence.

Lightly touching his side, he was able to hold back a slight wince. That bruise he got earlier was still a bit tender, but it was healing very nicely. At least now he could walk without a limp and do enough heavy lifting to get things done at the workshop. If it weren't for Airi, it'd be taking a lot longer to heal, he thought to himself. What was he thinking, asking her to come visit again? Kaito was completely fine on his own...except he wasn't anymore, was he? The other night proved that the gangs had the power to take him out whenever they felt like it, so perhaps he was never truly fine to begin with. He was always just treading on thin ice. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a couple of people around him he could trust. But is it safe for others to get close to me?

Shaking the thoughts from his head, he leaned over to inspect the types of foods being sold at the stall that he had stopped in front of. Buying a few of the fruits from said stall, he continued moving along until something in the crowd caught his eye. "Speak of the devil," he muttered to himself as he spotted Airi seated between two food stalls. Blinking, he stood in the middle of the crowd, unsure of what to do. It seemed like she was preoccupied, so she probably hadn't noticed him yet. Should he say hi or just keep walking? Seeing her here brought back his previous thoughts of whether or not it was safe for him to become attached to other people, but he just as quickly shoved it to the back of his mind. Who's attached here? She's just an acquaintance....an acquaintance that helped fix my injury, he thought with a sigh. Looking back in the direction of his workshop, he remembered that there wasn't much work waiting for him back there. Turning back towards Airi, he took a deep breath and walked towards her. Nothing wrong with just saying hi, right?

"Airi?" he called as he approached her. "Heh, fancy seeing you here. I figured the next time I would see you would've been whenever you decided to swing by the workshop again," he said. Getting closer, he noted that she seemed a little distraught. Maybe this was a bad idea after all. "...Uh, is this a bad time?"
This user is a guest
Last edit by skyborn: Jun 28, 2013 18:52:48 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 28, 2013 21:43:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 28, 2013 21:43:59 GMT -6

Tagged: Kaito

Her head snapped up when her name reached her ears. Who would know her enough to make an appearance, even in a public place? Bolin, perhaps, but it wasn't like she tended to know many people cooping herself up in the bakery or forgetting most people that she met or those that helped her a time or two. "Hm?"
[/color] Airi looked up to see a familiar face but she couldn't quite place the name. "Kairo?"[/color] she asked with a watchful look on her face, wondering if she got his name right. Names were always so tricky to remember. You had to match the face to your memories and then the face to a name. It was even harder when she couldn't relate the person to an event or have known them for a long time. This guy, she knew, she had helped with his wound that he refused to tell her how he got and he had fixed her phone.

The woman laughed awkwardly at his concern. "No. Well, sort of. Just for me, I think. No, you're fine if you want to talk,"[/color] she said, the words strung together quickly and she fumbled on a few of them. She took in a deep breath and let it out, trying to sharpen her mind. "I mean, it's a problem I deal with, but it's been getting better."[/color] Once more she paused, wondering how that might have sounded and if it didn't so much answer his question as give him more. Should she just tell him about her memory problem? If she were to have an episode, she'd look weird. At least it'd be a warning.

"I have troubles holding on to my memories, my train of thought,"[/color] she blurted out before she had time to back track on her decision. "Short term things, like lists or names or things I just did."[/color] The words poured out of her mouth frantically, all the while trying to remember if she had got the eggs yet without checking her bags once more. "I'm sorry. Does that make any sense?"[/color] she hopefully asked, watching him for his reaction. Only with luck would he not look down on her like she was a nuisance, stupid or "damaged".

Then his earlier words finally dawned on her and her mouth opened to form an "O". "Oh yeah! I was thinking about it earlier today but,"[/color] Airi looked to her side where her groceries sat (should she hold on to them in case anyone decided they could run off with free food?), "my mom had me with errands for the day. What about you? I didn't figure I'd see you anywhere other than your workplace."[/color][/blockquote][/blockquote]
This user is a former member