The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Through Republic City III

Post by Gia on Nov 1, 2012 19:49:42 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Republic City itself is a bustling place. There are twists and turns and alleyways that only its most knowledgeable citizens remember. Try not to get lost!

[Feel free to include other locations without threads here; label the start of your posts!]

[Time Frame Note: Amon has attacked the Probending Arena]

Previous Thread
This user is Mod
taedxoa
Nov 2, 2012 16:25:15 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 2, 2012 16:25:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
On the way to Dragon Hawks practice
A street

Normally quite cheerful and relaxed, Tadashi was anything but. Which was why his brother was with him.

He hadn't told Katashi but he was pretty sure his twin knew, regardless, that Tadashi had been horrified at the news that Amon, the Equalist leader, had attacked the probending finals and taken away the bending ability of the winning team. Ren'ai, Yuri, and Kamil could have been that team if they hadn't lost two rounds earlier; it terrified him. And now, here they were, heading to probending practice even though the arena had been closed indefinitely.

To top all that off, Tadashi still had mixed feelings about the party that had been thrown some weeks earlier, before the game where the Dragon Hawks had lost their champion bid. He had... he regretted it somewhat, but he had been avoiding Ren'ai since then. He went to the game where they lost, but since then had laid low, only speaking with Yuri once or twice. And the reason was, Liu.

Tadashi had no clue whether Ren'ai and Liu were still together or not. He was still mad at Ren'ai for not warning him about Liu, who was unnecessarily good-looking and polite and high-class. But he also felt bad about hating Liu since over the course of dinner they had gotten involved in friendly chat. And he felt guilty because over the course of the chat, he had developed a little crush on Liu.

Turning to Katashi as they walked down the street, he smiled sadly and said, "Sorry I'm not much of a conversationalist right now, bra. I'm internalizing." He rolled his eyes at himself and then returned his gaze to the ground in front of them.
This user is a guest
kaendoro
Nov 3, 2012 22:32:38 GMT -6

Post by kaendoro on Nov 3, 2012 22:32:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

*A Street*
Contemplating, speculating, yet she has only found grief, and pity...

Despite the grim news, the streets were still very active, almost too active in Hamari’s eyes. She was paranoid, and terrified; she saw the news, the bravery and dangers of the Equalists had grown to the level requiring more than the Metalbending police units sent in by the Council. Her hood was on, something she rarely ever did, her hands were stuffed in her jacket pockets as she gloomily shifted and pushed past people. She dared not show her face, everything about her spoke odd, the dark-skin and fiery eyes, the black but long hair. Definitely not a non-bender in her eyes.

Amongst other emotions, she was also feeling sadness, a pity for those who had their bending taken away from them. It was an unfathomable and horrendous fate, bending was apart of that person, it was something in there spirit. Amon simply tore it out of you; in Hamari’s eyes, that’d be worse than losing a limb or an eye. She almost thought it was worth it, but then realized that was silly. She turned the corner found a nice shady spot by a small drying business to her left, underneath a raster. She carefully watched the people around her, there was visible fear in those alright bright and vivid eyes of her.

She wished more than ever to have a master right now, teaching her how to fight. Hamari was starting to think that maybe she should train herself. There were plenty of books on fire-bending form, and some other materials as well. As an addition, she made money through her fire-bending dancing skit which means she could buy the tools… her eyes widened at a sudden realization. She couldn't dance outside anymore, if the wrong person found out she was a bender, she’d be snatched, just like that. She dug her hands into her face; she wanted to cry but held it in.

If only she could fight with police, she’d stop these people. She’d put her life on it. Her hands drooped from her face on to her knees as she knelt beside the wall and searched around a bit.

That’s when her eye met a bald head. Normally this wouldn’t interest her, except that she’s met an Air-Acolyte before. Kaede, a younger fellow, sort of adorable actually; if not a bit anxious. She watched him for a moment and wondered if maybe she should introduce herself. She’s been meeting a lot of the air-folk lately, she wondered if that was a sign or something. She wasn’t superstitious or anything, but sometimes, it just felt like things happened for a reason. If this person was an air-acolyte she wondered what he was doing here. Was he visiting family like Kaede was?

She sits in her shadow, curious, and watches city morph around time.
This user is a guest
Last edit by kaendoro: Nov 10, 2012 11:07:57 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 5, 2012 19:00:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 5, 2012 19:00:05 GMT -6

*A street*

It was most disturbing. Katashi had not been present during the pro-bending finals when the attack on the arena occurred, but at that time he was listening to the radio broadcast of the finals, right after his taxi cab shift, along with many of his colleagues. At first, he'd have preferred to work a much longer shift rather than spend his evening listening to Shiro Shinobi's commentary with the others. But he remembered that his brother's team had had their shot at this and could have been the ones in the finals, which meant this might sort of be important for Tadashi. So in the end, he'd sat there...

...And listened to the whole thing. The Wolf Bats' treacherous victory, the sudden chaos in the arena... and Amon's speech. The words he had spoken were hard to argue with from the young non-bender's standpoint. Especially since he too was looking for his place in the world, and benders' seemed to have made their own an imposing one. But the "fear factor" was something much too intense for Katashi to handle. What had taken place in the arena was probably the most horrible thing he'd ever listened to. He couldn't imagine what the people inside had gone through.

And as he walked a mere step behind his twin brother, Katashi dared not think about what was going through the Air Acolyte's mind. He too realized that it could have been his brother's dear friends losing their bending so horribly - especially since he'd attended their last match. But even as he walked in brown clothes behind his more lightly colored Air Acolyte brother, Katashi almost seemed to give off a happier aura than his brother. He could only guess the turmoil within his brother, so he didn't say anything. Instead, like most people would do in this situation, he silently mourned what had happened.

Tadashi eventually spoke out. Katashi shook his head with a weak smile at first, since he was fine with his brother's silence at the moment. Then he realized his brother had just turned his gaze to the front again. "Nah, don't worry about it. I won't ask you anything if you don't feel like talking." He just answered. Still, there was this urge, deep inside his gut, that was telling him to ask Tadashi what was wrong, but he wouldn't do it. Not just because the answer was pretty obvious, but also because having to talk about it might make Tadashi feel worse about it.

...It was a hellish dilemma. Twin intuition was rarely wrong.
This user is a former member
taedxoa
Nov 5, 2012 23:13:38 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 5, 2012 23:13:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
A street

"You'd be the one I'd talk to if I did feel like it," Tadashi assured Katashi, half-mumbling. He hadn't told Katashi about the Ren'ai drama yet. It involved the "gay thing" and he just kind of avoided that topic around his twin. Sure, he took some good-natured ribbing from Katashi, and Katashi had sworn seriously a few times that he wasn't bothered by it at all... but it was one of the few ways they were drastically different and Tadashi didn't like to emphasize it.

Which meant, since the Acolyte could tell that his brother was thinking hard too, that Katashi was thinking about the Wolf Bats.

This was one of those rock-and-hard-place situations where Tadashi really didn't want to think about either problem, but if he tried to block out one, he started going over the other one again in his head. On the one hand, the probending situation was traumatic and larger scale, and the power that the Equalist leader Amon had was frightening, even to someone like Tadashi who wasn't a bender (not for lack of wanting). But on the other hand, the thing with Liu had affected him personally and really shaken him up. He didn't want to ruin his friendship with Ren'ai, who probably didn't even know just how bad Tadashi had reacted at the party. But the entire scenario had made Tadashi realise just how jealous and lonely he was. In a big city like this you'd think it would be easy to pick up guys, but he hadn't had any luck yet.

Abruptly his mind switched back to the Equalists. Nonbenders who were tired of all this alleged "oppression" at the hands of benders. He was a nonbender, he was jealous of benders, but they were his best friends and he could live with being a nonbender, especially studying at the Air Temple as he did.

"Hey, you don't feel oppressed by benders, do you?" he asked his brother.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 6, 2012 14:01:49 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2012 14:01:49 GMT -6

*A street*

That was comforting. At least his brother had not gone so cold that he'd be distant with him... well, not that much anyway. But Katashi could only look at his own feet, now, and be patient. For all he knew, anything he'd have to reply would not be the least bit comforting - that had been made clear during the pro-bending match, when his words sounded a bit awkward even to himself. Being by Tadashi"s side was probably all he could do right now.

When his brother finally spoke to him again, it was a question to which the answer was probably not going to make either of them feel any better. Looking away from his brother a little, Katashi let out a sigh and frowned. "I don't... feel 'oppressed' by benders. At least not like the Equalists say it." He began saying, trying to make sense of how non-bending affected his life. "The thing is that... I guess I'm just very jealous. I feel like if I could bend, I would be able to be more true to myself."

It felt a bit weird to say that. Katashi didn't really feel like he was lying to himself. "It's not that I'm not okay as I am. I just envy the way things look easier when you're gifted with something like that." He added. Then his mouth moved as if he were about to say something, but he didn't go through with it. The next bit - the reason laying under this envy - kind of involved his twin brother, and the things that made them different. Things they didn't usually talk about, and that he didn't want Tadashi taking wrong.

If it had to come up, it would probably be better if it wasn't in such a troubled situation. "...What about you ?" He asked back.
kaendoro
Nov 10, 2012 13:59:07 GMT -6

Post by kaendoro on Nov 10, 2012 13:59:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*A Street*
[Tagged=Ling]

As Hamari watched the Acolyte stride alongside other busy folk on an even busier street, something else sort of caught her attention beside him. It was a second person, who she could only describe as ‘unruly,’ well; she didn’t want to say it was a bad thing; because it really wasn’t. But he, compared to the Acolyte, seemed so different; the Acolyte, who she originally mistaken to be bald, thanks to the distance, wasn’t and had been cut short, showing signs of curling and such, the other boy had hair almost the same actually, simply longer. In fact, what was really interesting was that she felt the two appeared almost identical, but there were so many differences as well. Her natural intrigue was rising, normally she’d run over and start asking questions almost immediately, but at the moment, with all the strife and chaos; she was hesitant to do anything at the moment.

Right when she wondered if maybe she should start jogging to catch up, conversation started to sound from a group of young men behind her. She went silent and stayed still watching them very carefully beneath the shadows of her hood. Four of them, probably from an educational institute for older students not far from here. “I wonder what’s going to happen to the Wolfbats now that they can’t bend…” a taller, dark haired male beside him spoke up, “What do you think, moron? No bending means no probending, they’re done.” He put it simply, though rather crudely to the shorter brown-haired student beside him. “Man, dude that sucks. I mean, bending is the only thing those guys can do; now it’s gone, just like that?” The meager student contemplated on. Hamari’s eyes shifted to the ground as they passed, her memory on the scene of the Probending tournament.

“Who cares, they deserved it, all these benders nowadays deserve it. They’re horrible, power hungry jerks. I hope they all get their bending taken away.” The tall one retorted.

At that moment, the entire conversation muted from Hamari’s ears. Not because she didn’t want to hear it, no, because she was furious. Her orange eyes lit up like the sun in the sky and she glared at the man wrathfully. She was so angry she was sure she could hear her heart pounding blood through her ears. “Excuse me?” she growled, standing from her shadows and stomping toward him with a vicious look in her eyes. The male turned and went rigid as Hamari’s piercing gaze locked on his own. She threw her hood off and bared her teeth as she talked. “How can you say such a thing?” she shouted, “Not all benders are like that!” Hamari then corrected him and the male took it as a front. “Benders are the worse kind of people; all they do is oppress and torment the weak.” He retaliated, it was the wrong set of words, words that set Hamari’s emotions ablaze.

Normally, Hamari hated conflict, but at this moment, it was obvious that she was too angry and moody too care. Right now her volcanic anger was simply brewing, pressure was rising until eventually she’ll simply explode. Hamari was taking everything he was saying so personally too, his apparent ignorance on the matter only making things worse. She lived in the slums of this city, crime-ridden-benders didn’t just pick on non-benders, they had wars with each other, involving any-and-all who careless enough not to notice the dangers.

“You don’t know anything!” the fire-bender’s voice ascended to the point of yelling, and was starting to draw attention from almost every direction possible. “I’ve never hurt anyone! So are you saying I should lose my bending too?” the young-man was starting to step back, dithering as she started to approach him. The glare Hamari was giving was shimmering with tears; but there was no hiding that anger, one that beckoned a raging magma sea, waves just toppling and crashing into every. There were flames emanating from her fist, in fact her entire aura seemed hotter altogether. “Oh crap! Jin-Le, man! She’s a fire-bender!” the shorter male suddenly yelled. Jin-Le realized almost instantly, “Oh man, please, don’t kill me! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it, honest!”

Hamari was simply too mad at this point to care, but how she retaliated was unexpected. Her flames began to subside with his words, but her anger was still there. Her head shifted to one of those food stalls set up on the sidewalks. Not even a few feet from her was a pail of fish-oil.

Hamari spun around, took it by the handle and then rotated to fling the oil straight at him. Lucky for him it wasn’t hot, though Hamari, so infuriated at the idiot before her, probably would have done it even if it was. There was a shout of surprise, a loud splash, and now this Jin-Le fellow rolling on the ground trying to spit fish-flavored goop from his mouth. She threw the pail on the ground around her as the crowd started to erupt into a cyclone of shouts, laughter or insults towards her or Jin-Le. Her anger was slowly lessening; however the girl was still shaking.

When she felt the fire erupting around her, she was certain, that for a moment she might have burned this man in front of her. There was a deep shame in her, she felt like she almost became one of those people non-benders seemed to fear. She stuffed her hands into her jacket-pockets and hung her head solemnly, one wrong move, and she could have proven why benders were feared around her. She knew it was her anger, and was lucky to have regained her control.

But she couldn’t get the ever-looming questions out of her mind… What if she had attacked him, what if she had lost it front of all these people?

These people, her gaze rising to barely catch a glimpse of their eyes; these people, who were terrified too, had nothing but anxiousness in their eyes. All of them, except one. It was particularly strange to her how there seemed to be one face among the crowd, bobbing and weaving amongst the people, who bared a completely different energy and expression compared to everyone around here. She was mingling with the masses vanishing here and there. Whether she was here before or after Hamari’s little scene with Jin-Le, it wasn’t clear to her. She was tempted into approaching…

But maybe being cautious was a bad idea?

Considering her day, seeing someone in a bright mood was always nice. Hamari looked back to the Jin-le fellow with a speedy glimpse; who, now being pushed away by his friends, was giving Hamari a look she could only describe as ‘menacing.’ She bit her lip, shrugged her shoulders, pulling a complete one-eighty and decided distance was her best-friend at moment. Her feet carried her through the crowd; heading in the direction she last saw that woman, her curiosity drawing her toward the voice of clamoring chatter near a pub-n’-parlor not far from her. Amid the crowd was; a teetering fellow, a tall giant of a man, chattering old men, laughing-crying half conscious bystanders, a group of men slugging it out in the corner, arm wrestling, poker and dancing.

She couldn’t resist.

Hama slung her hands in her pocket and marched courageously in the direction of the door way, a large smile on her face, there wasn’t much of a line either yet it was obvious there were plenty of people inside. The structure larger than it seemed, and from just the door way, she could tell there was plenty of room inside it. Hamari had reached the last step when someone stepped right in front of her, “Age, ma’am.” Hamari froze for a moment; there was a tall man beside her, shady, conspicuous, and then without a bit of hesitation, “Twenty.” She stated quickly, and then put on a rich simper.

He frowned, it was obvious she wasn’t old enough to be in here; but honestly, how did he know she wasn’t some trained Equalists Assassin or something? Was he going to mess with that, or just let the kid go in…

It was the latter, thankfully in Hamari’s case, “Just go in, kid.” He said and shooed her away with a flick of his wrist.
Hamari smiled even wider, turned to the pub-doors and pushed them ajar.

*A pub…*

The energy inside was about as spellbinding as its exterior, if not more so. There was merriment shrouded with anonymity,’ all sorts of ages… though nothing too young, or younger than Hamari that is. The retro designs drew her eyes around for a moment with a childish-look on her face. She became a little more serious however, as she realized some eyes were on her, at the tables, across from her, and even by the bar-stools.

She was being watched.

Hamari regained some more of composure, and ambled along as if undaunted by the stares. In actuality, this was her first time in one of these places, amongst the loud noises and rooting voices, it was a lot to take in. Her slow-paced and rather stiff walk, led her to a stool where she sat-down and watched the bartender slide bottles, glasses, ice and other beverages across the table to people around them. In the corner, she was sure she saw some drinking games going on. “What can I get you?” a rough, deep voice resonated in her ears, and she jumped some. “Oh um, Tea? Please?” … there was a bit of silence as the rather thuggish looking man beside her eyed her like she was some kind of juvenile delinquent. A ‘eyeing’ in which she responded with a huge and nervous smile, making him huff and go back to his mug. The barter, who was definitely laughing, came back with an ice- tea and slid it in front of her.

Hamari sipped the drink, peering over at some movement where she noticed something, it was that woman again. The one she saw walking around the crowd, the person with the strange eyes. She looked at her drink, wondered some; and then decided.

She took hold of the glass cup and took a few steps toward her, she had dark hair and she was talking to a few other people around her, the conversation inaudible from her distance, but it sounded exciting. Despite her appearance, which Hamari was now wondering how she even picked this woman out from the crowd wasn’t anything too impressive, but her energy as a person seemed like it was on a totally different level than most of the people in here.

How was she even going to start this conversation, suddenly she was having trouble thinking on what to do.
She just couldn’t stroll over and say, ‘hey, I saw you walking through the crowd, hi.’ She’d think Hamari’s… crazy! Well, considering everyone in here was pretty wild, that may just work…

She took a deep breath, extended a hand to tap the woman on her shoulder and spoke her greeting, “Hello crowd-person…” that came out very wrong, “I mean hello, Prowd-Cerson! No!” she shouted to try and correct herself, “I mean the person I saw walking through the crowd earlier who had a … happy-face on.” People probably thought she was drunk or out her mind at this point, and her face twisted into something of humiliation and embarrassment.

Though, she had to admit, she was already having fun.

This user is a guest
Last edit by kaendoro: Nov 17, 2012 20:19:49 GMT -6
taedxoa
Nov 11, 2012 12:18:59 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 11, 2012 12:18:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Lykka, it looks like Karena set up the thread I need to be in, so let's do a few more posts and arrive at the arena.

A street

Hearing conversation further back on the street, and not willing to deal with anyone except Katashi, Tadashi nodded to his brother even as he sped up his walking pace. "No, I see what you mean. I'm definitely jealous. I tell Ren'ai and Yuri that all the time. And I partially joined the Air Acolytes because I wanted to be an airbender, even though I knew it wasn't possible." He had never told that to anyone else. "But just because I'm jealous doesn't mean I can't stand living with them. I mean, look at Grandma. She's a firebender." Tadashi had long given up hope that he would inherit that gift from his grandmother; by now he was far too old for any such gift to manifest. And their great-grandparents had been a firebender and a waterbender.

The noise behind them got lounder, and Tadashi turned his head just slightly to see a girl and a guy shouting at each other. The girl was a firebender — her fists were glowing. This sort of confrontation had gotten too common in the last few days, since Amon's attack. His shoulders almost imperceptibly sagging, he ignored the entire situation and just kept walking.

"The practice arena is just up here another couple blocks," he indicated to turn left around a building corner. But as soon as they got around the corner, he threw his hands up in frustration. "AUGH! Did you hear that conversation way behind us? We have nonbenders offending benders by saying they should be 'equalised,' and benders scaring nonbenders whether they intend to or not! How is the Council supposed to keep order and peace if every day we seem like we're almost at each others' throats?!?"

Feeling absolutely miserable and emotionally conflicted, Tadashi punched the building next to them and then sank down sitting with his back to it, putting his face in his hands. He wasn't going to cry, but he felt so lost and confused and didn't know what to do anymore. "What if they make nonbenders live separately from benders? What if I can't hang out with Ren'ai and Yuri anymore? What if I can't live with Grandma?"
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 19, 2012 23:43:56 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
OOC: I apologise that this is so short. I am just so swamped lately and am not sleeping well.

A Pub
open

A fresh pub was always a gamble, and not always one she liked to take. For the most part, if the ale was tasty and the people rowdy, it was her kind of place. But this pub was out of the way, and relatively unheard of. She had come across it during one of her investigations about some unfaithful husband, and had made a mental note to check it out on her day off.

It was... lackluster. At least, in comparison to a place like the Golden Fan — or even the Wooden Eye, despite the latter's darker reputation. This pub was fairly boisterous, but considering how many rounds of cards she had been winning — even without Katsumi's help — this place was full of hopes and dreams and none of the salt and vinegar she had come to expect.

She slammed down her third tankard of ale. The ale here was cheap too, but then, you got what you paid for. She hardly spent ten yuans on three, fairly large mugs of the stuff, and she wasn't even the least bit buzzed. They must water down their ale. She glanced around the table, noting with interest most were incredibly inebriated, with the rest well on their way. She looked down at her empty tankard. Drunk? On this weak brew? Lightweights.

Out of nowhere, someone touched her shoulder. On instinct, her fingers flew to the little release ring hidden in her coat sleeve, but something prevented her from pulling. She turned, a bright smile on her face, her eyes demanding. A young girl, not too much younger than her, stood before her, dark-skinned and amber-eyed. She struggled with introducing herself, but she smiled at her pluck.

"Well, hello there," she replied, shoving some sleeping drunkard off his bench. She patted the now-empty space next to her. "I'm Ling — and you are?"
This user is Mod
kaendoro
Nov 22, 2012 12:13:34 GMT -6

Post by kaendoro on Nov 22, 2012 12:13:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((OOC= its totally fine Kami, relax and take some time for yourself, you deserve it. c: and here's a post whenever you wanna get to it xD))

The random greeting far more successful than she previously imagined, considering how wild it was in here, she was expected something more like an explosion or maybe even something as simple as a few insults and a ‘shoo away.’ But this lass, this Ling, she did the complete opposite, at least now Hamari was excited again though; grinning wide as she watched Ling push a drunkard right off his seat and then motion to her to sit down beside her. Hamari’s feet were walking on their own, and she sat down in the bench not even considering that it once belonged to someone else. Though, her head did shift to him and for a moment her gaze show a little bit of worry, she looked back to Ling, “My name is Hamari, and…” she motioned with her thumb towards the now snoring fellow, a snot bubble ballooning form his nose.

“Is he gonna be alright?” she was actually showing genuine care fore a randomly drunken bum on the floor, that’s Hamari for you. Her curiosity drew her attention back to why she even approached this woman. She was… strangely forgettable to be honest, at least in her appearance. But even with such a natural appearance, Hamari; whose love of aesthetics even regarded that of human beauty, had to admit that their was a beauty in her features, yes she was natural and bright. Hamari’s cheeks might have reddened some as she spoke to her. Was it just for friendly conversation? She did have questions for her, mostly about this place and why it felt like everyone was so … carefree, if that’s what she would call it.

“So, do you come to these kinds of places a lot?” Hamari asked as she spotted several tankards on the table, most likely leftovers from Ling, and then watched several men in the background behind her lift up a smaller meek fellow and toss him across the air like a beach ball. Her expression was a combination of stupefied and amused, “That’s a new sight…” she added, “This is my first time in here,” she rotated in her seat to see a greasy haired young guy getting a wicked strike to the face from a very unhappy waitress, a hand print as red as roses swelling on his face. She winced and chuckled a little, “and I’m so use to everyone being in a state of panic right now.” A frown sort of played on her face as she remembered the events of the day.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 27, 2012 11:58:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 27, 2012 11:58:55 GMT -6

The Sato Mansion
Tag: Lykka/Open

Bring the boys home was not something that would go unnoticed. Either her father would notice, or he would hear from one of the gossiping maids. Asami couldn't blame them for gossip, thinking that regular housework all day could get boring, but she just wished -just the one time- that they would stay quite so she could approach her father herself about the situation. She didn't want this to blow up in her face and make things harder for Mako and Bolin. Well, Korra had offered a place of residence at the Air Temple, but if she could help it, she wouldn't add to the Air Acolytes stress of taking care of more people.

"I'll be right back,"
[/color] she told the boys as she put the satomobile in park, leaving the two to unpack with the help of a few servants. She took the keys, slipping them in her pocket, as she made her way into her home.

"The rooms are ready," a maid told her, the one she had asked before leaving to ready two guest rooms. With her mind focused on a plan to ask for her father's forgiveness, all she managed to do was nod with a flash of eye contact. Asami never found her staff incompetent, that they needed directions for every task. The maid would direct the two to their bedrooms as the boys removed their belongings from the vehicle.

She should have thought of this earlier, her plan to apologize to her father without any consequences to be paid, but last night had been consume with worry and her morning had been focused on helping her boyfriend and his brother. Perhaps she didn't need a plan- her father was an understanding man, after all. He could sympathize with her loyalty. He had agreed to sponsor their team, which hadn't been all that cheap. Letting two extra people live here would be nothing compared to that, even if Mako's tellings of his brother's appetite were exact.

Not finding him in the dining room or his workshop, she tried for his office, twisting open the door to find the man where he usually sat. "Good afternoon, dad,"[/color] she said with a careful smile as she closed the door after herself. "I would like to apologize,"'[/color] she said after a long wait. The direct approach might work, she thought to herself. Beating around the bush never did any good, especially in their relationship. They were all they had left of their family, they needed to be open with each other.[/blockquote][/blockquote]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 6, 2012 16:04:28 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
A Pub
[open]

"Nice to meet you, Hamari," Ling said as she waved down a server for another drink. She thought about offering one to the girl, but perhaps she was too young. Ah well, she'd pick up the tab if the girl decided to drink. "And he'll be fine." The freckled woman nudged the sleeping lump on the floor with her foot. "He'll just figure he fell on his own. When you're drunk like that, you tend not to remember much." She laughed, flashing the little gap between her two front teeth.

The server set another tankard of ale in front of her. Ling flipped him a coin and drank deeply, wiping the froth from her upper lip with the back of her hand. "Yeah, I suppose you could say I come to these places a lot." What a weird question. It sounded like a really poorly executed pickup line, but with the amusement and wonderment on the girl's face, Ling didn't think it was. "Though," she continued, "not exactly this place. There's a place downtown called the Golden Fan Saloon; that's my regular place." She followed the girl's gaze to the poor man being tossed around like a sack doll. There was something calming about being around a bunch of friendly drunks.

"Your first time, eh?" Ling was unsurprised; the girl had a novice air about her. She supposed that this was a good thing; this pub was definitely a good place for first-timers. The Fan wasn't bad, but it definitely was a bit more ruthless, and some of the less-than-savoury regulars would have picked up on this girl's newness already and had her owing money out of her ears.

Hamari frowned a little — an expression the private investigator in her did not miss. "Is everything okay?" she asked, her voice low. A young girl who frowned in a bar was an easy target, and Ling felt somewhat protective. Everyone should have a good bar experience their first time. "You look troubled."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 14, 2013 22:22:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 14, 2013 22:22:48 GMT -6

A Pub
Tag: Jin/Open
OOC: This does not have to be the same place that Ling and Hamari are; just a pub unless otherwise directed o3o

Airi couldn't remember having felt like this before, so low and down. Each day that passed by was another scare, another day with the threat of the Equalists, another day waiting for the inevitable. It was emotionally, and subsequently physically, exhausting every day for her to worry about something out of her control. She couldn't help it. It wasn't something she had control over, not at all. And with a feeling she had never faced, never encountered before, she chose a coping device she had never dealt with: drinking.

She was sure she was of legal age. After all, she was long considered an adult by her physical age, though not many considered her an adult by her mental age. The two never seemed to match up, a huge difference between the two at all times. Though, throughout this whole ordeal of the Equalists (sure, they had been around for a while, but they were suddenly becoming something big very fast) and probending, she had noticed that gap become smaller and smaller. And -well, she didn't know if it had to do much with Equalists or probending but - her memory had somewhat improved. Still, names were tricky, but she could remember remedial tasks and assignments given to her, rarely loosing herself in her memories to repeat things over and over again.

However, she had a feeling that today was going to be one of those days where her memory WAS going to be a problem, though she doubted it would be for the usual reason. She sat at the bar of the pub, a cup half full of sake to her name though it was far from her first drink of the night. She just really needed to take her mind off... well, everything.

"Hey, you're gunna want'a pace yourself," the bartender told her as he cleaned out a few glasses. She could only manage to nod in response, any words she might have said stuck in her throat.
jin
Jan 25, 2013 18:15:01 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jan 25, 2013 18:15:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The Pub
Tag: Airi

The days, and most notably the nights seemed to pass along like a never ending sleepness cycle. The days blurred together, and this day in particular felt the most astrange. This all seemed to start happening when both of Jin's friends went on their own journeys (seemingly the largest impact cause by Ash). He didn't know what to do, and training alone lost it's flavor after some time. He didn't know what to do anymore; His family had their own plans, and just as Jin and his brother started to mend the pulsing wound that was their relationship, he up and left too. Maybe the idea of getting close again, and inevitably hurting his younger brother again was just too much for him to handle.

These thoughts, as prominent in his mind as they were, were only tempory most nights. He figured out a new way to cope with it all. It was the pub that seemed to make it all better. He would get a couple drinks, talk over everything that happened this time to the bartender, and then leave once he felt like the night was succesfully forgotten. Jin took in a deep breath and stared at the sign that hung over the doorway to the pub. He normally spent his nights there, but he was feeling especially depressed. He sighed and walked into the building. He looked around before taking a seat and waving the bartender over.

"Yeah, your strongest stuff, if you would."

The Bartender nodded, poured his drink, and then smiled before walking off. As Jin sat there, lost in thought his eyes began to wonder. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing to strange either. It was the same people he had seen before, and they were doing the same thing they had always done. Drink, argue, fight and then get kicked out. As his head turned away, from the corner of his eye he noticed something that was different. Who was....was that that girl Airi? He saw her during the probending tournament. Jin rose his hand, then dropped it for a momnent feeling reclusive. Then the all powerful liquid courage started to take effect and he once more rose his hand.

"You're Airi...right?" Jin said turning toward the small girl, his long frame now completely turned toward the other person. Black strands of hair fell out of place to the side from their normally spiked position. Amber eyes looking forward before nearly sttutering and speaking again. "I'm Jin. I believce we both competed in the probending tournament."
This user is a guest
Last edit by kaendoro: Jan 26, 2013 1:13:11 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jan 25, 2013 23:39:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 25, 2013 23:39:54 GMT -6

The Pub
Tag: Jin/Open

Airi was caught off guard when she noticed movement in her peripheral vision accompanied with words. Strangely enough, those words were directed at her. She turned her head slightly to see a man younger than her, but his eyes looked much older than his appearance. She listened as he talked but her head turned back towards her drink that sat on the bar. The mention of probending, though, somehow managed to lift and dampen her spirits at the same time.

She smiled. "Jin? I'm sorry, I'm really bad with names,"
[/color] she replied with a light laugh with her eyes still fixed on her glass. It was a few moments before she lifted her head up again to look at him and when she did it took effort. That's what she got for drinking like this without having tried anything like it before. Perhaps the most she's had before was a splash or two of wine in a curry, but even that was because it was apart of the recipe.

"Oh! Right, uh, yeah I am Airi,"[/color] she said with a laugh, leaning back a bit instead of hunching over her drink. With any luck, she won't lean too far back and fall down. "Sorry, I guess I'm just kind of out of it."[/color] If he was a probender, it was possible he could understand her anxiety and stress over the current day's problems, something her brother couldn't. And her parents? They did not fear Amon one bit.

"What team were you on?"[/color] Airi asked him, noticing a bit of a tune up in her voice. Though she only played one game, it had been fun, not to mention exhilarating. [/blockquote][/blockquote]
skyborn
Jun 7, 2013 19:01:18 GMT -6

Post by skyborn on Jun 7, 2013 19:01:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kaito's Workshop

"Achoo!"

...And the bolt he was screwing into the engine just came loose. Crap. Thankfully, Kaito hadn't yet placed it into the Satomobile, so picking it up wasn't too much of a hassle. Looking towards the wall facing his workbench, he checked the clock. A little past noontime. And not so much as a single customer today. "Gonna be one of those days, huh...?" He muttered, looking a little disappointed as he stared out the front door. A mischievous smile slowly made its way to his face. "Perfect."

No customers meant no prying eyes, and no prying eyes meant he could work on one of his mad scientist projects again. The last time he was able to do this was two weeks ago; he had been swamped with orders since then and now that he'd finally gotten most of the work out of the way, he can finally sit back, relax, and tinker to his little engineering heart's desire. Setting the wrench down on the workbench, he groaned as he reached for the ceiling, stretching his body before relaxing with a relieved sigh. Blinking, and with a newfound sense of purpose, he made his way over to a door to the side of his workbench, and pulling out a set of keys. Finding the right one, he unlocked the door and made his way inside, leaving it partially open just in case a customer came in and rang the bell.

Inside the room, dozens of unfinished gadgets of various purposes lined the walls, and at its center was a workbench with a device that was covered by a piece of cloth. Kaito took off the cloth to reveal yet another engine, except with more than a few missing parts as well as a few changes. Taking out a notebook from underneath the bench, he opened it up, looking through the latest set of notes he jotted down. "Hm, next step is to install the pistons, but I need them to be able to work at a faster speed..." He murmured to himself, turning the page and taking out a pencil, making more notes.

This is where he felt most at home: here, surrounded by gadgets and machinery, with nothing to worry about except the problem in front of him, always challenging himself to make something better. This was why he started this workshop to begin with; it allowed him to stay in constant contact with technology without someone to boss him around or tell him what to do. Taking out another wrench from one of the drawers, he began to whistle a happy tune as he cheerily began to get to work on the engine.

Knowing my luck, one of the gangs' babysitters is gonna come in to bug me for a drink in a few moments, he thought dryly. Well, either way, he'll be able to hear them from the sound of the bell at the front door, so if they do decide to show their faces, he'll have this room locked up before they could see anything. Until then, he was satisfied with losing himself in his work.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 7, 2013 19:41:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 7, 2013 19:41:30 GMT -6

(ooc; since Jin hasn't posted in months, I'm moving Airi to a different part of the city but also in this same thread.)

Kaito's Workshop

Tag: Kaito[/center]

Why her bed seemed to trap her in her room, Airi didn't mind at all. Sleepy and exhausted, moving around and doing things was the last thing on her agenda for the day. At the same time, being home wasn't as great as it used to be. It had lost it's appeal of being a, well, home after recent events. Being snatched up from right out of her bed, the very one she laid in, caused her home to lose whatever comfort it used to provide her. While it used to be a place of safe refuge, where she could bake from dawn to dusk and avoid the world's problems, it had become a nightmare of memories she wished would just go away. She couldn't forget what happened, no matter how hard she tried or wished her memory problem would take it away. Instead, she could leave.

The woman wretched herself up from out of the messy bed, her mouse brown hair as tangled and messy as it could be, though the longer layer managed to stay somewhat in the braid it had been in. A quick change of clothes, comb through her hair and rebraiding the longer layer, Airi found herself running down the front stairs, her mind already set on trying to figure itself out on where she wanted to run off to first.

"Ai-ee," her father called from the kitchen, sounding as surprised by her appearance as he was glad for it. "Are you feeling well?" The nonbender nodded, not able to verbally lie to her own parent who cared so much for her when all she felt was despair and regret. "Could you, then, take the phone for repair?" he asked, nodding his head towards a crate since his hands were sticky and covered in dough.

"Sure thing,"
[/color] she said, suddenly conscious about her dry lips and throat. The crate wasn't too heavy, but it was awkward to hold with her tiny stature. She left, her father calling out directions to the suggested repair shop before the back door shut behind her.

—-

Airi found herself tired and sore by the time she found the repair shop. Muscles strained from holding the crate in difficult positions. A few scrapes from her grip slipping only to rip at her skin before she caught it again. Not to mention her hips banged up when the crate bounced against her body. Using her back to push open the ajar door, she listened contently to the sound of bells as they rung out in the air only to be reminded of the crate when it bumped against the door and, in turn, bumped against her hip once more.

"Hello?"[/color] the woman called out gently, and then again louder and more firm just to make sure she was heard. "I have a phone that needs repairing,"[/color] Airi uncertainly said, wondering if she got the wrong place. After all, not all mechanics could repair all things, right? If not, she could only hope that he or she could point her in the direction of one that could. She set down the crate, her arms feeling like noodles as they loosened their grip and pulled away. She couldn't remember the last time she had been on her feet, training or fighting. [/blockquote][/blockquote]

(ooc; eep I hope this post is okay)
skyborn
Jun 7, 2013 22:08:20 GMT -6

Post by skyborn on Jun 7, 2013 22:08:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kaito's Workshop

He had been working for a good twenty minutes before he heard the ring of the front door. Letting out a surprised yelp, he jumped slightly, causing the wrench he was holding to slip from his grasp and crash into one of his works in progress on the wall. He gave a frustrated groan before composing himself as he put the piece of cloth back over the workbench. "Ehh, I don't think that project was gonna go anywhere anyway," he muttered to himself before hearing his customer's call. "I'll be out in a second!" he yelled as he pulled out his keys, heading towards the door. Coming outside, he turned around and locked the door quickly before facing his customer. Seeing her disheveled state, he blinked.

Small. Definitely not someone he'd expect to do any heavy lifting. And, judging from the way she currently looked, she probably doesn't do it often. Or at least recently. None of his previous customers looked like this; probably because most of them were Satomobile junkies or worked heavily with mechanical equipment. This girl didn't seem to be either one. It was...intriguing, to say the least. Nevertheless, a customer is a customer, and she will be treated as such.

"...You get mauled by a platypus-bear on your way here?"

Which of course, meant that she'd be getting the same amount of sarcasm he gave to almost every customer that came here. After working here for a while, Kaito figured he could afford to be a little unprofessional with his words when his customers knew he delivered amazing results with their orders. Well, then again, he's never seen this girl before, so she probably doesn't know about that, but he wasn't going to change his attitude over that. Besides, when all was said and done, she'll leave satisfied with his work, and he'll be left alone to get back to his little projects. That was how it always went down, why should this time be any different?

Taking out a piece of paper from one of the drawers, he set it down on top of his desk with a pen. "Anyhow, fill this out, basic contact information, signature, and so on," he said lazily, moving from his desk to the box she had set down. Taking off the cover, he took a look at the phone. "Any specific problems you can tell me about this?"
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 7, 2013 22:48:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 7, 2013 22:48:05 GMT -6

Kaito's Workshop

Tagged: Kaito[/center]

Airi was surprised by his choice of words but nonetheless found her chapped lips breaking into a small smile though it faded as quickly as it came. "I might've well've been,"
[/color] she replied dryly as she looked down at herself to see her scratched skin and her hands warm from exertion. The way she held herself was probably different as well. Instead of being light on her feet, ready to do anything at a moment's notice, she felt rooted to the ground and slow. She didn't stand as tall as she could, making her seem even smaller, and her eyes held the constant look of worry.

All she offered was a nod when he pulled out a paper and laid it before her along with a pen. Filling out the information he mentioned, she noticed her hands shaking a bit. From carrying that crate, she tried to tell herself but couldn't buy what she tried to think. At the same time, she didn't want to admit how much the earlier events had gotten to her. Her parents were already concerned for her; she didn't wish to trouble them any more. Her brother, Aisen, seemed more pleased than worried which she couldn't understand one bit.

"The dial gets stuck sometimes,"[/color] she began, leaning on the desk a bit, locking her fingers together. Her heart skipped a beat at the feel of skin on skin, looking down to see she had forgotten her gloves. People would ask, she worried about. She'd have to tell them that-- that... what? That she had a disability that kept her from easily remembering short term things and often would burn herself in the bakery because of it? That sometimes she'd forget she'd be firebending and burn herself? Ha. She wasn't even a bender anymore. While her golden eyes lingered on the sight of the burns that scarred her arms, she continued to talk to the mechanic.

"And it'll disconnect some calls. We've checking; it's the phone. The other phones in the area work fine,"[/color] she explained before he could ask if it was an electricity thing. "Can you fix it?"[/color] Airi worried if she'd have to buy a new phone. Not that they didn't have the money to spare, but she'd rather keep the old. It was familiar, comforting, even if it didn't work the way it should, as crazy as that sounded.[/blockquote][/blockquote]
skyborn
Jun 7, 2013 23:27:52 GMT -6

Post by skyborn on Jun 7, 2013 23:27:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kaito's Workshop

He snorted lightly at her reply, but heard the slight undertone behind it. He noted the way she carried herself: slightly trembling hands, a little slouch, and her eyes seemed...tired. Kaito's borderline paranoia of people's intentions taught him to observe how people acted, and if the way they acted indicated that they meant any ill will towards him. Although he's tended to exaggerate some people's motives before. She might have just had a long day. Maybe she's just shy. Either way, it wasn't his problem. He was a mechanic/engineer, not a shrink. He got paid to fix people's appliances, not their personal problems. At least that's what he tries to tell himself, ignoring the nagging feeling of his conscience at the back of his head.

"Mhm," he muttered after hearing her explanation. Giving the dial a few tugs, it did indeed get stuck once or twice. "Looks like you'll need a new dial ring," he said, writing it down on a clipboard. He looked at her from the corner of his eye. She was still trembling. Why did that grate on his nerves? Did he look that scary? No, that can't be it. Kaito may hang around criminals, but he certainly isn't as intimidating as those guys...is he? He has been in their company for quite some time, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that he picked up a few things from them. He shook off that train of thought. No. He wasn't like them.

Hearing her question, he scoffed. "You must not be hearing things around this area if you're asking me a question like that," Trying to distract himself from his previous thinking, he opened the cover for the inside of the phone to take a look at the circuitry inside. He scanned the interior for a bit before finding what he wanted. Aha. Grasping at it, he pulled it out. "Your generator's faulty." Setting it down, he grabbed the clipboard again, taking a few more notes down. Glancing up at her briefly, he added offhandedly as he continued to write, "Y'know you can relax. I hardly bite unless you give me a reason to."
This user is a guest