The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Dragon Flats District II

Post by Gia on Aug 12, 2012 20:45:27 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The birthplace of Hiroshi Sato, the Dragon Flats District of Republic City is a residential zone comprised mostly of lower- to middle-class non-bending families. As such, it's seen high Triad activity and is considered a volatile area. Citizens and tourists alike are warned to take care when entering the district, and highly advise the area be left to the Police, benders, and its residents.

This is a canon location.

[Time Frame Note: Amon has attacked the Probending Arena]

Previous Thread
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 1, 2012 19:59:32 GMT -6
Anonymous
Mar 22, 2013 16:00:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 22, 2013 16:00:00 GMT -6

Shuai & Yuuta’s Apartment

Yuuta sighed with some relief. Despite not knowing what he wanted to hear, her words were calming nonetheless. He glanced at her, finally noticing how... beautiful she looked. Her hair, her clothes and her makeup didn't seem like her, not from the few encounters he's had with her despite being roommates. Her sunkissed skin and bright eyes were unique, different, enchanting. Perhaps the alcohol was opening his eyes, though his mind had been clouded by too much of the intoxicating drink earlier.

"Thanks," he finally managed to say. "I've had trouble finding a place to stay the past few months. The most I could manage was a week and a half before the roommate would "ask me to leave"." What he wouldn't say was that he thought that she might only like him, however remote, because of their work schedules. Not spending so much time with him was what kept her from harboring bad feelings for him, he theorized.

He sighed, leaning back into the couch, the softness welcome. How many nights had he been spending at the store, sleeping on the stiff cots and working constantly to get his mind off things? The money he collected for his mother had yet to be sent up to the North Pole in an envelope due to his indecisiveness. Where would the money matter more? he constantly asked himself. To his mother, who's condition wasn't improving. If it was a pointless case, wouldn't she want him to start saving up his money to go on with his life? She never mentioned money in her letters, though she had made a scene when he first suggested she go to see help.

"You're not half bad either, Shuai," he said though he didn't dare look her in the eyes. Was it just him, or was he warm in here? "I really feel like-" he cut himself off, realizing something more important than his feelings.

"Shit,"" he cursed, somehow finding the energy to stand up and pace. "With everything going on, I've forgotten," he began, remembering how keen he was on forgetting his mother's situation that he had forgotten other things along with it. "My hours are getting changed. My job at the warehouse," he clarified, running his hand through his hair out of frustration. He paced some more, but finally his leg's pain seeped through his intoxicated state and he was forced to sit back down on the couch.

"Less hours, and at a different place no less," he groaned. "I worked at a CabbageCorp warehouse, keeping stock. The police have seized the accounts, I can't get paid." Thankfully, he was not apart of production and seeing as they weren't completely shut down, a small percentage of the business would carry on. Counting stock, after all, was a minor but still needed job, but his hours were cut almost in half.

"Oh," he said, realizing that he had almost forgotten about Shuai. "Sorry for that outburst."
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Mar 23, 2013 0:25:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 23, 2013 0:25:28 GMT -6

She just wanted to punch something right now. Too bad her hand was swollen, and the other hand preoccupied with holding the rag full of ice in place. She usually wanted to hit things whenever she felt vulnerable. However, she rarely felt vulnerable–thank the spirits, but right now, she felt like making a hole in the wall. Why does my skin itch? Why does he look so nice? Why is it so hot in here? Is that just me? STOP melting ice! Oh, wait… The thoughts poured in one right after the other, but then they stopped once Yuuta turned to look at her. Was he looking at her differently? She couldn’t tell. Not to mention her sight was still a little fuzzy, but it was getting better by the minute.

Shu-shu tilted her head, sort of like a puppy does, when he thanked her. She didn’t know what to say, but thankfully he continued. What he said though confused the heck out of her. Why would anyone ask him to leave? He was a perfectly good guy. Worked hard, so much so that he was almost never home, like her. Sure at first he had seemed like a jerk, but he was genuinely nice, and cared about his mother–the only family member he had ever mentioned to Shuai. She wanted to ask him why, but then he sighed and sunk further into the couch, so she dropped the matter and instead placed the rag on the coffee table. Her hand was perfectly numb now.

When the herbalist spoke again and said her name, Shuai almost wished he had called her Shu-shu, or at least looked her in the eyes, but who was she to want these things? “Thanks,” she mumbled almost to herself. Yuuta then started to say something, something that really caught her attention, but then…he exploded. He moved so quickly. He never moved that quickly! “Forgotten what,” she said softly as she tried to follow his conversation. And then Yuuta said it, but he did so while running a hand through his sable hair. She hated that he was frustrated, but that gesture was kind of…

The firebender scooted over to give the man more space on the couch as he sat back down. He continued to speak and while he did Shu-shu realized how crappy of a situation he was in. Just like her restaurant taking on another chef, it looked like both of them had a lot of work related issues to sort out. For a second she wanted to worry about the rent, but then she swept her anxiety under the carpet. They were going to be okay. She always had enough money for the rent thank the spirits.

“Don’t worry about it,” she said after he had apologized. “You have a right to worry, but I’m sure everythin’s gonna be okay. Honestly, things will work out.” She smiled and then said, “Besides, you listened to me in the club while I talked about my job. It’s only fair that I give you my undivided attention.” She then stood and taking the rag with her walked back into the kitchen and placed the soaked thing into the sink. “Would you like,” she began with her back facing him, “some tea, or a snack?” Leaning on the counter with the lower half of her body she then turned to him and crossed her arms beneath her chest. For some reason what Yuuta had said to her in the club came back to her and with a mischievous grin on her face the firebender said, “Or, would you prefer to be in bed right now?”

Hopefully, he'd catch on.
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 23, 2013 22:47:33 GMT -6
Anonymous
Mar 23, 2013 12:13:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 23, 2013 12:13:51 GMT -6

ooc; time skip to the morning?

Shuai consoled him, something he never thought that would calm him down but it did. Usually when people tried to calm him down, he'd get angier, but his roommate was in an almost similar situation although she had two paying jobs whereas he had one paying job and an apprenticeship. Still, he and his master had agreed on a simple contract that he would get taught and be unpaid, but when his master's death came to pass, he would be the legal owner of the herbalry. Inheriting one was much easier than starting a whole new one, he could keep old clients and it came with an established reputation that would prove to be invaluable. Still, it was sort of evil, in a way, to wish for his master's death.

"Thanks... again," he murmured, glad she wasn't fed up with him, holding his head in his hands. He was glad to have ended up living with her; he had no idea what he'd do if he lived on his own (aside from the fact if he did, he'd probably be living on the streets. One part time job could only cover so many expenses). Yuuta humored her with a laugh when she said she listened to him because he listened to her back at the bar. Truth be told, he couldn't remember of what much happened there. He blamed the alcohol, though as his body continued to process it, he was sure he wouldn't be able to use that excuse

Shu-shu offered him something from the kitchen, but he shook his head. He was positive that something to eat would lower his intoxication level, making him a bit more sober. Having left his cane back at the store, he kind of needed the pain relief that came with being intoxicated. However, her next words startled him.

“Or, would you prefer to be in bed right now?”

Yuuta had the feeling it wasn't just a "are you tired and need rest" kind of question. He looked up, his eyes meeting hers. She looked confident, sexy, sure of herself... He smiled.

"I think I'd like that," he said, managing to stand up and head towards the bedrooms, though unsure which one to go to, in the end choosing his own. "I'm really tired, if you don't mind," he said with a grin as he headed towards his bed.

What a night.
Anonymous
Mar 24, 2013 0:23:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 24, 2013 0:23:56 GMT -6

Shuai & Yuuta’s Apartment[/b]

Normally, Shuai was not this bold, or this flirtatious, however, the traits dwelt somewhere inside of her fiery being and showed themselves whenever she needed them most, like tonight. Whether those traits decided to expose themselves because of the alcohol or because of the spell she had been placed under by charming emerald eyes, Shuai could care less. She really liked where she was and all she wanted, right now, was to stay there, if only for a little while longer.

When Yuuta looked up at her from the couch Shuai’s breath caught a little in her throat. Her chest rose and forcefully pushed the air out between her parted lips as the herbalist smile at her. Shuai really liked that smile; it suited his face nicely. She smiled in return and then he spoke. His words caused her heart to flutter in a way that was strange to her, but she welcomed the foreignness of the feeling. She embraced it as she watched him walk past her. Shu-shu noticed that he was barely limping. He probably had the alcohol to thank for that, but he also had his own inner strength and confidence to thank as well. Yuuta's last words to her forced her to curl her toes and then he was inside of his room and she was left alone in the kitchen.

Damn, she thought. Shuai needed to make a decision. She knew what she wanted, but would Yuuta accept her for it? With a sigh and arms still crossed beneath her chest the chef wandered past Yuuta’s room and entered her own. Without a moment to spare she quickly threw off her dress and threw on a loose green tee shirt that just came down to her hips. Grinning she slid into her black bathrobe and then with light footsteps entered Yuuta’s room.

Some light from outside seeped in through the sliding doors and dappled her figure as she leaned against the wall. She caught his eye before she silently moved to the other side of his bed. She sat on the edge with her spine facing him as she slowly let the robe slide down off of her shoulders. It fell to the floor as she lifted the comforter and climbed into his bed. She froze momentarily upon the thought that she had never done anything like this before. She considered apologizing and leaving, but then she turned over onto her side. Her messy hair bunched up beside her cheek and she smiled before she whispered his name and closed her eyes.

Shu-shu woke up to the sounds of people arguing outside of her house. Lifting her hand to her face Shuai slowly rubbed her eyes unaware that she was smudging her eye-liner, and then stretched her jaw into a yawn. It was as her bottom lip brushed against the surface of her pillow that she realized what her head was laying on was not her pillow. She covered her mouth with her hand in order to keep herself from screaming. Slowly she bent her neck back and what she saw she couldn’t believe…Yuuta’s face. She was staring at her roommate's face! Her head was on his chest, and her leg! For spirit’s sake! her mind cried. Her leg was intertwined with his! She could have fainted, but instead she slowly rolled over onto her back, making sure not to disturb him, and then sat up.

“Oh my gosh,” she whispered to herself. “What have I done?” She turned to look at him and oddly enough was pleased with what she saw. He was quite attractive while asleep. So peaceful and quiet and, and…WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED LAST NIGHT? She pulled her legs up to her chest and rested her head in between her knees. She tried to think but all she kept drawing were blanks. Maybe he’ll know when he wakes up, she thought as she gazed upon his face again. Her mind told her to get up and leave, but Shuai ignored the voice inside of her head. Instead, she dove back under the sheets and cuddled close to him again, embracing the warmth of his well-built body. She’d let him deal with this when he woke up. Grinning she closed her eyes and fell back into her most peaceful sleep ever.
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 26, 2013 22:55:07 GMT -6
Anonymous
Mar 24, 2013 0:53:57 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 24, 2013 0:53:57 GMT -6

Yuuta had taken his time to undress himself down to an undershirt and boxers, then gently edging himself into his bed, tossing the covers over himself carelessly. He waited, thinking maybe Shuai hadn't meant it, like this was just some sort of joke to her, but right as he began to suspect that she entered cloaked in a robe and gracefully slid into bed with him.

"Yuuta."

Hearing his name said was nothing new, so why did those two syllables suddenly cause his heart to race? He moved his head towards her's, kissing her forehead as she drifted to sleep. It wasn't long before he, too, was finding himself with the bliss of rest.

—-

He slept peacefully, feeling warm, calm and -above all- safe. It wasn't often he dreamed, but last night had been one of those rare dreams: he had been running all over the city and stumbled upon Shuai. It was odd he'd dream of her; it wasn't like the interacted on a daily basis due to their work schedules, but, nonetheless, she had been apart of his dream. He saw her in a different way than ever before: sexy instead of plain, confident instead of annoying, enchanting instead of average. His dream had been something like an adventure of dancing, fights and cars. Nearing the end of it, the dream became fuzzy and disorienting.

Yuuta slowly and awkwardly woke up, the sun from his window blinding his not-yet-adjusted eyes to morning. He quickly shut them once more. There seemed to be a weight on his chest, but his first priority was his leg. He stretched it, flexing his toes and whatnot and it seemed fine except for its usual ache and pain. Thankfully, it didn't feel like it had gotten any worse, though he couldn't say the same for his head. His head felt like someone had split it open, tossed in a bunch of nails and sewn it back together for every time he tried to lift his head, it felt heavy and gave off a dull - thought strong - ache that traveled down his spine.

After a few moments more of laying with his eyes closed, he opened his eyes to peak around his room while trying to avoid the sun's rays. Slowly, he tried to lift himself up so he could get to his day but that weight on his chest kept him from reaching his goal.

"Shu-shu...?" he murmured to himself as he noticed the head of hair and feminine figure attached to it. Shuai seemed the only possible person that would be there, unless Shachi had some how found a way into his house just to sleep with him.

Wait.

"Shuai!" he yelped, jumping up when it finally dawned on him that his roommate was in his bed with him. W-why was Shuai in bed with him? He tried to remember last night, but couldn't remember ever having left the herbalry to go to the apartment. Had had his dream ever been a dream? Or was that what happened last night?

"S-Shuai," he stammered once more. His eyes traveled down and he was wearing the minimal amount of clothing. Had they... had they slept together? He quickly reached for the nearest pair of pants he could find, quickly putting them on, halfway done when he fell, his bad leg giving out, the aches being irritated by the sudden motion. "Wha-what happened last night?" Not that he minded, but it was a big surprise.

He tried to calm himself as he stood up, pulling up his pants fully. "Not that I minded," he said for no real reason. It had been nice waking up with someone by his side, compared to being alone at the herbalry on the tough cots or even just in his bed by himself.
Anonymous
Mar 26, 2013 23:54:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 26, 2013 23:54:33 GMT -6

Shuai & Yuuta's Apartment

They were just two bodies in a crowd, swaying side to side, and when the music picked up in speed they threw their heads back in ecstasy and moved their feet faster in the most uncoordinated manner. Shuai was dancing with Yuuta. The surroundings were too hazy to discern, but they were dancing and smiling and strangely happy. Yuuta took her by the hand and spun her a few times before he wrapped her arms around his neck. She moved closer to him and grinned as she felt his breath heavy against the bridge of her nose. He then pressed his lips to her warm forehead and whispered, “Shu-shu,” which naturally turned her bones to jelly. She fell into him and then…

“Shuai!”[/i]

She flung her eyelids open and grimaced as the sun’s light stung her retinas. With a groan she curled into a ball and threw the comforter over her head. What the hell was Yuuta doing shouting her name like that–had he lost his mind? And what was he doing in her room? Flinging the comforter away Shuai sat upright as he stammered her name. “Yuuta,” she started but then stopped short once she noticed that one, she was in the herbalist’s bed, and two, he was standing before her in his boxers. Her cheeks turned as red as a pomegranate as she scurried off of his bed. She watched him from the opposite side of the room as he struggled to pull on his pants and then cried out his name when he took a small tumble.

“I–I don’t kn–know,” she stammered in answer to his question. She had a weird sense of deja vu grip her before Yuuta made his last remark and then it was gone. It was then that Shu-shu felt a slight breeze on her leg. She didn’t want to look down, but she knew she’d have to eventually. Bunching her fingers together into fists she glanced down and gasped softly at the sight of her bare legs. Aside from a tee shirt and underwear that didn’t match Shu-shu was practically naked, and in front of her roommate whose bed she had shared last night. She glanced up and caught sight of her black robe. She moved quickly and threw it over herself before locking eyes with Yuuta.

Her cheeks were redder than the setting sun and she could feel the heat and hear the pounding of her heart against her chest. What was she supposed to say? What was she supposed to do? WHAT IS THIS LIFE? her mind exclaimed. “I–I uh,” she stuttered thinking about what he had said, that he didn’t mind, “I…y–you look hungry. Want some breakfast? Scrambled eggs and scallion pancakes? Great.” She rushed across the room and brushed past him doing her best not to make eye contact. Cooking helped clear her mind. She just needed to do something other than think about Yuuta in his boxers, which she quite secretly enjoyed the sight of. As she busied herself about the kitchen Shuai could not ignore that one big question, which she knew was probably on his mind too. Did they go all the way?? And if so–if one of them could remember correctly–was it any good?
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 26, 2013 23:56:10 GMT -6
Anonymous
Mar 29, 2013 19:31:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 29, 2013 19:31:32 GMT -6

Yuuta agressivly nodded when his roommate asked if he'd like some breakfast, any words he might have replied with stuck in his throat. He felt his heat giving off an immense amount of heat as if any second he'd die from overheating. Thankfully, Shuai left with a hurry in her steps leaving the man to pace his room (to an extent) and try to recall something, anything, of what happened last night to make sense out of what had happened to wake up with Shuai in his bed. He ran his hands through his hair. He needed just a bit of information to make sense of what happened and he didn't even care what it was at this point, just something to get his mind off of... recent events or to at least make sense of them!

He decided to tidy himself up after cooling down and throwing on a pair of fresh clothes, his head and leg giving off a dull ache. Looking at his room, nothing seemed too out of place aside from the messy bed that obviously held two people last night. His face heated up when he began to think of last night, wondering what they might or might not have done together. Finally, he found himself stumbling his way into the kitchen and taking a seat at the table, the dull ache in his head growing into something of a throb.

"Shuai," he said, his elbows rested on the table top and his hands holding his head up. There was a long pause before he managed to even find the words he wanted to say. "I don't know how much you remember, but I remember going to a club. I might've drunken too much, which would explain this nasty headache of mine." He didn't even bother to ask how she felt. He had an idea if he asked her any questions that it would lead to nowhere. "But what I do know is... is that nothing happened last night as far as the apartment." Call him odd, but the apartment didn't smell any different, other than the smell of her cooking. In his line of work, he had to know, er, bodily fluids pretty well. Plus, the bed, though messy, didn't look like much happened in it. The bed sheets were still pretty smooth from the last time he ironed them.
Anonymous
May 27, 2013 22:26:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2013 22:26:23 GMT -6

Shuai & Yuuta's Apartment

Shuai was grateful for the few minutes Yuuta lent her while he readied himself in his bedroom to compose her thoughts. Her emotions were all screwed up and seemed to resemble the eggs that she was whisking–all swirled together in the hollow bowl that was her heart. She couldn’t make out one feeling from another and it irritated her to the point where she poured almost a third of the whisked contents from the bowl onto the counter top instead of onto the frying pan. Shu-shu groaned before cleaning up the mess. The pan sizzled happily and filled the room with the promise of breakfast. Again the thought of being with Yuuta popped up in her head, but the firebender ignored it and instead focused on pouring her pancake mix onto another pan.

The sound of him sitting down at the table startled Shu-shu a bit, but she kept her tawny eyes fixed on the stove. She cocked her head slightly to the left to show that she was listening to his speech. Every fiber in her being told her to turn around and face him, but Shuai just couldn’t. Shame was written everywhere on her face, especially her cheeks. She didn’t need the herbalist to see her in this kind of state. He had already seen enough of her foolishness.

“Yeah,” she mumbled absentmindedly, not quite aware of what she was agreeing to. Maybe he wouldn’t notice? She quickly transferred everything from the pans onto a plate and biting her rosy bottom lip, she turned, held his stare for like, a second, and then placed the plate down in front of him. I can’t stay here, she thought, feeling the shame burn a hole through her cheek. “I…uh,” she began while her mind raced for excuses, “I just want to go over to Tuyen’s place and see if she got home alright. The food is for you. I hope you like it.” And with that she rushed into her bedroom, rushed to get her clothes on, and then rushed toward the front door. Before she closed the door behind her, Shu-shu locked eyes with Yuuta, mouthed an I’m sorry, and then felt her chest burst into a gazillion pieces.

OOC: zee end of this chapter.
Last edit by Deleted: May 27, 2013 22:44:35 GMT -6