The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

yuuta's letters of home

Anonymous
Jul 25, 2012 2:04:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 25, 2012 2:04:04 GMT -6

Dear mother,
I've decided to take up writing letters. It's been a while since you've left and, no matter how much I love you, my schedule was filled up to the point that I barely had time to eat. I do appreciate your letters, though. They have served as the thing I look forward to every so often. I read them over and over again. I miss you.

In your last letter you said that you've been progressing in health lately though you fainted in your afternoon walk. I just thought I would say something about the fact you've been used to different climates and the colder air is different on your body. Take it slow.

In this letter I have enclosed a few teabags of assorted tea, all prepared by myself. I wish I had listened when you taught me how to brew tea properly, to get the best flavor out of it. My newest roommate -a cook- can't even do it right and I've been craving a good cup of tea, no matter what the flavor. Noodles, on the other hand, I've been doing fairly well at.

My work as an apprentice is going fairly well. Sometimes I wish the old man would actually pay me though the knowledge he gives me is invaluable. I would just enjoy a full night's rest instead of working at the warehouse all day. The warehouse is fine, but it's mindless repetition. No wonder they're hiring me to do it at twelve yuans a hour- who in their right mind would want to do that?

Enough for now; I will send more letters and gifts soon.

With all my love and hopes,

Yuuta
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 25, 2012 2:04:55 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 6, 2012 13:47:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 6, 2012 13:47:17 GMT -6

Dear mother,
I apologize greatly for my lack of letters. After your letter of no progress on your condition, I found myself a bit lost and without hope. If it doesn't look like you'll get better, would you like to come back? Though it would be slightly problematic for a few reasons, I'd rather have you here in your final moments rather than so many miles away.

I met a girl from the northern water tribe, her name is Emi. She said she knew you and your healer. She's got a lovely personality; its very strong and independent. What troubles me is that she ran away after an engagement and that she's five years younger than I. Should I let that get to me, or is this kind of happiness right? I've never had an experience in relationships plus the fact I only had one parent. Not that I'm complaining, but growing up with an example would have been handy to use in a situation like this.

Also, thinking that you might not make it... Its had me wondering. Who is my father? You don't have to answer, of course, but is it really something you'd take to the grave?

I'm sorry for this letter being so pessimistic. I'm a bit stressed with events around me. Have you heard of the Equalists? Because of their shenanigans everybody seems to their any nonbender is associated to them! Its rather bad for business at the herbalry.

I hope you're feeling better when you get this.

With all my love and hopes,

Yuuta
This user is a former member