The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Car Manufacturers

kgal
Jun 3, 2012 16:30:30 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jun 3, 2012 16:30:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
In the FAQ, it's stated that you can only have combat-trained police officer metalbender. I may have been mistaken in reading that, but I was wondering...

Do metalbenders create the frames for Cabbage cars/Satomobiles? I didn't think they had the heavy machinery to automatically shape the metal as it needed to be. And would this conflict with any metalbender?

I was just wondering. If it turns out that the rule is, you must be a police officer to use metalbending in combat, but anyone else who is able to metalbend is okay (so long as they don't use it in combat), then maybe this question isn't necessary.

Still, give me thoughts/judgements if you can =] Thanks!
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 3, 2012 17:03:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 3, 2012 17:03:09 GMT -6

We allow metalbenders in factories, but the understanding there is that the player will NOT use the metalbending in combat (ie. you can't have a metalbending probender, and there needs to be a good reason as to why/how your character learned to bend metal in the first place).
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 3, 2012 17:06:15 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hm. We don't know too much about Cabbage Corp, but in the "Welcome to Republic City" minigame there are a handful of machines along the assembly lines of Future Industries. It's not inconceivable, considering that Sato was:

Able to construct mechs

that he had made heavy machinery for his company as well. Considering that Future Industries is modeled after the origins of Ford automoblies, I don't think that there would be too much deviation from it. :]]

The only benders I could potentially see would be fire "welders" from the minigame. Unless we see otherwise (either from Cabbage Corp or Future), I am hesitant in allowing non-Police metalenders.

:]]
This user is Mod
kgal
Jun 3, 2012 17:09:57 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jun 3, 2012 17:09:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay =] Thanks for both of your answers. Hopefully we'll see more as the series go on, but you never know.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 3, 2012 17:21:52 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
:] any time!
This user is Mod