The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Language Of Flowers [Airi]

Anonymous
Jul 4, 2012 14:25:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 4, 2012 14:25:51 GMT -6

His sight, utter darkness. His touch, the air of the room and the vines against his back. His smell, that of moisture and growing flora. His taste, the cactus juice he'd blended with jasmine tea last night. His hearing... something dripping, and the circulation of the air in the room. It was all pretty much perfect, the perfect setting for a good night's sleep in the back of his flower shop, aside perhaps for the taste he had in his mouth. The excitement provided by the cactus juice melded with the calmness of the tea had knocked him right out the night before, it wasn't a beverage he'd try again anytime soon... But aside from that, he was sleeping very well.

That was until a series of things happened. For starters, a ray of light conveniently angled at his face came through the window and turned his darkness into... an unpleasant feeling against his eyelids. It made him want to turn around, but his makeshift hammock disagreed, and he began slipping between two lianas in an uncomfortable fashion. And since bad things always occurred three at a time, he began hearing the buzzing of some insects against the window, either trying to come in or to get out. That was his cue, the day had officially started.

Riku opened his black eyes, as slowly as his laziness and omnipresent sleepiness imposed, and moved his left leg all the way through the vines of his hammock, allowing the rest of his body to follow it just as lazily. Sleeping on a bed - on his bed - had been an option last night, as with any other night. But not only did he favor sleeping in a hammock thanks to its comfort, but he was also in no state to walk over to his bed and slip inside. Leaping onto the vines and using his bending to keep them steady was a lot easier.

Once his entire body was on the ground, the young florist inhaled deeply, using the bit of moisture and big amount of air inside his lungs to keep his sleepiness at bay long enough, and pushed himself up to a crouching position. From this point of view, he looked at the room he was in to assess what tasks would be required and in what order. Since the sun had hit his face, he could assume that he'd have to open his shop in the next hour, which meant he would have to carry the stands of flowers out front. But before that, he needed to water them and evacuate all the moisture from the shop, while not forgetting to give the proper lighting to the plants that needed it as they stayed here in the back... Especially the moon flowers.

It already felt tiring. Fortunately, he did not have any gardening duties to perform today. He was not really in shape for this. Mustering more strength, he stood up entirely and began stepping towards the door with the intent of getting some breakfast... But realizing he needed to do something else first, he stopped his advance and passed a half asleep gaze over the window. With his right hand pointing towards it, he made a circling motion that bent a liana in its direction, lifting the window pane to allow insects to get through. He then proceeded through the door.

Twenty minutes later, he came back completely clean and awake, apparently have eaten breakfast, taken a soothing shower and dressed in his usual green and brown garb. And so, with much motivation and confidence, he began watering every one of the flowers with his bending. Gently and with much care, he walked past each row of plants with floating orbs of water in his hands, and hosed the flower pots just the right amount. It made his mood rocket to feel how the plants were being rejuvenated, to sense the water moisture in the air being slowly replaced by the feeling and scent of living vegetation... at least that's how he was taking it.

One of his carnivorous plants closed itself. Riku chuckled at the sight, wondering if there could one day be an insect that would figure out that carnivorous plants were dangerous for its kind, and maybe warn the others... It made him remember about his past, and about his family. That rift between both his parents that even they didn't know about, the fact that they could both, at any given time, become predator and prey by accident and end up making the second worst mistake they ever made... It was a sad situation, and a heavy, burdening truth for Riku to keep. His smile quickly faded, as he once again reminded himself that they were better off not knowing about one another. They were both carnivorous plants in this case, and he wouldn't let them risk eating each other. The situation was complicated enough as it stood.

Every window of the shop was then opened, and within the following twenty minutes, he managed to carry all the crates of flowers from the backroom to the front store - trying to put his ordeal in the back of his mind had made it simpler and faster. All that was needed now was the customers. The front door was wide open, the panda lilies were beautiful and welcoming, the moon flowers were shyly blooming on the top shelves, the cacti were carefully displayed against walls, where nobody could get hurt unless they wanted to, jasmine flowers were almost everywhere in the shop, and so on. It had been such a hassle to acquire some of these specimen and keep them alive... But they were selling rather nicely.

The doors were now open. A smile on his face, Riku decided to make the flowers happy with a series of qigong moves. Even though it was mostly a motion to make chi circulate, he doubted the flowers would mind that detail. A bit of Tai Chi made everyone feel better.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 24, 2012 17:36:20 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 4, 2012 16:15:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 4, 2012 16:15:25 GMT -6

Airi dug through the pile of soft clothes, trying to find something to wear, frantic for reasons not many people experienced. Most of her usual clothes were taken off to the wash or waiting to be stitched back up. Besides the soft skirts and the loose shorts, she had nothing she could wear to cover her arms. She needed something - anything - to cover her arms, but her gloves were taken and sh didn't own many long sleeved shirts.

"Airi!" her mother chided. "We need some errands done. We can't wait any longer!"

That's right, she thought to herself. We need more flour and eggs, but isn't today the day off? Can't I take my time? Airi exasperatedly looked at the pile of clothes and picked out a long white skirt and a red and black top. The shirt's sleeves barely went past her elbows, not even covering the worst of the burns, but it was the best she had for the time being.

She ran down the stairs, pushing herself against the wall to get past her brother. "Hey!" Aisen yelled, but she slipped into shoes, grabbing the paper next to them and was out the door too quickly for her to really hear what he said. The only thing on her mind was to get the stuff as fast as possible. Airi hated the scars on her arms, caused by one too many fire accidents with her bending spanning from years ago to months ago. None of them were too bad, but there were so many, it wasn't too pretty of a sight to look at.

The flour wasn't too far from here, but the eggs were. Depending on what else her family needed, she could adjust her route so she wouldn't have to cross her own path's too many times. She looked at the list, surprised to see that floral plants were on the list. Had her mom decided to take up gardening? Or was this some tactic to make their shop more attractive? Now, where a flower shop? There had to be one around here somewhere.

Crumpling up the paper in her hand, she made a run down a street - one that she thought had one of those shops. "Oh! There!" she said to herself, slowing down, barely tired from the small run and entered the sweet smelling shop.

"Hi!" she chimed, holding her hands behind her back to hide her arms. "I need some flowers."
Anonymous
Jul 4, 2012 17:28:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 4, 2012 17:28:20 GMT -6

Merely two minutes of waving his arms around, and the flowers displayed in Riku's store already seemed to be more radiant with life and beauty. It was making the young florist so happy, and so serene... He was in the middle of his element, here. Running away from his family problems was the best choice he had ever made, and if he had ever doubted it before, then today his resolve about it had been strengthened. Nothing could make him more happy than taking care of plants... He took another deep breath and began spinning slowly in the middle of the flower shop, gracefully enough that he wouldn't knock down the sunflower pots he had hanged from the ceiling.

Suddenly, somebody spoke from the entrance of the shop. Both startled and happy, the young Waterbender stopped spinning in a slow fashion and finished his movement with a polite bow. "Welcome to my flower shop ! I'm happy to receive you here, and I'll do my best to give you exactly what you're looking for !" He replied, almost like a text he had memorized. It was actually the kind of words he said in the morning, to the first customer, in order to wish himself good luck for the rest of the day and set the mood right. When he rose back up, Riku realized it was a young woman that had entered. It wasn't enough to make him embarrassed, but still he'd kind of just made a tiny fool out of himself with this cheesy welcome.

But this was quickly dismissed with a shrug. At least, now she could expect this shop to be a good spot to get flowers. Maybe she could talk about it with her friends, and Riku would get more customers with word getting around !! He would definitely not mind being visited by women more often, flower suited them so finely. "So, flowers. I can find what you need." He told her, crossing his arms in front of him and posing like an expert in flowers.

He made his way to the central part of the store, where he had hanged a couple of pots with bushes of purple sweet smelling flowers sticking out almost comically. "If you need something with good perfume and attractive color, I can suggest lavender. Set in the middle of a room, it will literally change the entire atmosphere in which you live and fill it up with sweetness... sometimes too much. The only downside is that it doesn't last particularly long, and loses its charm when it wilts." He explained to his customer. Then he pointed at the black and white flowers that were right next to the girl near the entrance. "Those are panda lilies. Rare flowers that I have trouble finding and growing, only near Mount Makapu out of town... These are a symbol of pure and lasting love among flowers, because normally you'd have to put a lot of effort into finding it. They're meant for 'the one', if you know what I mean."

Riku then stepped a bit closer to the girl, and pointed at the large batch that was near their feet, on the ground. "These are yellow buttercups. I don't advise planting those in a garden, they may be cute but they are kind of... very invasive. I prefer red ones myself, they're a lot more gentle with other plants, but I don't have any for sale at the moment..." The young florist explained, his black eyes almost brightening with every flower he talked about. Hopefully, he had offered good advice to the young woman.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 24, 2012 17:36:39 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 4, 2012 21:04:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 4, 2012 21:04:06 GMT -6

Airing couldn't believe she was being welcomed like that. No, she wasn't referring to the way he welcomed her, more the fact he welcomed her. Finding nice, open people were somewhat rare these days. Well, and he looked very relaxed with the twirling and the bow. She should visit random stores more often!

"Thank you," she replied, hoping that her words would put him at ease. He looked a bit embarrassed, from what she could tell. She merely followed her about the store, listening to him talk. Sadly, those words didn't really get to her, simply going in one ear and out the other. The vibrant flower colors distracted her, each one so uniquely shaped and colored.

Snapping back to reality, she managed to catch a few important words such as "rare flowers", "the one" and "invasive". From experience, she knew conversations required feedback from the listener. Not wanting to give away the fact she was distracted, she nodded softly a few times. This guy seemed to really know his plants from the way he talked and the look in his eyes, but she doubted his knowledge would be any use to her. The list only said flowers.

"I wish my mom left some better notes," Airing mumbled to herself softly. Knowing herself, her mother probably talked about it last night and she either didn't listen or forgot. "Oh, um, I'm sorry, but I don't know what type my mom wants. We have a bakery, so if she wants it for inside, I don't think something fragrant. What's just... pretty?" she asked, hoping he didn't think she was an idiot. School was full of people who pointed out her disabilities,or couldn't understand them, so she had enough of that.

"But... I do really like these," she said, looking at the panda lilies. With an outstretched arm, she began to touch the petals, having forgotten she was not wearing her gloves. They felt soft to the touch. "How much are these?"

OOC : sorry, I posted this from my phone
Anonymous
Jul 7, 2012 13:26:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2012 13:26:11 GMT -6

The swampbender blinked a few times, expecting to hear the choice of this young woman any time. The look on her face was telling him that she was a bit uncertain, but not because he hadn't convinced her or anything - or maybe because she wasn't going to get convinced by what he said... Oh wait, from the sound of it, the choice was not her call. That troubled Riku a lot, because he wouldn't be able to provide good advice based on the wants and needs of someone who wasn't there. This was going to be a bit tougher.

The florist crossed his arms, and tried to think about it carefully. A baker, who had a daughter, and wanted some flowers... What kind could she possibly have in mind ? If it was for a special occasion, like a birthday or some other happy family event, then it would- no, that didn't make sense. Flowers were something you picked yourself for special occasions. Besides, this woman would know about it, if that were the case... Then it was probably for decoration, which meant something cute but simple.

"Well... everything's pretty. Now, if you want something that's 'just pretty', I can't really help you. Flowers are more than just pretty." He simply stated. His black gaze went to the left, back to the lavender he had presented before. It would certainly be good for decoration, and their smell was a rather agreeable one. It could make their customers really soft when asking for bread... But their longevity might be a problem if they stayed in an environment as hot a bakery.

Before he managed to wrap his head around the right type of flower, Riku's customer showed interest in panda lilies... It made him feel a bit embarrassed. They were probably the most expensive flowers he had, especially in comparison to their size. He actually had to sell them in bundles with a price cut, otherwise people wouldn't buy single pieces... Their single value was definitely worth their flower meaning, but he didn't want to feel like ripping people off.

He cleared his throat, making sure to set the price far into the back of his mind. "These... are not what you're looking for." He just said, before putting a hand on the girl's shoulder and motioning to move on to another batch of flowers. "They may be beautiful, and you may be beautiful, but they're not suited for you. Your mother probably wants what is beautiful and keeps your bakery lovely. Something that says longevity. Something that retains its effect.... Let's see. Camellia would probably be good, but amaranth too. Maybe a bit too cute ? Peach blossoms definitely means long life... or it could mean- are you married ? No wait, that would be a trap either way. Something else, then..."
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 24, 2012 17:37:03 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 7, 2012 21:21:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2012 21:21:31 GMT -6

He couldn't help her find something pretty, but he could help her find something even more pretty? Now that was just plain confusing. And then what did he mean by just more than "pretty"? This shop keeper kept on confusing her by the second. Airi stared at the flowers in front of her. Just what made them so special that this managed to confuse her? Then again, a lot of things confused her.

"What? Really?" she perplexedly asked. She thought the panda lilies were very pretty. Did the meaning of the plant have anything to do with decorating the shop? If it did, why did it matter? Though, what confused her even more what what he went on to say. "I'm beautiful?" Airi repeated. Sure, she was called cute by her father and 'interesting' by some of her neighbors, but to be called beautiful by a stranger? Not only was it embarrassing, but very random.

She decided best to leave that alone unless he responded and moved on to the other flowers. My, they were all so colorful! She looked at the ones he pointed out, thinking of the inside of their shop. She could only guess they would go there seeing as there was no reason they'd go in the back to their living space. No one other than her family would go back there, so it wouldn't do much for them to hide the plants.

"A trap?" Airi asked, wondering what peach blossoms meant. "How?" But soon after she asked, she forgot it, going to look at the camellia. They were very bold, but would that go with the bakery's layout? The white ones probably would, seeing as it was a brown color scheme.

"I'll take a couple of the camellia, then," she decided, knowing if she let the man continue talking on about the plants, she would get too confused and too lost here.
Anonymous
Jul 11, 2012 16:22:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 11, 2012 16:22:58 GMT -6

"Hmm... If your mother knows about the meaning of peach blossoms, she could use it as a means of getting you engaged without your-... huh ?" Riku said as his moment of flower thinking came to an end, with the decision made by his customer. It made him a bit skeptical at first, because he felt like she had settled for the camellia instead of really choosing them because she wanted to. He was the kind of florist who wanted to make sure his customers got exactly what they wanted out of his shop... But camellia were not really complicated flowers. "Well, yes. I guess camellia would be good for your bakery. They have a good scent but not too strong, they're very nice to look at, and they mean excellence !! They'll mean good luck for you and your mother's business, for sure." He said with a smile.

So the young Waterbender turned towards the infamous flowers, ready to pick out a number of them for his young customer, but then came to a sudden realization... There were more than one type of the flower. And although they were fairly similar, maybe there was one type that would fit them better... The easiest decision to make was to simply pick the simple flowered bunches, but maybe the double flowered ones would look cuter for people looking to buy from a bakery. It was the kind of detail that he should probably try to find out.

His hand reached out to grab two of the simple ones, delicately, by the stem, and he handed them to the young lady. "I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. Camellia are known to be the queens of ornamental flowers, and- wait, maybe princesses. Roses are also very famous... Anyway, you'll definitely feel the change in atmosphere." He explained to her "...But, I 'm probably speaking too much and confusing you with details you don't need. I'm sorry !"

He looked at the flowers right next to what he just picked from, staring at the double flowered camellias he had decided to ignore this time around. Usually, he would rather want to give the most intricate kind because it was the logical choice for people's decorative needs... Would he be the one to regret it later ? '...Not supposed to think that now, Riku ! Get back to what you were doing !' He scolded himself.

"I'm... not wasting your time with my rambling, am I ? It's just that... I want people to like my flowers both before and after they buy them. And not just because of how they look. Flowers are also feelings, you know..." He told her, a pitiful expression on his face.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 11, 2012 16:23:22 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 14:46:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 14:46:14 GMT -6

"Excellence? Airi repeated happily. That was so cool! Her mom would love that! Hopefully, other people would know the same thing and think that it was a sign about their bread. It would be weird if he was the only one that knew this kind of stuff and he was just telling her for sport when it wasn't going to matter once she stepped out of the shop. "I'll take... a half a dozen, then?" she said. That would be enough for a vase or two to decorate the shop and if they ever needed more, she could just come back here and get more!

"Oh, that's interesting," she said thoughtfully when he started to mention royal statuses. Yeah, roses seemed to always be the most known flower. You always hear people talking about roses or getting them for their dates or as an apology after a fight, so by now, the whole rose thing began to seem extremely overused to her. And she could never get why people liked those flowers as perfume anyways. Airi always found food-smelling perfumes to be so much nicer, like pumpkin!

She giggles lightly when he apologized. "You have nothing to worry about. I think it's very nice. Besides, why shouldn't they have feelings? They're alive just like us! Even though... well, they can't talk or move or... uh... Anyways! Don't worry; I get it," she rambled, feeling a bit awkward with her words. Besides, her father did the same thing with bread, saying how each kind of bread needed to be treated a different way for it to be the best it could be, which was odd seeing as her mom was originally the one who did the business.

"How many yuans will that cost me?" she asked with a smile.
Anonymous
Jul 16, 2012 17:56:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 16, 2012 17:56:00 GMT -6

Oh great ! There were two sighs of relief, one mental and one physical, following the lady customer's reaction, and it felt so refreshing ! He didn't want it to be too confusing since he barely knew this woman, and it was bad to scare away customers with weird speeches - such as his overflow of love for flowers. It was good to see that this one was rather into it as well, maybe she would become a regular... for the flowers, of course.

He smiled back at her. Since she sounded so okay with it, Riku had to fight the urge to keep on talking about flowers, and their overall life - maybe even their history, since some of them had had different meanings and uses throughout the time periods... but he didn't know about all of them, so it was likely to get confusing even for him if he went down that road. Instead, he just gave her what she was requesting. With a silent and careful hand, he began picking the number of flowers she was requesting. "Let's see. Half a dozen is a small bouquet, so that'll be five yuans." He told her, walking over to get something to wrap the camellia into.

As he got in front of the desk where everything he needed was supposedly at, he began wondering which method was the most practical and beautiful at the same time. And although this should have been a question that would normally require minutes of reflection and observation, the young florist just pulled out a sheet of green cloth to be unfolded carefully, and then placed the camellia in an orderly fashion inside it. "I recommend putting them in a vase as soon as you get home... And maybe split them two or three by vase if you can, it'll make them look good. Kind of like the frame of a painting, or something like that."

His hands then proceeded with slowly and neatly wrapping the cloth around the stems. The trick was to not squeeze them, otherwise the plant would be damaged all the way, and also to avoid doing anything to the petals by accident. He'd become very precise at doing that, seeing his work was making him feel proud of himself. Putting them directly in some vase would have been easier, but considering that she was on an errand, he didn't want her to have to carry anything more cumbersome... Not to mention, the flowers would get to breathe more easily that way. So, with that done, he handed the bouquet out to the young lady.

...Maybe now was the time for some advertisement ? If she could recommend his shop to other people, his business would get more famous and his flowers would spread even more joy ! Who knows, maybe it would allow him to diversify the species he sold even more. "So, um... If you need any other flower service, just come find me. My shop is open all week long from sunrise to sunset and- well, I don't have a very fixed schedule anyway." He tried saying "...I also do gardening, if you have weeds to take care of, or maybe hedges... all that green stuff. Flower arranging as well, but those are for the most regular clients... And- no, that's about it." A smile flashed on his face, as he tried to be as serene as possible to end this awkward exchange. It had been awkward for him, at least.

"Tell your friends... and customers, I guess. I'm Riku, the florist."
Anonymous
Jul 16, 2012 20:12:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 16, 2012 20:12:34 GMT -6

Oh! Five yuans for six flowers? That sounded like a nice deal, but she had never bought flowers before so she had no idea how they were supposed to be priced. Five yuans sounded good enough for the flowers especially since they looked so well kept and fragrant and pretty. She began to dig through her skirt pockets, looking for the amount of cash he was asking for. She felt a few coins in one pocket, and a few papers in the other and tried to count them in her pocket so she wouldn't have to take them out.

Suddenly, her mind grew fuzzy and her eyes were stuck looking at what they saw last as she spaced out. Though she was looking at the table the florist was using to wrap up the flowers with, she wasn't actually interested in it. Tilting her head to the side slightly, she slowly came back to reality, though her mind stayed a bit fuzzy. She only fully realized everything when he began to talk again, something about putting something in vases and splitting them. Huh?

Oh! She was at a flower shop! He must be giving her tips about flowers and stuff! But what was she doing at a floral shop? Instinctively, she checked her hands for any written words only to find them disappointingly clean. She didn't have any notes on her fingers nor a paper in her hands. "Eep!" she squeaked, noticing she didn't have her gloves. Where were they? She looked at her clothes, hoping for a clue. Laundry day! That's it! She hid her arms behind her back and wracking through her head, trying to remember what was going on.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I don't need any flowers," she told him, taking a few steps back, giving him an apologetic smile. She hadn't a clue what this guy was saying at all. Gardening? Had she asked him about that? Of course not! They didn't have any space for one, unless they wanted one of the hanging garden things. Things were confusing... had she forgotten something? She searched through her pockets, trying to find her paper list of chores but to no avail.

"Did I come in here with a scrunched up paper?" she asked. Perhaps she lost it! Sadly, if she did, there would be no way for her to trace her steps as she had forgotten them.
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2012 20:04:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2012 20:04:31 GMT -6

It was a bit weird and disorienting. Riku had his eyes wide open and it didn't change anything to what he was witnessing. This young lady had changed in the blink of an eye, she was now a bit different from how she was just a minute ago. It was like the last few moments they'd been talking about flowers had never existed, she didn't remember asking for the flowers and having trouble deciding... The young florist stared at her for about a dozen seconds, blinking a few times, trying to figure out the situation from just mere observation.

But it was impossible. Aside from the fact that she looked a little less comfortable than before, it was impossible for him to tell why she'd suddenly changed her mind - or her memories ? - but it didn't prevent him from being an agreeable shopkeeper nonetheless. When she inquired about a scrunched paper, Riku tried to remember what she looked like when she came in... He was positive that she'd mentioned a list, and that the flowers were a request by her mother. Oh, and he thought he remembered her holding something at one point, but was it really a piece of paper ? He couldn't guess what else it could be, but at the same time he was very uncertain at the time.

"Hmm... I really can't say. I don't remember correctly." He said, scratching his head with a very wandering gaze, due to the confused state he was stuck in. His black gaze tried to focus mainly on the flowers and on the customer, but it was proving a bit tough for the young man. His thoughts were racing faster than he usually allowed them, as the situations were never this... sudden. At some point he did as he usually did. Cast away everything complicated. Narrow it all down to one simple and contenting course of action.

Tai Chi. He set the flowers a bit further on the counter - who knew, maybe she was going to take them in the end - and stood in a straight up position with his arms spread apart like a cross. He then made his arms wiggle like waves, while swinging from left to right with his upper body. "Was there anything important on that paper ? Something else your mother might have needed from you ?" He asked her... And to think the second simplest course of action, in his mind, was to simply start looking for the paper inside the store.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 24, 2012 17:37:21 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 14:20:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 14:20:02 GMT -6

The guy in front of her seemed irresponsible for a few moments. Airi actually began to count how long it took him to snap out from his daze and stop acting weird. She hadn't tried to buy any flowers! She had been on her way to pick up the usual things, like flour, eggs and milk. Wait... she had been doing that, right? This was definitely not a place she had visited before. Was it even on her route to the suppliers? The firebender tried to keep her routes constant, or at least that's how she ended up doing things.

She rocked herself on the balls of her heels, keeping her hands behind her back as she chewed on her cheeks, still waiting for some kind of confirmation of some kind, or even notice that she was there, standing in the room with him. Should she just leave? Still there was the question of how she ended up here. Should she ask him? No... that would look strange, but it wasn't something that didn't happen rarely, either. All the friendly homeless knew she could be like this and were always very helpful. This guy... no, he wasn't giving her anything thing at all to work with.

"Oh, okay," she said, disappointed. So she didn't even come in here with a paper. That was odd; she never went anywhere on a week day without a paper. Well then, what if she got the day wrong and she had been trying to buy flowers on her day off?! "What day is it? Like... day of the week?" she asked, hoping for a better response this time.

Uh, okay, now things were just getting weird for her. What was he doing? The motions with his body seemed very out of place and awkward -for her-, though he looked like he was doing... whatever he was doing. "Er... usually I just have a list of things I need to do. I have a poor memory."
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 22, 2012 14:20:24 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 24, 2012 17:52:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2012 17:52:54 GMT -6

"Today... It's Tuesday. Why are you-" He began replying after stopping his motion in a tree-like stance, until it sort of hit him. She had also forgotten the date... It felt graver than it probably was, and to be honest Riku was almost ready to call an ambulance. He had no idea what else he could do, anyway. The girl didn't want to buy any flowers, so she didn't really belong in the flower shop. But at the same time, she had come in here with a reason, even though she had forgotten it. And now, he just... couldn't let her go. Was there a problem with him, then ?

She was saying she had a hard time remembering things, and Riku nodded sort of nonchalantly, none the wiser. His gaze seemed fixed on the girl's face for a moment. He was not thinking about anything complicated anymore, the Tai Chi was paying off. His thoughts were sort of being vaporated inside his head, leaving room only for simplicity. She was standing here, inside the flower shop, without intention of buying flowers. He was a florist, and he was also a nice and calm person. She was a cute an nice looking woman, and she was having trouble with her memories. He was curteous and helpful whenever he could...

Nope, that was not leading him anywhere. His gaze broke off from the customer's face after this while was over, still as lost as before. He didn't really know how to handle situations like these, she was acting too weird for his standards - and he was already weird enough with his... 'trying to keep things simple' nonsense. Well, there was this thing his mother had told him once about girls. Sometimes they needed space, so it was best to leave them alone.

With that in mind, Riku turned to the side, almost like a ghost - arms along his body, only using his feet to turn, and gaze fixed in front of him without really looking anywhere - and made a step forward to leave her to regaining her senses. But while making that step, the florist tried thinking about how it had turned out the last time he listened to his mother... Oddly, the memory got him locked in the middle of his stepping motion, as if his other foot would not lift off the soil and make him move forward.

He then remembered something else his mother had told him. Girls tended to cry when they felt ignored, and making a girl cry was the worst thing he could ever do. That he might end up dead from doing that... "This is ridiculous." He said to himself, chasing those memories away and turning back to face the young lady customer. "I have rosemary and lilac in the back. They both have a certain knack for remembering. And it's going to be a while until I get a ruch of customers... If I go and give you some for free, will you just sit down over a cup of tea and talk to me so that this situation can finally be resolved ? For both your sake and mine." He suggested, his hands joined in kindness.
Anonymous
Jul 29, 2012 14:32:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 29, 2012 14:32:22 GMT -6

Tuesday, huh? Yeah, she was without a doubt that she should have been carrying a paper. Now only to find where she had dropped it. Was it here or outside? She couldn't even remember which path she took to get here so retracing her steps was not an option at this point. Dang it. The only lead she was going to have was this guy. This... really weird guy. He seemed extremely non-responsive for a while, almost like he was in a daze. The thought of poking him to see if he noticed passed, though she did not act on it. One weirdness does not equal out another weirdness.

Finally, after looking like he was about to walk off, he turned back to her, offering her tea and free flowers in a kind voice but with words of irritation. 'Can finally be resolved'? Had she been doing this a couple of times? It's happened before, but usually at that point, people tell her what she's been doing, get whatever she needed (and paying, of course) before suggesting she go home for a nap. "I couldn't impose!" she said, partly because it seemed like she was on some kind of bad side of his. Did she do something offensive? Did he have something against mental problems? It's not like she could control it...

"I'll just look for my paper," she said with a slight nod of her head, but with a smile, hoping that by not accepting his offer that she had somehow offended him. She was the one with the problem and she was the one that dropped the paper. She would find it. With a thank you for his offer, she began to wander around his shop, looking at the ground, near the plans (even on them; you never know where something could end up) and at the entrance. Still, she could not spot the crumpled paper. Maybe she should just head home and ask her mom for another one.

"If I came here to buy flowers, I'm sorry if I forgot. How much were they?" she asked, reaching into her skirt pocket once more, fishing around for a few bills and a handful of coins.
Anonymous
Aug 3, 2012 16:24:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 3, 2012 16:24:39 GMT -6

Alright, so it hadn't gone exactly as planned. She wouldn't impose. "But I insist." He immediately responded, only blinking a couple of times as a reaction. The sound a of a carnivorous plant closing itself chimed at his ear, then she said she'd just have to look for her paper... It was probably the first time ever Riku felt sorry for the poor insect that got eaten by the plant. Probably because he was trying to see his situation in another way, and the comparison with the carnivorous plant was the easiest at hand.

The young woman then left to look for her paper around the flower shop, leaving Riku in that small space between a few flowers. He wanted to move after her and either try to convince her again to take him up on his offer, or try to help her find the paper... But he didn't recall seeing a paper, and once again the lesson his mother taught him was coming back to the surface. It was probably best to leave her with her space right now. Besides, who knew, perhaps she would get lucky and find it right away.

The young florist just turned heels and walked over to the back of his shop, staring at his vine hammock with some sort of loss in his eyes... Maybe he was feeling too involved for his own good. In trying to keep things from being too complicated he wanted hold them together by himself and it just was not enough. He'd never tried letting go, though. He didn't think it would work - he always thought that was more or less what he was doing - but what if it did ?

He turned around once more, looking at the flowers he had stocked in here. Maybe one of them had something to say about this, either to encourage or berate him. The daisies over there were - nope. Enough relying on the flowers. This was something he could do on his own, he was a strong intelligent young man... He would most likely figure something out. How to keep a man's life simpler, bonus chapter.

So Riku walked back out of the back room, and stood behind the counter just as the customer was asking about how much she was going to pay. Riku did not answer at first, not exactly sure how he felt about making her pay when she didn't even remember that she was buying flowers. He coughed a little, and then the words seemed to come rather easily. "You came in here to buy flowers. I rambled on about what would be best, you found it interesting. You chose camellias, I rambled some more, you forgot. I was at a loss, I tried rambling again, it didn't work. I offered flowers for free, you refused." He explained in one deep breath, almost panting at the end of his small rambling. "You're a blossoming red tulip in my green garden, miss... You're confusing."

The carnivorous plant shut itself again, almost irritating the florist even though it usually wasn't the case. "...You picked half a dozen camellia, which is five yuans. They still mean excellence, which will be good for your- hold on a minute." He told the customer, before storming off past the counter and into the myriad of flowers that was right on the opposite stands in the room. Less than a minute later, he came back to the counter holding a small piece of paper covered in slime, which he presented to the lady. "This might be what you're looking for... Sometimes I think my carnivorous plant's smarter than it looks. And probably curious." He just said.