The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Focus on Energy... Bending

spode
Aug 26, 2012 1:08:41 GMT -6

Post by spode on Aug 26, 2012 1:08:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Seeing as Book 1 of The Legend of Korra primarily focused on the bloodbending skill.

What are the chances that Book 2 will focus more on the energybending skill since it's about the Spirit World?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 26, 2012 5:01:24 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I don't know. From the SDCC panel we seem to see a more supernatural element, like shadow/demon type creatures, so I think it will lean toward some sort of spirituality / bending issue. We also know from the SDCC panel that Korra can tap into the Avatar State willingly, so I think it would likely lean more toward a new, not-human threat.
This user is Mod
spode
Aug 30, 2012 22:19:54 GMT -6

Post by spode on Aug 30, 2012 22:19:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I wonder how Korra would handle not being able to bend in The Spirit World.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 31, 2012 8:30:08 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Well, Aang adjusted pretty quickly. Once he realized that he couldn't bend, he didn't. End of story. The only problem that would come is if she feels that she has to fight in the Spirit World for whatever reason, and of course, there's no bending in the Spirit World.
This user is Mod
spode
Sept 1, 2012 7:13:27 GMT -6

Post by spode on Sept 1, 2012 7:13:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
And she cannot even borrow Asami's electric glove or can she?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 1, 2012 11:42:04 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
spode Avatar
And she cannot even borrow Asami's electric glove or can she?

Of course not, that glove is an inanimate object - it's spiritless. How do you propose that Korra take it with her when she goes to the spirit world?

There has, to date, only been one non-Avatar to enter the spirit world, and that was the original General Iroh. Even then, I doubt he went in corporeally.
This user is Mod