The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

TLOK at San Diego Comic Con

Anonymous
Jul 1, 2012 19:44:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 1, 2012 19:44:27 GMT -6

So, I learned ten days ago via ASN's news feed that Korra was going to be at Comic Con this year. I don't know if anyone from here is going to be of attendance, but I thought I wasn't the only one who might want to say/hear things about it.

...And I guess, if those who aren't going have questions, they're welcome to ask them here. Or maybe those who don't know what Comic Con is.

If it's on your mind, just type it down ^^ *bows*
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Jul 3, 2012 17:26:32 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I wish I could go, but I'm a long way from San Diego and me is poor. Would sound cool to go there, though.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 3, 2012 18:16:13 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyen, Sir Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, and Martin Freeman will also be at SDCC in Hall H. I wish I could go SO BAD but tickets have sold out pretty much since the first day they went on sale. :|

—-

There were LOK reps at AnimeExpo though! Including Steve Blum, who read off a bunch of cheesy puns in his Amon voice:

This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 3, 2012 18:16:29 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 11, 2012 17:34:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 11, 2012 17:34:46 GMT -6

O.o Ian McKellen is a sir ??

Okay, okay, people !! Comic Con starts soon !! Like very soon !! I don't know if there are any people of the site going to attend, but if they read this I think it would be most interesting if we had some questions for them to ask the creators during the Q&A. That's just my opinion, but if not to get some drooltasting news about the show, at least to give TARP an edge. More specifically Knowledge... Bad puns, bad puns everywhere - Amon a boat, what ?

My questions are mainly about the time gap between Korra and Aang, because 70 years is a long time. I want to know everything there is to know about it, but I narrowed it down to five questions.

Did they do something about the development of the three nations, like they did for turning the Colonies into a Republic ?
How did the mainstreaming of inter-nation relationships spread ?
What happened to places like Omashu, the Foggy Swamp and Kyoshi Island ?
Were the characters from Aang era, the one-episode people and recurring people that have made an impression, ever involved in major stuff during this gap ?
Who's Lin's father ?

...Thanks in advance ? *bows*
Anonymous
Jul 11, 2012 17:57:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 11, 2012 17:57:28 GMT -6

It's really expensive to go to SDCC (and like Kami said tickets sell out almost instantly) — my husband and I went last year and we were only able to get tickets because I have a friend who is an industry professional (side note: she interned at Nick during the making of AtLA! Isn't that cool?). So, needless to say, we're not going this year. It's not feasible financially!
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 13:30:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 13:30:26 GMT -6

This is more just general new Korra info, but I guess since it was revealed at comic-con it can go here. A panel on Korra just ended and we got a whole bunch of new info on Book 2. I'll put the new info in spoiler tags for those who don't want to see it.

What we know about Book 2

• It takes place 6 months after book 1
  • In that time, Mako has become a cop and he and Korra have quit the Fire Ferrets, leaving Bolin as the team captain with two new members.
  • Book 2 is called "Spirit."
  • Concept art was shown for evil spirits which Korra will have to fight in some way
  • We get a big look at the Southern Water Tribe
  • Kya and Bumi will be main characters in Book 2
  • Looks like some people get new outfits
  • Bolin gets a potential love interest

Also, This lovely tumblr user has been posting pictures of the concept art shown at the panel, if you want to check that out.

That's all I know for now, since I haven't actually watched the panel, and am getting info second-hand from Tumblr. Just thought I ought to share what I've heard.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 13, 2012 15:56:29 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 15:29:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 15:29:05 GMT -6

tenshio Avatar
This is more just general new Korra info, but I guess since it was revealed at comic-con it can go here. A panel on Korra just ended and we got a whole bunch of new info on Book 2. I'll put the new info in spoiler tags for those who don't want to see it.

What we know about Book 2

• It takes place 6 months after book 1
  • In that time, Mako has become a cop and he and Korra have quit the Fire Ferrets, leaving Bolin as the team captain with two new members.
  • Book 2 is called "Spirit."
  • Concept art was shown for evil spirits which Korra will have to fight in some way
  • We get a big look at the Southern Water Tribe
  • Kya and Bumi will be main characters in Book 2
  • Looks like some people get new outfits
  • Bolin gets a potential love interest

That's all I know for now, since I haven't actually watched the panel, and am getting info second-hand from Tumblr. Just thought I ought to share what I've heard.

OwO... My soul just ascended. I have absolutely no idea when it's gonna come back down, if it ever is. I'm hoping it does before the airing of this second book. Thank you so much, Tenshio !

Makes me wonder what they'll have in store for the other books... I'm liking the Book titles pattern. It's like Book 1: Air is the sequel to Book 3: Fire and it goes on. Mesa likey ! ^^

izumi
Jul 13, 2012 15:46:33 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 13, 2012 15:46:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I may have actually just died. *checks pulse* Nope, but still that is heart-stopping information.

I cannot wait to see what type of people Kya and Bumi are. Hopefully one of them takes after Katara's temperament. All the Airbending children are just so Aang it's crazy :)

That last piece of info worries me. That girl better be a saint! *holds Bolin protectively*
This user is a guest
Last edit by izumi: Jul 13, 2012 15:55:55 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 13, 2012 15:52:34 GMT -6

*squealing*

- okay good
- so non-earth/metal cops will be okay by then i suppose
- bah quitting the ferrets
- go bolin
- likely will deal with korra being able to activate avatar state on a whim?
- ughhhhhhh more locations for TARP
- YAY.
- WOO CLOTHES
- ... nyeh. >_> I hope they do a better job than the Mako/Korra/Asami stuff
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 13, 2012 22:08:06 GMT -6

Sorry for the double post, this deserves it's own:

CONCEPT ART for book 2
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jul 13, 2012 22:18:27 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Evil spirits? Interesting. Not sure how I feel about that, for an entire season that is.I mean, sure, Aang did in a couple of times, but still...
I hope that Bolin's love interest is cool.
Glad that we'll see more of the way the Southern Water Tribe is now, and cool that we get to see more Kya and Bumi.

Concept art is awesome! I can't wait for Book 2.
This user is Mod
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 13, 2012 23:16:09 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 14, 2012 0:29:52 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 14, 2012 11:07:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 14, 2012 11:07:48 GMT -6

Okay the adult gAang, the concept art, and the video, all making me squeal like a little girl xP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Also so upset that I didn't tune in early enough cause they had coverage of Comic Con on tv, darnit.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 14, 2012 11:08:06 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 14, 2012 13:58:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Oh, the adult gAang is aweosme. They all look so cool.
This user is Mod