The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

How did you find TARP?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 22, 2012 14:06:43 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Just curious where our traffic is coming from, and how. :]
For returning members: feel free to vote as well, with how you originally found us.
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 22, 2012 14:07:11 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 22, 2012 14:22:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 22, 2012 14:22:59 GMT -6

I got into RPing about a year before joining and liked Avatar. I typed Avatar RP into Google and this is the first site that came up.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
May 22, 2012 15:08:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 22, 2012 15:08:37 GMT -6

TARP was my very first RP site, and it almost didn't happen. It was six years ago, I had just watched some ATLA episodes in French on tv and was looking for more on the internet - at that time, I spoke English about as good as your average American speaks French - and found the site. I had no idea what I was looking at but at some point understood the meaning of the word "character". I like to think I was the worst newbie ever...

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 22, 2012 15:10:25 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
joychmi Avatar
TARP was my very first RP site, and it almost didn't happen. It was six years ago, I had just watched some ATLA episodes in French on tv and was looking for more on the internet - at that time, I spoke English about as good as your average American speaks French - and found the site. I had no idea what I was looking at but at some point understood the meaning of the word "character". I like to think I was the worst newbie ever...

Hahahaha, you weren't our worst newbie by any means. The language barrier was REALLY tough back then, but we knew it wasn't your first language so we didn't mind :]
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 23, 2012 16:01:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 23, 2012 16:01:41 GMT -6

I ran a search on Google for Avatar: the Last Airbender roleplaying in some wording or another, and this was the first result. (:
jin
May 23, 2012 16:10:53 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 23, 2012 16:10:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Google was my best friend that day. It took a bit of digging, and I had to be very specific in the search when I actually found the site. Everything else kept sending me to dead sites and it was infuriating.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 23, 2012 16:53:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 23, 2012 16:53:11 GMT -6

Over 6 years ago I was searching for I believe music from the show and as I was just browsing Google I happened to find a thread that talked about which song remind you of the characters. I then looked at the post thought they were some good ideas and left. Then like a month or so later I wanted to find this site again but I could not for the life of me remember what the URL was. However, thanks to my photographic memory I remembered the old, old, old, background that had a picture of each of the main characters in the background and by keeping that in mind and remembering how I found this site in the first place I then started to search Google. After about 10 mins or so I happened to find the site again and just browsed through the place and then realized that it was a site for RPing. At this point I had only seen a tiny bit of Role Playing from a friend...(who also at one point was a member on this site) and decided to try writing a terrible fanfiction. I then left the site since I felt bad that I had broken a rule or two I don't remember what it was and then about a month later I rejoined and have been here ever since....and that was six years ago....when I was still in Middle School....
Anonymous
Aug 12, 2012 18:47:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 12, 2012 18:47:00 GMT -6

As I have a bit of a bad memory (not as bad as Airi, thank goodness), I can't quite remember, though I know I didn't find it with Google. I think I might have been looking for a LoK role play to join since the show was so addictive, I thought I would die from lack of it for the next... however long it was. I might have used proboards support and their search engine to scan through the advertisement section.

I really regret not having gotten into this site sooner; It seems like everyone is so closely bonded after years. For the past few years, I've rarely been on a site for longer than a few months due to the fact each site would become dead. Still, I'm glad I found this site and I plan to stick to it as long as I possibly can ^^
taedxoa
Oct 3, 2012 6:40:00 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 3, 2012 6:40:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Don't feel bad Airi! *patpats* You fit in just fine, and think, in seven years someone will be saying that they wish they'd been around as long as you!

Mine was Google. It was that long ago for me so I don't remember the exact terms but I'm inclined to believe it was "avatar the last airbender rpg" (the only part I'm sure of is the "rpg"). I found the site, less than a month old, and such was my Avatarmania that I registered right away and started PMing crazy ideas to Karena. xD
This user is a guest
reimisora
Oct 14, 2012 21:00:15 GMT -6

Post by reimisora on Oct 14, 2012 21:00:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It wasn't that hard.
This user is a guest
torrential
Oct 25, 2012 5:41:14 GMT -6

Post by torrential on Oct 25, 2012 5:41:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I found TARP by searching for "avatar" on the ProBoards Support forum. :P
This user is a guest
kaendoro
Oct 25, 2012 11:37:01 GMT -6

Post by kaendoro on Oct 25, 2012 11:37:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
i found this wonderful little place through the Google search engine, surprisingly it was the first in the list c:

or is that surprising? this place is amazing after all xD
This user is a guest
Last edit by kaendoro: Oct 25, 2012 19:34:48 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Oct 25, 2012 13:13:45 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
It also doesn't hurt that it's called The Avatar RP either. :)

Sent from my Prism using proboards
This user is Mod
hizumi
Dec 15, 2012 19:11:24 GMT -6

Post by hizumi on Dec 15, 2012 19:11:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Avatar RP is what i looked up in google XD boom this site XD
This user is a guest
spode
Dec 16, 2012 19:59:46 GMT -6

Post by spode on Dec 16, 2012 19:59:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I guess just searching around and decided to register an account because of the awesome newspaper layout.
This user is a guest