The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

C-box? :0

delilah
Aug 16, 2013 13:08:18 GMT -6

Post by delilah on Aug 16, 2013 13:08:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hello! This is a beautiful site and all! :3 I'm Delilah, I have been rping for over 10 years on multiple proboards site. I was wondering if this site has a cbox for members to easily chat in? :/
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 16, 2013 13:51:20 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Sorry, we don't use a cbox! It's never really worked for us in the 7+ years we've been on the site.

We may contemplate attempting it again soon, but it's not something we have discussed as of this point.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Aug 16, 2013 13:53:16 GMT -6
Anonymous
Aug 16, 2013 22:23:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 16, 2013 22:23:44 GMT -6

it might help in the long run, especially given that this place is basically dead and in denial about not being dead.

at best, it's (to quote the greatest movie ever) mostly dead. but other than expanding the userbase or hoping that people begin to take interest again once KorraS2 swings around this time next month, I'd say it's a recipie for slow decay.

if nothing else, cboxes tend to keep the community together a bit better, allowing for random chatter and communication that people don't want to start a zillion threads for to spam up an entire forum. That, and for those who would try to abuse it, an active staffbase tends to keep things in check fairly well, and I'll give TARP that--it's got an active/dedicated staff that could keep it flowing smoothly, I reckon.

my $0.02 though. I've only been here 4 years, so I don't know the inner workings as well as most of the rest of y'all.
~Tenoko~
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 16, 2013 22:47:08 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
tenoko Avatar
it might help in the long run, especially given that this place is basically dead and in denial about not being dead.

at best, it's (to quote the greatest movie ever) mostly dead. but other than expanding the userbase or hoping that people begin to take interest again once KorraS2 swings around this time next month, I'd say it's a recipie for slow decay.

if nothing else, cboxes tend to keep the community together a bit better, allowing for random chatter and communication that people don't want to start a zillion threads for to spam up an entire forum. That, and for those who would try to abuse it, an active staffbase tends to keep things in check fairly well, and I'll give TARP that--it's got an active/dedicated staff that could keep it flowing smoothly, I reckon.

my $0.02 though. I've only been here 4 years, so I don't know the inner workings as well as most of the rest of y'all.
~Tenoko~

Thank you for your opinion on the matter, Fukui. :]] I am afraid I have to disagree about the cbox. TARP isn't my only RP site, and while cboxes help some communities it is not a hard and fast rule that it will help every community. I have seen communities flourish because of the cbox, and I have seen communities come to a screeching halt because of them. In our nearing 8 years of TARP, we have found the latter to be true. Right now we do not have enough activity to warrant a cbox, in the past no one was interested in a cbox, and so while we're not 100% against it at this point we're not really thinking one is going to be of use at this point in time. This may change in the future, but it is not something we are currently considering.

Also! We're not in denial about being dead, not at all. That is why the staff are trying to find ways to revitalise the site, though admittedly it's incredibly difficult when we all work 8+ hour days (in my case I work 5 days a week, 12 hrs or more / day).

We have plans for the site that we are all currently discussing, though if the activity level here is an issue for you, you are more than welcome to recruit members on your own time and we will review profiles as they come in!

:]
This user is Mod
Last edit: Aug 16, 2013 22:49:47 GMT -6