The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Lost, but found [Tag: Karena]

Anonymous
Jul 21, 2012 23:01:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2012 23:01:45 GMT -6

This had been the most tiring day that Jing had incurred in all the time he had been in Republic City. Walking from district to district, monument to monument, following the current of people through the twists and turns of the city famished the young man. Having only eaten once that day didn't help either, and that meal being in the early morning only made matters worse. Jing's fatigue and hunger were apparent in his behavior; holding his stomach, struggling to keep his eyes open, and his walk was not the sturdiest.

Jing came across Republic City Park, the one place he had avoided today. Why would he want to see more green than what was already on him? Ridiculous. But he was confused, and alone. It was getting dark outside, but Jing failed to notice that. Very few people were in the park at that hour and that was for good reason.

Republic City was not the safest place after hours. This was even more true at night. Thieves, gangs, and drunkards walked these areas in the late evening, and the park was a favorite spot for most of those mentioned. If Jing had been a bit more coherent, maybe he would have cared. But he wasn't, so he didn't.

Whilst wandering through the park, Jing came upon a wooden bench. He sat on this bench, and was beginning to nod off when he noticed a figure in the distance. In an effort to protect himself, he stomped the ground and created a wall of rock in front of the bench. He curled up in a ball, and waited to see if this stranger would continue.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Jul 22, 2012 11:17:02 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
He was bored. Ichiro had worked that morning, and had therefore, been given the night off. After reading a book for a bit, the Waterbender got bored. His parents would have told him to take it easy, because he always either working or training or doing something. It wasn’t that he didn’t like reading, but he could only do it for so long before he felt like he needed to be doing something, anything. Sometimes, he cleaned, but most of the time, he went out and trained. He enjoyed Waterbending. It was soothing, although when he didn’t complete a move the way he felt he should. Still, most of the time, he much rather be Waterbending than anything else.

After making it to the Park, he began to go through the movements. He was finally starting to get through the mental block he was having with this one move when he realized it was getting late. The brunet wanted to stay, but he knew that he couldn’t. He had to work in the morning, and Ichiro knew that he was held to a much higher standard than anyone else. The reason was obvious. He was the owner’s son, and he would one day take over the restaurant. As such, he was not allowed to make any mistakes. Luckily, he was a good waiter. He wasn’t a good manager, not yet. Thankfully, he was not a manager yet. His father was training to be one, though. Part of him just wished that he could not worry about it, but other part honestly wanted to take over the family business and please his family.

It wasn’t so late that the restaurant was still open, but late enough that Ichiro knew that he needed to make his way back home. The Waterbender would take a shower and listen to the radio for a bit before going to bed. He had to work fairly early in the morning, so he wanted to make sure that he got a good night’s rest. As usual, he had taken off his shirt to train. Picking it up off the ground, he slipped the blue shirt on his shoulders and buttoned it up. He was wearing a pair of black pants with it. Sighing, the man walked along, heading towards the way that would take him out of the Park. However, before he came there, he ran into a rock wall, seemingly something made by an Earthbender. His father’s family were Earthbenders, so he had some experience with seeing it, but not much.

Ichiro started to walk around it. He told himself that whoever had put it up was none of his concern. However, as he began to pass, he saw a man curled up on a bench that had been behind the rock wall. The Waterbender reminded himself that it this man had wanted to be bothered, he would not have put up the rock wall. Curiosity got him, though. He turned his head and looked at the man. He was curled up in a ball. He was slender, with dark brown hair and tanned skin. He looked sick, almost, and tired. Maybe, I should leave him alone, he told himself, but he couldn’t do that. He needed help, and judging by his clothes, he was no homeless man. He probably had a home, but what was he doing here? It didn’t make any sense right now, although the thought occurred to him that he might be lost. That would explain why he was laying here on the bench, unless he had gotten sick or something.

Ichiro sat down on the pench. He reached a hand up to the man’s shoulder. “Hey, are you okay?” he asked. “Do you need help?” The Waterbender knew that he shouldn’t be talking to strangers in the park. His parents would tell him this man might be crazy or something, but something told the brunet that he wasn’t. He had no way of knowing that for sure. Oh, well, it wasn’t like he was defenseless. Sure, this man was an Earthbender, but he was a fairly good Waterbender. Another part of him knew that if this man had wanted to hurt him, he could have done so. He had not been that far away from him. That was why he thought he just needed help, and it wouldn’t hurt to help him, would it?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 13:24:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 13:24:47 GMT -6

What was I thinking?

What possessed Jing to try and explore a place as gigantic as Republic City in one day? Madness! This effort reduced the well-trained Earthbender to, frankly, rubble. His hope was to maybe not feel so alone in the city. Meet some people, see some things, learn things about his new home. Now he was not only alone, but cold, hungry, tired, and curled into a ball on a park bench. Mission accomplished, Jing.

This was so uncharacteristic of him. There was a certain appearance that he liked to maintain for himself; a well-groomed, chivalrous, artistic boy that takes care of all of his problems, both personal and professional. It's not very professional to sleep in a park. Jing really hoped whoever was speaking to him and putting their hand on his shoulder would leave and forget what he looked like. Although this person, evidently a man, sounded like he genuinely wanted to help him, Jing was not the kind of person to take charity. But he could realize when needed to do so.

Jing turned his head up to the man above him, and wiped his eyes of their grog to see who this was. The first thing he noticed was this man's piercing blue eyes, a deeper blue than he had seen in all of Republic City. Obviously this man was from one of the Water Tribes, apparent in his brown hair and blue attire. Without realizing it, Jing had been staring into this man's eyes for quite a few seconds. Once he did realize this, he quickly looked away and sat up, then in a swatting motion brought his rock wall down. This burst of energy was met with a rush of pain to his head, most likely due to his not eating. Jing buried his face in his hands. “AH, my hea- umm, yes, I'm okay.”, Jing uttered through his hands. The pain was gnawing at him.

Jing had never been this hungry. His father kept him and his family in comfort and luxury, never going without. That was something Jing did admire about his father. Jing hoped to be able to do the same for a family of his own someday. But how could he do so on a seamster's salary? Hopefully his husband would have a job that provided enough for the two to provide a nice life for their children. This made him wonder what his father would say if he knew he liked men. Probably nothing less than a heart-attack. It seemed quite humorous to Jing, the reaction he assumed his father would have. But the humor within him was not displayed outwardly.

“You wouldn't happen to have any food on you, would you?”, Jing asked the man. “I'm terribly sorry to bother you for such a thing, I just haven't eaten for a long while.” Jing felt so embarrassed asking for help like this. But he was desperate. He had no idea how to get home or where he could get food. If only he was in a bit better spirits, he might have been able to protect himself and limp his way home. If only, if only..

Post by Gia on Jul 22, 2012 15:11:04 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The man stared at Ichiro for a bit. He blinked his blues, about to ask if there was a problem or something when he sat up suddenly. The other man then proceeded to bury his face in his hands, and say that he was okay. That was a start. He was about to stand up when he went on to ask if he had any food. Ah, so he was hungry. A smile crossed the Waterbender’s face. Evidentially, he hadn’t eaten in a while. It was sweet that he felt bad about bothering him with such a thing. Honestly, though, why hadn’t he just asked if there was a restaurant or something nearby to someone before getting into a position where he was so hungry he was curled up in a ball on a bench in the park? Oh, well, if positions were reversed, he probably wouldn’t have asked anyone either, at least not until he was desperate… maybe not his desperate, but hey. He wasn’t the kind of person that would poke fun at someone in this kind of situation.

“I think I can help you out with that,” Ichrio told him. “I know of a good place nearby.” It probably wasn’t fair to promote his own family’s restaurant, but hey, it really wasn’t far. A good ten or fifteen minute walk, but it was better than anything else between here and there. Okay, maybe that wasn’t entirely true, either, but it was free. His parents would make him pay for it, because… well, they could just take it out of his pay, if they wanted to. He did extra stuff anyway, so they could afford to give him a free meal. He stood up, and held out his hand to the man to help him up. “By the way, my name is Ichiro.” Once the other man had stood up, he began to walk towards the Park’s exit. “So, are you new around here or just lost? Or both?”

Ichiro wasn’t trying to make fun of him, but it was kind of obvious that he was either new, lost, or both. Probably both, since most people who’d lived here new where the park was in relation to their house, or at least he did. “I’m not trying to make fun or anything, just asking,” Ichiro said. “Honestly, though, what happened?” The Waterbender was trying to make conversation. There was a decent walk till the restaurant. They had to talk about something right? Well, he figured that they could just walk in silence, but honestly how fun would that be? “I guess I can’t talk, though, because I was born here.” He shrugged. His parents had met here, and they had both been born and raised here. After all, mixed-races people like him were a lot more common nowadays, although one wouldn’t assume that.

After a bit of time had passed, Ichiro saw the sign of his parent’s restaurant in the distance. “There it is,” he said, pointing. It wasn’t much longer before they were there. He sat them down a table. The waitress came over, a woman named Ami, and greeted him pleasantly. “Hey, Ichiro, what are you doing here on your night off? You love this place so much? I guess you’d have to, wouldn’t you.” The Waterbender smirked at her, but said nothing. Yes, he was tied to this place by name. “Can we have two of the specials, whatever it is, I don’t care, and I’m sure that he doesn’t either.” She nodded, and walked off. “Don’t worry about her, she’s harmless, I swear.”
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 21:34:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 21:34:33 GMT -6

Wow, kindness. After a day full of nothing but quiet reflection and harsh exposure to the city, this boy was quite refreshing. He seemed very knowledgeable on the city, he knew of this restaurant that wasn't very far from the park. This guy would have been helpful about three hours ago while Jing was walking, but it's better to have him now than not at all. This boy was probably wondering what got Jing there, and Jing knew he owed him at least some sort of explanation in return for his hospitality. Even though he was in a fair deal of pain, he tried his best to endure long enough to answer the boy's questions.

Jing accepted the man's help standing up. “Pleased to meet you, Ichiro. I'm Jing.” His headache was growing worse, causing him to hold his head in his hand the whole way to the restaurant. Once he had some food in his system, Jing knew his head problems would be gone. As they began walking, he started to answer the man's questions. “Well, I'd say that I'm most certainly both new and lost.” he said in voice of slight humor, “But I know you're not making fun of me, although in hind-sight this is a bit humorous.” Obviously this boy was being genuine, or else he would have left Jing there to die. But he didn't, so he was.

Ichiro then asked what had happened to him. It was really simple, but quite embarrassing. How does one say that they basically were too stupid to remember to eat or where there house was, and kept wandering? “I just was so.. enthralled, by the city, that I lost track of time. And place.” That was the best way he could put it. The fact that Ichiro was actually born here didn't make him feel any better. It seemed like everyone knew Republic City better than he did. All Jing could muster in response was a weak “Lucky..”

Once they had arrived at this restaurant, they immediate got a table and sat down. Jing slumped over the table, but tried to not look as exhausted as he was. The place seemed nice, very homey. Their waitress knew Ichiro, which was apparent from their conversation. Ichiro seemed very nice. His comment to him made him smile, then he said “You were right about my order, by the way. Anything sounds good right about now.” Why did he choose this place, though? On their short walk alone Jing saw several other restaurants. “Is there any particular reason we've come here, Ichiro?” he inquired, adding “Does it have anything to do with that waitress?”

He meant that, indeed, to imply something. Not that Jing really cared if they were, but it gave their conversation flavor. It was a necessary boost, considering they would be spending the sitting together. But that didn't take away from the fact that this guy did interest Jing, on multiple levels. He was attractive, friendly, and caring. What more could be asked for by a someone who just awoke from sleeping on a bench? The waitress then brought the two some waters, which Jing promptly drank down in a matter of seconds.

Post by Gia on Jul 22, 2012 22:15:29 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro smirked. “I figured,” he said. “You seemed to be hungry, so I didn’t think it would matter to you what you had, as long as you got it as soon.” He stifled a laugh as Jing made a comment about Ami, wondering if she was the reason why they were. He must have caught on to the fact that there were other restaurants between the park and Watashi’s. “Oh, no, trust me on that,” the Waterbender said, running a hand through his long, brown hair. “Let’s just say that she’s not my… type.” That would save him if the man in anyway was uncomfortable with homosexuality. If he wasn’t, of course, then he would know what he meant, which was fine. He had nothing to hide. He also found it rather curious as to why he’d asked if it had anything to do with Ami. Sure, she was friendly with him, but overly so. Most of the wait staff knew of his sexual preferences, so there was no point.

Ichiro took a sip of water and began eating. There was no reason for him to suspect he was gay, either. The Waterbender was far from obvious. Was Jing curious? If so, why? It wasn’t that he wasn’t attractive or anything, and the Earthbender seemed nice enough, but they had just met, after all. Mentally shrugging it off, he went back to the food and the conversation at hand. Ichiro saw that Jing made the water almost evaporate, and he motioned to Ami to get more water, which she promptly did. “The reason why I brought you here is… I may be slightly biased.” He took another sip before continuing what he was saying. “My family actually owns this restaurant. My father is the manager, and my mother runs the kitchen.” It wasn’t that the brunet was ashamed of his family owning this restaurant. “I work here as a waiter, that’s how I know Ami.”

Ichiro took another drink of water, and went back to eating. He gave a nonchalant shrug, and smiled at Jing. “So, I may be slightly biased for this place,” he said. “Besides, I can eat here for free.” He took another sip of his drink, the smile still playing on his lips. “That means you do as long as you eat with me.” He ate a few more bites of the food, which had been prepared well. His father was working tonight, but his mother wasn’t. He knew that she was glad that she could trust someone to run the kitchen in her absence. He wondered why she had scheduled herself off when his father worked, but it didn’t happen often. Work was work, right? On impulse, he looked around, seeing if his father was anywhere near, but he didn’t see him. He must be either checking something in the kitchen, or on the other side of the restaurant. Of course, by this time tomorrow, everyone would think that he had been on a date, including his parents. Of course, there was nothing he could do about that. It was their problem what they thought he was doing and he honestly didn’t care.

Ichiro turned back to Jing. “There’s nothing wrong with admitting you got lost,” he said. “Although, I will suggest, next time, you should find someone to help you around. Either that, or get a map.” He shrugged as he drank some more water. “It’s just a suggestion. You can’t be getting lost all the time, now can you?” He ate a bit more of the food before deciding to ask a question. After all, he had questioned him, so it was only fair that he return the favor, yes? “So, since you a little about me, let me ask a little about you. You’re new here, so where are you from? Where do you work?” They had to make conversation, and after all, he seemed nice enough. Why not make conversation? There was no need to rush anything. He had nowhere else to be, and obviously, neither did Jing.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 23, 2012 18:57:57 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2012 18:57:57 GMT -6

It was hard for Jing to socialize normally. He never was the beautiful social butterfly that he looked like. Often he would end up giving off vibes that he never intended to, or giving other people the wrong impression. And his current state did not help this matter and made Jing a little bit starry-eyed for this guy. He had sorta saved his life. But to be fair, Jing was quite quick to be affectionate most of the time. He was like a puppy in that sense, but not overly so. As with most things, Jing maintained a precedent of subtlety with his controllable quirks. So Jing didn’t actually feel anything for Ichiro, it was more of a daze he was in with his “savior”. Besides, this guy hardly seemed like he was gay at all.

Finally, Jing’s long awaited meal had arrived. The sight of the steaming plate caused Jing’s stomach to grumble in joy. Thank the Spirits, he thought. He began to chow down, throwing all of his prior manners to the wind. It wasn’t like Ichiro was going to shame him for doing so. After a few minutes Jing realized Ichiro was talking. He tried to be subtle and seem like he was listening, throwing a few “Ohh, okay.”s and “That makes sense”s in when he could. Luckily it worked, and after a few moments he had pieced together what Ichiro had said. “Well, if I could get free food, I would go out of my way to eat here too.” Jing said post-realization, along with “And as for this ‘Ami’, she seems nice. It must be nice to work here.”

Jing was pretty happy. He was having a nice meal, in a decent restaurant, with a pretty cool guy, in one of the greatest cities in the world. The fact that his meal was free helped, though. He finished his meal, and began to drink more water. It was one thing that he could not get enough of. He adored water and how pure it was. His headache had subsided, and his body was beginning to feel back to normal. He remained tired, though. Jing did notice a look of confusion on Ichiro’s face, but it never really caused any concern in Jing. It seemed to pertain to his work, but Jing ignored it all the same.

After setting his glass down, Jing responded to Ichiro’s advice with a simple “Probably. Hopefully I won’t need any help soon.” At this point Jing had been much more interested in the meal than the conversation, and since the food was gone he became quite bored. But then Ichiro wanted to know more about him. A bit nosy of this guy, but Jing’s past meant nothing to this guy, so what harm could it do? Jing started by saying, “If you hadn’t gathered already, I’m an Earthbender.” In his sarcastic tone, and then added “..but I am an authentic one, coming straight from Ba Sing Se. As for my employment, I’m a designer and seamster at Songho’s House of Fashion, downtown. It’s a pretty nice gig, it’s actually quite important to me. “ This guy being quite friendly. How odd.

Post by Gia on Jul 23, 2012 22:28:14 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro got the impression that Jing hadn’t really been listening to a word he said. Was he so interested in the food that he just didn’t care what the other man was saying? If so, that was fine with him, but there was really no use wasting his time here, then. He would just finish his food and leave, because he had no real reason to hang out here. After all, he had practically lived here. The Waterbender may not have noticed if he hadn’t made that comment about Ami after he’d just said she wasn’t his type. That had been a dead giveaway. “It’s okay, I don’t mind most of the time,” he said. “It gets annoying working for your parents in your family’s restaurant. I’m not hugely popular here.” He didn’t go into any detail, because he assumed that Jing didn’t really care. He was slightly annoyed, though. He hated being ignored.

“And as for Ami, I did say that she wasn’t my type, if you had listened.” Ichiro didn’t say more, because this man was not his friend, so he didn’t owe him any explanations, espeicially if he was only going to listen to half of what the brunet was saying. His voice held a slightly annoyed tone to it, but he was not trying to act as if he was upset or anything. Honestly, he wasn’t upset, because he felt that getting upset took too much effort and energy. It was easier to let things roll off your back, but the Waterbender didn’t like it when people ignored him. It happened while he was working, because customers could be like that, but he didn’t have to deal with it from someone he been nice to by picking him up and taking him here. He deserved a little better, in his opinion, for his kindness.

Ichiro nodded, noting that he seemed bored now that he was done with his food. The Waterbender nodded respectfully. “That sounds cool,” he said simply, his tone now a bit guarded, as the man wasn’t being overly friendly. “Well, have fun in the city.” If the Earthbender had been nicer, he might have offered to help, but he obviously didn’t want it nor did he care. “Oh, and by the way, you’re welcome for the free food you didn't do anything for and that you got only because I work here,” he said, a sarcastic tone to his voice. The first thing he should have said was thank you, but as he had figured out, this man didn’t seem very nice at all now that he’d spent a bit more time with him. That’s what I get for being nice, he thought to himself. Well, if he doesn’t want my help, fine. I won’t help him get home then unless he asks and thanks me for the meal. He had finished his food and drank the last of his water. “Well, have a nice night.” With that, he started to get up and make his way for the door.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 23, 2012 22:29:43 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 24, 2012 6:46:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2012 6:46:50 GMT -6

That was hardly fair, Jing thought. Yes, he had helped Jing out immensely, but how could he expect anything else from him? The Earthbender hadn't really eaten at all that day, wasn't in his fully right mind, and didn't know where he was in relation to his home. That food needed to be inside him. After all, he did eventually realize what the Waterbender had said.  He honestly did not mean to offend the guy, and felt bad for accidentally did so. He had planned on thanking him when he was on his way out. But that just didn't seem to be soon enough. 

The Waterbender began to get up and walk away. It was apparent that he was quite upset. Ichiro's sarcastic tone was sharp and cold, in sharp contrast to the warm, humorous way that Jing intended in his. How could this meal have gone so far downhill? Maybe it was time Jing swallowed his pride and just fully admitted his need for help. "If one cannot thank his host for their services, one has lost his battle with pride", a saying that Jing's mother had instilled into his consciousness long ago. Those words were said by his grandfather, who was a wise and talented Earthbender in Ba Sing Se long ago. Jing could not dishonor him like this. 

"Wait, Ichiro. Please sit back down. Somewhere along the way today I must have lost my manners." Jing said, his voice carrying and seeming to grasp Ichiro. He waved Ichiro over, indicating for him to sit. The Waterbender seemed apprehensive about rejoining him. This man obviously had a low tolerance for rudeness. With a large amount of reluctance, the man sat down. Jing had to prove himself worthy of this man's wasted time and patience. "You have no idea how grateful I am for your help. If it hadn't been for you, I'd still be on that bench." Jing said, looking directly into Ichiro's eye, "And I cannot thank you enough for this meal, which has given me the will to live again." he said with a humorous intention. But this humor was wasted on him. "I'd also like to apologize for not being this candid with you earlier. I was just.. unable to do so. So please forgive me."

Jing was uncertain as to how this would go. He sat up in his chair, ready for anything this guy had to throw at him. He hoped that this would show his sincerity, but in reality it could go either way. Since Ichiro did do a very large amount for him and Jing did seen ungrateful, along with his not paying attention to what he said, he a large amount of reason to just kindly accept his words and walk away.

Post by Gia on Jul 24, 2012 16:24:03 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro froze as Jing called out to him. So, his brusqueness has slapped the manners back into the other man. That was good. Part of him was half tempted just to leave, but it wasn’t in his nature to be mean like that, especially when the Earthbender was making such an effort now to be nice and apologize for being so rude to him. He saw the other man wave at him, and the Waterbender sighed. Yes, you’re a nice guy, and that’s okay, he told himself. There’s no reason not to be nice to a person who’s trying to be nice to you. He went back and sat down across from him, listening as the apology spilled out of his mouth. He couldn’t help but stifle a laugh at the will to live comment. That might have been a bit too far, but he did appreciate what he was trying to do.

“Okay, okay, I get your point,” Ichiro said, holding up a hand for a moment before putting it down on the table. “Apology accepted. That’s all I wanted, since I was so nice to someone I don’t even know.” Granted, he did know a bit more about him now, but still. They’d just a short while ago. The man ran a hand through his long, brown hair as he gave a shrug. He had been told before that he could be too nice. His father told him that it was a big thing about being a manager – there is such a thing as too nice. For a bit there, the Waterbender thought that perhaps maybe the cynics who said that you couldn’t be nice to anyone were actually telling the truth. Now… well, at least he’d realized his mistake and apologized. That had to count for something right? Some people could never admit they had something wrong. It was at the very least, a start. Besides, he could have just let him walk off. The Earthbender'd gotten a free meal, so what should he care, right?

Ichiro had been about to suggest that maybe he should show him how to get back to his place when Ami came back over, asking if everything was okay. “Yes, it was fine,” he replied. “You did tell my father and whoever is in the kitchen tonight that this was form.” She nodded, and replied that yes, she had told his father that this was for his son, and his son’s date. The Waterbender groaned. “Did you have to phrase it like that? Tell me you didn’t.” She didn’t respond, and she didn’t have to. He knew her well enough by now. She was sweet, and harmless, but the girl had a mouth on her that never quit. His father had been busy enough not to see him, which had been good, but Ami had to open up her big fat mouth. “Fine. Just go. We’re good now. Thanks.” Well, that could certainly have gone better, couldn't it?

“I’m sorry about that,” Ichiro said. “She means well, she just… well, she doesn’t know how to shut up.” The brunet was glad that his father hadn’t decided to come over here tonight, although he would have been more than glad to explain the true circumstances that had brought him here with another man. “They assumed just because I’m in here with another guy that I must be on a date. ” Ami liked to talk, but it annoyed him because he had no idea what the other man’s opinion on homosexuality was at all. It had not come up yet, and of course, why should it? There was no guarantee that they'd see each other again after this. Why should they, after all? One act of kindness did not necessarily a friendship make. Beisdes, this was not how people normally found out he was gay.

Most people that he worked with knew, not that he talked about his personal life at work a lot. Ichiro did spend a lot of time here, so if you work in close quarters with someone for any length of time, you're bound to find out a few things. As for other people he didn't work with... well, most of the time, they found out because he told them. Tadashi had found out because Ren’ai and told him. Yuri wouldn’t have known, though surely she did now. This night had gone at all the way he’d planned when he decided to go and train. “Well, I suppose there’s no use hanging out around here. If you like, I can show you how to get back to your place, if you tell me where it is that you live, of course.” He didn't really care what anyone else thought. That was not the reason for being slightly embarrassed that Ami had outed him. It was more because of that that right now, he would just rather keep things as uncomplicated as possible until he was finished with him.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 24, 2012 16:38:55 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 24, 2012 21:18:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2012 21:18:00 GMT -6

There was a wave of relief that washed over Jing. His worries over Ichiro’s reaction subsided. His behavior deserved a bad reaction, and he would have fully accepted such a reaction. But Jing was pretty glad that he didn’t react in such a way. This guy was pretty cool and he hoped to make all his effort worthwhile. Jing was quite also surprised at Ichiro’s amusement from his joke. He just didn’t think he’d be able to make him laugh. One should never assume, Jing supposed in his head.

Things were going well, and then Ichiro’s waitress friend came up and spoke to him for a bit. What did she mean “date”? Could this guy actually be gay too? It’s one thing for him to think a straight guy is attractive, but it was rare for Jing to ever actually like someone of his own sexuality. It was the masculinity, he supposed, that enticed him. And it wasn’t too odd of an assumption, now, to think that Ichiro was gay. But as he recently learned, never assume. “Why would they assume that I was your date? Are you gay?” being direct was the only way to get things done in these sorts of matters, so Jing did, “It’s not that I have anything against gays, I am one myself, I just would never have guessed that about you.” At this point they were both still at the table, and the waitress had left.

It was understandable that him being gay didn’t come up in conversation. It wasn’t something that was a “hot topic” in the city. And it wasn’t like Ichiro was going to blatantly say, in the middle of a conversation, “Oh, by the way, I’m a homosexual”. But Jing was rushing to conclusions again, hardly something that was appropriate. While Jing was thinking this, he was searching himself for his glasses. It wasn’t as if he needed them, but he was hoping to make sure he didn’t lose them. Those tinted glasses made traveling through the seedier parts of town easy, and may come in handy in the near future.

Ichiro began to ask Jing if he needed help getting home. He did. “Actually, I really would like that. Thank you.” Jing then told Ichiro his address. Hopefully Jing’s neighborhood wouldn’t seem to scary to Ichiro. Not to say that this man was weak by any means, but most people who do well for themselves, or who have families that do, wouldn’t come to that part of town if they didn’t have to. Also, this made him think about what Ichiro would think of him for living in such a place. Worrying about what others thought was not something that he usually did, but this was different. Jing then stood up and said “Well, I am ready if you are.” with a smile.

Post by Gia on Jul 25, 2012 21:51:58 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
As Jing asked if he was gay, Ichiro nodded. “That would be the whole point in thinking that you’re my date,” he said, a smirk playing across his lips. The Waterbender was kind of surprised as the Earthbender revealed that he himself was gay, too. Wow, so that was two in a short of amount of time – Ren’ai and Yuri’s Air Acolyte friend, Tadashi, and now Jing. He seemed to be looking for something, but as he didn’t say anything about it, the brunet didn’t mention anything about it. He found it interesting when he said that wouldn’t have pegged the waiter for someone who was gay. “Oh, really, you wouldn’t have?” He shrugged. “I suppose I don’t fit the stereotype, but I could say the same thing about you.” Other than him being a designer and a seamster at some tailor’s shop, but he kept that opinion to himself. Stereotypes were stereotypes for a reason. Ami had come over and filled up their water again, so he took a sip.

Jing accepted his offer of showing him home. Ichiro would have choked on his water when he said where he lived, but he wasn’t drinking water, so he kept his face passive. That was not a good part of town, and if the Earthbender was living there, then he should move. He either needed to get more hours at work, or get a better paying job – or a roommate. Ren’ai and Yuri lived in a decent apartment, with their meager salaries. Granted, both got tips, which helped a lot. Perhaps that was something he should consider, unless he actually liked living in that part of town. The Waterbender highly doubted that, though, as he certainly didn’t seem like the kind person who lived in that part of town just for fun. If his mother knew he was even going there, she’d berate him – and he was a full grown man.

Ichiro watched as Jing stood up, and nodded. “Yes, I’m done,” he said, before standing up as well. He reached into one of his pockets, and pulled out a few yuans for Ami’s tip. “Besides, we should get out of here before my father comes over and starts asking questions.” He was so glad that he didn’t live with his parents anymore, because then as soon as he went home, his mother would want to know everything. The annoying thing was, there was nothing to tell right now. The Earthbender had looked like he’d needed help, so he’d provided that help by taking him to a restaurant where he could get free food. Perhaps he shouldn’t have done that, because he had neglected to think that everyone there knew he was gay and would want to know who Jing was. He was nobody by that’s beside the point.

Ichiro waved to Ami and his father before walking out the door of the restaurant. He assumed that Jing was right behind him. Once they were out on the street, the brunet slipped his hands into his pockets. He now was glad that he had decided to bring along a Water skin, because usually he didn’t. Since he had known that he would be walking home at night, he had decided to bring it along with. Luckily for him, that is, because now he would not only be walking home at night, but one of the seedier parts of town that he never went in. He’d never needed to. His parents were not rich, but the restaurant was popular, and therefore, they had good salaries that allowed them a very comfortable life growing up. Of course, Jing had said he just moved here, so it was evident that wasn’t with his parents.

Ichiro almost thought about asking, but decided it was inappropriate. They barely knew each other, and it was not his place to ask questions about why he was here alone. Jing had said he was from Ba Sing Se. Why come to Republic City? Pushing the thoughts of his head, he quickly thought of something to say. If they didn’t, they might be walking the rest of the way in silence. How awkward would that be? “So… you said that you were a designer and semester? How did you get to come into that business?” He was curious, as he’d never met anyone in that business before. Then again, the brunet didn’t really get out much. He was either working or training. It seemed rather lame now that he thought about it. “Oh, and I don’t think I mentioned before, but I’m a Waterbender.” He pointed to his water skin as proof of that statement. It was probably something he hadn’t noticed.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 26, 2012 21:48:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2012 21:48:35 GMT -6

There was one part about Jing that he didn't like to really talk about. He resented the idea that all gay men were the same, or that all gay men were flamboyantly feminine. It just happened to be that his passion was for clothing design and that he was also gay; the two were independent of each other. He refused to also settle for someone who fit that stereotype of the feminine gay man. This came into Jing's mind as Ichiro said that he was, indeed, gay. To Jing's surprise, Ichiro said he didn't fit the stereotype. Such words met pleased ears, as this was something that Jing truly loved hearing. He resented the norm, and wished to push what is considered to be the norm.

Something that caused Jing to think was, what seemed to be, Ichiro's rush to get him out of the restaurant. Yes, Jing had stood up first and initiated this move. But with the worried looks Ichiro was giving the wait staff as they walked by, it was as if he didn't want them to see Jing. They both knew they weren't on a date, so why should it matter?

As they were walking out of the eatery, Jing looked to Ichiro and asked “Are you afraid of your family seeing us together?”, with a tone of concern rather than annoyance. “I know that I'm not looking my best right now, but I hardly say that I'm something to be ashamed of.”, added for humor. He hardly was overly concerned about if this guy actually would be ashamed to be seen with him, Jing followed right behind Ichiro, seeing as he was the guide here. As they began to walk through the dark city, he remembered that his apartment wasn't the worst on the block. It actually had an offbeat sort of charm. It was his neighborhood itself that was the eyesore. The dangerous eyesore.

Ichiro then asked about Jing's work, and how he came to that business. He had to think about that for a bit. Honestly, it was very natural. “When I was a child, I would see my mother get dressed I beautiful gowns and jewelry, something that you would usually expect to be worn to a ball. But she would wear that to watch us, the children, all day. Her elegance and fashion expertise inspired me.” That was the basics of it, but he felt like going a bit deeper. “I wanted to be able to export that liberation from dull, inexpressive clothing to the world.” He felt like he was rambling. “I'm sorry for going so in depth. I'd return the question but I'm pretty sure of how you came to where you work.”, then noticing his water skin, “But I will ask this: how good of a water bender are you?”

Watching people bend was a favorite pastime of his. It was interesting to watch people use their abilities. Although he looked forward to the day where he met another Earthbender, Waterbenders were high on the priority list. But Jing never did catch on to the Pro-Bending craze. It seemed too commercial, lacking the tradition and ritual that came with bending for bending's sake. Maybe, if he was lucky, Ichiro would give him a private show.

Post by Gia on Jul 26, 2012 22:46:05 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
A surprising comment came to Ichiro’s ears. Jing thought he was ashamed of him? A shock look crossed the Waterbender’s face, although he was sure that the other man couldn’t see it in the dark. “Ashamed of you? Of course not,” he said, his voice clearly registering how surprising he’d found the Earthbender’s comment. “Why in the world would I be ashamed of you?” He decided that it was only polite to explain why he had left in a such a hurry. “My father was working tonight, as you know, and I just…” He shrugged. “I didn’t want to have to explain anything tonight. I was frustrated that I would even have to explain what I’m doing to him. I’m a full grown man.” He sighed as they walked along. “Besides, by this tomorrow, everyone will know about it. I’m not popular there as it is, so even the idea that I would bring a date to my family’s restaurant will piss people off. They’ll think I’m ‘abusing my power’. Not that I have any real power to speak of, but that’s beside the point.”

Ichiro listened as Jing explained how he gotten into fashion. When the other man mentioned “inexpressive clothing”, the brunet could do nothing but laugh. “What, like mine?” He knew full well he was not the best dresser. He did have nicer clothes than what he was wearing right now, but for someone who was interested in that stuff – like his current companion – none of it was probably up to his standards. “I admit, I don’t have any clothing that’s really… special. Most of my stuff is rather plain. I have some nice shirts and stuff, but…” He shrugged. “I spend most of my time either working or training. I don’t get out much.” That made him sound like a homebody, but it was true. While he had dated, when he did, they never seemed to care what he wore much. He was the kind of person who liked to be busy all the time, and while he knew that he needed to get out a bit more, he usually had no problem with his current lifestyle. If he met someone, great. If not, well, then everything would happen in its own due time. No reason to rush anything, right?

Jing mentioned that he wanted to return the question, but he was right – seeing as how he worked in his family’s restaurant, it was fairly obvious. If your family owned a business, you were sucked into it whether you liked it or not. Luckily, the Waterbender did enjoy waiting tables. He enjoyed dealing with people. He was a very personable guy, so customer service was something he enjoyed. So, he asked about Waterbending. “I’m pretty good,” he said. “Nothing overly special, of course, but I’m pretty decent. I still train with this master every now and again, and when I’m not a work, I’m usually training unless there’s something better to do.” Usually, there wasn’t unless there was a Probending match or he was dating someone at the time. That wasn’t something that he needed to say, not yet. Of course, if the topic came up of hobbies, then it would be obvious that the brunet didn’t do much at all.

Ichiro looked over at Jing, noticing that he was about four inches taller than him. He had never thought himself short, surely not tall, but Jing was the second man he’d met that was taller than him. “What about you? How good of an Earthbender are you?” The move he’d done to shield himself earlier was simple, but it had been pretty decent sized. He knew a bit about Earthbending from his father’s family, not much. “My father’s family is Earthbenders, so I know a bit, but not enough.” He gave another shrug. “After all, I’m a Waterbender, so I’ve focused mostly on that.” A smirk crossed his lips. “Well, that and what I see at Probending matches, but that’s hardly anything close to what classically trained benders like me do.” As he had told himself many times before, he was not interested in Probending. He enjoyed watching it, but he enjoyed doing classical bending more. It was not something he wanted to do.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 28, 2012 10:37:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 28, 2012 10:37:08 GMT -6

Jing could understand how Ichiro was feeling. He had an overbearing father as well. It was part of the reason he left Ba Sing Se a year ago. Many times his father would press so far into Jing's life that he wished he was dead instead of living under such tyranny. There was relatively nothing of his own business. It was as if his father wanted to live Jing's life for him, like it was his second chance. That was something the two had in common, but it wasn't really the time to bring that up.

Ichiro mentioned his clothes being inexpressive, with some laughs. But Jing didn't really agree. “I'm not sure I see it how you do.” The idea that Jing had was less of one that supports expensive clothing from major labels, but more of clothing that expressed who the person was. “Unless there is something you are trying to not tell with your clothing, then your clothes are fine.” It was more of a philosophy that a person must try to deceive people with their clothing. Jing may appear to do so, but his clothing was an expression of him. He hid behind his expression. He wasn't hiding anything but his feelings from cruel judgment. This was one of the true paradoxes of Jing; he worked in one of the most judgmental businesses in the world, yet he hated judgment itself. “You dress fine for what it seems you're trying to portray.”, he said to Ichiro with a smile as they were walking.

“You can train!?” Jing was surprised that someone with a job here could have time to train, “How do you find time?”. Since he has moved to Republic City he had rarely anytime to train. Well, he had those few days off he had or after work. But, concerning days off, those were far and few between. When he received one from Mr Songho, he used it to explore, which evidently is not going very well for him. And those times after work were primarily spent working on designs for clients. It wasn't as if there were that many orders, but Jing was very meticulous in his work. He wanted to make sure he pleased his clients. Actually, Jing had only used his bending twice since he had arrived. Once to defend a school student in trouble, and again to make that wall to defend himself in the park. This thought made Jing sad. He needed to put his bending higher on his priority list.

Ichiro returned the bending question. “As I recall, I'm a pretty good bender.” he said with a slight chuckle. “My grandfather taught bending many years ago, and then taught my mother, who taught me.” Jing took pride in his families history. Although this pride was mainly for his mother's side. His father was estranged from his family for reasons his mother never told him. “But I haven't trained in a very long time.” Ichiro mentioned Pro-Bending, which made Jing's eyebrow raise in annoyance. He never really cared for it. Jing thought it was a mockery of the ancient techniques. But if the match was good enough, he'd probably watch. “I'm glad you recognize that. If they had been classically trained those fighters probably wouldn't think to participate in such a sport.”

Post by Gia on Jul 28, 2012 23:30:38 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
When Jing said that he didn’t see it the way that Ichiro did, the Waterbender turned his head to look at him as they walked. He found it interesting that he said as long as there was something he was trying not to say with his clothing, then they were fine. The Earthbender said that his clothing expressed who he was. He supposed that was true. He didn’t think about his clothing, but he enjoyed blues. It seemed that Waterbenders did, as he didn’t normally see a Waterbender wearing green or red or anything. He supposed it happened. It just wasn’t him. He was a Waterbender that enjoyed wearing blues. If that made him stereotypical, then that was fine. Obviously, his companion didn’t care. All the brunet could do was smile, and say, “Well, that’s good to know.”

The conversation then turned to training, and Jing seemed surprised that Ichiro had time. It made the Waterbender laugh. “Of course,” he said. “I make time. I love to Waterbend. I love training.” He supposed if they were on this discussion, he might as well admit. “I’ll go ahead and say it. I have no life.” He gave a light-hearted shrug. “I have nights off and I have a day off. I usually spend those training.” If he was dating someone, he made time for them. He didn’t have a ton of friends, though, so he didn’t have to spend a whole lot of time with that. It doesn’t bother him any. He was a workaholic, and he supposed, a trainaholic, if there was such a thing. He didn’t care, and if anyone else did, that was their problem. “I make time for people if I need to, but if I don’t plans, I train. It’s what I do.”

Ichiro was surprised when Jing seemed annoyed when the Waterbender mentioned Probending. He raised an eyebrow in surprise. “I find it entertaining, but to each their own,” he said. “And you’re right, most Probenders do not have a lot of classical training. I know two that do have some, though.” He worked with both of them – Ren’ai and Yuri, who he supposed had found a Waterbender for their team. He was happy for them. “I actually work with two of them. They have a Probending team, and both of them have classical training.” He shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t personally understand it myself. I would never want to do Probending. I enjoy classical bending, but as I said, to each their own.”
Ichiro knew that they still had a little bit to go before they were at Jing’s place. They had to find something to talk about between now and then. He was enjoying the other man’s company so far. The Waterbender wouldn’t dream of saying that, though, because how awkward would it be if the other man didn’t agree. He certainly seemed, too, though, but he was of the mind that there was no reason to rush anything. Besides, he had no idea if the other man would even want to see him again. If he didn’t, that was fine with him. Regardless, though, the idea of another friend, at the very least, was not a bad thought for the brunet. “So, I take it you’re a busy man, if you don’t have time to bend.” He turned his face to look at him, a smirk playing on his lips.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 29, 2012 17:18:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 29, 2012 17:18:39 GMT -6

Ichiro's response to his fashion ramblings brought little surprise to Jing. Not many people understood it the way he did. Jing saw many people feel for other things similarly to the way he felt about fashion, but no other person that he met was able to feel for fashion like him. Hopefully Ichiro knew that Jing did like what he was wearing, its simplicity and all. Just because Jing's outfit was detailed and ornate didn't mean that everyone should, it was more that people should be able to wear what they want for whatever reason whenever. Wardrobal liberation from social stigmas. But this was too much for him to explain tonight, and Jing kept those thoughts to himself.

“I love Earthbending too, it's just..” Jing struggled, “I love my art more, I guess.” Those words hurt to say, it brought back images of his grandfather teaching him some of his favorite techniques. His grandfather meant a large deal to him, even though they didn't get to see each other very often. Hopefully, wherever his grandfather was, he didn't know Jing felt that way. As Ichiro said he had no life, Jing chuckled a bit and nodded, understanding what he meant. If the definition of 'having no life' was what Ichiro did, then Jing didn't either. Their schedules sounded very similar, except for the training. But if you replaced that with sketching around in his apartment, they were almost identical. His boss, Mr. Songho, told him that he had earned himself some negotiations on his schedule and pay due to his flawless work ethic. Maybe he'd be more motivated to do so if he had some people to do things with. Ichiro seemed like he could be that 'someone'.

Maybe Jing was jealous of the Pro-Benders, because they got to bend and make money doing so. Whatever his true feeling was, he knew that he did not like the sport. It seemed stupid to him. But Ichiro was right, 'to each their own'. “I suppose the exception proves the rule, in this case.” on classically trained benders in Pro-Bending. “But, regardless of how disingenuous the sport is to tradition, those athletes are quite hot.” It came out casually, as Jing had very little problem making such comments around other people. He smiled as he said it, looking at Ichiro for some sort of agreement with the statement. He detested their sport, but the athletes were tip-top on the totem-pole of sexiness to Jing. They stayed fit and usually had some sort of personality. He assumed the last part, though. You can't judge a person's personality by their once in a blue moon interviews.

Ichiro then mentioned Jing and his 'business', which was true. Jing made himself quite busy. “I am. I constantly fill my schedule with projects. Mainly to distract myself from the fact that I lack a social life.” he returned the smile to Ichiro. “Sketching, planning, and researching are usually what I do on my time off. Quite a downer, right?” Ichiro had no problem joking about himself, he considered it the best way to stay sane. But he was completely honest, in that he never did anything socially. His work occupied his time. It was very rare that Jing missed having a social life; his work was fulfilling. Yet, in those times of longing for a social life, he could go to a very dark place.

The distance was growing short between the two and Jing's apartment. He began to worry if this would be it, and the two would part ways forever afterward. He didn't want that. As they reached a corner that was a few blocks away from their destination, Jing looked at Ichiro and asked “So, do you maybe want to.. hang out, sometime? If you're too busy, I'd obviously understand.” They both had work that occupied their time, and things that they did outside of business hours that consumed time. Jing figured he should ask now before it became the cliché “end of date; doorstep” moment.

Post by Gia on Jul 29, 2012 22:03:47 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro nodded at Jing’s words. “That’s fair,” he said to him. If he loved something else more than bending, that was fine. After all, practicing you’re bending didn’t pay the bills. Working his parent’s restaurant paid the Waterbender’s bills, and what paid the Earthbender’s bills was his art. “There’s nothing wrong with that. I mean, after all, your art is what pays the bills.” He may not understand the art aspect, but the brunet did understand being a workaholic, and he certainly seemed like one. Perhaps that was something they had in common. After all, Ichiro was the kind of person that would make time out for someone if he had someone to hang out with and do stuff with. He didn’t right now, but after tonight… he didn’t know for sure, but maybe that would different.

Jing’s comment about Probending athletes being hot caused Ichiro to laugh. “Some of them are, yes.” It was not something that he could deny; there’d be no point in doing that. He could feel the Earthbender looking at him, so he turned his head, and smiled at him. He didn’t really know what they were like, as the only one he had ever really talked to was Ren’ai, and that was only stuff at work. She was hardly a friend, more like an acquaintance really. He was glad that the other man had no reservations in making such comments, because the Waterbender didn’t either. Of course, he had his limits, but he was sure that everyone in them. His limits usually were if something would cause any problems or hurt anyone’s feelings. It was not in his nature to get himself into something where he’d have to talk his way out of things, though he was typically very good at doing that, if he had to.

Ichiro had to laugh when Jing mentioned that he had no social life. The other man mentioned that it was a downer that he spent his time sketching, planning and researching. “I don’t think so,” he said. “I mean, firstly, I have no social life and all I do besides work is bending. What you do sounds much more interesting.” Of course, the Waterbender couldn’t draw to save his life. He didn’t understand it; he didn’t care about drawing different fashions and stuff like that. It was something he wanted to do, but he respected those that could. It was a skill that he didn’t have, and never would. Of course, if you were going to be running a restaurant, you didn’t need those skills. All you do to was understand the restaurant and how it worked. That involved understanding the people and how to make them happy. It also involved managing people, as well doing the books – numbers, and figures. That was stuff that Ichiro was only just starting to do.

He was much better with people, but his big problem was – even with people – was being able to be a bit harsh and strict when it was necessary. He had problems with saying things to people that he knew would upset them. He would much rather tell a little white fib to keep them happy, especially if it was someone that he liked. Speaking of people though, the Waterbender pushed all those thoughts out of his head as he heard Jing began to speak again. This time, he was asking if he wanted to hang out. The brunet turned his head to look at him as he walked. He knew that they were getting closer to Jing’s place. “Sure, that sounds great,” he said. It would be nice to have someone to spend time with, even if it didn’t turn into anything romantic. He wasn’t sure in what Jing intended it – as just friends or possibly something more – but the shorter man told himself that it didn’t matter. Whatever happened, would happen.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2012 17:32:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2012 17:32:35 GMT -6

Jing enjoyed talking with Ichiro. He wasn't judging him at all, unlike most of the people he came across. There was a sentiment among most people of big cities that artists were either the personal employees of the government, in the Earth Kingdom at least, or they were just rambling hobos. Since Jing was neither, he found that quite offensive. Ichiro understood that it was his passion, and just because he pursued his passion didn't mean that he was foolish or a “starving artist”. Although, sometimes he did go hungry. But only for a night. Jing never was the best with money. His job provided well enough for him to live comfortably, without too many stresses. What caused his problems was himself; he couldn't help but make the occasional impulse buy. It was apparent in the amount of paintings and random objects around his apartment. Hopefully, Ichiro wouldn't see that mess yet.

The fact that Ichiro agreed about the Pro-Benders was good. He didn't react as if it was innapropriate to talk about, so he knew he could be a bit more candid with him. He was starting to relax around this guy.

“Bending sounds way more interesting than what I do.” Jing retorted to Ichiro's words on what he did, “But, I just need to bend more.” It was obvious that Jing missed bending. Why hadn't he made time for it? He was a very spiritual person, but in touch with the spirits either. Frankly, his soul was on empty. But, Jing doubted the Waterbender with him would understand. Either he was complete in the matters of spirit, or he wasn't really one to be very spiritual. Spirituality wasn't something you brought up with people, it was a very personal matter, and Jing intended to keep it that way. Regardless, Jing vowed to himself that he would bend more soon. He owed it to himself.

After he said it, Jing realized he might sound like he was interested in more than friendship. Most people in Ba Sing Se said he was a “flirt”, which he didn't understand. 'What was wrong with being friendly?', he thought. Supposedly, a lot. But he payed no mind to such people, as they were probably hoping for more than they would get. Jing just wanted to be friends with Ichiro. He made him smile. Anyone that could do that, was more than okay in Jing's book.

Their conversation occupied time until they reached Jing's apartment, at what appeared, to most, to be the intersection of “Murder Avenue” and “Home Invasion Lane”. Ichiro toughed it out the whole way. This Waterbender earned some major points with Jing for that, since not many people would willingly go here if they had the choice not to. As they reached the steps to the wooden door with one bright light bulb next to it, Jing walked up the steps and turned back to Ichiro, “I'd just like to thank you again, you really did not have to risk yourself for little ol' me.” There was a sincere smile on Jing's face as he said it. “If you ever want to hang out or do something, you know where to find me.” His hand was on the door knob, but he still faced Ichiro waiting for his response.

Post by Gia on Aug 5, 2012 22:45:19 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: Sorry for the wait and the shortness.

Ichiro shrugged when Jing said that bending was better. “To each his own,” he said. “I think what you do is pretty interesting.” If he didn’t agree, that was fine. He didn’t happen. “If you want to bend more, then you should.” He seemed rather busy, though, so it would be all about time management for him. If he wanted to bend more, then he’d have to make time. Not everyone was like the Waterbender, who… well, for lack of a better term, he had no life. He went to work, then went to the park to bend, and then started it all over again. It may seem boring to some, but it was his life, and the brunet wouldn’t have it any other way. If no one else liked his life, then that was their problem. He knew what he wanted, and one day, he would like to be a Master. In order to make that happen, that meant that he had to put a lot of effort into bending. After all, not everyone was a prodigy.

They finally reached Jing’s apartment. If truth be told, Ichiro was very nervous, but he tried not to show it. He was doing a nice thing, and he would be okay. When the Earthbender said that he didn’t have to risk himself, the Waterbender shrugged. “It’s no big deal,” he told him. “I can handle myself.” That was true. He was no slouch, and if necessary, he could defend himself if necessary. He was not a person who like confrontation or would partake in such things if he didn’t absolutely have to. Normally, the brunet was the kind of person who would try and talk his way of any situation rather than fight. If he had to, though, he would defend himself and not allow himself be injured. He wasn’t a coward or anything, he was just not that kind of person at all, and that was okay with him.

Jing then said that Ichiro would know where to find him, and that was true – now he did. The Waterbender gave him a smile. “Yes, now I do,” he said, “and you know where to find me.” The brunet’s smile turned into a smirk. “I’m either at my family’s restaurant or at the park practicing.” He gave another shrug. “I told you, I have no life.” That was okay with him, though, and evidently, his new friend didn’t mind either. It was then that he realized that he didn’t have very many friends, but at least now he had one more. It meant something to him, and he knew it was stupid. He was not some little kid who just started school, and had no friends. He was a full grown man, even if he was only nineteen, but hey… a friend was a friend, right? He enjoyed talking with the Earthbender, and that was all that mattered. “I’ll see you around.” With that, he turned around around and made his way to the quickest way out of the area.
This user is Mod