The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Children Of Republic City

Anonymous
Nov 2, 2012 17:21:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 2, 2012 17:21:37 GMT -6

"Fellow kids and teens, we are now in our darkest hour. The pro-bending arena was attacked by Amon. He has touched a place that is almost sacred to most of us young dreamers, and announed publicly what he intended to do to our family and friends from the whole world.

But WE are the ones who will inherit this world in the future, and I say if we don't take a stand right now, our future will be taken from us. That's why, I think we should unite and make those Equalists realize that we're not afraid. That we, the young, do not intend to sit by and let the oppression of fear rule our future lives.

This is our city too, let us unite and defend it. It is our right, as the Children of Republic City !

RISE !!"

I think I overdid it in this text a bit, but I felt like writing this nice speech, hoping that it would serve as a motivational argument. The truth is, since there's so few characters below the age of 16 - past which they can be considered young adults on the site, honestly - I thought it would be nice to have the youngest get together, or at least know each other, throughout the city.

I'm not goiong to lie, I did intend for them to try and go all gAang style, young heroes kind of group but that's at the bottom of the list of purposes of this group in capital letters, underlined with a glowing red. But first and foremost, they should just meet up and hang out together like normal kids and teenagers supposedly do in TLOK.

Long story short, if you have a character under 16 years old and want to RP with other characters in that same age range, then this ought to be the thread you want to plot in... Hoping to see many posts in here, and that it wil inspire others to make young characters too *bows*

PS: the text at the beginning may or may not have been inspired by the recent release of AC3. I'm sorry about that ;P With some luck, someone will be influenced enough to apply for Skoochy thanks to that, and take the helm >.>
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Nov 2, 2012 18:02:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 2, 2012 18:02:18 GMT -6

I only have one young adult character, Kaede, but he has anxiety and would not be the best at helping. He's a non-bender, but he does support benders and takes offense to the Equalists, like they give people who are non-benders a bad name. If someone came to him, asking for help, he would probably do something of the sort. He's a good runner, but that's all he has in terms of physical strengths.

^^
Anonymous
Nov 5, 2012 19:12:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 5, 2012 19:12:34 GMT -6

;D Despite the revolutionary speech at the beginning (for which I apologize again, it's just so epic) I'm not trying to raise an army of children. For now it would be more of a community... a fellowship, maybe. But saying that they don't agree with the Equalist ways is kind of as far as it goes - for now. It's not even an obligation, I mean, I'd love for any of our youngest OC's to RP with the airbending kids, since they're the only children in the show, and they're not even openly against the Equalist movement.

And I was in fact saying that young adults were teenagers past sixteen. Before reaching that age, I think they can still be called "kiddo" without it being belittling. Or at least that's what it feels like in Avatar *insert second opinion here*

In any case, thank you for replying, Airi ^^. I also have a child of Republic City, although she's technically from Kyoshi. It's Lykka, my 13 year old Earthbender. Youngest OC of the site, too - I checked ! *bows*
Anonymous
Nov 5, 2012 21:44:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 5, 2012 21:44:54 GMT -6

Ahh, okay. Yeah, it did sort of sound like you were trying to raise up an army of youngsters xD

Yeah, I could totally put Kaede up for that kind of thing. He would really like being apart of a community that had similar views and that was really open. He's one of those people that won't talk to others unless they talk to him (even if when strangers talk to him, he scares himself by thinking of worst case scenarios) soooo, yeah o3o

And no problem ^^ I would be great to get more younger characters on the site.