The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Hi, questions of Fun =D

Hizumi
Dec 15, 2012 3:11:19 GMT -6

Post by Hizumi on Dec 15, 2012 3:11:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Now normally i don't actually post in these guest friendly zones. As i normally just join the group of people when i like a board (as i seem to like this one so far.)But of course there is a first time for everything.

Now fun questions as I was going to ask anyways, I figure I ask it now if I’m going to work on a character.

I’ve been wondering, though blond hair or red hair isn’t allowed. I’m going to assume White hair isn’t acceptable, for that would include the interaction with a spirit. (Ignoring the old people factor of having white - grey hair of course.) But there is many other “light” colors, and I’m indeed hoping they aren’t removed. I dunno if it’s been asked, but is Light (insert color) allowed? Such as Light Brown hair? Also, as I tend to enjoy the Water Tribe, I was wondering where do you fall into the rp when you start? Is it location specific? (like south pole or north pole for water.) Or can it be anywhere because of the “Union”.

Also, are characters trapped within the personality styles of their tribe? Or can they be completely out of the “circle” of the stereotype sort a speak. I’ve read somewhere, that the bending skills of a bender are based on their personality. As we see with miss Korra herself being an aggressive style water tribesmen.

And, as for Skin tone, is that going to be based on climatically based locations? Say if a person is of the water tribe, but they are locked into a mountain zone that barely gets and sunlight…say cause of constant blizzards and such. They would be more pale, than those that use fishing and the like as their main source of food because of the reflection of the water creating a sort of Tanning fashion to their people. Same goes for Fire nation member who are more exposed to sun and such, thus getting a more tan tone to them.

Hmm…I think that would have to be it for now. Love the site. Just seeing what is what. I’ve made and been apart of many sites, and as such I just try to see how much I can go into it. =) Thanks for answering my questions…
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 15, 2012 14:43:34 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hello! Let me see if I can answer your questions for you.

The general rule of thumb here on TARP is: "If you haven't seen it on the show, please don't use it." It's a good rule to follow. If you can find canon examples (that aren't obvious exceptions to the norm) of whatever you're trying to use, then it's acceptable. White hair is a case-by-case basis, but your example of interacting with spirits would be disallowed. I think light brown hair would be acceptable, though I'm not sure what other "light" hair colours would be permissible following the show's canon.

The RP is currently only within Republic City and Air Temple Island. Your character can be from anywhere in the world, though we're trying to avoid specific big-name locations until we know more about their current state of existence (eg: Ba Sing Se).

Skin tone is following the show's canon on genetics. Since there is more mingling between people of different Nations, you have a bit more leeway provided that your character's heritage matches up. People of 100% Water Tribe blood, for instance, would be dark-skinned, and people of 100% Fire Nation blood would be light-skinned. Earth Kingdom people are varied in skin tone. I hope that helps. Obviously, climate has part to do with it, but someone who is genetically light skinned would likely burn in a region with a lot of sunlight, rather than "become" a darker skin colour. People who get tanned are still lighter-skinned than people with Water Tribe blood, and are probably darker than lighter-skinned people when they aren't tan. Using your example, a Fire Nation person "more exposed to sun" will probably get sunburned more than tan because they have less melanin than a light-skinned person from the Earth Kingdom who probably has dark-skinned heritage.

Personality-wise, you're free to dictate the personality of your character as you see fit. We encourage that you deviate from the typical "short-tempered firebender" stereotype, but we also ask that you don't go for the immediate antithesis of the stereotype either. Please try to find a balance on personality, rather than just defining it by whether they are stubborn, fiery, or calm.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have further questions.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 15, 2012 14:45:48 GMT -6