The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

A pair of questions

kgal
Aug 29, 2012 16:42:29 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Aug 29, 2012 16:42:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
1. So, for the Equalist characters, will they be garnering a larger role now that the site has time-shifted? Can there be more Equalist meetings and/or recruitment sessions since Tarlok's task force is being established?

2. Is a 1/4 wolf-polar dog hybrid an acceptable pet for a character? I was hoping it would grow to be a bit smaller than a normal polar dog and with similar dark markings, but more of the appearance of a Siberian Husky or fluffy white golden retriever. It would be raised tame since birth but still have a bit of its wolfy tenacity. If that's still too feral, would an 4th generation hybrid be more acceptable? It wouldn't be used for anything other than an animal companion.

Thanks for you time and thoughts! =]
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 29, 2012 16:51:24 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
1. Fine by me, as long as you don't insert yourself in the middle of canon plot (ie: don't have your meetings/recruitment gatecrashed by Tarrlok, Korra, and/or the Taskforce).

2. I would prefer that the not be feral at all, mainly because it then raises questions about the feral portion of their ancestry - how did your character acquire such a pet? How did whomever they got it from acquire such a pet (or an ancestor of, in the case of not-first-generation)? I don't mind having a polar dog that may have been a stray?
This user is Mod
kgal
Aug 29, 2012 17:18:09 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Aug 29, 2012 17:18:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
1. Okay, thanks =]

2. It would have been given to her by her parents, who had spent several weeks in the North Pole. I personally was thinking that its parents and grandmother were both tame - the grandmother would have just mated with a wolf, and all of the pups would have been raised domestic. Then one of those puppies were mated with another polar dog, creating the 1/4 hybrid. And just as a note, I'm not talking about the wild Polar Bear Dogs, which is the creature that Korra tamed. I'm talking about the polar dogs shown in the original series, the sleepy lazy ones:

Again, it wouldn't have been a stray or raised in the wild, and I'm okay with 1/8 hybrid as well. EDIT: and I was thinking its age would be between 2 1/2 to 3 months old.

Thanks for the quick answer!
This user is a guest
Last edit by kgal: Aug 29, 2012 17:21:48 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 29, 2012 17:22:23 GMT -6

Yeah, I had to double check that there was a 'polar dog' vs. a 'polar bear dog'. =P Let's go with 1/8th, yeah?
This user is Mod
kgal
Aug 29, 2012 17:23:29 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Aug 29, 2012 17:23:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, great! Thanks a bunch Kami =D
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 29, 2012 17:40:06 GMT -6

Any time! :]]
This user is Mod