The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Kyoshi Warriors?

mitsumie
Jul 2, 2012 23:23:02 GMT -6

Post by mitsumie on Jul 2, 2012 23:23:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
So, are they still around? They were a tradition on the island and I was wondering if they would still be around. I don't see why not since there are fighting clans in Japan to this day.

So if they are still around, I was wondering if I could make one.

And, while I'm asking questions, I was also wondering if I could make her blind. This would not be the first blind swordswoman I've made and thus is in no way because of Toph. She was not blind since birth and learned how to use a sword before she became blind. BUT! She does use sonic radar type sense. And it's not that foriegn of an idea that a person navigates the world at such a high speed. There is a news video clipping of a blind boy riding a bike by clicking his tongue if anyone else remembers it. . . That's were I got the idea for a blind swordswoman as it were.

This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 2, 2012 23:34:56 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
It is unsure whether or not Kyoshi warriors are still around; last we heard of them, they had been asked to protect Fire Lord Zuko about a year or so into his reign. Until we hear more about them (or don't hear about them at all) I don't think we'll be allowing them.

Regarding your character idea: Kyoshi Warriors, while trained in swordsmanship, aren't swordsmen - not really. Their primary weapon is the bladed fan, not a sword. It's semantics, but I think it's an important distinction to make, considering the origins of the Warriors. As far as your "sonic radar sense", that's a flat out no. Sorry - that sort of character being trained for combat is too much on the "special snowflake" (so to speak) side of the character creation spectrum, and we'd like to keep things balanced for all TARP members.
This user is Mod
mitsumie
Jul 3, 2012 0:28:21 GMT -6

Post by mitsumie on Jul 3, 2012 0:28:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, I'll wait until their shown or not. . .

But I noticed you said 'that sort of character being trained for combat'. She would have actually been full trained before she became blind. Is that still a no even if she already had the skill? Sorry, I just want to full understand my limitations. And sorry if that was what you meant before when you said that.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 3, 2012 8:38:53 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
mitsumie Avatar
Okay, I'll wait until their shown or not. . .

But I noticed you said 'that sort of character being trained for combat'. She would have actually been full trained before she became blind. Is that still a no even if she already had the skill? Sorry, I just want to full understand my limitations. And sorry if that was what you meant before when you said that.

That is still a 'no', that is correct. It's not so much when they were trained, it's the fact that they are skilled in that department + they have a handicap that doesn't actually affect them at all / gives them special powers (so to speak). TARP is about the everyday character. There are fighters, there are civilians, but quite frankly a character like that would be overpowered for this site.
This user is Mod