The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Canon Characters

Anonymous
Jun 9, 2012 10:15:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 9, 2012 10:15:12 GMT -6

So I guess I have two questions.

My first one is: are the currently crossed characters on the list ever going to be available for applications ?
Such as Tarrlok, whose evil has seriously revved my engine in last episode ?

And my second is: has the staff's plot everything planned for every one of the canon characters, or just the crossed ones ? That is to say, when someone gets Lin Beifong - I'm rooting for you, Mizu !! - or someone less central such as Tahno or Lightning Bolt Zolt, will they (always) be bound by what the plot has in store or will there be some... freedom of action ?

*bows*
This user is a former member
Last edit: Jun 9, 2012 12:07:21 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 9, 2012 12:12:48 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hello, Joychi! Remember - spoiler tag your posts. ;] It's not out everywhere yet, so let's keep the spoilers outside the spoiler discussion threads to a minimum — especially while the site is still in the beginning episodes!

First question: It depends on the character! We do not think we will be opening, say, Katara or Zuko, but Tahno would eventually open, as would Tarlok. For the characters with a more interesting plot twist, the Staff would be a lot pickier about who gets to play. For those characters, we need to pick a player that is not only capable, but someone we can trust.

Second: We are going to be sticking with canon this time around. There is some freedom of action, but certain characters — if their actions progress the plot forward — will be bound by them. One of the biggest issues we had converting to Korra —- or even trying to time skip between seasons during the gAang era —- was that we had gone so AU and allowed so much "freedom of action" that canon events were twisted out of the timeline, and we had a lot of difficulty continuing the plot.

So the long and short of it is yes, there will be freedom of action, but if their "fate" moves the plot along, they will be bound to its outcome.

Hope this helps!
This user is Mod