The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[ALL PLEASE!] TARP might move!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 14, 2012 20:20:15 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
spode Avatar
Would the new site keep the newspaper layout?

I can't answer that entirely. I would try to convert it, if we moved (or stayed, either way) to whatever system was being used. It may not be 100% the same, but I would try to the best of my abilities.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 15, 2012 16:41:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 15, 2012 16:41:44 GMT -6

I personally like the idea of keeping the site on proboards, but that might also be because I disable javascript whenever I come here, so losing fancy codes wouldn't bother me.
I knw I've been really inactive as of late, but there are times when I come back at least to read a few lines of a few old things I've written, and I'm just an OCD-freak who has to have everything in one place for simplicity's sake. that, and I already have like a zillion bookmarks.

those are my two bits; not sure how much they're worth, but hey.
~Tenoko~
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 15, 2012 16:48:24 GMT -6

tenoko Avatar
I personally like the idea of keeping the site on proboards, but that might also be because I disable javascript whenever I come here, so losing fancy codes wouldn't bother me.
I knw I've been really inactive as of late, but there are times when I come back at least to read a few lines of a few old things I've written, and I'm just an OCD-freak who has to have everything in one place for simplicity's sake. that, and I already have like a zillion bookmarks.

those are my two bits; not sure how much they're worth, but hey.
~Tenoko~

May I ask why you're disabling Javascript? Feel free to PM your response.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 16, 2012 11:16:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 16, 2012 11:16:08 GMT -6

"I will follow you into the dark, TARP"

-probably not a good time for quoting DCFC songs, but that being said, I will go wherever you all go- [:
Anonymous
Nov 16, 2012 14:51:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 16, 2012 14:51:52 GMT -6

May I ask why you're disabling Javascript? Feel free to PM your response.

I'd say it's mostly a combination of me not having the best of computers and that I've got a ton of other things running at the same time in most cases. Disabling it just shaves time off loading times, which I hate.

~Tenoko~

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 16, 2012 18:18:55 GMT -6

@tenoko - That's... problematic for us. We tend to use JS when we need to alert members to things, or to modify posts (like character profiles) to be useful. Could I ask you what your loading times for TARP are with JS enabled? Please PM me your response, thanks. :]
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 26, 2012 17:22:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 26, 2012 17:22:35 GMT -6

I'm willing to follow yall wherever you go, a domain change wouldn't bother me all that much, whatever is easier for those who run it of course.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 30, 2012 12:35:30 GMT -6

Thanks for everyone's input! We are currently testing the v5 software for its capabilities and will let everyone know once we make a decision. The poll will remain open, but I will go ahead and lock this thread.
This user is Mod