The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Celebrate Good Times!

Post by Gia on Jul 31, 2012 23:17:12 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Hello, Members! I hope everything is going well!

As some of you may know, there is a special event that comes every October – TARP’s Annual Year-End Celebration! TARP’s Anniversary is on October 8th, the day I created it back in 2005. Every year, we have a month-long celebration to go along with that. We open up a special board, and members are allowed to have fun in there, free of RP time restraints.

There are all sorts of threads – OOC and IC. We’ve tried various things over the year – everything from games, to fun RP’s… This year, we decided to try something again that we’ve only tried once before. Members will be allowed to run their own threads! If you have an idea, please post it here! It may have been tried before, or it may be something the staff is already doing. Don’t worry about that. One of us will respond and let you know. If it’s been tried before, we’ll let you know. If you want to do it anyway, great. If you don’t want to run a thread, but you still have an idea that might be great, suggest it! The staff make it take it up, or another member may decide to do it.

The Celebration is for you, so we’re giving you the chance to help make it great!

Come on, and let’s see some ideas for our Tarpiversary! We will be keeping track in this post of what’s been suggested.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 3, 2012 17:12:34 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Come on! It doesn't matter if you think the idea might not work, or you're new and nervous... suggest something anyway! I swear we don't bite.
This user is Mod
jin
Aug 3, 2012 18:39:14 GMT -6

Post by jin on Aug 3, 2012 18:39:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
FINE!

This is gonna be so universally new that everyone's jaw will drop.

So different minds will be blown and then reconstructed again.

Beach party and all of the illegal totally SFW stuff that ensues.
This user is a guest
jiggyt35
Aug 4, 2012 13:12:40 GMT -6

Post by jiggyt35 on Aug 4, 2012 13:12:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
BEACH PARTTTTTYYYYYYY! I would definitely be down with that! You are right Jin, my mind was blown, and then reconstructed, but better yet you inspired me:

Giant masquerade ball! It could be like a big after party for the Pro-bending finals or something. Everyone could wear masks and dress up and mingle! Well, that's my take on the 'big party' idea, but does anyone else have ideas? This is my first year on TARP so I don't really know what we're looking for here.

OH OH! What if we did a 'Ember Island Players' version of Avatar Korra growing up and learning bending and coming to Republic City? Everything would be very poorly acted out and contrived, but it would follow the story up to where we are in the time line, and then the ending would be wrapped up very quickly with what the players think would happen. I just really love the Ember Island Players, ok?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 4, 2012 14:18:27 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Something to keep in mind when suggesting ideas: they need to be executable by either staff and/or members. I don't think that the Ember Island players would be exactly easy to pull off.

An in-character beach party would be great, as would a masque ball — but it'd be one or the other, I think, since we do already have a few free-form IC RPs going on.

Games and other events that would be fun the more people participated would be the best suggestions. We've had a "dunk the staff" OOC RP (where you play, essentially, as yourself, and you "dunk" a staff member [via RP] into a dunk tank). :] Hope this helps with ideas!
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 5, 2012 17:51:27 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Great ideas, both of you! Also, something to remember - are you suggesting to run these yourself or would you like someone else to do it (another member, the staff). Good start!
This user is Mod
taedxoa
Aug 6, 2012 16:57:27 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Aug 6, 2012 16:57:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Errm... I hesitate a bit to suggest this, but it was somewhat a hit at many a past Anniversary Carnival. The spirit of Aunt Wu would perhaps like to do a fortune-telling booth. I kinda wore out the tarot card bit so I have a few new ideas I'm tossing around.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 6, 2012 19:10:03 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Sure, why not? After all, the carnival is AU and doesn't count anyway, so I don't see a problem with that at all.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 9, 2012 21:09:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 9, 2012 21:09:27 GMT -6

oh gosh, so new, I feel weird posting here

But I would like to put my two cents worth in and say I'm a bigger fan of the ball than the beach party ^^ I'm just a sucker for extremely pretty dresses. I would actually be really up for designing dresses, suits, masks, whatever if anyone wants visuals. I dunno. I'm just trying to be useful xD

Dunk the staff member, though, sounds hilarious. I'm in on that. What about a pie eating contest?

And this will sound really weird, but kiss the pig would be great. It was something we did in one of my elementary schools. Which ever teacher got the most votes had to kiss a pig. Nfgbakdngbslapqnc I'm so tried and that's not good for idea making. Someone slap me.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Aug 9, 2012 21:44:40 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Are you suggesting kiss the pig in addition a dunk the staff? Cause to me that seems like the only way that would work, with a limited group to work with. Unless you had another idea.

A pie eating contest sounds interesting, but I'm unsure how that work in an RP-setting. Do you have any ideas?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 13, 2012 22:47:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 13, 2012 22:47:19 GMT -6

God, I should stop posting so late at night... er, morning?

Yeah, toss the kiss the pig idea. As for pie eating, I've always enjoyed how the probending thing worked. A simple template with a few dice. Perhaps, instead of out of 20, it be out of ten. Depending on how many people do it, I could see it as something of either: the lowest number doesn't finish that pie, thus doesn't finish entirely (and the rest of that post being how they were too stuffed to go on) and you do that with each pie, so if there were five people, there would be five quick rounds. If a person doesn't post in the time frame, then they're disqualified. Or we could do it as one fell swoop, setting a requirement. The people that hit the requirement go on to the next round. If no one hits the requirement, the person with the highest number wins, etc. I dunno. It's an idea.
Last edit by Deleted: Aug 13, 2012 22:48:07 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Aug 14, 2012 0:39:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yes, that it is. :) It sounds interesting. If Kami can figure out a dice roll of some kind, it's an idea.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Aug 14, 2012 0:53:57 GMT -6
azn
Aug 14, 2012 10:05:45 GMT -6

Post by azn on Aug 14, 2012 10:05:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Assuming we go with a carnival-type event)
How about some prebending-esque carnival games? Hit targets with clay discs/ jets of water / ball of fire, again relying on dicerolls for success?

Or better yet, a just-for-fun battle royal? Or 'deadly' obstacle course, like American Gladiators (i miss that show) only with bending. Winners get tickets that can be redeemed for prizes, like stuffed Mako-dolls lol

side-note: beach-party would be a fun way to get people to meet new people, but wouldn't you have to be invited by someone?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 14, 2012 11:23:52 GMT -6

I want to limit the amount of things that would require heavy moderation. Whether it's member- or staff-run, anything that's going to need dice roll is going to need significant viewing to make sure there's no cheating. I think we already have three or four dice-dependant events, so let's try to do stuff that may be more RP-based, rather than numbers-based.

As far as the beach party, nah. Who cares? This is AU, so barring saying that a canon character invited you, it doesn't matter how you get there. Just make sure to read the opening post in whatever "party" thread we have, and you'll be good to go.
This user is Mod
jin
Aug 17, 2012 17:47:34 GMT -6

Post by jin on Aug 17, 2012 17:47:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Beach party! Anyway, I could run it myself seeing as life is slowing down once again. Unless a member of staff, or a member wanted to do it. Or maybe do both a masque ball and the party. The ball during the day light hours, or early night time, say 8-10 or 8-12 and then a beach party from 1-5 with the games on the beach. I think that in itself would flow really well, and make it seem more realistic. This is just my opinion though.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 17, 2012 20:55:31 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
It's not the time frame of the threads, but the amount of one type that we have. As Kami said earlier, we already have a few free-form IC things going on. All these threads in the carnival run simultaneously.We'll take what you said into consideration, though.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 31, 2012 20:27:04 GMT -6

More ideas are welcome! Remember, this will take place separately from the main RP, so if you wanted to RP something we don't normally allow, now is your time to propose it! (Still in the Korra-verse, though, of course)
This user is Mod
kgal
Sept 2, 2012 13:29:56 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Sept 2, 2012 13:29:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This is a bit of a stretch, but maybe something like a couples' park? I know we have the private/romance rps, but this could be a set-aside place just where couples - or even friends - could relax, talk, kiss, hang out in general, etc. Maybe it's a little rose garden with paths, benches, and fountains (and paper lamps!) or something larger like on a lakeside or beach.

EDIT: Another idea just came to me. What about a "fashion" show or pet show or something? That way people can both spectate and compete, if they wish. And for the fashion show, it could either be glamour or just for fun with crazy outfits (maybe steampunk?)

Also, for the more creative-oriented, maybe competitions involving drawing, writing, poetry, etc? Maybe there could be themes or special games (haiku stand-off sound familiar?) like having writing need to be very short, or poetry being read aloud in a park or something. Plus, if competitions are more exciting to people, then the entries could be voted on.

Finally, maybe instead of Aunt Wu fortunetelling, it could be Meng? She could potentially still be alive - and since this is sort of AU anyway, it might work - and she would be in her fortune-telling prime. Any thoughts?
This user is a guest
Last edit by kgal: Sept 2, 2012 13:37:40 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 2, 2012 16:00:31 GMT -6

We already have a couple of generic RP threads, so I'm not sure a specific one for 'couples' would work. It could be included in the "Through the Carnival" thread, so I'll figure something out with that.

We are already having a Haiku contest, though I believe it is OOC. We are doing prompt competitions this year again, and maybe I can set up some art competitions, though I am not sure how well it will turn out (there weren't a lot of entries before). I can discuss it with the rest of the staff, though.

As far as fortune telling, that is up to Taed/Sora, as he will be handling it.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 7, 2012 19:25:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 7, 2012 19:25:45 GMT -6

I would have to talk more with the Family, of course, but a couple of us have tossed around the idea of running a tour of the Temple. It's still an extremely rough idea but it would be "board-wide". I think it'd be a neat idea for a date situation for those of you who have characters that are together in that sense. It would also be interesting for anybody that would like to know more about the Airbenders.

I'm hoping to get the whole family to cooperate and run the tour, of course.

Anywho, just a thought.