The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

concerns and condolences (mako)

Anonymous
Nov 21, 2012 23:29:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 21, 2012 23:29:06 GMT -6

Korra had ran out so early today, her bumbling -Asami had to admit- was cute. Airsitting to Babybending was utterly hilarious to the dark haired young woman. Before she had met Mako, most of her social life had consisted of those in her social class though she often reached out of her comfort zone in hopes for friends that would be by her side no matter what, people as strong as she was and those interested as much in things she was. Mostly, they were prim and proper, so there were no slip ups. What might be normal for some people, Asami found interesting to have around.

Despite the moment of comedy, the reality had hit her that it hadn't been too long ago that the probending arena had been attacked with those she cared about in immediate danger, instantly giving her a restless night. She pushed through her exhaustion to treat the boys out, take Korra on a ride in the Satomobile and asking for her father's forgiveness on bringing home her boyfriend and his only family into their home for residence, but her movements had become noticeably sluggish - to her, at the least - after dinner.

Most of the time, she would go to her father for a bit of help concerning her fears, but the feeling of responsibility had hit her hard. If she had not convinced her father to sponsor the Fire Ferrets, her friends would not have been put in danger. Despite coming out unscathed from the attack from the Equalists, she still felt like she had helped them almost take away the people she cared the most about. And even if you excluded her worry for her friends, her peace of mind had been taken over since the attack. She had been in that crowd when they attacked. She had watched a woman put on that vile mask, a woman that sat not too far away from where she watched her.

She tried to relax on her own with a bath or getting some rest, but neither worked. She hadn't even managed a wink of sleep and the bath merely washed away the make up she had so carefully placed to cover up the bags under her eyes. When she felt like she could not hold it in any longer, knowing if she kept it to herself any longer that she would explode, she dressed herself in an appropriate nightgown, even wrapping a robe around herself and left her room for Mako's.

Asami stood by his door for a moment, her fist hovering next to the wooden door, wondering if he would mind her unexpected visit and if he wouldn't think too much of it. Finally, she managed to knock three times and wait a few moments in case he was making himself presentable before opening the door wide enough to poke her head through. "I'm not sleeping too well. May I come in?"
[/color] she asked, though, knowing her boyfriend, she doubted he would turn her away and came in, closing the door behind her with her back as she rested against it, rubbing her eyes with one hand as the other pinched the fabric of the neck of her robe together as if it would open if she didn't make sure to hold it.

"The match... the finals, Mako. I was so scared,"[/color] she said, her eyes watering up a bit. The hand that had rubbed her eyes now rubbed away her tears from her naked face.[/blockquote][/blockquote]
This user is a former member
noa
Nov 28, 2012 15:27:24 GMT -6

Post by noa on Nov 28, 2012 15:27:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It was a difficult thing to wrap his head around. For someone so used to a harsh reality and an uncertain future, he was still in disbelief of what had happened at the stadium. The attack was a blur in his mind. He tried to remember the details, but they faded into the panic and chaos that were all too prominent in his memory. The explosion, the screams, and the sheer agony of having volts of electricity coursing over his body...that would be something he wouldn't soon forget.

He shouldn't have pressed so hard to continue with the tournament. If he hadn't then maybe none of this would have happened. He wouldn't have put everyone's safety in jeopardy. Over one match...something so important to him before seemed so small and insignificant now in the face of Amon.

He had felt helpless. Truthfully, he still did. All he could do was watch while Korra risked her life, and he was so glad that she hadn't been hurt or worse. But after all that, Amon still got away. He was still a threat lurking somewhere in Republic City like a monster in the shadows. A monster waiting to spring from the darkness and attack any unsuspecting bender.

It wouldn't be like that next time. Next time, he wouldn't just stand by.
Avatar or not, he wasn't going to let her get hurt.

He clutched the sheets in his hand as he laid in bed. Everything was so clean here. Not that he didn't enjoy it, in fact, he could get used to the orderliness of the Sato manor. But it was unfamiliar and vastly different from the living conditions that he was accustomed to.

A knock on the door urged him to climb out of bed. Who could it be...Asami? He raked a hand through his hair, trying to flatten the disarray. Shorts and a T-shirt...that was presentable enough, right? He sighed, making his way over to the door. Before he had a chance to touch the knob, the entry cracked open, Asami peaking her head through.

"I'm not sleeping too well. May I come in?"

"O-of course," he nodded. He averted his eyes upward towards the ceiling as she closed the door behind her. He wasn't accustomed to being around
girls in their...nightwear. Mako rubbed the back of his neck as he locked eyes with her. Was he blushing? He hoped not.

And then came the tears.

"Hey, it's alright now," he comforted her, helping to wipe the tears from her face. He gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Amon won't get away with this. That lunatic will get what's coming to him soon enough."
[/blockquote]
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 28, 2012 16:43:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 28, 2012 16:43:59 GMT -6

Suddenly, Asami felt awkward standing there in her nightgown and robe in the face of her boyfriend, whose face had light up at the sight of her. It wasn't a bad thing she supposed, but she could have thought out this visit more thoroughly. Even some of her day wear could have been more suitable for a visit, but that hadn't really been her biggest concern at the moment. In fact, seeing Mako dressed as such was a tad reassuring, like she hadn't been prancing around in something inappropriate while he was fully dressed and ready for anything. She remembered a previous thought for a moment, wondering if any of the gossiping maids had caught her in the halls.

His touch on her shoulder felt comforting, but in a way that still left her with her worries. With him, she felt safe no matter the situation- good or bad. There was no threat in her house, yet by his side she knew nothing bad would happen until she left his side. She knew she would have to, eventually. Staying in his room all night would be a death wish. That would be something the maids could notice even if she was careful getting back to her own room.

The dark haired young woman leaned forward, resting her head lightly on Mako's chest and wrapping her arms around him, finding that her tears of stress and worry were quickly coming to a rest. The previous night, the night before she picked them up, had not been so easy. That night, her head had begun to buzz after all the crying she had done and kept her up most of the night. She was surprised she even had it in her to let out a few more tears at this moment.

Asami came to a realization when Mako spoke up once more. "It isn't Amon that scares me,"
[/color] she told him, knowing her voice would be muffled if she had kept in the embrace, so she had let go, looking up to him as she talked. It was true, she thought. When she worried, when she slept and dreamed, it hadn't been the symbol of the revolution - Amon's mask - that haunted her. Yes, the idea of Equalists around her in hiding was frightening, but it was not what she feared most. "I had been so.. so helpless up in those stands,"[/color] she told him.

She took a step back, leaning up against the door before sliding down to the grown. Her green eyes shed no more tears, a look a worry plastered on her face. "I wasn't able to do a thing up in the stands, watching you fall into the sink and..."[/color] She needn't finish her sentence. "I can fight. I can protect myself. But up in those stands, I felt like I was trapped behind a glass. All I could do was watch."[/color]

Everything had happened on the probending stage, far from a spectators grasp. She had wanted to go down there and help the trio escape from their bindings, but there had been no way. She knew- she checked. "I'm scared the same thing might happen to you, that you'll get caught and attacked. You, Bolin and Korra."[/color] [/blockquote][/blockquote]
This user is a former member