The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

A Rough Patch [tag: Mako]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 5, 2012 13:01:56 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Bolin sat miserably on his bed, his nose stuffed up and his head pounding. He still felt queasy after getting hit in the stomach with an earth disc, even though the match had been over hours ago. Drawing his knees up to his chin, the earthbender clasped his hands around his legs.

Are we okay?
Yeah. We're brothers.

But that wasn't just it, was it? Even if they were going to be okay, they weren't there yet.

With a sigh, Bolin stared blankly at the opposite wall. How could this have happened? They had such a good time and...

If he closed his eyes, he could still see it. The two of them. Together. Like that.

He had dropped her flowers somewhere when he ran. They were probably trampled underfoot by now, like his feelings. A dozen bowls of Narook's special wound up being bland, especially considering it was the thing they had eaten together. He wondered if he could ever go back to the Noodlery again.

The door to the loft opened, and Bolin looked up to see his brother walk in. The younger boy's lower lip wobbled, and he looked away.

"Hey," Bolin muttered, his eyes fixated on the wood floor.
This user is Mod
noa
Nov 10, 2012 21:45:37 GMT -6

Post by noa on Nov 10, 2012 21:45:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
We're brothers. He reminded himself of that, even as his mind cycled through the torrential downpour of events that had occurred within the past day. They couldn't just let a girl come between them, not after all that they had been through. Avatar or not, she was just a girl, wasn't she? A brash, hard-headed one at that. It would be stupid to fall for someone like that...

But was she ever amazing in that match. On her own, no less. He would be lying to himself if he said he wasn't impressed.

He sighed, ascending the stairs to the loft. Mako knew what was coming. The forced pleasantries and the awkward silence that would follow. Bolin had been torn apart by the ordeal, and who could blame him? He warned Korra about getting involved with his brother, but she wouldn't listen. He knew this would end up happening. If she had only listened. The image of Bolin flashed through his mind, frozen there after witnessing...

We're brothers.

Mako gently shut the door behind him, his brother greeting him only a moment afterwards. "Hey," he repeated, stopping short when he noticed Bolin's fixation with the floor. Was he pouting? That sounded about right. Typical Bolin.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, remembering the earth discs he was pelted with and the spill that ensued afterwards. He crossed his arms over his chest, suddenly inclined to cast his eyes to the floor as well.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 14, 2012 22:17:58 GMT -6

"TERRIBLE!" he burst out, staring at Mako. "I feel like my heart got ripped out and stomped on by the two people I trust the most! Like I —- oh you're talking about the noodles. Oh." He blushed a little, staring at the floor again. "Gut's a little sore from the hit, but I'm fine."

The silence was more than a little awkward. What was there to say? Mako knew that he liked Korra. He even told him so, told him that he was going to be asking her out! It just wasn't fair. Of course, Korra was free to make her own decisions, but ... it still hurt. A lot. Worse than getting pummelled in the gut with a stomach full of food. Worse than getting his shoulder dislocated. The stomach ache went away, and the shoulder was healed, but his chest — no, his heart — was still sore and bruised.

Leave some girls for the rest of us!

He had been joking, of course. Or at least, he thought he had been joking. Apparently there was more truth to what he said than he had recognised at the time.

"Why, Mako?" Bolin said miserably. "You knew I liked her, I told you." His demeanour was sullen, he knew, but this was important! If he couldn't even trust Mako, then what was he going to do?
This user is Mod
noa
Nov 28, 2012 16:31:05 GMT -6

Post by noa on Nov 28, 2012 16:31:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: In which I hate my character. Sorry this response took forever!

Mako's eyes went wide at Bolin's outburst, but he quickly regained his composure. He had tried to wall himself up to stay immune to his brother's tears, but he could feel the guilt seeping in through the cracks. No matter how he went about it, he had betrayed Bolin's trust. Now to repair the damage. Korra, was she really worth all of this trouble?

Wait, why should I feel guilty? He silently fumed. She kissed me. I told her not to get involved with a teammate. I told them both!

"It wasn't a good idea to get involved with another team member," he said sternly. "And she-she kissed me!" He frowned, refusing to make eye contact with his brother.

It was true. Korra was the one who had come forward and told him that she liked him. Even though she knew he was with Asami. Asami. What if she found out about this? She wouldn't. He couldn't tell her. That kiss meant nothing after all. What would be the point in telling her?

Why did she do that? Korra...

And there was that image again. His brother standing there, tears welling up in his eyes before running off. His heart being shattered to bits.

A wave of guilt washed over him.

"Look Bo...Bolin. I'm sorry." He sighed, forcing himself to look at his brother, as pitiful as the sight was. "I should have just pushed her off. I didn't mean to...to hurt you like that."
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 6, 2012 14:07:19 GMT -6

OOC: Please don't worry about it! I'm rather slow myself. :x And you know, sometimes I think Bo is the more mature one of these two.

It wasn't a good idea to get involved with another team member! And she — she kissed me!

Bolin turned to stare at his brother. Now this was all his fault? He was asking to be hurt like this? His jaw hung open as he stared in complete disbelief. He loved his brother — if he didn't, this wouldn't hurt quite so bad (still painful, but not like he was being stabbed in the front AND back) — but there were times when Mako was just a huge hogmonkey's hind end. He snapped his jaw shut and went back to staring at the floor.

"You got involved with her too," he muttered under his breath.

It didn't matter that Korra kissed him first. It really didn't. Sure, it hurt! But Korra was her own woman, and, well, if he wasn't the one for her there's nothing he could do about it. But Mako! They were brothers! And even if they weren't, they were still friends. Mako knew how much he liked her. We're brothers! he wanted to scream. It wasn't so much that he held him to a brotherly code, but ... he knew. He had known. And now he was just trying to put all the blame on him, and on Korra, and take no responsibility for —

Look Bo... Bolin. I'm sorry. I should have just pushed her off. I didn't mean to... to hurt you like that.

He bit his lip to keep from saying, Well, you did. It wasn't going to get them anywhere. Instead, Bolin sighed and rubbed his upper arm.

"Thanks," he said. For the apology. "I... I'm not mad or anything." When he said it, he knew it was true. He wasn't mad at his brother. He was just really, really hurt. Bolin curled his hand into a fist and gently punched Mako in the arm. "Just don't ever do it again, okay?" He offered him a little smile. "Or I'll have to deck 'ya."

He leaned back, linking his fingers together behind his neck, and stared at the loft's high wooden ceiling. "So... what do we do now?" Bolin wondered aloud. It's not like they could go back to the way things were before, like nothing happened. Even though Mako apologised — which was great! — there still was an air of tension between them that wasn't there before. Bolin could forgive, but it would be much harder and would take much longer to forget.
This user is Mod