The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Treasures [tag: RYARI]

Anonymous
Nov 3, 2012 12:16:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 3, 2012 12:16:03 GMT -6

'Treasures' Restaurant and Collectibles
[TAG: Zombi]

The smells were certainly enticing, but the sights were, in comparison to the slender man before him, rather uninteresting. Despite there being many different sorts of antiques and collectibles hanging on the walla Kwan's gaze rarely left the form of Shtiya and he raptly paid attention to the younger man. He ordered himself a cup of longjing tea and smiled across the table. "I'm a member of the Republic City Power Union. Which is to say, I work in the power plant. I'm a firebender, with a specialty in lightning. I've been working in the plant for almost seven years. I've managed to save quite a lot of money, since I only recently moved out of my parents home."

He was comfortable talking about himself. It was a subject that he intimately familiar with and he couldn't make any stupid mistakes that way. He did, however, want to learn more, everything really, about the one across from him. "I have my own Satomobile, though I don't use it over-much. I live nearby, and my weekdays are mostly spent working, with the occasional evening spent with a friend." His smile warmed and he placed the parcel upon the table. His tea arrived and before he sipped the young firebender nodded to Shtiya. "What about yourself? Surely you must model or something else befitting your looks?" It was a compliment, but to Kwan it was also truth. He must have some sort of wonderful job or career that he does. He's absolutely beautiful. That skin, those eyes, Avatar's own luck, but if every inch of him is as gorgeous as what I can see now... his thoughts trailed off as a blush suffused his face. He tried to hide it in his teacup as he listened to the angelic bender.

"I..." he started slowly after a break in the conversation. "...I figured I would get you this, since I ran into you and all. An apology, if you will, for not only that, but sticking my foot in my mouth." The blush remained as Kwan remembered exactly what it was that had been said. Wait until later in the meal, and if things go well, maybe you can ask him if he'd like to have lunch or dinner on another day. Try not to use the word date, though. Unless you're sure of how he...ya know...leans. His thoughts seemed to be coaching him in a good direction, which was what they usually did when he actually had time to think them.

"I saw you looking at it, and I figured that something you looked at so longingly would make a perfect apology gift...and ya know...I like to buy pretty things for..." Here the golden eyes rose from teacup to the aqualine eyes opposite the table from him. "...Well, pretty people deserve pretty things." It was, perhaps, a bit much, not knowing Shtiya's sexual preferences, but the small house of a firebender simply couldn't help but flirt. He was interested, Shtiya was more than good looking, and it really couldn't be helped. He had to flirt or he'd hate himself later for not even trying.

[TAG: Ryari]

Oh, a power plant worker! How exciting. Shtiya smiled, showing even white teeth. "That must be exciting!" he said. He couldn't imagine what it must be like in there. What a rewarding job! Providing necessary power to the whole city — it might get monotonous after a while, perhaps, but Shtiya thought it would be a nice occupation. "I appreciate the p-power you p-p-p-—" unable to get the word out, he closed his eyes for a second, breathing deeply through his nose. Work past the frustration and continue, choose a different word. "Make. The power you make." He smiled a close-lipped smile and sipped from his tea, glancing away. It was still embarrassing, even after all this time.

"I have my own Satomobile"

Well that got his attention. The man had his own Satomobile? It must pay well in the power plant! Shtiya's eyes were a bit wide, surprised. He had always been taught that it was rude, of course, to comment on money, religions, or politics when dining with strangers or outside of one's home, so he said nothing. His surprise was, regardless, clear. He could not possibly imagine having that kind of money. Even growing up, his family had been dreadfully working-class. Shtiya had grown up in a comfortable home, with enough, but not an excess. Saving up to buy things was normal for him. Even that cheap, plain shirt had been carefully saved for.

"What about yourself? Surely you must model or something else befitting your looks?"

The young Waterbender almost choked on his tea. "N-n-no," he said quickly, "I'm — I'm a healer." Just a healer, nothing glamourous, but he loved it. '"I'm from the N-north Pole. But, I've l---ived here in the city for about t-two years now." Hopefully Kwan wouldn't ask about his own family, considering the bad memories he'd already stirred up by inciting some thinking on Shtiya's part. He hated to explain his situation to people, but the Waterbender never lied, and so if asked he had no choice. It was better to avoid talking about his family, though. It was always a bit distressing, and as such made the stammer worse.

They were soon approached and asked for their order, and so he was saved for a moment by the ordering of food. Shtiya wanted just soup and bread please, nothing fancy. By the time the food came he found he was starving, and so tucked into the meal with more relish than he'd anticipated. It was perfect, just spicy enough. The young man closed his eyes with pleasure for a moment — he so rarely ate food he didn't make himself!

As Kwan pushed the parcel across the table to him, Shtiya once again found himself not knowing what to say. Surely, surely his wondering mind had been correct earlier, when questioning... preferences. How else could he possibly explain this kindness? Looking up at the tall man through long, dark lashes, Shtiya just.. stared, for a moment. He didn't know what to say. Bright blue eyes mirrored the inner turmoil of wanting but feeling duty-bound to say no. He hadn't been given a present by anyone in... quite a long time. "I —" he brushed a finger gingerly over the bright paper. He knew what it was without opening it; there was only one thing he'd been eyeing in that store, after all. And he knew full well how expensive it was. "I — I d-——-on't know how I could p-possibly accept something so... ex-—-pensive," he said, voice soft, the stammer worse for his emotions. "I c-c-could never pay you back."
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Nov 7, 2012 14:30:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 7, 2012 14:30:12 GMT -6

A smile and a short shrug accompanied Shtiya's words."It's all right. It keeps me busy, allows me to cover my bills, and when I care to use the thing, it helps with my Satomobile expenses." His smile broadened not quite showing teeth. He sincerely hoped that Shtiya wasn't upset over the stuttering, Kwan actually thought it was cute. A little something that set the smaller waterbender apart from much of the rest of the citizens of Republic City. Kwan took another little stab as to the preferences of the male across the table. "I'm glad that my abilities provide light for you. It would be a shame to hide such skin in shadows. So for my part in that..." he allowed the sentence to trail off as if it were quite natural to do so.

Awfully forward of you, but with any luck you've read correctly. It's a long stretch, and Kwan if you're wrong, there is a very likely chance that you just may end up in that little apartment of yours alone for a fair number of days...

The smiling firebender watched his counter-part quite closely. The widening of the eyes, the way his body reacted when Kwan mentioned his Satomobile made his smile broaden, once more displaying the brilliant white teeth. It seemed as if it came quite naturally to the larger man, that dazzling smile. "Can I rightly assume..." he started, voice confident and full "...that you've never ridden in one? I'm afraid it's not exactly a high end model or anything. I could barely afford to purchase it. I saved the vast majority of my salaries for several years." He hadn't really thought anything of it at the time. He had enough that he could eat healthy, and he didn't go out much during that time, considering that he had still been living with his parents at the time.

"I was rather fortunate during the time that I was saving." The sun-darkened plant worker shrugged sheepishly. "You see, my mother was very protective of her baby and when I first..." He cut off abruptly and wondered why it was he had been about to tell a relative stranger such a personal story.

Molten-gold eyes wandered upward and to the off toward right as his thoughts made themselves at home. He doesn't really need to know about the first boy you fell in love with. You don't know him, he doesn't know you, and it's only minorly relevant to the story. You should probably just fill something else in here. Quickly, before he realises that you're losing yourself in your own mind. After these thoughts ran their course amber orbs slowly traced left.

"...Sorry, I...lost my train of thought." The lie was thick on his tongue and he wished he could snap it back with his teeth, or blow it away on the breeze. Anything really. "What was I saying? Oh bother, nevermind, I'm doing such a great deal of talking about me. This is supposed to be a conversation, right? Not some sort of great monologue." An abashed grin found its way onto his face as his eyes sought the cerulean gaze of his lunch partner. He was very interested in Shtiya, but didn't want him to be put off by too overt an approach. Kwan tried not to let his gaze wander to other portions of the youth's body, and even so it still wound it's way to the slender neck, cheekbones, and even the slight glimpses of collarbone that could be stolen without seeming completely obtuse.

"I would lo...greatly appreciate getting to know you better. I certainly hope that you not be embarrassed to ask me any question you may have. I'm a fairly open book and don't mind sharing." His scarred knuckles wrapped once more around the tea cup as he lifted it to full lips and sipped. The tea was still nearly steaming, and he ensured that a claypot of the lingjing had been left. He hoped that this restaurant didn't mix up their serving pots. He hadn't paid too much attention to the tea the first time he'd tried it, having affixed all of the available, and allowable, senses that he could toward the healer.

He proffered the small glazed clay cup of his own tea. "I'm not sure how much you know about teas, but this one is a particular favourite of mine. Perhaps you'd like to try it?" It was an almost too obvious ploy to get the waterbender to place his lips upon his own cup, but it was one that the firebender offered nonchalantly enough that he hoped it wouldn't be read that way. I think it would be most opportune if you passed off the gift as a if it weren't a particularly big thing. It may have been a little expensive, but it won't set you back over much. At worst you'll have to walk to work for a couple of days, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. The exercise certainly wouldn't kill you, now would it? Besides, look at that face. And those eyes. Oh those gorgeous eyes. Can you imagine watching those eyes open first thing in the morning... Once more Kwan's imagination got away from him, bringing another blush to his cheeks. However, he didn't allow his golden eyes to leave Shtiya's own blue. They are gorgeous. He's just so... "...perfect." This last was whispered, barely audible unless one were paying particular attention to his words.

He tried to hide it under a cough and pushed the cup a little further across the table. More time spent in his head, and luckily no comment had been made about how often he seemed to disappear from the conversation at hand and retreat into his mind. "Um, I would really like you to keep that. As a gift. Something to remember the day by..." his eyes flashed down to the package and then back up. ...or me by. If you remember me for even one moment I'd still be amazingly happy. He placed a hand upon the opposite side of the package as Shtiya's own, giving it a gentle nudge. "...or at least something that will be accepted as an apology for literally running over you out there in the streets. I would feel upset if I couldn't at least do this for you. As far as price, please don't concern yourself over it. I wouldn't have done it if it were going to be too much trouble."

Liar. The moment you saw him looking at that shirt you wanted nothing more than to buy it for him. And perhaps if you had acted a bit sooner, instead of acting like a dumbstruck fool, he could actually be wearing it now. This of course set his imagination off in another bit of a tangent. His eyes didn't so much cloud over as lose a bit of their focus, something that would be plainly evident now that he was maintaining a straightforward gaze with the bandaged healer.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 7, 2012 14:58:30 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 13, 2012 17:51:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 13, 2012 17:51:26 GMT -6

[/center]

He knew he should be flattered. Maybe. But Shtiya was mostly just... uncomfortable. Obviously this guy had gotten the clue, as sometimes people did, from his style and stature that maybe Shtiya was a little... different. That he didn't like girls. Kwan was probably expecting to get something out of the young healer that he, quite frankly, just wasn't able to give. When the man smiled with his teeth and asked if he could rightly assume Shtiya had never been in a Satomobile, a warning bell in the young man's head went off.

Get out of it. Don't get in anyone's Satomobile.

"Ah," he said quickly, "I — I h-haven't but I d-d-d-don't really c-care for them." Shtiya rubbed the back of his neck and looked away. He truthfully didn't mind them all that much. But he didn't want to be asked to go for a ride, either, and the Waterbender figured the best way out was to decline before he was asked. It was no surprise when Kwan began to tell him bits of personal information. Wasn't that how people did it? They started talking to you to get you all comfortable...

"...Sorry, I...lost my train of thought."

Shtiya smiled nervously. Maybe he was wrong. This giant seemed pretty gentle, and maybe he was just socially awkward. Shtiya knew what it was like to be socially awkward.

"I'm not sure how much you know about teas, but this one is a particular favourite of mine. Perhaps you'd like to try it?"

Well, he could trust the owner of the establishment. Shtiya gingerly took the cup, not wishing to be rude and feeling terrible for having been so uncharitable in his thinking. He didn't hear Kwan's soft utterance because he was too busy picking up the cup and sipping the tea, trying to focus on the taste of it. It had an intense aroma to it, and as he tasted it, Shtiya noticed it was slightly sweet. It was a delicate tasting tea, clearly much nicer than he was used to. No wonder Kwan liked it so well. "It's v-v-v-very good," he said, setting the cup back down with a soft tic. "Ah--" the blush on Kwan's face was actually quite adorable, though Shtiya wasn't sure why it was there. Embarrassment? Possibly. It seemed that unfortunately the man had turned his attention on the package between them, something the healer was just longing to get out of his sight.

"Um, I would really like you to keep that. As a gift... I would feel upset if I couldn't at least do this for you."

The Waterbender shifted in his seat, clearly uncomfortable. Gifts made him feel nervous and awkward — his family had never been much for gifting, and Shtiya wasn't very skilled at receiving a present. He didn't know how to gracefully refuse, and he felt he couldn't possibly accept. In the end, he settled for putting food in his mouth and looking away, breaking the straightforward gaze just as Kwan got himself lost in thought again.
Anonymous
Nov 15, 2012 19:39:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 15, 2012 19:39:15 GMT -6

Kwan smiled warmly. "It's okay. If you ever change your mind, just..." Just what? Ask you? How's he even going to know where you are? There's dozens of power plants around, and there's absolutely no reason for you to tell him where you live. "...umm...Maybe another time I could give you a ride in mine. Only if you want, and only should you feel...curious enough to do so." The young firebender had never met anybody that wasn't interested in the cars.

He watched, rapt, as Shtiya took a drink from the small cup and nodded in agreement as the healer set it back down again. "I really enjoy tea. I find a pot after I get home from work is a great way to wind down and relax." Golden eyes twinkled with mirth as he continued. "I never did like the stereotype that we firebenders had to be all kinda of angry all the time! I hear that the old Fire Lord's uncle even enjoyed tea quite a bit. Which suits me just fine." A small grin had played across the burly man's features as he pretended to idly spin the cup in his hands, his eyes already memorised where it was that the waterbender had sipped from.

As much attention as Kwan afforded the younger man he knew that the gift was perhaps too much. He could see the awkward manner in which Shtiya was avoiding the subject. His mirth slipped some and he had to catch himself.

You came on too strong. Even if you read him right, even if he does like other...men. You've gone and ruined it again. You should have went with a far more subtle flirtation. His thoughts raced and he stopped spinning the cup to place it to his lips. He knew that it happened to be the same exact spot that Shtiya's had touched, but he wasn't about to share -that- particular bit of information.

"I'm sorry..." he started as he reached across the table to the colourful package. "...This was rude of me." He didn't see any other way in which to change this, and he couldn't help but think back on the earlier bit of conversation. Everybody loves Satomobiles. Everybody is interested in them. He's just not interested in -you-. That's why he's gone from talking to attempting to ignore your not so subtle passes at him. Just finish your meal and get out of here, you great buffoon.

He started to slide the package back toward himself and simply set it upon the bench, out of sight. "I..." he started, but then realised he really had no idea of what he wanted to say. It seemed, to him, as if all the wind had gone out of his sails and his confidence with it. He almost physically wilted in upon himself. He said nothing more and instead simply brought food to his mouth and chewed silently. He started to feel ill as his thoughts got the better of him and he continued to mentally berate himself.

Chagrined at the all too apparent shut down of his friendly flirting Kwan slowly pushed his plate from him and spoke softly, an almost completely different person than just mere moments ago.

"Shtiya, thank you for allowing me to buy you a meal in apology. I..." he exhaled slowly in order to gain his confidence back and continued. "...I think that I've gotten the wrong impression, and I seem to have lost my appetite. Please forgive the rudeness I have shown." He bowed his bearlike head, stood and placed the proper sum of money upon the table for the meal, and started out. His mind had forgotten about the package, and raced with the proof of yet another failure.

You never can seem to get this one right. Doomed to give love and never receive it in turn. Yet, as stubborn as you are, you'll likely keep trying. At least, once you get over what you're going to call this near miss...
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 15, 2012 19:41:55 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 15, 2012 20:46:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 15, 2012 20:46:06 GMT -6

As soon as he saw the man's reaction, Shtiya knew he'd judged him incorrectly. He still couldn't bring himself to accept such an extravagant present, but it was quite clear to the young healer now that Kwan was simply a lonely person who possibly found him quite pretty. It was endearing to see that confidence fold up — it revealed someone who seemed more real underneath. At the same time, it also revealed that by saying nothing and being avoidant, Shtiya had hurt Kwan's feelings. He didn't have much experience with having hurting someone else's feelings.

They ate in silence that seemed to get thicker and thicker, and Shtiya tried to figure out what, if anything, he ought to say to the handsome man. He was coming up blank. When Kwan spoke again, it was so soft and devoid of confidence that Shtiya felt almost heartbroken. Kwan sounded like Shtiya remembered feeling so much of the time, and it ached to know that it was his fault.

"Shtiya, thank you for allowing me to buy you a meal in apology. I... I think that I've gotten the wrong impression, and I seem to have lost my appetite. Please forgive the rudeness I have shown."

Stunned, the young Waterbender watched the man practically bolt from the restaurant. "I —" Never had he ever scared anyone else off. Even the waiter, when he returned, looked shocked. The diminutive, effeminate Waterbender didn't seem capable of saying a mean thing to anybody. What could possibly have gone on? Feeling confused and achingly mean, Shtiya pushed his food around for a while before getting up to go. As he loaded up his packages, he realized that there was one left on the other side of the table — the shirt Kwan had purchased.

Crap. Surely after his unforgivable rudeness, the tall man wouldn't want to see Shtiya again, right? He stared at the colourful package for a moment before groaning loudly. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" He didn't realize he said it aloud as he lightly beat his fist on his head with each word. Now he'd had to find the power plant! And return the package! And apologize for being the worst at non-clinical social interaction ever! Picking up the package, he added it to his bundles and turned around. The clock caught his eye and he realized that it was actually quite late. Biting his lip, the dark young man made up his mind to find the power plant on a different day. He had to get back to the clinic to hang up the herbs to dry and put things away.

—————-

It took Shtiya a week to remember the bright package he'd placed on a shelf after coming home. He hadn't opened it or looked at it again since that wretched meal, but one day after slipping and spilling Bruised Violet Compound all over his floor, he'd noticed that it was still sitting there. Unbelievable! How could he had forgotten to take it back? After embarrassing the Firebender and refusing to take it, how could he have been so stupid?!

Shtiya had to beg for time off to go return it, and as soon as he got outside he had to run back in and put on his coat. It was more frigid than he'd realized! Clothed now almost entirely in his old clothes from home, he set out to find the local power plant. He thought, mistakenly, that it would be easy to find. Unfortunately, it.... wasn't.

Twice the young Waterbender took a wrong turn and twice again he had to ask for new directions, lamenting his lack of knowledge of the city. Despite having lived in Republic City for a few years, he had very little knowledge of where things were. He knew how to get to the places he needed to go most — like the market and the library — but otherwise? He was completely out of his depth. It took him no less than two hours to find the power plant. By the time he got there, it was almost quitting time for most of the workers. Shtiya blew into the power plant bringing wintery weather in with him, cheeks pink from the cold. His blue eyes were wide and sparkling, jubilant at having finally found the place. "E-e-e-excuse me," he said to the nearest person, "I'm s-sorry to b-b-b-—--other you but I'm looking f-for s-———--omeone named Kwan?" His s's came out hissy due to nerves.

"Kwan?" Laughing, the foreman pointed at the man, saying something about how it 'should have been obvious' due to the man's size. Kwan was head and shoulders taller than everyone else, and like all of them he looked powerful as he bent his lightning. Shtiya decided to wait for Kwan to come his way. It was almost closing time anyhow, and the lightning made him nervous. He'd just wait for the man to be on his way home. It seemed as good a plan as any. Leaning against the wall, Shtiya put his hood back down, warmed by all the bending inside. His hair, loose that day, flooded around his face and the cool blue of his clothing stood out among the grey and brown of the plant. He hoped the man would find him.

After a short while, it seemed workers were beginning to filter out. Shtiya had no way of knowing that a rumour of some kid waiting for Kwan had already swept through the plant, but he was conscious of some of the looks he was getting, standing there watching people go by. He anxiously tapped the toe of his black boot against the floor. Wouldn't the man ever come out? Nervously, he tightened his grip on the colourful package in his hand.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 15, 2012 22:26:25 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 24, 2012 16:39:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 24, 2012 16:39:45 GMT -6

Kwan had put in a hard day's work as he always did. For several days after his meal with the young Waterbending Healer he had mulled over what it was he had done wrong. He had been so sure that he had guessed correctly in the Shtiya's preferences. He was shirtless, considering the extreme temperatures that he had to work with. The hair upon his chest was slicked over the taught muscles of his stomach. Sweat was just one of those things that you had to deal with in the plant. He would shower using the plant's employee showers. He hated going out in public without one.

Several of his friends came around stating that somebody had been looking for him and this caused the Firebender all kinds of mental grief. Nobody ever came to his workplace to visit him. His friends knew that even though his shift had ended he usually spent another twenty minutes dealing with his personal hygiene.

Who could it possibly be? Somebody from the power plant's upper echelon? Did I do something wrong? Something right? I never know what to think with unexpected guests...

He allowed his thoughts to wander quite a bit as the water sluiced the grime and sweat that had built up over the past eight hours. He nearly lost track of time while he was lost in thought. As he towelled off he sighed resignedly, unable to figure it out. It was then that somebody opened the door to the crew locker room and called out his name. It sounded like the foreman.

"Kwan, you've got a slip of a boy waiting for you out here with some sort of package. Asked for you by name." The door closed and then opened again. "Oh, he looks like a Waterbender, long hair, blue eyes, you know the deal..." With that the door closed a final time.

His mind had already filled in the blanks the moment the foreman had said 'Waterbender' and Kwan wondered why he was being visited by Shtiya. He had thought that everything that needed to be said and/or done already had been. Pulling on his breeches, a dark red that was almost black today, his demeanour changed. He was happy that he would get another chance to see the young healer, but he was also confused and more than a little wary. To him it had been made clear that there was either no interest in Kwan himself or no interest in other males in general. He tugged on a sleeveless shirt that left his shoulders mostly bare and little of his torso left to the imagination. He grimaced down at his chest suddenly wishing that he'd brought a shirt that was more of a shirt and less body paint. It wasn't normally a problem, but he was quickly becoming self-conscious about showing off his body to somebody that had rejected him.

Even though his hair was still quite wet, as he hadn't bothered drying it just yet, he slipped into a new pair of socks and a comfy pair of boots that weren't meant for his workplace. It was his common after work attire. He stomped his feet a couple times apiece to settle them into his boots and made his way toward the exit.

Well, just don't do or say anything stupid. See what it is that he's come for and handle the situation so that you don't have to make things any more awkward for the two of you than it already is.

It was with that thought that he rounded the corner and saw the young man who's day he had to have ruined not too long ago. He closed the gap slowly as he used the towel slung over his head to dry his hair with one hand. A couple of straggling co-workers clapped him on the shoulder as they passed buy. He noticed they had a grin on their face, likely thinking that Kwan had 'wrangled another one'. He wouldn't hear the end of this and he knew it. Most of his past failures hadn't visited him at work and when they had none of them quite like the stunning waterbender.

He drew in a deep breath, which was extremely noticeable through the now somewhat damp white tank he had on. Inwardly he fumed at the fact that the hair upon his chest prevented a full quick dry and then chose to ignore it. There's nothing you can do about it now anyhow. Just grin and bear it. After all, there's not a likely chance that he's going to want to stick around after you embarrassed him, and yourself for that matter.

He stopped just out of arms reach and turned golden eyes to Shtiya's crystalline ones. "H-hello Shtiya. I apologise if you've been waiting long. I don't really like having to go out in public covered in sweat." Some of the words were muffled as he continued to rub the towel over his head to dry his hair and beard. Still, he continued to speak. "Is there anything that I can help you with?" He was attempting to act completely casual even though his heart seemed as if it would burst from his chest. What was it about this younger man that caused him to be so completely fuddled in the head.

He tried to keep eye contact when the towel allowed, but when he thought he could steal a glance or two away from Shtiya's face he did so. He didn't know much about the Tribes, but he realised that it didn't matter what it was Shtiya wore he would look fantastic. Apparently it hadn't warmed up after the brisk temperatures of the morning, however, as evident by Shtiya's coat.

He awaited the answers and reasons patiently, finally finished drying his hair he draped the towel over one shoulder and leaned against the wall, arms folded in front of his chest.
Anonymous
Nov 24, 2012 19:05:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 24, 2012 19:05:46 GMT -6

Shtiya sighed. It was taking so long. Maybe Kwan was avoiding him. That thought tightened his grip on the package even more, whitening his knuckles. He'd hurt the man's feelings! And now he didn't want to see him, even to take the package back! Chewing his lip, Shtiya shrank a little from people's questioning glances. The hands on the clock were taunting him with how much time had passed. More and more people went by, obviously on their way home.

His feet were beginning to get tired, so the young healer leaned against the wall. He glanced toward the door, but it didn't seem like Kwan was coming out any time soon. The steady stream of people passing him by slowly began to thin as the majority of workers left on their varied ways home. Shtiya let out a nervous breath and rubbed one scarred wrist. It was cooling down quickly in the plant due to the weather outside. He was glad he still had on his coat. Nervously he cast his eyes up at the clock again. Twenty minutes. Thirty.

When the Firebender finally showed up, he was wearing a very... distracting... white tank top that left basically nothing to the imagination. Shtiya blushed fiercely and looked at the floor. He had forgotten how ruggedly attractive Kwan was. How he had forgotten that was a pure mystery, honestly... the diminutive Waterbender was glad, suddenly, of his thick trousers and long coat.

"H-hello Shtiya. I apologise if you've been waiting long... Is there anything that I can help you with?"

The man leaned against the wall, arms crossed. He cut a very imposing picture, and Shtiya was more sure than ever that Kwan was upset with him. How could he not be? The Waterbender had been unspeakably rude to someone who had only been trying to be nice!

"I, um," Shtiya swallowed. Just apologize! "I'm s-sorry," he blurted, "i-i-it shouldn't have taken s-————-o long for me to b-b-bring this back, but I l-lost track of t-t-t-time..." He offered the package to the towering man, the bright wrapping a little squished from his tight grip on it. The edges of bandages peeked out from his long blue sleeves. The word vomit just kept on coming. "I r-really m-m-meant to bring it back s-s-s-sooner but I got so b-——-usy at the clinic and, and, and then I got lost because I c-c-c-can't find my way around the city v-very well yet, and so I — I — um —" he could not concentrate. Every time he looked back up, the Waterbender found himself blushing more. It seemed rude to keep looking away and avoiding eye contact, but did Kwan have to be so... built?

Swallowing again, the young man steeled his resolve and pushed the package forward more firmly. "It's t-too nice a thing to k-k-k-keep and I d-didn't mean to hurt your feelings." His blue eyes were quite sincere, clearly distressed. "I — I just th-thought that you w-w-were trying to get me in your car b-because you think I'm g-g-g-—" his eyes closed as he tried to force the word out, a physical tic. "Effeminate," Shtiya said finally, skipping the word 'girly' altogether. "It h-happens sometimes. So I — I was def-—-ensive. I, um. I was nervous. And I don't get out much." As if that weren't obvious. Why couldn't he just shut up!?

Sighing, the Waterbender ran his hands through his thick black hair. This was going even worse than he'd imagined. Honestly! Why couldn't he just be normal? Why couldn't he just hand over the package and apologize and just leave without making things worse? Letting out a breath, he groaned a little. This was why he didn't have any friends. He was too awkward for words. At least maybe Kwan could get his money back and feel relieved about being well shut of Shtiya. "I'm really sorry," he said miserably, looking at his feet. Let's just get this over with...
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 25, 2012 17:09:49 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 30, 2012 4:44:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 30, 2012 4:44:40 GMT -6

As he listened to him stumble over his words, Kwan couldn't help but smile. It wasn't the stutter, he had gotten used to that over their lunch. He understood that the younger man was shy. It was the fact that every word seem to be chased out of his mouth by the following word. Kwan understood what was happening and he wanted to pump a fist into the air and whoop with joy.

Don't do that. He's already off his guard already. He's vulnerable and if you don't act like a normal, conservative, person he's going to run away and you'll likely never see him again. He had plenty of time to think this situation over while Shtiya talked, but he didn't want to appear as if he weren't paying attention. As his amber eyes followed the movements of lithe Waterbender he realised that direct eye contact was being avoided. As a matter of fact every time...

...Every time his eyes get to your chest he loses all his composure! Kwan! You devil! You thought this would be the absolute wrong choice of clothing and inadvertently scored big! If he doesn't like you yet, he certainly finds you attractive! A smile spread across his face and he idly reached out with both hands to take the package. In so doing, his pectorals were forced together. He knew he looked good. He also knew that it probably wasn't right to tease the Waterbender in front of him, but he couldn't help himself. His mind was cartwheeling with joy over the fact that he hadn't completely and totally ruined everything at their meal a week past.

"Shtiya, thanks for bringing it back. I really am sorry that you don't want to keep it though." His gaze dropped down to the arms and he furrowed his brow but said nothing. Had he noticed those bandages last time they'd met? Was he that oblivious or had they been covered. More than that, who in the world would hurt this innocent boy? Certainly he could have never done anything that would make anybody want to hurt him. "However, you really shouldn't be concerned with how long it took to return it. I wouldn't have held it against you if you had kept it even had you remembered it. It was a gift for you, and I still intend it to be so." Even as the words came out he gently took the package from his elemental opposite and tucked it under one arm.

Golden eyes widened in surprise when the bandaged healer shared his concerns over Kwan's car. "Oh. Well...umm..."

Isn't that kind of where you were going with it though? I mean, you weren't going to jump him right then and there in your car or anything, but you were certainly hoping that he would be impressed with the whole ordeal. As Shtiya stumbled over whatever word he had been about to say Kwan's brain inserted another word that started with the letter 'g'. Gorgeous. Of course I thought you were gorgeous. "While I wasn't trying to take advantage of you, Shtiya, would it have been wrong of me to think that you were somewhat effeminate? I knew..." eventually... "...that you weren't a girl. If you had been I would have apologised, possibly bought you the gift anyhow, and hopefully parted on friendly terms. I don't really..." He was confident now, at this point, in himself. He had the support of his parents and his friends. "I don't really 'go' for girls. I never really have. Since I was little I knew that I liked boys."

That sigh...Kwan knew exactly what that sigh meant. He had sighed one much like it seven days ago while sitting across the table from this gorgeous, dark haired man. It was the sigh of somebody who felt as if they had just been crushed by their own doing. A sigh that said 'I give up' and 'Please let this end' all in one. It hit a chord in the Firebender's heart and he wanted nothing more than to pull the smaller man into his arms and hold him there for a moment. Instead he reached out and tucked a fist under the other bender's chin, thumb placed gently just beneath his lower lip.

"You have absolutely no reason to apologise to me Shtiya. You've done nothing wrong, and while I do not doubt you think that you have, I must assure you of the opposite." His heart raced and he thought for sure his ribs were acting the part of a drum head. "If this was all really this big of a misunderstanding can we just put it behind us and perhaps start anew? This time without having to deal with the accidents, misunderstandings, and even the veiled or unveiled attempts at feeling each other out?" He leaned forward to stare into the blue eyes that seemed on the verge of tears. "I suppose, simply put, that I would just like to say that I find you attractive and would love the opportunity to get to know you better." He wasn't entirely sure where it had come from, but a well of confidence had been found and Kwan drew upon it deeply. "And hope that you would like to do the same for me."

That said he closed the distance a little further in an attempt to brush his lips against the Waterbender's own. He just hoped the beard wasn't too much...
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 30, 2012 4:45:08 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 30, 2012 18:10:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 30, 2012 18:10:46 GMT -6

The Firebender was smiling, no doubt because Shtiya was amusingly without composure. Kwan began trying to assure him that he could have kept it, really, but the healer was resolved. It wouldn't have been right. He could never accept such a thing — he wouldn't let a friend give him such an expensive present. He had no experience with having a lover, so he couldn't say whether or not he'd accept such a thing from one. But he dimly felt that that could be the only acceptable situation in which such a present was acceptable. It was hard to think much on it with Kwan's physique in his vision. He breathed a slight sigh of relief when the package left his hands and quickly pulled his arms back, twisting his fingers together as he put them down in front of him.

"While I wasn't trying to take advantage of you, Shtiya, would it have been wrong of me to think that you were somewhat effeminate?"

For that, the healer had only a shrug. It wasn't wrong, it was just annoying. It was a common enough mistake that people had tried to take advantage of him before, thinking he was female — or that he was trying to sell something he definitely was not trying to sell. Shtiya knew he looked somewhat effeminate. His slight stature, slim wrists, long lashes... those were all things he couldn't change. It didn't usually bother him that much. He couldn't do anything about it, anyway. Kwan's next sentence, though...

"I don't really 'go' for girls. I never really have. Since I was little I knew that I liked boys."

The Waterbender's eyes snapped up instantly, the light-collecting blue vivid in the dimming evening light of the factory. How could this man say that so calmly? Was it because he was big enough and strong enough not to get beaten for it? Shtiya recalled with perfect clarity the day his father had hit him across the face. Such behaviour was indecent, and he hadn't believed for a minute that Shtiya — or anyone else — could have been born with such an orientation.

But Kwan was the embodiment of a 'real man'. His father would have thought so. Shtiya felt stunned. So stunned, in fact, that he was unable to say a single thing. There had to be some mistake. The young healer's frantic mind grasped for any reason to believe that Kwan was not telling the truth, only to be interrupted by the warmth of the man's hand on his face. Avoiding eye contact was, by now, impossible. His tan skin was stained with a warm blush, and he was acutely aware of Kwan's body temperature.

"I suppose, simply put, that I would just like to say that I find you attractive and would love the opportunity to get to know you better."

He wanted to get to know Shtiya better? He found him attractive? "I —"

Kwan closed the space between them and kissed him, for what was only the second time in his life. The man was tall and smelled like soap and the faint metal tang of lightning. Finally his brain seemed to shut off and his hands came up, lightly grasping at Kwan's elbows. Without realizing it, Shtiya leaned into the kiss, and as it deepened before it ended, he let out a barely audible moan. The faint sound was almost a whimper, and it betrayed how rarely he'd ever been touched. Butterflies fluttered frantically in his stomach and when they parted, Shtiya was glad he'd been leaning against a wall. He felt — and looked — a little breathless.

Blue eyes stared into amber ones as Shtiya tried to figure out what came next. He honestly hadn't the slightest idea. Suddenly, as if he'd only just realized what had happened, the young man leaned back a bit, casting his gaze around nervously. What if someone had seen? Was he going to get in trouble? He was sure that Kwan could handle himself, but — well, Shtiya had never been very good in a fight. He twisted slender fingers back together.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 30, 2012 22:59:42 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 2, 2012 6:50:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 2, 2012 6:50:41 GMT -6

The moment that Shtiya sank into the kiss Kwan's mind erupted with emotion. A burst of sound and colour as their lips actually met. He had been almost certain that the slighter man would have pulled away. The fact that he didn't was an ecstatic feeling all in its own. When their lips parted Kwan had to brace himself upon the wall. He placed a hand, palm down, upon the smooth surface and looked down at the stunned Waterbender. His face was flushed but not with embarrassment this time. His eyes shone like the a low flame and he smiled his most dazzling smile, no longer needing to relegate himself to his second best one.

"That..." he whispered, unable to really bring himself to talk any louder. "...Was fantastic." His chest heaved as he drew breaths through his nose. He slowly brought his forehead down to rest lightly upon Shtiya's own. Nobody was left in the plant to see them, with the exception of perhaps the foreman. None of that mattered to the firebender at this moment. What had just happened between the two of them had simply felt right in his mind. He hadn't ever really had that feeling before and it both baffled and intrigued him.

With that thought, he tilted the healer's chin up once more just to see if he could get that feeling to come back. Another kiss followed and this time it was a little more forceful. Not demanding but certainly eager. The other man's lips were soft and Kwan simply wanted more. After several more drawn out kisses he pulled back breathless and gazed out of the window. He didn't want to seem over bearing to the younger man though he was eager to get to know him better.

"Shtiya, um... if anything makes you uncomfortable..." the stocky firebender wasn't entirely certain where he wanted to go from there. "What I mean to say is, I don't want you to do anything that you're not certain you want to do. I'm not trying to take advantage of you, or the situation." He felt that perhaps it was his turn to ramble on. "I really do like you, or at least I'd like to get the opportunity to know whether or not I like more than the look of you."

What -are- you talking about? You're just going to confuse him at this point, I mean, seriously. 'I'd like to get the opportunity to know whether nor not I like more than the look of you?' You have got to be completely mental!

"To me you're absolutely gorgeous, and the little bit that we actually got to talk." He ran a hand through his short cropped hair and drew a deep breath. "This is really rushed, and I don't really kiss guys on the second date." His eyes widened and he tried to backtrack. "Err... Not to say that his is a date or anything... but well..." Kwan's vocabulary abandoned him completely and he sort of stared at the Waterbender in dumbfounded silence for several moment, hand held behind his head, the other supporting his weight upon the wall.

Ask him out for dinner. You don't work tomorrow, you've got more than enough money, and maybe just maybe, he'll finally feel comfortable enough to get in that car of yours. Especially now that he, hopefully, doesn't think you're going to jump him. Though you honestly haven't done too great a job in showing him that you won't. Either way, you've got a great opportunity here so...don't ruin it!

"Would...would you care to go to dinner with me tonight? It doesn't have to be anything fancy or anything, but I really would like to do this for you. Me. Umm...us?" He smiled again, teeth showing brilliantly against the tanned features of his face. "I could...pick you up in my Satomobile at whatever time would be convenient for you." He stood up straight, but still within distance to kiss the blue-eyed wonder before him. "Of course, I promise not to take advantage of you in my car." He so desperately wanted to add 'unless you want me to' on the end of that sentence, but he wasn't sure how well the shocked tribesman would take the joke, serious or not.
Anonymous
Dec 3, 2012 19:19:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 3, 2012 19:19:33 GMT -6

This was bad. It was beyond bad, actually. Shtiya shut his eyes as Kwan leaned their foreheads together, trying to catch his breath. His chest heaved a little as he remembered everything he'd been told about kissing other men. It was wrong. Unnatural. He shouldn't be doing it. He definitely shouldn't be doing it and liking it.

And then Kwan kissed him again and Shtiya found he just could not help himself. These kisses were more insistent and the Waterbender arched his back into them without thinking about it, pressing the two men together. His hands found the taller man's waist with no trouble, grasping at clothing and pulling. Was that what people called 'having chemistry'? It seemed dangerous. The long, drawn-out kisses took all of his attention and the young man found he was disappointed when Kwan pulled away a second time.

Disappointed. Which was, again, wrong. He shouldn't be doing this. If he were to be honest with himself, he'd admit that he'd found Kwan attractive as soon as they'd met. He'd enjoyed the meal with him despite trying to distract himself from his attraction by focusing on other things. He was happy the man had forgotten then package so he had an excuse to see him again. More upsetting than that, even, was how much he wanted the other man. Shtiya wasn't normally a physical, passionate person like this. It felt alien and uncomfortable and somehow shameful.

Pulling back, Shtiya pressed a hand to his mouth, attempting to fight back welling tears. They spilled over, hot on his fingers, but blessedly silent. He didn't think he could trust himself to say anything at all, even if he had wanted to. As Kwan instantly looked away, out the window, Shtiya panicked. Was he a bad kisser? Probably. He didn't have any experience or anything, not really. The little experience he had was so long ago — he was now nearing twenty and almost four years had passed! He took a nervous breath in, shivering a little. He should leave. He should leave now before he embarrassed himself. It was —

"Shtiya, um... if anything makes you uncomfortable..."

What?

"I'm not trying to take advantage of you, or the situation. I really do like you, or at least I'd like to get the opportunity to know whether or not I like more than the look of you... Would...would you care to go to dinner with me tonight?"

Kwan continued talking, saying something about his satomobile. Shtiya didn't really hear it. His brain screamed no at the same time as he moved to say 'yes'. His chest felt a bit tight with emotion. The young man tried to take a deep breath without moving his hand from his mouth. It was happening again, that thing where he could not talk at all. It always and only happened at the worst possible time, when he was emotional or upset. Kwan would probably get the wrong idea, because he seemed like a gentle person. Shtiya wasn't upset because of Kwan.

He was upset because of himself, and because of his family, who haunted him all the time.
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 4, 2012 11:22:23 GMT -6