The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Newspaper skin

2exie
Jan 19, 2013 18:43:04 GMT -6

Post by 2exie on Jan 19, 2013 18:43:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Your skin is absolutely amazing and I have considered joining the site just because of how awesome it is! (but alas I have still not completely caught up on The Legend of Korra) That being said I wanted to know how I can get a similar skin for a new 50's era site I wanted to make. The main request being how did you get it to look like a newspaper? and what is the code for the board header so it shows just a picture and then when you click on it the individual boards in columns like that? Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated and I would be sure to credit you for any codes you could provide.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 19, 2013 20:00:50 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hello! A majority of our codes can be found at ProBoards Support. The main portion of our layout has been coded specifically for us, so I'm afraid I can't give that out, but you can use the "Stacked Boards" and "Collapsable Categories" codes from Support at the very least — you wouldn't need to credit us for them either, as they don't belong to us and are free to use. I can't give you ours, I'm afraid, as they've been edited to work with our custom coding, but the unedited version is available for anyone to use over on Support.

As far as getting it to look like a newspaper, that was simply photoshop and a bit of research into 1920s newspapers.

Hope this helps!
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 19, 2013 20:01:07 GMT -6