The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Not Lost, Misplaced (Airi)

asami
Aug 16, 2012 14:53:34 GMT -6

Post by asami on Aug 16, 2012 14:53:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Asami didn't want to laugh at the idea of Airi being harmed by her own abilities, but the thought was a bit of an ironic one. Here they were, in a city full of non-benders furious at benders for using their control over the elements to supposedly gain the societal upper hand, and yet right before her sat an example of when the non-bender prevailed over the bender. It may only be a scuffle between siblings, but it was symbolic of something greater. Much as people seemed to believe otherwise, being a bender did not automatically equal power and being a non-bender did not automatically equal weakness. That wasn't to say that Airi was weak; it simply shattered the notion that benders were by nature all-powerful forces of intimidation.

When Airi pulled her glove away to reveal her scarred arm, Asami felt her gut tighten, though she kept her facial expression the same. Sometimes it was hard to remember that firebending wasn't merely a tool of destruction, given the history of the Fire Nation and Asami's personal experience. She knew that any form of bending could be used as a weapon, and firebending was like all of the other bending arts in that it could also be used to help people. Seeing the damage it could do right in front of her, though, made remembering that difficult. It forced her to think of things that Asami generally avoided dwelling on. "That looked like it hurt," she said sympathetically. "It's sweet that your brother worries about you, though. That just means he cares." Having a worrisome family member could be tiring, but it was comforting at the same time. It only verified the fact that that person harbored a deep love.

The dark-haired girl finished off another cup of tea as Airi recounted her experience in the pro-bending arena. This was something that Asami never disliked focusing on. She could rant and rave about pro-bending all day if given the opportunity, though most didn't share her interest to such a degree. "That's right, the tournament," she recalled as she loaded up another bite of her meal. The annual tournament was both an exciting and depressing time; she loved watching the best of the best battle for the title, but it also marked the ending of the season. It was sad that Airi's team wouldn't be playing again until next season. She would have liked to see them play, now that she had met the girl. "You should let me know when you'll be playing again next season, it would be amazing to watch," Asami grinned. Watching a match in general was enjoyable, and even more so when someone she personally knew was playing.

Airi's question caused Asami to slightly twist her face in consideration. She couldn't remember not being a pro-bending fan. The sport had fascinated her even as a child. "About forever," she laughed quietly. "I've loved it ever since I was a kid. My father took me to my first match years ago and I've been hooked ever since." What had started out as some father-daughter bonding had morphed into a lifelong love. If only her father had known what he was getting himself into when he brought her to that match. "What about you? How long have you been playing?" Airi looked roughly her age, if not slightly older, so Asami couldn't imagine that she had been playing for too long. Of course, there were pro-benders as young as sixteen competing in the sport, but that wasn't necessarily common.

This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 25, 2012 1:28:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 25, 2012 1:28:18 GMT -6

A smile found it's way to Airi's face. "I'm sorry; it must look concerning, huh?" she began, a million thoughts rushing through her head and some of them being picked at random to be vocal. "They did hurt, but after a while you kind of get used to it... Well! I'm not saying it happens that much!" Now her own thoughts weren't even making sense to her. What was she trying to accomplish with these random words of hers? When Asami mention her brother, it brought her back to focus. "That's right; I guess so. If he started disappearing, I would probably be running all around to find him," she said, her head nodding a few times without her noticing.

She held the tea cup in her hand, the warmth feeling nice on her hands. It almost felt like she was firebending a soft flame and suddenly felt a tinge of guilt that not everyone could have that feeling unless they were drinking tea a lot. But lots of people drank lots of tea, she realized, the guilt quickly fading away. "Sure thing," Airi said with a brightening look. "In all truth, that might make me nervous, though I would still love to have a friend in an audience." Was it fair to call Asami a friend? Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned it. Eep! If she didn't think she was weird before, she would now!

"That's really cool!" she chimed, finding Asami's laugh quite pleasant. It was odd how many people the firebender knew with odd laughs, her parents included. "I never really got into it until lately. I've spent most of my time on the streets or in the kitchen, so I never really knew much about other stuff. I mean, some kids when I was in school would mention it, but I never talked to them all that much," she rambled, her mind drifting off. If she wasn't careful, she would start to talk about everything and then forget whatever it was she said. But as a kid, not a lot of people would talk to her, not that she minded. She had a loving family. "I got into it only a week or so before I was asked to join as an alternate."

Ooc// sorry for the wait. I didn't have a lot of muse for poor little Airi x.x
This user is a former member