The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

closing time [tag: kesshou]

ruukalin
Aug 2, 2012 1:21:40 GMT -6

Post by ruukalin on Aug 2, 2012 1:21:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

It was his first day actively exploring Republic City. The first few hours of this "exploration" had gone well enough, if being hopelessly lost within the first thirty minutes counted as "well enough". But it wasn't as though he'd been injured or mugged, so Kazuo-Ren figured that was a plus. But it was over seven hours since he had left the house. Four of those hours had been spent sightseeing. Three of those hours had been spent trying to find his way home.

He thought it would be more than a little humiliating asking directions. Not to mention, he had already decided that quite a few people in Republic City were rude, if not all of them. They didn't want to help him. So he would trudge along and tied to figure it out. What was the name of the street he lived on, again? Kazuo couldn't even remember. He slumped rather hopelessly in a park bench. His feet ached. Hell, his bones ached. After walking so much for one day, he felt like an old man. Stooped and limping. He kicked his legs out in front of him, staring at his feet, feeling a bit of irritation creep into his mind.

He hadn't even seen anything all that interesting. Just buildings. Quite frankly, he had known from the beginning his sense of direction was faulty at best, and on top of that, he didn't have any idea what sort of attractions Republic City had had. Half the reason he had gone out was in search of some form of trainer. But what had he been thinking? That he would just run into a mentor on the streets? Someone wearing a sign that declared he was willing to train unstable young benders? Ha! Optimistic thoughts! Feeling increasingly pessimistic, Kazuo-Ren stood up again, stretching. He felt his joints pop, and he continued down the sidewalk, dragging his feet.

Where was he? Why was he still walking?

The farther he went, the busier the sidewalk seemed to become. The buildings were more cluttered, and more satomobiles were driving down the streets with more frequency. Kazuo-Ren went to cross the road, at a particularly unfortunate time, for one of those satomobiles came roaring around the corner. He jumped, and it took quite a bit of coordination to get out of the way in time. The driver cursed him loudly--in his haste to get out of the way, he ran directly into someone--

This user is a guest
zabercarth
Aug 3, 2012 8:53:36 GMT -6

Post by zabercarth on Aug 3, 2012 8:53:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kesshou grunted as he felt the entirety of a grown person's weight and momentum collide with him. He'd been walking along, on his way back home from an important meeting, when suddenly this large man decides to collide with him. He stumbled, then took a deep breath, calming himself. He turned and looked at the man, his amber eyes calm but intent, staring straight at the man who had collided with him, crossing his arms.

The man, at first glance, seemed normal enough... But then Kesshou noticed the heavy Water Tribe jewelry, the dark Fire Nation hair, and the light eyes. This man was a hybrid, probably born in the colonies. Maybe... No, no. Nevermind that. Kesshou would mentally berate himself later. He bowed to the man, in traditional Fire Nation style.

"Excuse me, sir. I didn't realize I was in your way." Kesshou's subtlety, or lack thereof, seemed to catch the man off guard. Yes, it was a veiled attempt to demand an apology. But the man's face didn't look offended. Kesshou was intrigued.

This user is a guest
ruukalin
Aug 6, 2012 19:38:11 GMT -6

Post by ruukalin on Aug 6, 2012 19:38:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

It was ridiculously humiliating not to only have just run out of traffic (narrowly escaping being hit), but to add to insult he had to actually hit someone. The sidewalk had seemed empty seconds ago! And suddenly, someone just had to materialize. Kazuo-Ren, who had been looking over his shoulder towards the street, now turned his tawny gaze in the direction of the other firebender.

Firebender! Any resentment he was feeling for the other man, or any humility, dulled in comparison to his sudden excitement. The stranger bowed at him, something that Kazuo-Ren recognized as old-fashioned tradition. Kesshou's subtly went unnoticed by Kazuo, who was too caught up with other thoughts. "Hi, sir. Sorry... for um... you know, running into you." Despite his words, he didn't appear very apologetic--if anything, he was enthralled. His eyes took in the other firebender (or maybe they were a non-bender and he was just being too hopeful). Longish, dark hair, pale skin, amber eyes. "You're Fire Nation?" Kazuo asked hurriedly, before the man could walk away or even really respond. "You seem kind of traditional. I've been looking for someone who knows traditional fire bending. Or just bending in general. That would be great. If you could... I mean... if you know someone... or..."

Kazuo sighed, a look of defeat overcoming him. He realized he was being obnoxious then. He knotted his hands behind his back and bit at his bottom lip. "Sorry. I... Its just been a long day. I apologize for running into you again, sir. I don't want to be wasting your time." The young man offered an apologetic smile, looking abashed.
This user is a guest