The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Kami wants YOU...!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 29, 2012 13:40:20 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
...to be Ling's sister!

Unfortunately, Ai Lin has informed me she is no longer going to be playing on TARP, and has given me permission to allow someone to adopt her character, Mei-zhen Yao. Now, Ling is supposed to be my main character, so I am going to be a little picky when it comes to finding an adoptive player.

A little bit about Mei: she is Ling's older sister and her best friend (and vice versa). She is a waterbender, trained mainly in combat and currently in training for healing. She isn't very street-smart, despite being rather intelligent, and enjoys music. Essentially, she is the yin to Ling's yang. They are not opposites, but they compliment each other - Mei's strengths are Ling's weaknesses, and vice versa. Some details in Mei's profile may be altered a little, but we'll need to go over that together.

What I am looking for in a player: As I mentioned, Ling is my main character; the person taking Mei would need to be able to post at least once every two weeks, preferably more. I would like someone that doesn't have a lot of characters yet (canon or OC), and has had little (preferably no) trouble with the staff regarding profiles, RP, or rule-following.

REPLIES IN THIS THREAD ONLY, PLEASE! Also, if someone has already posted, please feel free to post too - just because someone's posted doesn't mean I'll go with them.

I appreciate any and all replies to this thread. :]
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 31, 2012 19:27:44 GMT -6

Bumperdoodles. :3
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 31, 2012 19:31:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 31, 2012 19:31:29 GMT -6

I would be willing to adopt the character. I understand how hard it can be when someone important to your main character goes away. I can adapt well to play different characters, and the character you described (and I read the app) seems like something I could play rather well. :)
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 31, 2012 20:02:15 GMT -6

Thanks for replying! Do you have any questions or things you might want to change about the character?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 31, 2012 22:20:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 31, 2012 22:20:44 GMT -6

I re-read the app one last time and I think the owner of the character did a very good job explaining the personality and history to give a good picture as to what the character is like. I'm good with characters like that and I really enjoy the history that was put into it, like the healing, the gang afflictions and Ling's part. I would absolutely love to play her and wouldn't mind posting more than twice a week for her. (That would be the least of your worries; I always have extra time to role play).

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 1, 2012 1:08:16 GMT -6

Absolutely no questions or changes? Great!

Now, one thing Ai Lin and I were talking about is killing off their mother in that "The Case of ____" board-wide plotting thread zombi started; are you OK with this?

For some reading, you may want to check out the Republic City Archives, specifically the following threads: "The Golden Fan Saloon" and "Nicknacks and Doodad Shops", as well as the Personal RP archives for "Can We Keep Him?". :] These are the threads Mei has been involved in.

Now, this is also optional, but there was a romance with Hangetsu's character Iluak - you don't HAVE to continue that, but if you're interested in doing so, you may want to check out their thread - also in 'Nicknacks and Doodads' and I think in the main Personal RP (not archives) board, though I am not sure what that thread is called.

If you're still interested after all that reading, let me know, and I think we can go ahead and talk about how to go about adopting Mei. (This would be TARP's first OC adoption, so I'm kind of winging it here)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 1, 2012 20:02:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 1, 2012 20:02:39 GMT -6

I don't mind killing off the mother. I'll take a look at that thread (links would have been great, but oh well) when I have the time. Gah. Conventions can take so much out of you, otherwise I would have read all of this already XD

I'm reading those threads right now; It's giving me a good idea as to what the character acts like instead of theorizing what she does with the personality. I also do not mind continuing the romance with Iluak; it sounds interesting, actually.

I'm still interested (half way done with all this reading ^^ ) in playing Mei. Just tell me what to do to finalize the adoption. I'm also more than willing to provide a role play sample if you want to see if I'm up to it.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 1, 2012 20:24:18 GMT -6

Sorry, I couldn't get you links last night; I meant to, but my internet wasn't really cooperating well, and I forgot this morning. You found the threads OK then?

Why don't you post up what you might write as a reply for the "Can I Keep Him?" thread, and then we'll get this finalised. I'll probably just send you Mei's profile if you don't want to make any edits, and we can re-post it from your account and get it approved straightaway.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 1, 2012 20:40:43 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 1, 2012 20:40:43 GMT -6

Haha, I understand.

Alright; I'll get on it soon. And yes, I don't intend on any edits; the profile is good enough as it is.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 1, 2012 21:56:37 GMT -6

All right, post it here when you're done, please!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 1, 2012 22:30:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 1, 2012 22:30:00 GMT -6

Mei raised a hand so that the back of her hand faced up and her thumb brushing up against her forehead to avoid the light that was quick to blind her. Slowly, but surely, her eyes adjusted to the light to reveal a room that held a man called Lee. For the moment, everything seemed to be about the man and her sister, Ling. Knowing that this wasn't her strength, she kept out of it as much as she could, only giving a small bow of recognition as Ling talked and offering a small smile when she was brought into their conversation. She nodded her head. "I'm not much of a fan," she said apologetically, a look on her face that said "I'm sorry" as she took her seat, her movements jerky and not smooth like before they entered this place.

"Oh, no, I'll be fine," Mei said to Ling, her hands shooting up into the air so they hovered in front of her shoulders, palms forward. What had Ling brought her in for? She did not want to be pulled into this... this game. Her body reacted to this new-found stress and she could feel every muscle in her body tighten and her stomach giving a dull ache. Her eyes darted from the man before them to her sister- hoping for some form of help. The girl of blue knew what she was good at and what she was not and she knew coming into this that what she was getting into Ling could handle perfectly; she trusted her completely. Lee the Gentle- on the other hand- she did not and she had not counted on him to put her on the spot like that. What was he getting at? Was this just for fun? She had no clue.

She gulped, something that managed to take more effort than she intended and it hurt her throat. Once more she glanced at Ling for guidance, but the pressure sunk in too quickly, too fast. A joke? No, there was a chance she could make things worse. What could she do? What could she say? Ling's contact laughed at Lee's perverted joke and it left Mei speechless, her mouth agape and hands resting at her side. She felt naked without her water pouch and all the attention on her. A squeeze on her shoulder was felt and for one moment she forgot who's hand was on her shoulder, but after the split second it took for her to remember, she felt at ease. She had Ling with her.

"Ling could offer you a much better game," she said nervously, trying to keep the anxiety out of her voice though her voice filled the soundless room that waited on her. Surprisingly, her efforts were fruitful. "But I suppose that if it's a small wager?" What was she saying? This was their money and they couldn't afford to gamble it away because Lee wanted to challenge her to a game before her sister. At the same time, they couldn't simply let any of these efforts go to waste, they were already to close.

I hope that is well enough. Also, I apologize about double posting. It seemed more proper to give it it's own post.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 1, 2012 22:40:52 GMT -6

It's wonderful. Mei is yours. I will send you a PM with the profile, and you go ahead and post it in pending. As long as you make no changes, we can approve it with no fuss since we're just changing the "author" of the post.

What I will ask you to do, however, is somewhere at the top of the profile, add "This character originally by Ai Lin, adopted on 09.01.2012", linking it to this thread. I'll send a PM right away. :] Thank you so much!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 1, 2012 22:45:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 1, 2012 22:45:27 GMT -6

No problem, Kami! Its always a pleasure to help ^^