The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Republic City Park II

Post by Gia on Aug 12, 2012 20:51:34 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The park itself is grand, as large-scale as any of the important buildings and locals in the City. Located in the city centre penninsula, the park is landscaped by hand. The grass is kept impeccable, shaded by deciduous trees and spanning over small hills and valleys. A large pond stretches throughout the park, with stone bridges allowing for easy and safe passage across. There is a space for free speech in many of the walkways, and Equalist supporters often speak here to the many parkgoers daily.

Please do not disturb the wild life.
Do not feed the vagrants.
Fishing is prohibited.

[Time Frame Note: Korra has joined Tarlok's task force]

Previous Thread
This user is Mod
boo
Aug 26, 2012 0:33:41 GMT -6

Post by boo on Aug 26, 2012 0:33:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Patrols were usually one of Lin's more favoured parts of the job. When she had a patrol in a part of the city such as this one it was particularly satisfying. Too much of her job was filled with paperwork and sometimes it was just good to get back to the basics. That said, now that Tarrlok had started a task force to capture the Equalists things had been far more stressful. Chief Beifong wondered at times whether what they were doing was even correct. So many individuals seemed to have their places of residence raided and yet how many were actually in support of the Equalist movement. Even in spite of all this she still had to clean up the mess others created. Only the previous night they had been on patrol and seen the taskforce raiding a shop front, one Lin wasn't even sure had anything to do with Amon. None of her officers were a part of the force, something she was very thankful for, but the Avatar had joined.

For a number of reasons, this frustrated Lin but none more so than the fact that this would cause already very high tensions between benders and non-benders on the streets to become more prominent. The person who was supposed to be bringing balance and peace seemed to be perpetuating violence. That was all the people would see. Too many people came to the Police asking what they could do about the taskforce but they could do nothing. It was not under her jurisdiction and Lin could only hope every person captured would get a fair trial.

Metal clad arms folded across one another as Lin walked through the park, noting as she did that a few other members of her patrol were within sight. The police chief came to a stop and surveyed the surrounding area for a moment. She would be on patrol once again tonight, downtown in the less affluent parts of Republic City. This was usually one of the toughest patrols to take but just like all the other officers, she would do her part. It was never the favoured place simply because a large number of crimes were usually committed by triad members who also had airtight alibis more often than not and managed to get released after only a couple of days in holding.

A terrified scream made her jump to attention and just as she started moving, she noted with pride that the other two police on patrol also sprang into action. All three ran down the path, eventually using the metal cables to swing down the path all the faster. It was not even that dark but the area into which they were headed was a somewhat secluded part of the park. They whipped around the corner and took in the scene.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Sept 3, 2012 15:37:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 3, 2012 15:37:28 GMT -6

((Alright, let’s see where this goes Hangetsu. Also, I am playing in a way so that TARP’s timeskip has allowed Bao Yu to finally get her full Equalist status and matching mask.))

[tag: Hangest, but should anyone else care to join in, just ask]

Arg, what a day, what a day. Honestly, no day had ever been that bad. To think that something as simple as a misplaced folder could end up costing her lunch hour, break, practically the entire day. Not to mention it ended up forcing her to work overtime just to catch up with what was supposed to be done that day!

With clenched fists, the young Galgori clenched her jaw and suppressed her urge to shout. Instead, she chose the more mundane action, and just shook her head in defeat. Truth be told, she’d rather go through her Equalist exams fifty more times than have to deal with half of the stuff she had to do at work.

That thought perked her attention; her dark eyes lifted up and stared straight ahead of her as she passed through throngs of other civilians. Even though she paid little attention to the people passing her, she couldn’t help but note their glaring differences. That one gift of hers could never be squashed out. That was a given, and thanks to that gift she always excelled at her “groups” tasks. Once again, the thought brought about a very real response. A small smile perked itself upon her thin pink lips, and her eyes filled with joy at the memories established with the Equalist and her friend Tsubaki. Hopefully, that gal wouldn’t mind having to wait a little. After all, it wasn’t her fault. Mimi was supposed to have put the folder in the payroll not in archives. It wasn’t Bao Yu’s fault that she had to search the entire basement only to be reminded by that dumb Mimi that maybe it was in the archives! Arg, people were just so stupid sometimes! If only she were allowed to lay down the law on that clueless girl. Just a few quick jabs that’s all she asked for. And maybe, just maybe she could be allowed to hurt her, but just a little bit just to hopefully snap that girl’s mind back into place!

No! No, think positively. Work was over, the sun was barely starting to set, and she was going to have a good time with Tsubaki. And this wasn’t going to be a good time involving a mask, a specific uniform and a lot of physical exertion. No, it was going to be a girl’s night out. It didn’t require partying or drinking or anything crazy…although with Tsubaki that kind of was all you ever got. All it required was just something to distract her from work, and Sho. Why did Tsubaki have to peddle that boy into her mind? Things were much better when he was just another hot guy flinging himself about, like a spider monkey.

Oh, boy thought the young equalist as she entered central park with her somewhat conservative work attire consisting of a simple white buttoned shirt, and a mid length green skirt and with a Cabbage Corp badge covering her left breast. With a sigh, the young women unbound her long, jet black hair and let it flow against her back and ride the gentle breeze that blew around the evening hour.

Worriedly, she searched for her trumpet playing friend. Please, don't tell me you left, that is seriously the last thing I need…

This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Sept 3, 2012 15:51:18 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 3, 2012 15:42:58 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
<Kami mod post: Remember to tag your RPs! If they are not tagged, then they are automatically OPEN for anyone to join in!>
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 9, 2012 2:26:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 9, 2012 2:26:55 GMT -6

DOWN IN THE PARK
Tag:Armook

Tsubaki Ito's ever-present crossed weapon belts jingled as she strode up to Bao Yu but remained covered by the long red overcoat she had once liberated from a Red Monsoon.
A small box from a food stand made its presence known before Tsubaki did when the woman held the box to Bao Yu's face.
"This is free takoyaki. How did I get free fried balls of octopus meat, you ask? That's what's so nifty. Apparently...I'm..." She squealed a bit. "Pretty. Not just that but I'm free snack pretty. Totally made my day."

She waved the pleasant smelling takoyaki in front of Bao Yu's face.
"Eat the fruits of my prettiness. Oh, wow! I hope he doesn't come back expecting something from it. Like mariage or an heir to his takoyaki stand. I can't do Equalist stuff preggers. Then again maybe I can swallow a tiny bass or some drums and the little Tsubaki inside can help me land gigs. I'd finally be on my way to having my own band.
She mimicked a tiny upright bass being played at her stomach.

"And what about baby names? If it's a girl she'll be The Bride of Nine Spiders or Bao Yu. Boy...Tsubaki can be a boys name, I guess...I don't want any confusion though. I'll name him Yudai."
She stroked her chin. "I already used those names for my weapons, though. Naming kids is hard."

"What do you want to do, Bao? Go to a spa, have them put weird stuff on our faces? Catch a pit fight and hoot at the cute fighters? We could rub our rank in the faces of the new Equalists or I can get my dad to make us fried rice omelets. Then again there's drinking until we get silly. Whatever we do we need to get a smile on that face."

"Now...where did Bao Yu put her smile?" She gently poked her friend in the stomach near a chi point. "Is it here? Smile? Are you here?" She gently prodded her friend a few more times while calling to Bao Yu's smile.
"Smile? SMILE, are you in here?"
Tsubaki looked upward to see if Bao Yu's smile had ended up on her face.
This user is a former member