The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Character Assistance

spode
Aug 26, 2012 4:06:27 GMT -6

Post by spode on Aug 26, 2012 4:06:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I always seem to come with a case of writer's block whenever it comes to making characters so I am asking if anyone is willing to assist me on constructing a character I could use universally for any role plays.

All I know is that I either want to be a waterbender or a non-bender.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 26, 2012 4:58:10 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I'm not really sure what you mean by "universal" use? Could you clarify on that?

Other than that, I'm not really sure how anyone here can help specifically with character creation; it's very important here that a character you decide to play has a little piece of you so you don't get bored of them. Knowing you want to be a waterbender or non-bender isn't enough — at the very least have a personality type! If you don't enjoy your character, no matter how good of an RPer you are you will do badly.

To get you started, you can check out the "RP Discussion" board's subboard, "Character Requests" to see if someone has something up that you'd be willing to take. You can also take some time and look at the "Pending Profiles" board (under Central Station) and look at our Banned/Wanted list to see if you would be interested in making a character type that we need (I can think of Equalists or Police Officers [metal-bending cops and not-metalbending clerks / HQ desk folk alike) off the top of my head).

I hope this helps you get started!
This user is Mod
spode
Aug 26, 2012 22:16:03 GMT -6

Post by spode on Aug 26, 2012 22:16:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I mean a character of my own I could use for other role plays as well as TARP.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 26, 2012 23:49:00 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I'm not really sure we can help with that; I think it's poor form to make a 'base' character that you use on all RPs, because most RP forums would rather have you come up with something unique. If you're really dead set on it, though, then you may want to look up some character generators, such as this one for a generic character. If you opt to go this route, then I want to emphasise that you keep in mind not only TARP's Rules & FAQ, but whatever rules may be posted on other forums.

For future reference, however, we don't generally help people create their characters completely. :]
This user is Mod