The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Inserting images in the signature

scruffypuff
Jul 7, 2012 18:58:36 GMT -6

Post by scruffypuff on Jul 7, 2012 18:58:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm confused as to how you do it.

I tried it <image>link</image> and that didn't insert the image into the signature. Can someone tell me how to do it, please?
This user is a guest
kgal
Jul 7, 2012 19:09:52 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jul 7, 2012 19:09:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey! For one thing, text posts on proboards don't use html codes. They instead use [square] brackets, with a bit different rules.

I believe what you want are the [ img ] brackets.

For an example, let's say you upload a picture to a hosting site (such as imgur or tinypic). This picture perhaps.

You want to copy the direct link (the url) of that picture, and then use it like this:

[ img ]http://i.imgur.com/p4t1D.jpg[ /img ]

After you remove the spaces between the brackets, it will look like this:

I hope that helps! It should work the same for your text posts as well as your signature.
This user is a guest
Last edit by kgal: Jul 7, 2012 19:10:36 GMT -6
scruffypuff
Jul 7, 2012 19:19:45 GMT -6

Post by scruffypuff on Jul 7, 2012 19:19:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Whoo! Thanks so much!
I'll have to remember that [] are used instead of <>.
Thank you for pointing that out.
This user is a guest
kgal
Jul 7, 2012 19:39:04 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jul 7, 2012 19:39:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As for the link, you should re-host. Hotlinking is not allowed on this site, so hosting it to imgur or tinypic will work. If you'd also like the credit to look a little bit better, try using [ link ] brackets. How it works is you type [ link = http://thisisanexample . com ]Credit to Soandso[ / link ], just without the spaces.

I hope that helps!
This user is a guest
Last edit by kgal: Jul 7, 2012 19:39:39 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 7, 2012 19:44:16 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
@ sashu - you can use [noubbc][/noubbc] to show the coding or [code][/code]. :]

Just confirming what Sashu has said though regarding hotlinking. tumblr is not a valid image host for our purposes. :]
This user is Mod