The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Fashion

vio
Jul 1, 2012 16:40:50 GMT -6

Post by vio on Jul 1, 2012 16:40:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
LoK happens in a twenties-ian era, but for some reason Lisbeth Salander just won't get out of my head, and I'm trying to find a good balance between her and Hairdostuck Rose Lalonde appearance-wise, but the punk movement didn't show up 'till the seventies, and even the greasers didn't happen until the fifties.

So what I'm asking is, how punk rock can my character's clothing style be?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 1, 2012 16:43:56 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Um... not at all? As you said, LoK's influences are 1920's (between late 1800's - 1920's, really), so '70's punk rock style wouldn't be appropriate at all. Hope this helps! :]

EDIT; That's not to say dark clothing / short hair / piercings aren't allowed — they just have to be appropriate for the setting - so miniskirts, for instance, would not be appropriate. If you're having trouble making a 1920's punk-esque style, then it's probably best if you don't use it. :]
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 1, 2012 16:48:06 GMT -6
vio
Jul 1, 2012 17:33:14 GMT -6

Post by vio on Jul 1, 2012 17:33:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
You underestimate my power.

Good to know. Another question: Can D&D be a thing in-setting?
This user is a guest
kgal
Jul 1, 2012 17:36:16 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jul 1, 2012 17:36:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hm... Given what Kami said, I'd go with a no. That was also around in the 70s. That's not to say there aren't board games. Some may be of role-playing sort, but it would probably feature benders and may not have different races. Yeah. I'd honestly say no.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 1, 2012 17:41:39 GMT -6

Confirming what Yuriko said. That wasn't created until the 1970's. That said, it really sounds like you're trying to make a modern-day character fit into Korra. I'm going to have to ask you not to do that. :] Even if you take inspiration from a character, remember your characters need to be 'native' to Korra — rather than trying to bring modern-day elements into an already-themed series.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 1, 2012 17:42:23 GMT -6
vio
Jul 1, 2012 17:45:34 GMT -6

Post by vio on Jul 1, 2012 17:45:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
No trying to put together a playgroup for a rousing game of Bats & Benders. Got it.

Question three: Does this site have any kind of chatbox?
This user is a guest
kgal
Jul 1, 2012 17:49:11 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jul 1, 2012 17:49:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
No. And there won't be. Please refer to the Rules and FAQ page.

EDIT: Whoops! As Kami said, currently that information is not provided on the Rules and FAQ but on the suggestions page.
This user is a guest
Last edit by kgal: Jul 1, 2012 17:52:44 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 1, 2012 17:51:48 GMT -6

kgal Avatar
No. And there won't be. Please refer to the Rules and FAQ page =P

Actually, it's the suggestions page. :] To further explain, TARP has tried to have a chatbox several times in the span of seven years, but they always fall inactive. Sorry about that!
This user is Mod
vio
Jul 1, 2012 17:53:31 GMT -6

Post by vio on Jul 1, 2012 17:53:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I already did. I must have missed the part where it said No Chatbox.

EDIT: Thanks for clearing that up, Kami.

EDIT EDIT: Another question occurs to me. We've seen Equalists bomb civilian places now, so I was wondering if at any point y'all are gonna have room for an Equalist bomb-maker/deliverer. *thinking ahead*
This user is a guest
Last edit by kgal: Jul 1, 2012 17:59:03 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 1, 2012 17:59:52 GMT -6

Perhaps in the future, yes! :] We currently are not that far into the plot, but once the Equalists become more active that will definitely be a possibility :]
This user is Mod
vio
Jul 1, 2012 18:02:58 GMT -6

Post by vio on Jul 1, 2012 18:02:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Beaut. Thank you kindly for your help.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 1, 2012 18:04:58 GMT -6

Any time!
This user is Mod