The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

I am thouroghly confused...

tidekeyman
Jun 27, 2012 16:16:42 GMT -6

Post by tidekeyman on Jun 27, 2012 16:16:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I realize going into this that there is probably a simple link that will solve this question and every thing will be fine. I cannot find the answer to my question for the life of me, so please mods, admins, and players, have mercy on this poor newbie.

I have been browsing this forum, getting ready for the time when my character is approved, and I've noticed that this board seems to differ from the traditional RP Forum model where everyone makes a thread in a board and role plays with one or two people, then the thread ends.

Instead, as I have noticed, the role playing happens in certain specified threads for different locations. Everyone goes into the same thread to post and make their role plays happen.

I want to make sure that I'm understanding how it works here correctly. Did I get it?

And I have a couple of questions once the above is answered.
This user is a guest
Last edit by tidekeyman: Jun 27, 2012 16:17:00 GMT -6
kgal
Jun 27, 2012 16:39:38 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jun 27, 2012 16:39:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yes =] Typically you ignore the other players in the thread unless you're directly engaging them. Threads can begin and end just like normal, except it's a public location, so other people may continue on even though you and your partner don't. Others might post before you, after you, or in between your posts, but you don't need to mind them unless they're your rp partner.

Hope that helps!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 27, 2012 22:29:57 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
What Yuriko has posted is correct, though I would like to elaborate a bit more.

Because Korra is a "world" roleplay, the roleplaying takes place in "community" threads, just like you are in the world. You can see other people in the same location (provided that you are on the same time of day), but just like in real life, you can't go barging in on people's conversations (so to speak). :]

If you're looking for a more private roleplay, with thread-creating abilities, then the "Personal Roleplay" board is your best bet. This section is for RPs between 2-3 people; as long as you don't overuse this section, you're free to run threads there concurrently with threads in the "World" rp.
This user is Mod