The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

July Updates

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 1, 2012 11:52:18 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
**07.01.2012**
From the Monthly PM
  • TARP has a new layout! We're still sorting out some bugs, so until the all-clear is given, please only send bug reports not covered here. Please only send bug reports to me (Kami), since I am the one handling the layout.

• RP Post Tagging - We are now asking people who participate in the community threads to tag their posts with the characters replying. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate: a simple "tag: character, character, & character" will do. Untagged posts will be presumed to be open for people to interact with! We're trying to encourage members to jump into plots for some quicker RPing experience, so they don't always have to wait until their plotting thread is answered. Help make TARP a nice experience for everyone, and if you're not in a private plot, leave your posts untagged!

• Profiles will now be locked after acceptance - We touched upon this earlier in the month, but we are now going to be locking profiles after they've been accepted. Don't worry — if you need to make changes to your profile, or would like to remove a character from the boards, you are more than welcome to! Just PM a staff member, and we'll take care of it. This way, any chances made will be approved by staff, and we can update our profile lists to accommodate changes.

• The first probending match is underway! Remember, all members with accepted character profiles are welcome to post as spectators! Many thanks to the team members of The Flying Koi and The Lion Turtles for being willing guinea pigs for our first board-wide event. We will update anyone on any rule / process changes before the next match. If you have any questions regarding Probending, please ask here.

• We will also be setting up another board-wide "themed" event for the summer. Stay tuned!

• PMing staff members: We have always had an "open inbox" policy regarding PM contact, but lately it's been getting out of hand! People have been ignoring that little popup that comes up when PMing a staff member, and sending us PMs about "When will you approve my profile", and overall just flooding our inboxes with back-to-back-to-back messages. While we appreciate everyone's eagerness to play and to understand the site, we're going to have to ask everyone to be more considerate when PMing staff members. We will respond to everyone's PMs as necessary, so there is no need to PM us multiple times in a row about the same thing! Remember: PMs are a privilege. Please don't take away the privilege for other people.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 1, 2012 13:25:35 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 1, 2012 17:07:22 GMT -6

**07.01.2012**
Rules & FAQ Page updated
Please check it out! Hopefully it's a bit easier to navigate & more comprehensive.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 2, 2012 23:42:17 GMT -6

**RE: Canon Characters, 07.02.2012**
Application Rules Updated
We are now reviewing canon apps on a first-come, first served basis and will no longer be allowing time for people to band-wagon apply. Hopefully, this speeds up the canon acceptance process.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 2, 2012 23:43:00 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 3, 2012 23:42:07 GMT -6

**RE: Staffing Changes & Canon Apps, 07.03.2012**
From the Mass PM
Hello everyone! I apologise for sending another PM so close to the monthly newsletter, but there have been some important staffing changes to TARP that we would like to share.

First up, some sad news. Ai Lin and Shio will no longer be a part of the staff team, due to real-life time constraints. Karena, Zombi, and I would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude for their years of staffing. Thank you, both of you, for being such good staff members and team players. Don't worry, though! Both of them intend to remain on as non-staff members, and will be continuing their roleplaying as time allows for them. Many thanks again to both of you! TARP owes you a great deal.

Next, some good news! We would like to welcome Hangetsu to the staff team! We had a few candidates for this spot, but ultimately decided to offer it to Hangetsu based on his consistently excellent display of both membership and roleplaying over the years, even during our hiatus. He has accepted, so let's give him a hearty congratulations!

Hangetsu will be primarily covering the Canon Applications board with us, but he is as every bit of a staff member as Karena, Zombi, or myself! Please respect him as a full member of the staff team on the entirety of the board.

Now, with this staffing change, the canon application process has also changed! Applicants will now need 2/3 staff approval stamps instead of the former 3/5. Thank you for your understanding!

So, to sum up: lots of hugs and thanks to Shio & Ai Lin, a hearty welcome to our new mod Hangetsu, and canon apps are now a 2/3 stamp process.

Thanks for reading!
-Kami
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 3, 2012 23:42:34 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 12, 2012 18:20:32 GMT -6

**07.12.2012**
Coding Update
All right, so all coding should be fixed! If you are still experiencing issues, please send me a detailed bug report with:

- The problem you are experiencing.
- Where you are experiencing it (link me to an example)
- Your operating system (Vista, XP, Windows 7, OSX, etc)
- Your browser & version #
———- Your browser is what you use to view the internets
———- Version # can be found in the "about" of your browser (sometimes under "help")
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 12, 2012 18:20:45 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 13, 2012 3:00:30 GMT -6

**07.13.2012**
New Feature: Board Hover Description
I didn't technically do this yesterday; I think it happened somewhere along the line where I was editing the main page layout. HOWEVER, now, if you hover over a board before clicking on it, a small text box will appear with the board description! No more excuses for not knowing what boards are for what. ;]
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 13, 2012 3:00:52 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 19, 2012 0:46:35 GMT -6

**07.18.2012**
TARP HAS REACHED THREE MILLION VIEWS
You read that right, folks! Three million. Congratulations and thanks to EVERYONE for making this possible!
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 28, 2012 17:28:06 GMT -6

**07.28.2012**
TIME SHIFT UPCOMING
On August 12, TARP will be time-shifting to mid- Episode 4: The Voice in the Night. That means the events of Episode 3 (The Revelation) will have happened, and Episode four will be the "current" time frame for the site — Tarrlok and Korra will be heading the Taskforce.

PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY. Again, this time shift will take place August 12 following our third probending match. Please wrap up your public roleplays (Personal Threads are OK) during this time. Thank you!
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 28, 2012 17:29:35 GMT -6