The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Apartments & Warehouses

kaitokatashi
Jul 19, 2012 1:05:20 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jul 19, 2012 1:05:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jin Ho's Apartment
[tag: Zombi]

I'm so glad to hear you say that. I — I wanted to say the same to you, but I didn't want you to think I was ridiculous

Mizu was glad he'd said it; it meant that they were on the same page as far as their "relationship" was concerned. It felt nice; to have someone who understood things the way he did.

"I wouldn't have thought you were ridiculous. I'm glad, though." His smile seemed to be as bright as the non-existent sun as his eyes traveled over every inch of Jin Ho's face. The time for words came to an end when the Metalbender snuggled up to his side; pretty soon, his breaths were shallow and even. He hoped against hope that nothing would disturb such tranquility, and the feeling of their chi flowing naturally together soothed him. His eyes fluttered and soon, he was fast asleep.

In his dream, he was in a garden at night. Fire flies hovered in the fragrant air, creating ethereal lights that guided him down a cobbled path. Mizu could have sworn it was the citrus scent he'd smelled in the living room. He continued walking, and the fire flies followed him. It was like a million tiny lanterns floating in the space around him, and their lazy meandering created briefly-lit paths as they did.

Up ahead, he could see the outline of a figure, and he took a few hesitant steps toward it. Should he go further? He squinted; the fire flies did nothing to illuminate the silhouette. He held out his hand, trying to reach it, but it seemed to get farther away, even when he kept stepping forward. The fire flies swarmed in front of him, creating a barrier of light; he stopped, letting out a sigh. Maybe he wasn't supposed to know who it was. Not yet.

He barely stirred when Jin Ho got out of the bed, and he settled into a more comfortable position on his side, oblivious to the other man's absence.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 19, 2012 18:29:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2012 18:29:20 GMT -6

Jin Ho's Apartment

[tag: Mizu-ssi][/center]

When Jin Ho came back from washing his face and putting on the light-weight clothes he liked to wear for running, he smiled a little. Mizu had rolled onto his side, and looked as peaceful as could be. He honestly didn't even want to wake the man! But, he'd said he wanted to run with him.

Jin Ho decided to take a little more time. He went to the living room to comb his hair back out and rebraid it into a tight, thick braid, suitable for running. After tying it back off and putting on the bright, limey acid green shoes he always ran in, he went back to the bedroom. Sitting on the edge of the bed, Jin Ho gently laid a hand on Mizu's shoulder.

"Hey, baby," he said in a quiet tone, the term of endearment slipping out without his even noticing, "wake up. It's morning. Did you still want to go run with me?" The sun was peeking through the curtains, filling the room with slivers of bright light. It was already much later than he usually got out. On normal days, every day, Jin Ho Park watched the sun rise.

((OOC: sorry it's short, but I couldn't godmod you.))
This user is a former member
kaitokatashi
Jul 21, 2012 9:21:38 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jul 21, 2012 9:21:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jin Ho's Apartment
[tag: Zombi]

The world around him shattered like glass and suddenly, dark water suspended his body. He floated there for a second.

Hey, baby, wake up. It's morning.

The words swam through the liquid and the Waterbender noticed a patch of dark blue light above him. Waving his arms did nothing to propel him toward the surface and, in a panic, he took a breath full of icy water. His muscles burned as he swam, straining to get to the light he saw. It grew fainter as blackness enveloped him...

His eyes shot open and, as everything faded into focus, he realized that he was in an apartment on dry land, not drowning in the ocean; it took him a moment to notice that his heart was beating an erratic rhythm against his ribcage.

Did you still want to go run with me?

Mizu took a few breaths to steady himself. "Yeah. I just need to get ready." Rolling out of bed, he made his way out of the room and down the hall; once he was in the bathroom, he closed the door behind him.

The man looked at himself in the mirror, noticing everything that made him look like he stayed up all night, every night; dark circles under his eyes, visible veins in the whites of his eyes, and a look that didn't convey a sense of satisfaction with being out and about in the waking world, but the waking world wasn't the problem. Why had he dreamed about drowning again? Did the spirits think that, since Jin Ho got to sleep peacefully, that at least one of them would suffer?

Mizu splashed some water from the tap onto his face and bent it away; it was going to take more than water to distract him from thoughts about the moments before he woke up. With a weight in his chest, he went back into the bedroom and slipped his shirt back on. What he was wearing was probably good for running, right? Sleeveless shirt, loose pants, comfortable shoes?

"I'm ready." He did his best to summon a weak smile for the other man.

(That's okay. I managed to write a decent post. :))
This user is a guest
kgal
Jul 21, 2012 15:59:52 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jul 21, 2012 15:59:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Mugen Yuan's Dragon Flats Apartment
[tag: Hangetsu]

The sake still felt warm between her hands. She helped herself to a little bit more, feeling a bit dizzy in her head. It was nice, not bad. Yuriko could get used to such a treat every once in a while - if Daddy would let her drink anyway. Which he obviously wouldn't. She remembered him telling her once that alcohol was as close to a physical representation of evil as possible. It tended to possess people and change their entire personality before making them physically sick; and not just while it was drunk but afterwards, forcing those to spend whole paychecks on the stuff based on desire only. He said it was that evil that was killing her mother.

But... This wasn't at all like that. Yuriko liked the rice wine but she wasn't about to go throw away every yuan she had for another taste. She liked the warmth it gave her. It wasn't like she couldn't feel their effects. The florist's daughter knew what it felt like when she was... sober, is the word? and when she was drinking this rice wine. Or at least she thought she did...

Still, Mugen's words still stung. But... his next words allayed her anxiety a bit, and the alcohol even more so. "I promised a meal and a place to rest. Instead I have subjected you to a meal made from scraps in a basement and motherly interrogations."

The real word that stuck out to Yuriko was "motherly". Did that mean... Did that mean his mother... Ziu... did that mean she was acting motherly to Yuriko? It was a strange sensation for the young woman. She couldn't help but smile, cheeks pink and tingly. Even Yuriko's earliest memories didn't include any "motherly" kindness. She'd always wander around and sometimes snap at her. The young firebender's memories included looking up to the dark woman and seeing a total lack of caring or feeling. Now Yuriko knew it had been drowned away by illness and depression.

So this doting sort of idea was so nice to the firebender that she giggled. "I like motherly interrogations," she admitted, taking another sip of the wine and really savoring its flavor. After a moment, she continued. "I just thought you meant..."

But she was distracted by a sound. She turned her head (watching the world spin at a slowed rate) and saw Mrs. Yuan step out from behind the partition, carrying a little guitar-like instrument. "You're going to sing!" she realized aloud, looking back at Mugen. He seemed a bit exasperated, but he sang anyway, behind closed eyes.

The sound was totally foreign to Yuriko. She'd never heard music like it before in her life. The instrument was a... a shamisen. They were common in the traditional songs that her father liked. But this was different, more... rustic, she supposed. Only the first line dealt with nature, but the subject matter was also foreign. It wasn't what she expected, but Mugen had a beautiful singing voice (with that accent, she noticed) that matched the upbeat song.

When it was over, Yuriko grinned and clapped for a moment. "You're really great!" she enthused quietly. He didn't seem as excited as she was, which was okay. People got stage fright! No big deal, no big deal at all. Yuriko finished off her little glass and watched Mugen rise. She followed suit, and wondered where his mother had gone off to.

"Let's go for a walk. It isn't dark yet." Yuriko nodded, still feeling quite dizzy, but she followed him back out, kimono and all. The air outside wasn't much cooler, but she hadn't realized so much time had passed in the basement. The sun was already beginning to climb its way down the sky. She smiled at Mugen, fighting to keep from wobbling around everywhere.

"Yeah, a walk is good. Daddy will be mad if he knows I drank anything. Plus, I'll have to change back. I'll have to tell him I tripp-- Woah!"

Yuriko stumbled and nearly fell. Instead of getting upset, she started laughing loudly. "Whoops!" she cried between giggles. "That would have been bad!" She attempted to walk straight back to Mugen's side, successful though she stumbled again.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2012 20:08:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2012 20:08:32 GMT -6

Jin Ho’s Apartment

[tag: Mizu-ssi][/center]

Due to the emotional hurricane the day before had been, Jin Ho was not in a position to be very observant when it came to small clues about Mizu’s emotional state. The young policeman was still very far from dealing with his best friend’s death, and there was no doubt he’d experience more crying that day. Jin Ho did at least notice the bloodshot eyes and dark circles. He frowned. “You don’t look very well,” he said. “Do you want to go home and rest?”

Mizu proclaimed he was ready, so Jin Ho shrugged. “You really don’t have to run with me if you aren’t feeling well. I don’t want you to hate it on your first time.” If Mizu insisted, well, that was fine. Jin Ho planned on taking a short path that day regardless, forgetting in his planning that the short path was the one he’d always run with Sweeper. The dog wasn’t much for long distance, but Jin Ho had enjoyed taking him out on short runs. It was something he’d likely remember later at some very inopportune time.

The morning air was cool as he stepped out into it, and Jin Ho breathed deep. Bright sunshine turned the highlights of his hair near-blue and he took in the street for a moment before exhaling. “Right. Off then,” he said, and then stepped off the last step that led up to his apartment building. He noticed, as usual, the loose brick that had yet to be fixed. Hadn’t he complained about it previously? Ah, well.

Jin Ho didn’t start off walking. He started off running at an easy, loping pace. He wasn’t much for talking with running partners, even when he had them. At best, he’d make eye contact a few times to ensure their presence. When he ran, Jin Ho tended to lose himself in his mind. The dogs barking and people smiling as he ran past all burred into one long image and he ignored them all, pushing himself to feel the burn in his lungs and the shake in his legs.

As he rounded the corner his eyes began to burn. He always did this route with Sweeper. Without realizing, he began to run faster, trying to outrun the memories that flooded his mind. He tried to focus on his body, to block out the pain. Your heart is beating. This means you are alive. His pace quickened, faster and faster, close to a full sprint. Your body is moving. This means you cannot be stopped.

But he could be stopped. Jin Ho felt his throat close up a little, choking on tears and he shook his head, pushing them away. Not now, not yet. Keep going. The sun beat down on him, harsh and bright. He entered a beaten path down by Yue Bay, one often used for trail rides and running or walking. Sweeper had loved Yue Bay, loved to play in the water and come out shaking, covering everyone nearby in mist.

Too sad. Don’t stop. So often he pushed himself by reminding himself that the running would help with his work, help keep people safe. It was admirable to push oneself, to learn one’s limits and surpass them. Wasn’t it?

You have nothing to lose – and everything

He took a ragged breath.

Everything

His stride faltered a little, worn out. The lack of sleep and emotional sprinting was all catching up with him, coupled by an inability to breathe.

Everything to gain.

Jin Ho stopped near the water and threw up.

((OOC: next reply should move to through republic city or wherever you think Yue Bay falls in terms of our threads!))
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 21, 2012 20:09:29 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 23, 2012 1:03:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2012 1:03:42 GMT -6

Mugen Yuan's Dragon Flats Apartment
Tag: Sashu Momoi

Yuriko seemed to be having a splendid time and Mugen could not fathom why. It was stew made from leftovers and a couple of songs. He couldn't help but wonder what her home life was like to appreciate something so banal.
Then the stumbling started and it the situation became clear.

Bringing a woman into their home meant that Mugen would have to explain at length the means by which the situation occurred. Lately the immigrant from the Foggy Swamp was getting far too interested in Mugen's social life...or lack thereof.

The awkward gait of his female companion made Mugen wonder what his course of action should be. Even slightly inebriated Yuriko could tell Ziu of her son's true means of yuan acquisition.
Mugen rubbed his eyes. It was supposed to be an uncomplicated day off. No deception. No dealing with people.
The absurdity of him being troubled by a simple florist did not escape him...he just did not find it amusing.

He kept an eye on Yuriko as they walked. He anticipated an hour until the effects of the rice wine were gone. The idea of taking her to Iluak for some sort of remedy came to mind. After all, who would have a better drunk remedy than an alcoholic healer?
It seemed a worthy idea at first but Mugen felt that he already had exposed too much to Yuriko. Besides which, Yuriko felt like a weakness someone could exploit. He had promised her father that she would remain safe and even among normals Mugen had a reputation to maintain. Not many people thought much of a criminal keeping his word but everyone had a low opinion of those who did not.

Perhaps it was the sake but Yuriko didn't seem phased to be in the Dragon Flats District while so near sundown. It could be a rough place at times but the judgement of people who would never deign to set one well-manicured toe in it was a source of annoyance...even anger at times, but he'd never admit it. He still wished he could convince his mother to take his offer to pay for a nicer place.

The fact that he had momentarily forgotten that Yuriko was with him was a positive testament to her company. Most people had to be endured.
Mugen stopped at the edge of his apartment building and turned toward a ladder leading up to the roof. "Come. I'll show you something wonderful."

I was just a speck of light. It could have been a firefly or any number of buildings that lit up soon before dark but it wasn't.
"That's the Pro Bending stadium. As a child I used to sit here and imagine playing a match. Later when the reality of my non-bending status became apparent I dreamed of being in the crowds." He let out a slightly disgusted slightly wistful smirk at his younger self. "Obviously, I became more ambitious over time but more than anything I wished I could see what was inside that faint little light."
The story of when Mugen first saw the stadium lit up close was a store he planned on telling no one. He couldn't adequately describe that sense of awe.

"Please tell me that as a child you aspired more to than Pro Bending spectator."
He sat on the edge of the building dangling his feet and gestured for Yuriko to join him.