The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Central City Station

Anonymous
Jun 27, 2012 17:01:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 27, 2012 17:01:48 GMT -6

Something clicked all of a sudden, something that startled the young artist in the most subtle way anything ever had. She wasn't sure whether this was what could be called the sixth sense, or if it was just that her observation skill had had a surprise intended for her all along. Just as she was about to apply the brush onto her drawing once more to finally color the aspiring pro-bender's image, she noticed that something in her environment had become different, even though she was not looking at it directly. Kim didn't exactly believe in women's intuition, at least not in that sense of the term, but she just knew that something, or someone, had just gained more artistic value, just become more interesting and special.

But she did not look up just yet. Instead, and as hard as it turned out to be, she kept on coloring the image with this confusing feeling distracting her mind. It was a mix of curiosity and of craving - for new material, that is - and it sort of pained her on the inside. Was it within her direct line of sight, or was it something rather inconspicuous that she would have to look for ? Was it really that important, or would it be a waste of time, just another false alarm ?

No, it was too much. She lifted her head up at the same time as she did the brush, her golden eyes starting to scan the area... And it only took somewhat a second of looking. What she saw was definitely the most intriguing thing she had seen in a while. Standing way over there, a foreigner that she had noticed a while before, but dismissed as another traveler who marveled at the FIre Lord's statue and its imperfections. But now... he looked both innocent and lost. It was giving him this atmosphere that was not the kind everyone carried around them. It was something that she would love to draw, her intuition was right.

From the looks of it, he seemed to have just come in town, and judging by his clothing- she did not care. All that was important was the atmosphere he was bathing in, and his looks. She could not pass up this occasion, this would be one great portrait to add to her collection. "Excuse me for a second." She told the other Earthbender, leaping off her seat and almost knocking her vials over. She walked over to the newcomer, clearing her throat a little to get his attention, a small smirk on her face as she thought about drawing him.

"Pa-..." Was all that escaped her mouth. The rest wouldn't come out, as she suddenly felt very shy and uncomfortable. It hadn't occurred to her that what she was about to ask may sound a little too... intimate. And on second thought, it would probably have been easier to just start drawing him without asking, because she might destroy the impression he had that she wanted to render correctly on her paper. "Pa... Pardon me." Kim said with an embarrassed voice "I saw you from... from over there and I... you don't look like you're from around here, so... I just- can I draw you ? I mean would you mind if I drew- used you as a model for a drawing ?' It wasn't everyday that Kim Cuong had difficulty pronouncing words like that. But at the same time, she'd probably destroyed what she wanted to have.

'What in the world is wrong with me ?'
This user is a former member
duvetdemot
Jun 30, 2012 3:20:31 GMT -6

Post by duvetdemot on Jun 30, 2012 3:20:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Shifting his eyes back and forth across the plaza, Bataar observed the people around him talking with one another, smiles upon some faces and looks of contempt or contemplation upon others. Strangers to everyone and family to few. The soul of this city was far removed from the still beauty of the desert. Everyone knew everyone in Bataar's tribe and each worked for the common goal of survival, but here... Here, people were individuals fighting to survive - no, not survive: they were struggling to achieve. Each citizen of Republic City was not resigned to simple living and repetition, so they struggled every day to achieve a personal goal. Bataar smiled at the concept of individual achievement. Although raised far from this maze of stone, steel, and strangers, Bataar could feel the heartbeat of the city beneath his skin, within his soul. In his mind, he heard its urging. After all, that was the reason he had stolen away from his home under cover of night: to achieve something greater than himself.

As his eyes continued to arc from left to right and face to face, Bataar noticed a figure moving toward him out of the corner of his vision. It had been a subtle spotting, with a dramatic swoosh of brown from the woman's dress entering his view before she did. With a not-so-subtle clearing of the throat, the woman captured Bataar's full attention as he turned to face her, only for his eyes to go wide in response to the woman's astonishing appearance. Of all the sights he'd seen in his journey to this point, the woman before him was by far the strangest. What first struck him were the three eyes carefully painted upon her face. Bataar could not bring himself to comprehend their significance, nor could he understand the purpose of the woman's paintings upon her arms, legs, and stomach; however, despite his confusion, Bataar found himself grounded by the woman's shapely figure and golden eyes... She was strange, but beyond the veil of ink there was a homeness to her.

And then she made a request of him. "Can I draw you", she asked. This strange woman of fair complexion and colored body wanted to draw him? For what purpose? She seemed to have enough material on her body to keep the curious viewer busy for hours. Why would she need a model? Then a thought occurred to Bataar: a model to draw from or to draw on?

But if she can help me... Why not?

Bataar equipped his best smile and gave the painted lady a slight nod. Whatever the outcome of this, his first venture amongst the citizens of Republic City, perhaps he could gain some knowledge that would help him meet with the Council or survive on the streets if he were required to extend his stay. However, he had some trouble moving his lips for a moment, as intimidating as this woman was.

"U-um. No! I'm sorry. I mean, of course I wouldn't mind."

Readjusting his rucksack on his shoulder, Bataar awkwardly cleared his throat and smiled sheepishly at the woman.

That's one way to make an impression...
This user is a guest
Last edit by duvetdemot: Jun 30, 2012 4:25:57 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 1, 2012 20:16:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 1, 2012 20:16:37 GMT -6

For a time, that was probably a second long and yet felt like an eternity, Kim thought about what she did, and realized that she just might have come off as a complete fool to this young man. The way she looked was usually strange enough for the common Republic City passerby that spotted her, and even then she let them think whatever they wanted as long as neither they nor she started bothering the other about it. But this time... this man was a stranger, literally a foreigner, and she had almost jumped on him for the weirdest request someone could ask a person who'd just stepped out of the train - or close to the weirdest.

But he nodded. With a smile.What this provoked inside of her was similar to when water was poured onto a heated surface and cooled it down. She felt like her body had blushed entirely, in all its fleshy color, and steam was circulating inside her entire body. Instead of feeling hot on the outside, she did on the inside. But the burden of suspense was gone now. He had agreed, which meant she could now... proceed. "Great ! Just great, I'll just, err... get my tools." The young artist said with a smile, feeling a bit calmer, yet sensing the boiling excitement that was going to overcome her the moment she started painting.

She turned around slowly, trying to avoid eye contact with him, and walked away with a forced slow pace. If she did not restrain herself, her legs would probably be dashing in an unstable way right now. Upon reaching the vials and papers, Kim turned around for an instant, to check if he hadn't run away. Fortunately, and as expected, he was still there. She bent over and picked up all her stuff, holding the vials between her right arm and her stomach, the papers in her left hand, and the brush with her mouth.

Once back in front of him, she set everything down at her feet, held the brush with her right hand and took one paper out of her stack. "Alright, just try to... be yourself. Act as if I wasn't here." She said. Most of the time, this would actually be good advice, but she had literally broken his pace in order to get to do this. Her words and actions were a bit contradictory, and she was realizing it. But what was it so awkward right now ? She'd never had a problem with using models before... Regardless of the fact that they were all people she knew.

'...Talk about something else.' She suggested to herself. "So..." Kim began saying while dipping her brush into one of the vials. "It doesn't seem like you've ever come to Republic City. Where do you hail from ?" She asked. Making conversation sounded like a good way to bring out that aura she was looking for. Besides, depending on his origin, she could add a certain shade to the picture.
duvetdemot
Jul 8, 2012 3:29:24 GMT -6

Post by duvetdemot on Jul 8, 2012 3:29:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((OOC: I apologize for the egregious delay. My aunts were in town this past week and I was expected to entertain and babysit their twin, six-year-old sons.))

As he spoke to the woman, Bataar couldn't help but notice a red hue settling upon her face and extending down her neck ever so slightly. Was she blushing? What reason did she have to blush?

"Great! Just great! I'll get my tools!" The words seemed to jettison from her

Smiling slightly at the woman, Bataar watched as she ambled off toward the other side of the courtyard in a measured and orderly fashion. Her dress swished back and forth as she walked, though Bataar's eyes were focused on the beautiful dragon upon her lithesome back which appeared to be flying away from the moon. The blue and white streams seemed to converge on that yellow circle, and though he understood the basic connection between the moon and waterbending, Bataar could not help but question the significance these drawings had for their owner. The woman, whose name Bataar had not yet learned, carefully picked up a number of small vials, papers, and a brush within her mouth with ease. Any other person attempting that feat might have appeared to struggle, but this strange woman seemed to move about with ease, as if this was an every day occurrence for her. Judging by her appearance and the nonchalant speed at which she walked back toward him - with arms encumbered, it very likely was.

Swiftly setting down her supplies in a practiced manner and retrieving a brush and paper, the woman began to work away albeit with some advice attached. "Be yourself," she had said. "Act as if I wasn't here." But how was Bataar meant to do that? She'd practically taken his mind off of the larger issues and forced him to focus just on her. Resettling himself, Bataar decided to try and focus on the buildings across the street and well-dressed citizens of Republic City filing in and out of the doors. What was this woman, then? She didn't appear to be a normal citizen... In fact, the woman seemed more of an oddity in this place than the sandbender did. A hard feat, he was sure.

"It doesn't seem like you've ever come to Republic City. Where do you hail from ?"

The question caught Bataar off guard. Words in general caught him off guard. He'd been under the impression that he was to act natural, yet this woman was eager to start conversation. Was it a game? A creative process? Bataar's confusion swept across his crystalline thoughts as a mist, obscuring any attempt at logical reasoning. Instead of working past this sudden block, Bataar decided to follow the woman on whatever process or technique she was soliciting help from. He cleared his throat and gave the woman a passing glance, noting her golden eyes had cleared and refocused on the page before her. A certain glow was about her now, her hand and brush moving in sync. Although he was hardly one who could speak with authority on the subject, it was almost as if the mere act of holding the brush had transformed her into a more complete version of herself.

Giving a slight clearing of his throat, (as if to break his own glances at the woman and clear the air) Bataar began to speak in a precise and measured manner, hoping to appease the woman's question without breaking her concentration. He stared outward with eyes intent on the buildings and bustling crowds across the street, but continued to glance down every few words to judge the woman's reaction. "I was born and brought up in the Northern Si Wong Desert which touches the land of the Earth Kingdom. I hope you don't mind my looking, but I noticed you have a moon, a badgermole, and and dragon your body... Where is it that you were born?" Bataar mentally sighed. His words seemed forced and arbitrary. Had he pushed too far with his questions? Should he have answered and left it at that? All he could do was wait.
This user is a guest
Last edit by duvetdemot: Jul 10, 2012 14:50:57 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 10, 2012 17:28:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 10, 2012 17:28:24 GMT -6

OOC: O.O It's alright. I hope you sued the kids afterwards, though...

tag:Jeon

He was glancing. Even while her own eyes were looking at the paper she was holding, seeing the outlines of the picture that she was about to draw, figuring the different hues she might have to make up, she could tell that his eyes were on her. It wasn't a sixth sense, it was common sense. Most people, when talked to by a stranger with a particular appearance such as herself, would want to look even further. She never tried to find out whether it was out of attraction, or curiosity, or even disgust... All that mattered was that they were looking at her, and seeing one of the most important forms of her craft. That was the reason for these skin drawings. And yet... This time, she was wondering what he thought about her. Was it repulsing him ? Was it seducing him ? Was it just intriguing him, like the spread of different species across this part of the continent intrigued some scientists ? The young artist didn't need to know. But she wanted to, so badly.

She glanced up at him, to take another good look at him and at his silhouette. His bearing was something special, in the sense that it was completing his aura in Kim's eyes. He seemed lost, which was why she was using him as a model, but he was not a wanderer. His posture was telling her that he had a purpose, that he was not like those foolish citizens or travelers who were standing for the mere fact that they could, going about their lives with in mind only the destination, neither meaning nor motivation for their actions... At the very least, that's what he was inspiring her. She wanted to draw him in the most revealing light possible, and he was pure food for er creativity, a tease for her artistic sense. And that was a strange feeling.

Her eyes lowered back to her paper, as her right hand proceeded to refine the curves of the picture. Her fingers squeezed the brush to bend the impurities off, just as he was replying to her previous question. As she had expected - but not completely intended - the sudden inquiry had set him into a state of vagueness about the situation, of fleeting grasp and presence that made the young man so innocent and so art-material in her eyes.. It wasn't going to last long, anyway. 'The Si Wong Desert ? So then, he's actually-' She started thinking, until he continued his response with an observation he had made... One that pleased her very much. It had intrigued him, as she had hoped, but he was not yet asking for their signification.

Remaining undistracted from her work, the corners of her mouth slightly curved into a smirk, as she, for the first time, felt personally proud that someone had taken notice of her drawings and let her know. But, as she finished the pattern of his silhouette and brought the brush up off the paper, Kim felt something a bit unusual. Most of the time, she would feel nothing but the clear calling of the colors, craving to be put onto paper even as she was talking about her art, but this time around she couldn't help the thought of hearing him asking her directly, wanting to know the meaning behind the strange drawings... She couldn't understand it herself.

Her lips softly blew on the tip of the brush, to make the dust go away and ready it for the next vial she'd dip it in. "I was born in Ba Sing Se." The young artist said, still smirking a little "But I've moved to the United Republic many years ago." The brush was dipped into the brown ink, examining the color of his face a bit more carefully to see how much she would have to blend the colors in the end. His was not a very bright skin, which was probably normal for desert natives... She had not failed to notice how he was making the Si Wong Desert and the Earth Kingdom to be two separate locations. It was probably because she was from Ba Sing Se, where the girls usually thought highly of themselves, but she found that distinction cute...

"I don't mind you looking at me. That's exactly what I'm showing the drawings for. To be seen. To be looked at. So they make an impression..." The young bender explained to him, while starting to apply only the very tip of her brush onto where his face would be. Her eyes rose once more from the look of her paper, just enough time to record the shape of his face in order to reproduce it perfectly, and then they went back down. "...Don't you want to know what they mean ?" She asked.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 11, 2012 12:53:54 GMT -6
izumi
Jul 12, 2012 20:26:40 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 12, 2012 20:26:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
{tag: Tenshio}

A gentle breeze sailed through the air outside of Central City Station and gingerly whipped the end of Izumi's lengthy french-braid over her shoulder. Taking the tail with her left hand she tossed it back over feeling it caress her back as it landed in it's original spot straight down her spine. Although her metal uniform provided protection from chi-blockers and most anything that was thrown her way, the young adult could somehow always feel her thick mahogany hair move against it.

Surveying her surroundings, Zumi made sure to keep a close eye on the civilians currently at the station. Her large green eyes almost hidden under her brown bangs were always attentive and constantly on the move when on duty. The quickest way to spot any kind of funny business was to simply remain on high alert and never become distracted by thoughts or feelings. Shaking her head ever so slightly she repositioned the hair on her forehead and continued to walk around keeping to herself while focused on the people of Republic City.

The station was quite a ways from headquarters, but the officer didn't mind. Most of the enjoyment she found in being a police officer stemmed from the fact that she had to know the city like the back of her hand. It gave her the opportunity to visit each and every end, and in short become intimately acquainted with it. Smirking at the thought of being intimately acquainted with a city, Zumi turned around the back corner of the station as she continued on her rounds.

As her metal shoes scrapped across the concrete ground she immediately stopped in her tracks. A couple of feet in front of her was a boy, a teenager she assumed, dressed in tattered clothes with a cap resting on his head. It wasn't what he was wearing however that caused the officer to halt, but what his hand seemed to be reaching for. Zumi's green eyes locked on his uncurling digits as they made their way toward a man's back pant's pocket. He's going for a wallet, her mind hissed.

It was a shame to see someone so young do something so foolish, but that was just a fact of life when it came to the city. Those who were poor did what they could to survive; even if it meant stealing. Teens normally turned to pickpocketing as it was the simplest from of robbery and the easiest to perform. Regardless of the circumstances he must have faced growing up, she still had a job to do and had to stop him from committing the crime.

Digging her heels into the ground she raced forward and parted her tan lips. "Freeze! Don't even think about it!" The second the words left her mouth she instinctively gritted her teeth and took in a large breath of air preparing for the inevitable. He's going to run.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 12, 2012 21:29:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 12, 2012 21:29:51 GMT -6

[tag: Izumi]

A wave of sound washed over him, the many voices of the many people at the station mixing together to form a pleasant murmur that spoke of life, friendship, and, most importantly, money. As the mass of humanity flowed around him, citizen and immigrant alike, the teen listened for the sound of jingling coins, the musical noise that identified potential victims. Unfortunately for him, the lack of nearby shops meant that the visitors to the station kept their money in their purses and not accessible for a pickpocket’s grubby fingers. No matter, he’d find someone eventually. He always did.

The young vagrant went with the current of bodies around him, letting them take him where they would. He knew from experience that adults were more likely to notice him if he was trying to push through them than if he was just moving alongside them. Of course, that was if they noticed him at all. Most just glanced at him before quickly looking away before their conscience could force them to feel pity for the poor little homeless kid. That was why he picked pockets; adults weren’t just going to give him their money out of kindness, so he was forced to liberate their coin from their evil clutches. Well, he had no problem with that. In fact, he was quite good at it.

Lately though, pickings had been slim. His stomach growled loudly at that thought, reminding him that his last meal had been two days ago and that he needed to find some source of food soon. Scowling, the teen adjusted his cap, moved some hair out of his eyes, and pushed on. He wouldn’t leave the station until he had some money in his pocket.

He just had to find the right pocket to pick. First of all, he had to find a loner. Groups were impossible, since someone would always notice his hand sneaking into a friend’s pocket. Well, that was an easy qualification to meet. The station was full of adults on their own, rushing to a train or from one or just strolling through the square. Next, he had to make sure that his victim wasn’t the paranoid type, which usually meant finding a newcomer to the city. Long-time residents knew the station’s reputation as a gathering spot for pickpockets, and so kept their hands on their purses and their eyes always moving, looking for threats. Immigrants were ignorant, though, and he could exploit that.

Finally, the boy spotted a good target. Just a few yards ahead of him was a tall man moving slowly through the square with his nose buried in a guide book for the city. And there, sticking out of his back pocket, was his wallet. Tenshio grinned. This would be almost too easy. He made his way forward, gently brushing past people in his way with muttered excuses. He’d learned that being polite made him more forgettable, reducing his chances of being recognized and caught. Soon enough he was just a couple steps behind the clueless man. His grin widening, Tenshio reached his hand out toward the man’s pocket.

"Freeze! Don't even think about it!"

Crap. The teen snatched his empty hand back and whirled around to see who had spoken, his eyes widening in fear when he caught sight of a uniform. Great, an actual cop. That would make things complicated. The pickpocket was fast, but he wasn’t sure he could outrun a cop. Well, nothing to it but to try. Turning his back to the policewoman once more, he took off, shoving complaining people out of his way in his haste to escape.

Breaking free of the mob, Tenshio kept running, then turned sharply, skidding into an alley. He burst out onto a crowded street and kept going, taking another turn, and then a third. He knew these streets. He could lose the cop. Even if she did catch him, he hadn’t actually stolen anything, so she couldn’t do anything to him. All this running was more out of habit than anything else. Soon enough he’d be out of danger and back to work.
izumi
Jul 13, 2012 11:58:34 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 13, 2012 11:58:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
{tag: Tenshio}

It was frustrating whenever Izumi found herself caught in a chase. Although the adrenaline coursing through her veins excited all of her senses, it drove the officer nuts when people couldn't just follow orders. It was one simple word, freeze. What is so hard about that, her mind nearly screamed.

The boy made off in a sudden dash through a throng of people, easily pushing through the crowd as if he had enough experience doing so. Regardless of the fact that he hadn't actually committed a crime, not having stolen the wallet, Zumi simply wanted to talk to him and issue a warning. If there was anything her large eyes were capable of, it was retaining vital information key to deciphering strangers; her mind then did the rest and remembered who these said individuals were. If the boy managed to get away she would at least remember most of his features. Perchance she would find him again some day in the future and maybe issue the warning then.

Keeping up behind him the agile woman easily weaved her way between people. The wonderful thing about wearing a metal uniform was that people moved out of your way, willingly. Her heart pumped frantically as she followed the boy while small beads of sweat crept down the back of her neck. Izumi knew she was in shape and that she'd be capable of catching up to him. This teen stood no chance.

Interestingly enough and not much to Zumi's surprise, the youth decided to veer every which way he could, dipping into alleys and moving through busy streets. In some way she was in awe of his speed and wit. He's definitely dealt with this before.

Then as if he'd managed to sneak away into an automobile, the metalbender could not see him. Crap. Her eyes scanned all around her, but it was obvious his small body managed to escape to some hidden corner. Alright, she huffed. Now this is serious. Raising her right arm the officer bent the metal wire from the spools on her back up into the sky where it meet a wire. Quickly it attached and she ascended into the air. Admittedly this was the coolest part of her job.

Looking down onto the streets below her vivid green eyes immediately locked onto a feature she had memorized when she first laid eyes on the boy. There's your cap, she sneered. Extending her left arm in the same fashion as before she switched directions midair and attached her metal cable to yet another wire. Flying over in his direction her bangs blew wildly in the wind and she could feel the weight of her braid as it followed suit behind her.

Releasing her hold on the wire after she descended a few feet the officer tucked in her legs and tumbled in the air before landing on the ground. Lifting her upper body slowly she turned her feet to face in the direction of the boy. Her head was the last to come up and once the youth was in her sight she adjusted her hat and smirked.

Rolling her shoulders back she reached her arm forward ever so slightly, keeping her eyes locked with his. "Don't even think about moving. Or else you're going to have to sit here tied in a cable." Her authoritative voice always appeared menacing, but she wasn't genuinely trying to scare him.

Had he listened in the first place this whole ordeal could have been over with ten minutes ago.
This user is a guest
Last edit by duvetdemot: Jul 13, 2012 11:59:26 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 12:52:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 12:52:50 GMT -6

This cop was good; she was keeping up with him pretty well. Had he not been the intended target, the teen might have allowed himself to be impressed. Most pursuers he attracted gave up soon after a chase started and they realized that they would be in for a lot of running if they planned to catch him. That led to the decision that it wasn’t worth the physical exertion, and he got away. This woman, though, she kept at it. Well, she was a cop. Chasing down criminals—even currently innocent ones—was kind of her job.

That didn’t mean that he had to make things easy for her, though. If she wanted to stop him, she’d have to work for it. The boy kept turning, weaving a difficult path to follow, making sure to keep as many obstacles in her path as he could. Eventually the cop would have to give up, and when she did he’d resume business as usual—making sure to avoid the station for a while, just in case.

Turning down yet another small alley, the pickpocket glanced behind him and was relieved to see no sign of his pursuer. He had lost her, at least for the moment. He didn’t stop just yet, though. He had to keep moving, just to fully make sure that he was home free. Still, the teen allowed himself a grin. He always got away, one way or another.

Then suddenly the cop was right in front of him. The boy came to a sudden stop, glaring at the uniformed adult in front of him. At first he had no idea how she could have gotten ahead of him, but then he looked up and noticed the wires running above the alley. “Cheater,” he muttered quietly. He knew cops could use their bending to ride around on those things. He should have been watching the skies. Well, it was no good now; he was caught. Still, he could get out of this, no problem.

The cop warned him about trying to escape, and he smiled despite his annoyance. At least she was giving him a choice; the last time he’d been caught stealing he’d ended up frozen to a wall by a Waterbender. But he had managed to come out of that situation unharmed and with money in his pocket. Maybe he’d have similar luck here.

Tapping his foot to display his impatience at this unfortunate delay, the teen met the cop’s gaze, his face expressionless. “Okay, I won’t bother trying to run away again,” he promised. “But what’s the big deal anyway, lady? It’s not like I actually stole anything. You already stopped me from doing that.” He paused as his stomach made itself heard again, reminding him that he still needed to provide it with sustenance. “So why don’t you just let me go so we can both get back to our separate lives?” And I can find another sucker to rob.
izumi
Jul 13, 2012 15:18:17 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 13, 2012 15:18:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
{tag: Tenshio}[/i]

Of all the things this vagabond could be doing he decided to impatiently tap his foot. It took every last bit of the officer's energy not to scold him for acting like such a child. He is a child, her subconscious curtly reminded her. She didn't want to admit it, but there was no way around the fact that this boy was indeed only still a child. Her eyes winced in pain for a brief second as her own inner child felt pity for him. The metalbender didn't have the most pleasant of upbringings around this boys age and for a moment her anger was placated.

“Okay, I won’t bother trying to run away again, but what’s the big deal anyway, lady? It’s not like I actually stole anything. You already stopped me from doing that.”

...and it was back. Izumi could tell this was going to be a trying experience, for the both of them.

"First off,"
her confident voice blazed "stop tapping your foot. You're acting like I've had you here for more than five minutes. If anything, I should be tapping my toes seeing as how you made me chase you down several blocks." Removing her arm from the offensive position she had kept it, she relaxed and moved closer to the youth. "Second, I am Officer Wei, and you shall refer to me as such." Zumi really hated snide remarks when it came to teenagers addressing her.

She waited for the boy to finish speaking before she decided to put in her two cents. There was no reason to try to argue with a teenager, they had to be right, even when they were wrong. Inhaling sharply she looked him in the eyes, which proved difficult with his hair obscuring them and all. "I understand that you did in fact not commit a crime," she paused "but it doesn't exempt you from the fact that you attempted to rob that man of his wallet. The big word here being attempted of course, sport." Shaking her head in an almost disappointing manner she continued. "I was simply going to give you a warning, but seeing as you decided to run and flee like a criminal, I'm deciding as to whether or not I should treat you like one."

Before the young woman could continue on her explanation a soft and hidden sound filled her ears. Was that...? It was; the boys stomach had growled. Instantly her large green eyes relaxed and she couldn't help but feel a tinge of remorse. He needs money for food. Biting on her lower lip the officer couldn't help how overwrought she felt. She knew what he had done wasn't right, but she was also human and could understand his reasoning for doing so.

Taking a few steps closer while still keeping an authoritative distance she continued. "Listen I understand this city is rough, but there are other ways about going about your life. I can see you're a good kid, stealing isn't meant for you, really." Intertwining her fingers as she looked for something else to say as an idea came to mind. "How about you and I go for a bite to eat really quick. I'll feel better knowing you're not on the streets committing crimes, and you must be hungry from all this running."

Truthfully she knew why he was hungry, but why kick the kid while he was down? Something about this felt like the right thing for her to do.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 15:53:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 15:53:31 GMT -6

He probably shouldn’t be messing with a woman who could easily carry out the threat of tying him up, but the teen couldn’t help himself. He wasn’t afraid of the cop, and wasn’t going to bother to pretend that he was. If that made her mad, well, that was her issue.

All the same, he did stop tapping his foot when asked, though not without a small smirk. The command to refer to the adult by her proper title got a rise out his eyebrows, but the boy himself didn’t really care that much. To him, the woman was nothing more than an obstacle, albeit a pretty big one. Why should he bother calling her Officer Wei when he was probably never going to see her again? He’d remember the name, and would avoid going near places where he heard it uttered, but had no plans to use it himself. “Lady” would do just fine for the few minutes of conversation he was forced to endure.

Wait a minute, did she just call him sport? So that was okay, but calling her “lady” was out of the question? Right, because that made sense. And now she was possibly going to arrest him just because he’d run away from her? That was hardly fair, and he said so. “Running’s a habit, lady,” he explained, grinning up at her. “You’re picking a pocket, you see a cop, you run. Any kid on the streets can tell you that. No point arresting me for something I didn’t do.”

As the growling of his stomach faded away, Tenshio noticed the change in the cop’s expression and scowled. There it was: the stupid look of pity that adults gave kids like him. That look was the whole reason he’d started stealing in the first place. Better to be looked upon with anger over stolen money than to feel like he was only there to make adults feel bad about their own lives. He’d almost prefer that this cop treat him like a criminal if it meant that she wouldn’t look at him the way she was right now.

The pickpocket couldn’t help but laugh when she said that he was a good kid. “Not to say that you’re wrong or anything like that—I’m a perfect kid, really—but you don’t know anything about me. Stealing gets me the money I need. It’s what I’m good at.”

If he’d thought the woman was strange before, her next sentence confirmed that completely. The teen gaped at her. “You serious, lady? First you talk about tying me up, and now you’re offering to take me out to lunch? You sure you’re really a cop?” Tenshio knew that it would be a good idea to accept the offer—this would meet his goal of getting food, after all—but pride, or perhaps just teenage stupidity, wouldn’t let him say so.
izumi
Jul 15, 2012 21:53:38 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 15, 2012 21:53:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Reflecting on what the youth had said the officer couldn't help but grit her teeth. "It's what I'm good at." Certainly if this boy put half as much effort into changing his life around as he did in stealing, Izumi was sure he'd find something he was even better at. There was no time to dote on his pessimism however, the earthbender's shock at his final statement made her realize this boy was one hardheaded individual.

Squinting her dark green eyes it was obvious that the atmosphere Zumi was now creating wouldn't be all that pleasant for mr. smart mouth. "Last I checked I was sure to have informed you that my name was Officer Wei. I don't care how smart you think you are but I am your superior and you will treat me with respect whether you like it or not." Her gloves were now off. No more nice cop.

Taking her hands she moved them starting from the top of her shoulders down to her waist, emphasizing the metal uniform she adorned on her athletic body. "If I'm not mistaken, and I'm almost positive that I'm not, it seems to me that I am in fact wearing a police uniform. So just in case you were doubting my profession have no fear. I am a cop." Izumi made sure to pop the final "p" just to phonetically emphasize her annoyance with this child. Giving the teenager a smug look she exhaled forcefully and opened her enormous eyes.

It was never too hard taking crap from adults, because in some respect Zumi placed them on a similar level with herself. Defiant teenagers however always seemed to drive her crazy. The young adult knew it was because her father had stressed how important it was to respect your elders throughout her upbringing. To watch others defy her father's stern rule made her in turn genuinely upset. Just breathe, her mind gently coaxed her.

Regardless of how irritated she felt, Zumi decided to attempt being civil with the boy once more. If he refused, well then she'd just have to leave and return to her duties. "Listen, I know it seems strange for me to be offering you food, but I did chase you even though I was never intending on arresting you. In some sort of a way I'm trying to redeem myself for being so brash." Crossing her arms the officer immediately switched back to her stern voice. "However, I am still disappointed with your decisions in life and refusing a free meal seems like something you'll soon regret in the future. So how about we just go and enjoy some good food, and then you can go back to your life of crime and I'll meet up with you again in the course of time."

Laughing in a belittling manner she couldn't help but add, "except that time I won't be nice and you'll find yourself behind bars."
This user is a guest
Last edit by duvetdemot: Jul 15, 2012 22:21:59 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 22:24:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 22:24:08 GMT -6

Apparently all you had to do to be a cop was wear the uniform and say you were one. If that was the case, maybe he should get some armor and star calling himself “Officer Kasora.” From the example this woman was setting, being a member of the police wasn’t all that special. And she seemed to have a weird sense of justice if she was offering to buy a criminal food. But hey, it wasn’t his job to rate her effectiveness at doing her job. Besides, he was too busy trying to figure out if she was joking around or not.

Well, he was pissing her off, so she probably wasn’t kidding. She really wanted to get him food. That was hilarious. And her explanation for the offer was stranger still. She was redeeming herself for chasing him? What did that even mean? It wasn’t like the running had inconvenienced him in any way. She’d already messed things up by telling him to freeze.

Then again, maybe that was all the reason he needed to accept her offer. He might not like the cop, but she had stopped him from acquiring the funds necessary to feed himself. In a strange, nonsensical way, he could say she owed him—not that she was likely to agree. The offer was a guaranteed way to get food in his stomach, which was better than his normal method. With pickpocketing there were no guarantees, as had been demonstrated when the unfortunately-timed intervention of Officer Wei had stopped him from robbing the perfect target. Perhaps his sense of self-preservation should take precedence over his pride.

But he really didn’t like this cop. She was disappointed in his life choices, after all. Who was she, his mother? And she was threatening to throw him in jail for the crime of attempting—unsuccessfully—to pick someone’s pockets. That was too harsh, and she had to know that. So she was just threatening him because he’d made her mad. A real shining example of justice, she was.

The teen wanted to make all these thoughts known, but he held his tongue and his stomach rumbled yet again. Food was needed, and the sooner the better. He could put up with an annoying personality if it came with the sustenance necessary to keep him alive. And like she said, after the meal he could get right back to his usual way of living. There was only the one downside.

“Fine, la—Officer Wei,” the vagrant corrected himself, locking eyes with the cop once again, his expression carefully neutral. “Let’s go eat. Don’t expect to see me after this, though. I’m staying away from you. I don’t spend a lot of my time around people who threaten to lock me up.” No, he hung out with other starving kids and the shady adults who roamed the slums of the city, much better company. At least they didn’t threaten to tie him up. That little warning still irked him. If things continued as they were, though, he might himself bound by day’s end.
izumi
Jul 17, 2012 21:44:46 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 17, 2012 21:44:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

The teen's blank and neutral stare had a facile way of irking Izumi. The young woman didn't know why exactly, but his entire disposition was entirely off-putting. She didn't care how strange all of this seemed, she was simply trying to be a good person by keeping this kid off of the streets and fed. Yes, it was odd that she was helping someone who was seconds away from breaking the law, but he was a kid. A small part of her wanted to believe he didn't know any better and that by doing this he would change his obvious hatred of republic city law enforcement.

"I sure hope I'll never have to see you again in these circumstances as well. And it wasn't a threat, just a plain thought. Try not to be so sensitive."
There was honestly no point in trying to be passive aggressive with him. The boy was a smart mouth, and certainly the officer could play at that game. Waving her hand forward she motioned for the vagrant to follow her. "Come with me."

Turning her heels Zumi walked swiftly out of the alley and into the sunlight. It was surprising how much shade the surrounding buildings could create. Whirling her head around briefly to make sure the boy was right behind her she set out down the street.

Keeping her eyes peeled ahead, but her ears focused intently behind her, she maneuvered between the sidewalks bustling with activity. Vendors of every kind pushed each of their wares in front of curious customers, but steered clear whenever Izumi passed by. The officer was used to it, having patrolled the streets for a few years now. Her uniform was all it took to keep people at bay. It's really annoying, her mind privately revealed.

It wasn't too long before the mahogany haired girl reached her anticipated destination. Above her was a sign that read "Wei Too Many Sweets" with storefront windows displaying assorted sweets of all sorts. It was just one of the few bakery's her family owned all over the city. Facing back around to the boy she held open the shop door and beckoned him to enter.

"Don't be scared now. The cakes don't bite."
She couldn't help but smirk.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 18, 2012 11:20:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 18, 2012 11:20:33 GMT -6

Oh, he was being too sensitive? Really? Funny, he would think that anyone in his position would think they were being threatened by a laughing cop who spoke of putting them in jail. But no, apparently he was misinterpreting a “plain thought,” whatever that meant. Why had he agreed to go anywhere with this woman?

Oh yeah, she’d be getting him food. Maybe she’d eat as well, and then she wouldn’t be able to talk to him. That would be nice, since just about every word out of her mouth had annoyed him. He didn’t think he’d ever met someone who got on his nerves so consistently, except maybe his dad. Speaking of that…Tenshio hoped that this outing wouldn’t turn into some kind of half-hearted attempt to “fix” his life and get him off the streets. Plenty of adults had tried that before, and he figured that if anyone was likely to try it was a police officer. Well, if things started going down that road he’d just take his food and leave. The teen was not in the mood for a heart-to-heart.

The pickpocket fell into step behind the cop as ordered, keeping some distance between them but staying close nonetheless. When the woman turned back to make sure he was following, the boy gave a small wave to indicate that he hadn’t run off yet. Satisfied, Officer Wei resumed their journey, Tenshio keeping behind her, following at a leisurely pace. As they walked the teen kept his eyes moving, searching for prospective targets once he was alone again. Every crowd was a business opportunity, and it would be a shame to let one go to waste just because he couldn’t act on it at the moment. Unfortunately, he couldn’t find any good-looking victims since everyone kept moving away from the woman in uniform. Annoying. No big deal, though. He’d be back, and then the fun could begin.

Soon enough the two reached a bakery with a name that made the vagrant cringe. He glanced at his new acquaintance, wondering if the building’s name bore any relationship to her own, but didn’t ask. He didn’t really care as long as the place was full of food.

He entered, and it was. The teen didn’t even hear the cop’s little quip, his eyes were so focused on what was in front of him. The shop wasn’t that big, but it held a deceptively large amount of food. Stretching practically from one wall to the other across the building were glass cases holding all kinds of cakes and pastries, and there were shelves attached to the walls holding even more. The smell of freshly-baked bread filled the shop and made the whole place feel warm and inviting. The pickpocket froze, his eyes wide, staring at more food in one place than he’d ever seen.

“Whoa.”
izumi
Jul 18, 2012 22:09:02 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 18, 2012 22:09:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

It was an indescribable moment when the officer laid eyes on the boy's face. She knew it was a brisk moment, but she wanted to hold onto it for as long as she could. His wide eyes were filled with wonder as he stared into the shop. For the first time Izumi could see that they were blue, and a very nice shade of blue at that. His face was slightly freckled and for once he didn't wear a neutral expression. This is the kid I want to see.

The affirmation of his surprise was apparent in his comment and Izumi secretly smiled as she stepped into the shop right behind him. Gazing around her large green orbs scanned the shop and assorted sweets. It was quaint in comparison to the one she lived above near city hall, but proved to be one of her favorites within the city.

Moving toward the counter she pressed the minute silver bell by the register with her tan finger and awaited the appearance of the shopkeeper. The sound of the bell permeated throughout the entire shop and had a musical quality to it. Always so soothing. All too soon a woman dressed in a pale pink tunic appeared from behind the back door and smiled once she laid eyes on the officer.

"Izumi!"-great, now the teen would know her full name-. "My it's been some time darling." Her squeaky voice was sure to annoy the teenager, but Izumi couldn't help but grin.

"Naomi. It's great to see you. And yes, I must say it's been quite a while." Of all the shopkeepers her family had employed, Naomi was definitely Zumi's favorite.

"What can I do for you dear?"
As always she was quick and to the point. Whenever Zumi was on duty Naomi knew better than to waste time; even when it came to feeding her.

Turning her head the young woman nodded for the boy to come forward and waited till he was by her side. "I have someone here who would like something to eat. I'll let him chose for himself, and do give him whatever he'd like."

Watching Naomi intently it was nice to see the older woman smile at the boy. She wasn't judgmental and just about dealt with every and any kind of customer the city could dish out for her. "Of course. What would you like?"

Walking to a table Izumi gave the pickpocket space to place his order in peace. Hopefully he'd pick something delicious, but she wasn't too worried. Everything here was impeccable.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 19, 2012 1:34:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2012 1:34:38 GMT -6

tag: Izumi

The problem here was really that there was too much to look at. The teen kept his eyes moving, but they always managed to land on something new. And everything he saw, he wanted. True to form, a small part of his mind was directing his hands to grab all he could and run out of the place before the cop could do anything about it, but he knew that was a stupid idea. The adult was going to buy him what he wanted; for once, stealing was completely unnecessary. That was new and strange.

Tenshio watched as Officer Wei made her way over to the counter and rang a small bell, sending a chime through the small building and summoning a woman dressed in a tunic that was an alarming shade of pink. The latter greeted the former, revealing the policewoman’s first name. Now the boy knew the cop’s full name, but she didn’t know his at all. Not that it mattered. It wasn’t like, should he get caught again and brought to the police station, he’d ask for this woman by name. More than likely she’d be the one who had arrested him in the first. Still, he might want to give her his name at some point just to stop her from calling him “kid” for the entirety of their time together. That would be irritating.

Izumi told the shop owner to give him whatever he wanted. Sweeter words had never reached his ears. “Whatever he’d like,” she’d said. That was not something he was used to. Usually he had just enough money to buy something cheap like a bit of fruit, but now he had the opportunity to get anything—everything—he wanted. That was ridiculous and wonderful at the same time.

The teen moved forward as the cop moved back to a table, his eyes alternating between Naomi and the display cases sitting in front of her. She asked what he wanted, and the first word out of his mouth was “Uh…” What did he want, besides everything? There were at least ten different items that called out to him, but could he really ask for all of them? According to one of the only lessons his father had taught him, that would be greedy, and was therefore inappropriate. He hadn’t seen the man in five years, but somehow the old bastard still had some influence over his son. So the pickpocket asked for only two items, a bun and a small chocolate cake. Naomi handed him the food with a smile, and with muttered thanks Tenshio retreated to meet Izumi at the table she’d picked out.

He sat across from the cop and began to eat, but after the first couple of bites was reduced to merely picking at the bun rather than devouring it as intended. He had started thinking of his father, and now he couldn’t stop. He hated the guy, no question about that, but found himself wondering what the man was doing now that he was all alone in his home. As often happened when he thought of his dad, Tenshio speculated what life might have been like if his mother had lived to raise him. He stopped that line of thinking pretty quickly—it would only depress him—but it still left him in a not-great mood and the bun he’d been picking at in tiny uneaten pieces. Things had certainly taken a downward turn.
duvetdemot
Jul 19, 2012 2:41:25 GMT -6

Post by duvetdemot on Jul 19, 2012 2:41:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
[tag: Lykka]

Masking his thoughts for the portrait proved more difficult than Bataar had originally believed. The act of "being himself" had now become a chore before this painted woman and he feared that his unease was beginning to show. Bataar felt forced into existence, as if his struggle to stay "as he should be" had begun to inhibit who he was... What was it this woman had done to him in these fleeting moments? There was a long road to be walked and Bataar had only taken one step before hitting a road block. He'd only just walked off of the train before he'd been assaulted by the city and coerced into what appeared to be a fruitless effort. Would she even help him? It was Bataar's hope that she would... Her golden eyes appeared genuine enough.

Switching focus constantly, Bataar's eyes could not help but return to this woman's face. Despite the painting adorning it, he was able to admire her features and even let out a passing smile. She was more alluring than what he'd originally perceived: her face was soft and gentle, her lips pursed in concentration while her glances flitted across the page before her and traced the contours lining her imagination. A drop within his chest signaled a loss to Bataar, though he could not place what it was. All at once an aching emanated from his abdomen and caused his head to spin within its images yet be still in the world. His first thought was the air: unclean air was causing his body to betray him. But with a resounding intensity, his chest and neck warmed, overtaking his rational thoughts. Something was different in himself... Something new.

This woman... As she poured over her work, investing every moment of concentration into the perfection of the artwork before her, Bataar drew closer to her in his thoughts. His body, still as a statue - save for his eyes - and his mind awash with strange colors and sensations. This woman, different and wonderfully strange, had captured his attention, curiosity, and fears. Why would she want to draw him? How must he seem to her? Was he a traveler from a forgotten land or a detestable section of earth? Perhaps he was merely a passing curiosity - a subject encountered only once in a lifetime and studied for its spectacular strangeness. Bataar cringed noticeably, his brow furrowing in frustrated reflection. It was a number of moments before he realized how his face had betrayed him, though he took swift action to force it into a stalwart stare at the horizon.

A warmth flushed his neck and cheeks. His stomach dropped. A shadow invaded his mind and pushed Bataar's logic out of prevalence, leaving his mind muddied. What was this? A curse? Thoughts weaved among one another, forcing conclusions and connections to be made and others to be lost among the expanding tapestry of an unknown pattern. Bataar found himself lost within his own mind, a fact which was causing him to fight against himself, heating his doubts to their boiling point. His emotions threatened to bubble over their well-kempt container.

"I was born in Ba Sing Se."

Relief found Bataar in the center of a blazing bed of doubt, dousing his uncertainties. Her accent was soothing with its intricate lilts and turns, captivating Bataar with an array beautifully arranged pitches. Ba Sing Se... She was born in Ba Sing Se. Bataar could not help but smile. It was a sign of emotion without reason: she had spoken and Bataar could not help but to be contented by her voice.

"But I've moved to the United Republic many years ago."

The silence laid itself thick upon the open air as she turned her tawny eyes downward, studying her brush and paper. A lack of sound assaulted Bataar's ears and caused him to panic at the vacuum now present around him. In reality, the cityscape was abuzz with roaring activity; however, Bataar found himself unable to process any noises save for the lyric tones of the fascinating artist's voice. Mouth dry and mind blank, Bataar found his words had run out. Lips pursed, he felt the void of words smothering him...

"I don't mind you looking at me. That's exactly what I'm showing the drawings for. To be seen. To be looked at. So they make an impression..."

A glance upwards from her eyes, gleaming in the sunlight... Or perhaps with their own light? They appeared more lustrous than they had upon his first notice of them. Though no matter how vivid her eyes, Bataar found his heart vying to escape from his chest at her words. She had noticed his eyes flitting from place to place, taking note of her reactions and the subtle movements of her brush. How could she be glad of Bataar's glances? The concept of her body of a canvas was - of course - a logical step, but Bataar could not accept that this increasingly alluring artist could find his ability to view her art of any consequence.

"...Don't you want to know what they mean ?"

Bataar wanted to know everything. With the loss of his words and a maze erected in his mind, all that was left was for Bataar to learn all that he could about this woman. In only minutes from his arrival in the grandiose Republic City, this artist had become the most fascinating sight around...

She was waiting for a response. Of course she was waiting for a response! She'd asked a question and Bataar was expected to answer it. In a panic, he cleared his throat a bit too quickly, the end result being louder than he'd anticipated. To Bataar's voice-tuned ears, the sound erupted as a deafening roar, leaving him to flush with warmth once again.

"Y-yes. Of course! What do they mean? My name is Bataar, by the way."

The world froze. The engines ceased their roaring, the birds their singing, and the citizens of this steel and stone crypt went silent. Had he just introduced himself to this woman who was far more enthralling than he? She'd asked for an elementary answer: positive or negative. And Bataar had dropped unnecessary words among her request reply just as his heart had plummeted into the depths of his abdomen, bearing down on any semblance of self-control or self-respect he might have held second before.

What is wrong with me?
This user is a guest
Last edit by duvetdemot: Jul 19, 2012 3:45:07 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2012 16:32:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2012 16:32:05 GMT -6

The young artist's hand was going slowly, and softly. She was spinning the brush with her fingers, focusing on the integrity of the lines she was drawing with her Earthbending, and correcting any mistakes in linearity or density. The colors had a tendency to lose their binding to the ink when applying them to paper for her drawings, it had something to do with the way she made them... Luckily enough, this was not proving to be too much of a challenge to use, and even if it had, she was in too much of an interested state to let it bother her more than dark clouds over the city during winter season would...something she would barely mind, or even notice.

The hue of his face, his Desert life and ancestry had left him with a very peculiar heritage, but it made it easier for her to draw correctly. Especially since she seemed to have found an overwhelming amount of curiosity in the features of his face, they were a new experience for her in an artistic sense. Although there were similarities with many people she had already drawn before, since he was still human, none had even displayed such... odd attractiveness. She was finding it a lot more fun to draw his face, and she was paying a lot more attention to the level of detail she granted this piece. Her golden eyes glanced up at him once more, taking into consideration the fact that he was looking at her, and that there was this brightness in them.

...She found herself staring at his eyes a bit longer than she had intended, perhaps because of the moment of silence that had followed her question. It wasn't something she could blame him for, the question she had asked was sort of a manipulation on her part to satisfy her own selfish desire. The silence was a sign that it had had the intended purpose... That is, unless he refused to know the meaning. She hadn't thought about that, what if he was just thinking about what a weirdo she looked like and was planning on running away ? It would be so horrible if he did, she was only halfway through her drawing.

But he agreed. He said yes, with some embarassement in his voice, and even introduced himself. She looked back at her paper with an eyebrow raised from the surprise introduction. It was making her feel a bit guilty, to be playing this man for the sake of her artwork, making him go around as if he was the ink she was using to draw. "I'm Kim Cuong. No last name." The young woman introduced herself back. She found it nevessary to clarify, because she could already tell he would have called her 'Miss Cuong'.

When she lifted her head up again, the face on the drawing was only missing the eyes, and perhaps more volume to the ears. Regardless, she put the paper aside, along with the brush, and traced the lines on one of her limbs with her fingers. "These are the signs of the life that inhabits me. It is flowing throughout my body, and all converging towards, as well as taking source from, the moon. A symbol of purity, of light as opposed to darkness." She began explaining.

Cautiously and innocently, she turned around a little and moved her hands towards the upper part of her shirt, starting to pull it down a little. It would have been embarassing for any other woman, but aside from not minding nudity, Kim only intended to reveal the dragon in its entirety. "The dragon is what keeps my spirit up. It makes me feel lighter than air, unburdened... And it embodies my burning passion." The artist continued on, eventually covering herself again. Sitting back down, she lifted the bottom of her shirt to show the badgermole that was drawn around her navel. "This is my balance. It keeps me fair and respectful, grounds me to prevent any... excess. That I may last and endure."

Once the show was over, she picked up her paper and brush again, blowing on that latter to remove the rest of the ink. "...It also honors the members of my family, and the fact that we have managed to embrace the world."
izumi
Jul 23, 2012 9:22:29 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 23, 2012 9:22:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
{tag: Tenshio}[/i] OOC: Sorry for the wait!

Although faint and almost muted, Izumi was able to clearly hear the "thanks" the boy had offered Naomi. She certainly didn't expect it, but was pleased to know that despite his aggravation the pickpocket could still manage to act polite. Oh please, her mind chided, that was undoubtedly forced. Regardless of her own skepticism, Zumi still appreciated it nonetheless.

Appraising the sweets he carried back to the table with her enormous dark green eyes, the officer kindly smirked at the choices. Mmm warm bun and chocolate. Knowing entirely well that she would have probably asked for the same amount of food, it was startling that he didn't implore for more. Deciding he wanted to take a slow pace with the sweets the young woman watched in silence as he ate.

It was almost fascinating to realize how simple reading body language was for the experienced officer. All too soon the mood surrounding the two of them switched and Izumi wasn't entirely sure why. Certainly the teenager had to be enjoying the food despite the current circumstances. Baked goods always had a way of directing the officer's attention away from most everything, so shouldn't it work like that for others?

Shifting in her chair while trying to avoid the uneasiness radiating off of the kid, the young adult attempted to see what she could do to open him up. "Is there something wrong with the food?" Even if that weren't the case Izumi figured it would help ease some of the boy's thoughts into a conversation.

Keeping her eyes attentively on him she added, "would you like another bun uh..." It was hard to address him when she still didn't even know his name. Smiling tightly she coughed to clear her throat. "Yeah, I'm sort of at a disadvantage here with your name. Unless you want me to call you sport again." The memory of the alley already seemed so forgone into the past.
This user is a guest