The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Republic City Park

jin
May 28, 2012 14:05:39 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 28, 2012 14:05:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jin was taken aback for a moment when her hand clasped the inside of his elbow. His body almost completely stiffened out besides his legs, which only moved enough to keep his body moving. Jin couldn't help it as his body was nearly set aflame. He took in a deep, long breath before letting it slowly, and silently release from his lips. His body loosened up and he walked with the woman. After he had finally calmed down, he was able to completely appreciate what was happening. This day had been great and not only for Jin, but for his future. He found a probending teammate, and they were both eager to play. He was also not only talking to someone, but a woman of beauty. He didn't work well with others, let alone women even with his unwavering appreciation for them. Couple that with the softness of her hand, and this made Jin a very happy person.

Then she took him up on his offer, and the two started discussing their past. She was born on the ocean? How fitting... The thought came right to mind. Her particular speech patterns still confused Jin a bit, but he got the gist of it all. Even still, he listened intently. So she had a brother. Is he a bender? He wondered, and if he was was he another waterbender or was he a bender of another element. Jin didn't think long on it as she spoke of Probending. She really wanted to be a probender early. Jin didn't want to be a probender until just a few years ago. He nodded with his heard staring up as shade enveloped the two of them. He smiled back down at her, and then finally chimed in. "Pro-bending intrigued me when I was fifteen. The idea of working with people, well...it's nice." His smile was still written on his face. He was doing a lot more smiling around Ash. He couldn't help it, it was a strange feeling. He felt happy, or at least content, more so than he's been in a long time.

"You won't believe this, I'm sure..." He started, his eyes shifting from side to side before looking back at her. "I don't do too well with people..." As the obvious, poor attempt for a joke leaked out from his unsure lips He gave a soft, short laugh before coughing and straightening himself out again. The two of them had already left the shade, now over top of one of the bridges that connected the small piece of land as they were divided by water. Jin turned to face the lake, a small family of turtle-ducks swimming out led by their mother. Soft, and kind eyes stared toward the slowly rushing water, Jin speaking up once more. "I'm still getting used to talking to people besides my mother and father." The words came out almost inaudible before turning around, his back now touching the rail as he leaned against it. A soft, short breeze coming over the park.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: May 28, 2012 14:06:54 GMT -6
kgal
May 28, 2012 14:52:09 GMT -6

Post by kgal on May 28, 2012 14:52:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
He froze when she touched him, and for a moment she thought he was going to bolt like a frightened fish. But when he relaxed and when with her, she smiled up at him. He seemed extremely happy, something that brought Sashu joy. For all the flirtation and teasing she dealt out, it was the smiles that she wanted in the end, not a body or a person. As odd as it sounded given her "heartbreaking" reputation, she actually enjoyed making people happy. Weird, she knew...

But he listened to her patiently, and when the shade ended, she saw him nodding and smiling back at her. "Pro-bending intrigued me when I was fifteen," and Sashu's mind calculated that he was probably two or three years her younger, "The idea of working with people, well... It's nice." The words were surprising for the withdrawn sort of man. He wasn't doing it now, of course, but he'd been hunching his shoulders before she called out to him, and even still as he'd walked closer. Not exactly acting gregarious.

He made a show of glancing from side to side, as if telling a dire secret. "You won't believe this, I'm sure... I don't do too well with people..." His shy little laugh was dwarfed by her own outburst. Her laughter rang out into the clear sky, and she held her stomach with her free hand. "And here I was thinking you were some kinda social seagull. You're a funny guy, Jin," she said, still tittering. He led her over a bridge and stopped to gaze out at the ducks.

Unable to contain her smile, she released him and took her place to his left, elbows supporting her as she leaned against the rail. It was very peaceful. A breeze graced her face, making her sigh quietly, and there was a quarking of the turtle-ducks below. The mother was followed by the cute little duckling, with their little yellow faces and tiny shells. "I'm still getting used to talking to people besides my mother and father." The voice was so soft and so unexpected, that Sashu looked up to see him turning around to lean his back against the rail. His big elbow was pretty close to her, and she could see how strong his muscles were. Shockingly strong for a man who acted like he avoided violence.

Still, she gave him a kind smirk and, though her chin was shrugged between her shoulders, she looked up through her eyelashes at him. "And me, of course," she teased. "You don't seem to have a problem talking to me, much." She imagined the pair of them practicing at the Arena, her strong and him strong, trading mindless banter as quickly as they traded blows of fire and water. It made her wonder - did he have the same image? She glanced up at

"I have to admit, I thought you were going to run when I got too close to you, Jin. But you didn't." Sashu realized that probably came totally out of the big blue. She rapidly made up for it. "If you had met my Mother though, she'd probably send you screaming. If you thought I was chatty... Let's just say I get my mouth from her," she ended with a giggle. A hand reached up for a moment to brush away her hair again.
This user is a guest
jin
May 28, 2012 16:17:40 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 28, 2012 16:17:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Her laughter brought a smile once more to his face. A social seagull, huh? Weird name for a creature, but he shrugged and started to laugh with her. "Well I hope I don't disappoint from now on. Got to keep up with my reputation." It was strange to hear that from this young man. Reputation, laughter, smiling? It was all so foreign to him, and yet it seemed all the more natural. He wanted to work on his shy, compulsive nature even more now. If he didn't have motivation before, looking in toward the woman, he did now. As a few people passed by, Jin seemed to almost recline back into himself. There weren't many people, about two or three, but they looked at him and he felt nothing but judgment.

They passed and Jin caught what she had said. "And me, of course" He chuckled and nodded. "It certainly seems that way doesn't it? It must just be something about you..." Something else crossed his mind. The two of them working together brought a smile to his face, but what if the other member wasn't as friendly. What if he or she, was actually much worse, more pushy than her, and then Jin retracted even further? The thought was horrifying but he pushed it away. He couldn't think like that, surely there would be someone just like them. Open minded, kind, even if a little sarcastic. This thought was a much better one.

Her voice graced his ears once more, and she joked about how she thought he'd run. He shook his head running his hand down the rail of the bridge, the solid concrete felt different. Much rougher than her soft skin that had touched his arm. He looked toward the sky and spoke up. "To be honest. I think I may have, or stayed in that spot without moving had it been anyone else." He laughed when she joked about her mother, and where she got her mouth. He looked back down at her, once more letting his voice dance across his lips. "but, it's just something about you. You were inviting, but not pushy. I think that made me stay put, without...staying....put? If that makes any sense at all..." It didn't to him. And look, he was repeating himself.

Setting his hands back into his jacket pockets the words that followed were just like him. "If you met my mother, or my father, or hell, even my brother, you would swear they switched me out with someone else." He said, laughing gently. "My parents are both such sociable people. If not for my mothers eyes, I'd certainly believe it." Jin always swore that was the only thing they shared but he was never good at catching the subtleties between them. They were both inherently angry if pushed to far, like any firebender, but they were also both very trusting. Thinking of his mother brought another smile to his normally gloomy features; this was beginning to become a very nice habit for him.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: May 28, 2012 16:20:12 GMT -6
kgal
May 28, 2012 17:27:27 GMT -6

Post by kgal on May 28, 2012 17:27:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It was a little weird to hear Jin joke and laugh, then recoil at the sight of people passing. All the talk (and thought) about reputations... It was sobering. She nodded and smiled at his comment, but her gaze was caught by the water. Heartbreaker. Tease. Slut. Words Sashu knew she deserved. Her label, her mark. It would be a hard one to break. The worst part was that she wouldn't if she stayed herself. Maybe Jin's joke was was a hint into his mind. Not that Sashu would mind being known as "sociable" as opposed to "promiscuous".

No... The worst part was that she wasn't. Sashu was a joker, a jester, not a woman of the dark. His chuckle brought her back, and she smiled up at him. "It certainly seems that way, doesn't it? It might just be something about you..." The blatant - flirtation, was it? - caused her to scoff in surprise, as a smile tugged at her lips. She turned to face him, leaning the weight of her upper body onto only one elbow and setting her head on her hand.

"Well, obviously it's my amazing style," she said, gesturing grandly from her dark sleeveless top all the way down to her slightly lighter pants and shoes. Nothing spectacular whatsoever, unless you counted the shape of her curve, lithe as she leaned against the rail. "Us waterbenders are actually quite famous for our fashion statements." She winked, giving a smile.

The faint smell of something burnt - really, ever so faint - reached her. Tobacco? That reminded her... But she paid patient attention to Jin, letting him speak before causing any interruptions. Another compliment, she noticed. She usually didn't blush at those sorts of things, but it put a smile on her face anyway. "But it's just something about you," he repeated. This time it was different, though. Less of a joke. "You were inviting, but not pushy. I think that made me stay put, without... staying... put?"

His timidity and the mumbling afterward made her giggle. "Jin, you dog." She playfully "slapped" - a light brush, truly - his arm, feigning offense. "Look at you being all nice to me. That's so nice of you." He put his hands in his pockets, contemplative, and spoke to her about his family. Apparently, he was the oddball out. But he did have a brother, he said...

"Huh. How old is he? Your brother. My Koroku will be 19 in a few months. He's the one that gave me that nickname." She nodded mildly and reached into her pocket. The interior was warm, and while the cigarette was a little bent, it hadn't been squished or soaked or anything. She smoothed it out and set the filter-end between her rouged lips. There was this tea shop that sold flavored packs of cigarettes, for an extra yuan or two. Sashu had been happy to pay the price for a taste of vanilla in the smoke.

"Wanna light me up, big boy?" she asked coyly around the cigarette. The barely-sweet scent was already reaching her nose. She leaned her head towards him a bit. Sure she had matches, but... This was so much cooler! She'd never had a firebender light her up before! "If you don't mind, of course." She'd give him a choice, but a vanilla cigarette sounded so good right now...
This user is a guest
jin
May 28, 2012 18:08:39 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 28, 2012 18:08:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Something was off, and different with Ash. Jin noticed, even for such a brief moment, she had one silent. He was a master at staying quite, being the outcast in any group. He was closer to silence than his parents were together. He knew it like the back of his hand, and he also knew that something was on her mind. Not necessarily something bad, just something. He also understands the need for the silence, but even still, her smile had returned, and she was back to her playful personality. Something that drew him in from the beginning of this little escapade. Then turning to face him, Jin almost felt obligated to do the same. He removed his hands, turned his body, and locked one hand over the other while his elbow held his body up. Even with how comfortable he was with her, he couldn't help but move something. His foot tapped rapidly without pause. He didn't notice the movement, and he didn't mind it all the same.

A small chuckle escaped his lips when she gestured for him to look over her style. He noted the waterbender origin, and smiled at it. He also noted how her body curved wonderfully, complimented not only by her waist, or her hips but how her frame was fit, but not completely and utterly devoid of substance. Jin wouldn't place any more emphasis on this than she did on his own structure even if she did note how much taller he was compared to the majority of this entire city. As she finished Jin finally spoke, his shoulders shrugging a bit with one hand pointing at her clothing. "Well you certainly have your own style, that's for sure." He joked, but her completely meant it. It was her own, just like his style, albeit a little dated, was his own. "At least your clothes compliments you, mine just further distance me from the people of this city. I mean....a brown jacket, really?" He joked once more, only laughing cautiously at it before stopping.

Through all of the laughter He heard her call him a dog, and playfully slap his arm. He couldn't help but chuckle. "I'm a nice guy, I can't help it." He joked, and then She noted his brother in his little story. He should have guessed that much. He shrugged before sighing, "He's going to be....Twenty-three soon. Haven't seen him in about four years now." The thought made Jin wonder just what his brother was doing. Was he safe, was he doing well, and all at the same time he didn't care. He only wondered, but part of him wasn't worried. Even if Jin avoids hate, and violence, that doesn't take it away from who he is or what he's done. He very nearly clenched his fist into a tight ball before she interjected his thoughts. This time, she had a cigarette between her lips. He'd never tell her, but he wasn't a huge fan of the stuff. He's also never tried it himself. The idea of pulling smoke through his mouth, and down into his lungs never really seemed that please to him.

That was all besides the point, and he nodded. "I suppose I could help you out, but you owe me, deal?" He joked, and then right afterward he straightened his body out, lifted one hand open palm under the cigarette and in an instant a fire was produced. He rise the fire, and then shrunk it for a moment before he had it at just the right size under the object, the tip catching as the tobacco lit. You could hear the fire dance, but only for a moment before he put it out. He smiled, clenching his hand gently. "Here's another insider tip to almost all firebenders..." He said, before going back into the position he sat before. "Fire normally calms us down. If we're nervous, angry, upset, or even flustered, a fire can calm us down." He actually didn't know if that was true for all firebenders, but he certainly believed it were true.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: May 28, 2012 18:09:15 GMT -6
kgal
May 28, 2012 20:29:30 GMT -6

Post by kgal on May 28, 2012 20:29:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
When Jin turned, she noticed that, despite his easy smile, he seemed anxious or impatient. How? His foot jiggled slightly, continuously. She didn't look, but the movement was in the edge of her view and kind of distracting. Sashu couldn't be sure she wasn't just taking up his time... But he seemed happy enough. And now the two faced, less than an arm's length apart. "At least your clothes compliment you," he said with a chuckle. "Mine just further distances me from the people of this city."

He made to laugh, kidding around about his jacket, but Sashu didn't find a problem with it. She didn't get it - did he mean he could blend in more easily to vanish, or stick out as some "outsider" or whatever? His clothes weren't that bad... After replying to her, in jest again (was he copying her or what? she thought, only half-serious), he answered her question about his brother. "He's going to be... Twenty-three soon." She was about to nod him on, but he continued. "Haven't seen him in about four years now."

She wondered if she should be sympathetic. Her brow furrowed for a moment. Was that good or bad? She didn't want to apologize, in case they weren't close... But if they were, it would be weird to not say anything... He didn't seem pleased talking about him. Sashu went with the former reaction, nodding passively. No need to stoke the fire. Thankfully, he chose to light her cigarette, and joked, "I suppose I could help you out, but you owe me, deal?"

She smiled as best she could with the cigarette in her lips. "Deal. Lemme know if you need me to wash your feet or whatever." And then his hand grew close, palm open and up, a small flame flickering to life. It waved a bit in the breeze, and then it was a proper size to not burn her entire face off. Sashu steadied the cigarette between her first two fingers, and drew some life into the end. And then his hand curled, passing close to her skin, and then warmth went. She swallowed the smoke and let it disperse into the breeze through her nose. It truly was a delicious taste. She hadn't chosen poorly.

As he spoke, she took another long drag, holding it deep in her lungs. "Here's another insider tip to almost all firebenders..." he mused. "Fire normally calms us down." Sashu smiled and puffed the smoke away from his face. "Same for waterbenders, and the ocean."

She tilted her head, resting her cheek on her shoulder and letting her hand rest near his as she gazed over the stream. "Have you ever gone out to the seashore and just watched? Watched the sun and the moon sway the waters?" She took in some more smoke and closed her eyes, remembering. A beautiful summer sunset, the great orb in the sky sinking into the ocean, sending ripples of golden orange over the waves. The cry of gulls and the way they wheeled about over the hushing waters, soaring and swooping as if trying to mimic the waterbenders.

But she opened her eyes and looked up at him. The deep gray optics gleamed. "Fire can look like the the dance of a waterbender, too. The way it rolls and curls in on itself and shifts." She didn't want him to think she was belittling his element. In fact, she was complimenting it. "But yes, water calms me." Usually, at least.
This user is a guest
jin
May 28, 2012 23:23:03 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 28, 2012 23:23:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It seemed to be hit or miss with Jin when it came to jokes, or maybe she was just being nice. But if we entertain the former, and Jin really did need to work on his misses. She seemed unfazed by it, and it almost seemed like she was more passive than usual. He didn't make a huge deal out of it, but he didn't want to downplay the situation either. The silence in which the young man normally took such solace was his own worst enemy at this point. He shifted his weight and stood once more as he stopped his foot and now instead placed his left hand inside of his pocket. His right hand stayed where he had left it. He could fiddle with his fingers inside, and think about his next move here. That was until she joked along with him. Finally He joked to himself.

"Alright, I'll hold you to that." He wouldn't actually hold her to washing his feet. But it wouldn't hurt if he lost a bet with her at some point or another. Jin just saw the two of them becoming better friends, and the adventures to be had. This time it wasn't including a very likely, and potential angry earthbender that not only disliked Jin, but wanted him dead. No, this time it was just the two of them watching a fire in the middle of the park. It was dark, but the fire lit the entire park up with it's flickers, and filled it with the sounds of the fire crackling. The night would be filled with jokes, and laughter. Jin's idea of the night was soon cut short however with her voice — which wasn't a bad interruption by any stretch.

So, waterbenders had their little quirks about them, both good and bad. Anger wasn't beyond them, but neither was a quick fix like Jin's fire. Then she posed another question, and Jin shook his head just before noting how close her hand was. He didn't let it cloud his train of thought. Keep on topic and his head out of the clouds. That's all he needed to tell himself. "Can't say I have, but it sounds like a good time. Anything calming, or relaxing is on my list of things to do." And then his little vision was rewritten just enough to incorporate the ocean. The fire would still flicker, strong and bright as it lit up the night sky but instead of the park, it instead had the calming clashes of the waves in the background. Wait this is sounding an awful lot like... Jin cut his thoughts short as his face no longer seemed pale. No, instead it was written all over with the soft hue of pink as a blush ran over his face.

Turning to face the water once more, Jin listened intently to the way she described the way a fire acted. He nodded, and as soon as he felt that his face no longer looked like a giant tomato, he turned back toward the woman placing his hand back onto the the railing before he tried, and failed, to hide his face. "Just like a waterbender dance you say?" He asked slyly. His head tilted to the side before he grinned a little. "Do you dance, Ash?' The question came out as calmly as he could have made it.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: May 28, 2012 23:25:11 GMT -6
kgal
May 29, 2012 10:22:57 GMT -6

Post by kgal on May 29, 2012 10:22:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jin had shifted his weight and now his hand was in a pocket. How leisurely they must look together! Sashu wasn't sure how often Jin, the tall, strong man, relaxed so much around other people. From what he'd said, the answer was a clear "no". But... Sashu wasn't that special. She was just another woman. "All right, I'll hold you to that." His joke made her smile and she took another quick drag from the cigarette. "You'd better," she winked.

As for the ocean, he stated, "Can't say I have, but it sounds like a good time." Surprised, she looked up at him. Her hair fell over her eyes and she pushed it away again with her cigarette hand. "Anything calming or relaxing is on my list of things to do." Sashu couldn't help but grin. Jin was definitely the type to just chill out somewhere on his own. Well, now there'd be a minor change to that. Sashu could be with him.

"Come on down to the docks sometime," she offered, waving her hand conversationally. "I know the best place to just sit and watch the ocean. Plus, if we go to the shore, that'll be a great place to practice pro-bending!" She giggled. "Plus, if we catch on fire, we can just throw ourselves into the ocean!" She couldn't help but grin, imagining the two of them ending up in the water regardless.

It was a good image. Would they be fully clothed, or in bathing suits. The idea of Jin's strong frame in the tight outfit... She raised her eyebrows at the mental picture, and shook her head with a smirk. And then Jin was turning to face the water again. For some reason he was trying to hide his face from her, as best as he could. She shook her head again and chuckled under her breath. His tone was tentative and sneaky. She liked that. "Just like a waterbender dance, you say? Do you dance, Ash?"

Whether he was trying to be funny or not, it didn't matter. "Only of course!" she cried. The cigarette was down to a stub. A pity, but it would only get in the way. A droplet of water was pulled from the stream to extinguish it, and Sashu hastily shoved the poor, dripping thing into her pocket. "Dancing's my favorite," came an almost dreamy tone. "Both to music and to water."

Quickly pushing away from the rail, she situated herself in the center of the bridge, and began to go through some movements. She didn't call upon any water, but her hands flowed and moved regardless. Slow and steady and graceful, she danced atop the bridge, hands swaying and shifting, pushing and pulling. "One time, I visited the Airbenders on their island," she said happily, following through with the fluid movement of her hands. "I watched their steps. They're so quick, but so graceful. They spin around and let the wind guide them. It's very pretty. You should go watch sometime. You'd like it."

She continued, swaying back and forth, shifting the weight on her legs, toes, heels. "Sometimes I like going to bars or clubs and dancing to the music there, too. Jazz is a pretty upbeat music, you know. But on the boats, they'll sing sailing songs, and I love to dance to them. They're so... jaunty, I guess is the word." She brought her stance in and then grinned. "Pretty awesome, huh?" She set her hands on her hips.
This user is a guest
jin
May 29, 2012 12:25:40 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 29, 2012 12:25:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
So, Jin better make her keep her end of the deal, huh? Well that was certainly an interesting idea. A grin slithered back over his features and he nodded in response. This is what Jin probably liked most about talking to Ash. Sure, the two of them were talking, a whole lot more than he expected himself to with anyone, but they didn't need to talk. The two of them could just nod in response, and that was more than acceptable. Jin then noticed her face as he said he hadn't been down to the docks. Had it been that surprising that he didn't get down there? Brushing the thought away, Jin smiled at her grin. She had something going through that head of hers, and as interested as he was, he really didn't want to interrupt her.

"I'll have to take you up on that. It sounds like a good time." He said, in-between her words as to not interrupt her. The ,last thing she said made Jin laugh. That would be interesting little adventure. The two of them training on the beach and then one of them catching on fire only for the other one to run over to try and put it out for them to also catch on fire. The entire idea made Jin laugh a little. "Now THAT sounds like fun." The smile from his laughter was still stuck to his face even after he stopped. He didn't know if she was thinking of the same thing or not, but Jin couldn't shake the thought of her in a swim suit in the ocean. Her curves complimented even more so than they are now. He tried his best to shake the thought so his face didn't light up once more, and thankfully she had spoken up once more, allowing Jin to his mind off of the subject entirely.

So she did dance after all. Jin was happy to hear it, she had the body for it and he did see waterbenders move before with their style, but for a moment he was taken aback. She had pushed off of the railing, and to his pleasant surprise, started dancing. The way her body moved, it was graceful, beautiful, captivating. Jin couldn't take his eyes off of her, not that he wanted to. Then she brought up the son, and grandchildren of the last Avatar, Aang. She visited the island? "I don't know. They seem really nice, but they have a lot of people to take care of on the island." So many people around at once, Jin didn't quite understand. Sure, Tenzin was as spiritual as you could get and he could probably teach Jin a thing or two about meditating, but he had so much on his plate with the newest Avatar in Republic City.

Then came talks about music. Jazz? Yeah, Jazz was a good genre. It had it's upbeat moments, but it was soothing, calm, and anyone could really get into it. Jin was a bit skeptical about bars, and clubs, and for good reason. It was stuffy, crowded, and there wasn't a whole lot of room. "You know, bars and clubs are fun, I'm sure but I'm more into just being with people I know." Granted that wasn't too many people at the moment. Jin had his family, and now he had Ash. That can't be it...can it? Scurrying to find more people through his memories while he watched Ash continue to dance, the thought, which would normally plague his mind for at least thirty minutes seemed to just flee as she stopped and ask him a question. Clapping his hands he grinned and nodded, pushing off of the railing facing her. "That was amazing. You're great."

Jin looked toward the sky, squinting at the way the sun beamed down into his eyes. He sighed, raising his hand to just cover the bridge of his brow, giving his eyes some shade. Like he had done just thirty minutes prior, Jin grabbed the brim of his shirt beating some air against his chest. "How about we get out of this sun. It's beating me to death." He gave an exaggerated death look, but quickly smirked and offered an arm to lead the way toward the the biggest tree in his vision. "Given how adventurous you seem, you're bound to have some great stories." Jin asked, honestly curious.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: May 29, 2012 13:20:03 GMT -6
kgal
May 29, 2012 15:07:31 GMT -6

Post by kgal on May 29, 2012 15:07:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jin seemed quite pleased at her suggestion, even more so with the added prospect of training. "Now that sounds like fun," he said with a laugh. Sashu chuckled, shaking her head. She waggled a finger as if scolding a child. "You say that now, but when your hair's on fire and you're splashing around, I'm going to be the one diving in to rescue you!"

But it was a joke, of course, as usual. Then again, Sashu had been surprised at the amount of people who openly admitted that they couldn't swim. And the amount of primped-up merchants who slipped on their little bunny slippers and fell in, screeching. Sashu wasn't a lifeguard, but she'd pulled out a person or two in her day. Jin replied to her comment about the airbenders, but the words struck her as odd. It wasn't like you stayed there for months and expected them to accommodate you. They were a pretty chilled out family, but Sashu had really only gone to watch, only for an hour or so. Not exactly imposing, but whatever.

A breeze pushed her dark hair over her eyes. The locks smelled like smoke. Vanilla-scented smoke, granted, but smoke nonetheless. She ruffled them out of her face. "You know, bars and clubs are fun, but I'm sure I'm more into just being with people I know." Sashu had to smile. It was just like he was talking about her! But he wasn't! They'd just met, practically strangers. Sure she was attractive, maybe even beautiful, but that didn't make good friends. It hadn't been more than 15 minutes since the moment she called out to him. He wasn't talking about her.

But she didn't like thinking about how little people cared for her, so she hid her fears with a grin and sparkling eyes. "I see how it is. You just don't want to see me dance jazz. That's how it's gonna be?" But she winked and giggled. A mock harrumph came from her throat, and then she let him applaud her. Sashu grinned wide and took an extravagant swooping bow. "I know, I know. I'm fantastic."

She stepped a bit closer to him to let a couple with a stroller pass. The woman had a tall hat on and a long dress that had to be sweltering in the heat. She didn't seem to like the way Sashu wore trousers and a top that was firm against her breasts. Sashu ignored them, but instead looked up to Jin. He was eyeing the sky, and quickly tugging at his shirt, trying to fake airbend up to his face or something. "How about we get out of this sun. It's beating me to death."

"Good idea. I don't want you melting - you're my only chance to make it big in the pro-bending scene!" And so she took his arm and with a smile walked with him. "Given how adventurous you seem, you're bound to have some great stories."

Surprised, she glanced up at his face. It was an odd request, since her mother was the storyteller, not her. She told him as much, and added, "A lot of what I do is on a boat, which means a lot of sailing and not too much... anything else." She shrugged, staring up as the sparse shadow of a tree passed over her face. The sun may have been a blessed feeling against her skin, but somehow the coolness of shade felt equally good. "I mean, I've walked around more of the city than most people, but I wouldn't really count those as adventures. I've never even really been outside the city, except for the sea, of course."

It wasn't weird admitting it. She didn't mind. But still. It was like she was disappointing him. His warm was hot beneath her hand, but not slick. Not that she would have minded if it were. A breeze passed over her face, this time fortunately blowing her hair back instead of in her face.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 29, 2012 15:57:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 29, 2012 15:57:53 GMT -6

Yuri just had to give a low laugh at her friend, of course she was just calling her short to get on her nerves and make sure that her blood is still pumping. The taller woman could not help but to look around for some rocks to use, sure in the arena she was supplied with stone disks. But out here she would have to improvise. The comment that she heard about Ichiro being gay made her sigh, it just figured either the guy was into other guys or they were married. Either way they were off limits to her. Well if she couldn’t have any luck with him then maybe Tadashi might be able to score a date. Although Ren’ai had told him not to try to recruit him or to hit on him, either they were going to go out or not was none of her concern.

It took her a couple of minutes before she got the rocks and was able to pull her hair up with a dark green ribbon that she had in her pocket. Soon they were underway; her friend had sent some fire towards her chest. She was ready for that move and sent a rock about the size of her palm into the oncoming flame, while she took two steps to her right. As soon as she was able to she sent another rock roughly the same size to her friend’s right shoulder while she wished that her shirt fit her looser. The fit of the shirt was affecting her flexibility, and she was sure that it would cause people not to be impressed by what they were doing.

With her being engrossed by what was going on between her and the shorter woman it seemed like nothing else mattered, except for the opponent in front of her. None of the looks from the girls meant nothing to her, they could think that she was a guy for all she cared because she knew that a little smile touched her lips. She always had a small smile during a match because she always enjoyed them so much. So what if some people thought that meant that she might ask one of the guys out after the match to show that there were no hard feelings. But to say the truth it was a little unnerving because her smile never reached her eyes when she was giving her all. But right now her green eyes sparkled with amusement, and did not look like the cold eyes that she gave to anyone while they were in a match.
This user is a former member
jin
May 29, 2012 17:34:19 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 29, 2012 17:34:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
He laughed contently to himself at the possibility of his hair being lit on fire. He looked up toward his head before smiling back down at her. "I'm sure you'd save the day before any real damage was done, right?" Jin was positive Ash would, and so he needn't worry about anything more than that. Besides swimming was always fun, and going for a swim in the great ocean wouldn't be too much of a change for him, his mother took him down there when he was much younger, and he had learned from an early age to swim.

For a moment Jin was surprised that she almost seemed hurt that he didn't like clubs or bars, but that was soon washed away by the wink and giggle. He should have known that she was just messing with him. Laughing a bit, he shrugged and joked a little himself. "Well maybe you can teach me a little bit of your Jazz dance moves. That might be able to convince me to go." He offered up the compromise, and his eyes were caught off guard for a moment as the a couple walked past the two of them. His heart skipped a beat but began it's normal rhythm as they were far enough away. Jin took note of the way the woman looked over Ash. He didn't like the way people judged others in this city, and if she stared Ash with such a glare, what were both of them thinking of Jin. He towered over them almost a whole heads length, and that's without him standing straight up. The two were an odd pair, and they might be an even odder pair in the pro-bending ring.

Jin laughed a bit at her joke about how she wouldn't want him to melt. The words were funny, but he was sure there was some truth to them. At least, he hoped so. Smirking for just a moment, Jin leaned in and joked back. "Aw, I knew you cared. Now who's the one being nice?" The two of them walked calmly toward the tree. It was a sight, powerful, strong, never leaving it's stance as it held onto the ground with an iron grip. He sighed in relief as the two of them hid from the rays of the sun, under the shade of the giant tree. His attention was unwavering, and his eyes stayed on her. Not much of a storyteller, huh? Nonsense. "Oh come now, you can make an adventure out of nothing. This is an adventure for me, something new, an experience that is foreign." Once more, naive idealism took precedent with Jin but he wasn't lying. This was new, and exhilarating for the young man.

He turned his head, and then smiled, looking back down at her as their eyes met. Even though he's seen her for the last, fifteen or so minutes, the two talking to one another, Jin was still almost completely caught in awe at her looks. He's seen waterbenders before, but he just couldn't put his finger on it. Finally deciding to speak to the woman so he wasn't just caught staring he nodded. "Well, I've been itching to ask. How is it out on the sea, on a boat? I've only been to the outskirts of the city before, and that was when I was little to train with my mother." His words almost seemed to trail off as the memories of training came flooding back. They were tough days, but his mother was the best teacher he could have ever asked for. It was something unique.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: May 29, 2012 17:37:04 GMT -6
kgal
May 29, 2012 22:33:30 GMT -6

Post by kgal on May 29, 2012 22:33:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The muggy-sweet smell of smoke was slowly rippling away from her, she knew. But Koroku would still probably smell it on her hair when she got home. He always seemed to have a sort of intuition for it - or maybe working around fish all day just made it easier to smell anything different. After her joke, Jin seemed to regard his own hair, as if checking to make sure it wasn't afire. At his question, Sashu nodded. "Of course. Your hair will be saved, above all things."

He continued to ask if she'd teach him to dance. A strange request, really. But nonetheless. "Any time," she began with a smirk. "But, uh, you have to wear a really brightly-colored hat. All my students are required to have one." She knew the two of them were joking, but she threw in a pointed glanced back towards the crown of his head. But it was weird. For a second, he seemed to be made timid by the passing couple... After saying he was comfortable around one or two people, it was interesting to see his reaction to one or two innocent bystanders. Perhaps there really was something deeper than his shyness.

"Aww, I knew you cared," he teased. "Now who's the one being nice?" Sashu shrugged innocently, batting her eyes. Leaves flicked dark tones over his face, scattered only by a peppering of sunlight. There was a contrast between the white-gold light on his cheeks and the amber of his eyes, and every time the sun burst off of the irises, it created a third hue, between the two. It reminded her of the sun on water, that sparkling glimpse. There for but the moment you gazed at it, and then stolen away by the darker surroundings.

Sashu's eyes weren't like that. They were gray, and gray, and gray, no matter what manner of light or shade hit it. As she thought about eyes, she was suddenly aware of his intent gaze. He was... actually paying attention to her. Not just ogling her body. "Oh come, now, you can make an adventure out of nothing. This is an adventure for me, something new, an experience that is foreign." Though he still watched her, her brow furrowed and she nodded, looking away. What was the most recent... "experience" she'd had?

And still he saved her. She'd taken long enough to reply, as they walked leisurely under the shade of that tree, that he continued. "Well, I've been itching to ask," Jin started, and Sashu smiled, unable to help herself from thinking, Obviously not. "How is it out on the sea, on a boat? I've only been to the outskirts of the city before, and that was when I was little to train with my mother."

That was good material for an adventure. "Well, my mother used to say I was better in water than a stone in a mountain." Though she'd smiled at the idea of storytelling, it was gone now, replaced by a calm somberness that most strangers didn't see in the woman. Just like the calm waters of a pool, Sashu's ripples had faded, if only for this moment.

"When I was young, I started going on fishing trips with my dad. I was a strong swimmer, but I'd never stood on top of the water. It was scary at first. Every time the boat rocked, I was nervous it would pitch me over. But when we passed out of the bay, and into the ocean, with nothing ahead of us but the sea and the sky..." The picture was ingrained in her mind forever, layered with a decade of the same imagine. Sometimes the sky was a cloudy, stormy gray, but it was usually a brilliant azure, a painted dome over the sapphire of the ocean.

"But it was that first sea breeze that changed me. I know sailors would always talk about being able to just sense whether the day was good for fishing or not. I didn't know what they meant until that moment." Sashu gazed at the sky above, through the winking emerald leaves. "It's hard to describe to someone who's never felt it. I guess you could say it was kind of like a wall, that feel when it's really gusty out and you feel like you're going to be pushed around. It was like that, but it was warm. And the smell..."

She shook her head in wonder and looked back up at him, smiling softly. "You could just feel the life. Yeah, there was salt and seaweed, but you could just feel the life of the ocean. She's almost like a human in the way she acts. That day, she was so serene and quiet, just keeping her babies safe deep in the water..."

She suddenly started giggling. "Sorry. Didn't mean to go all unagi-hugger on you. But what can I say? I'm a girl of the ocean!" She laughed and pressed close to Jin's arm, ear squished against his shoulder.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
May 30, 2012 5:44:35 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on May 30, 2012 5:44:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Sorry Karena. For some reason I had trouble figuring out how to reply.

Tadashi laughed, and blushed a little deeper, at Ichiro's lighthearted reply and his smirk — the waterbender was teasing him like they'd known each other forever, instead of just meeting. He let Ichiro get all his ribbing over and done with, stifling laughter at some rather pointed comments, and then sighed and decided he'd better get his full embarassment over and done with. "Yeah. I promised Ren'ai I wouldn't hit on you either." Well, there it was; Ichiro had said he could take anything, right? And anyway, getting shot down or laughed at or whatever would be good practise for when he decided to take Ren'ai's advice and ask out his Air Acolyte counterpart. "Like I said, no worries." He ran a hand through his almost non-existant hair, remembering as he did so that it had been a few days since he had last buzzed it, and then let his hand fall back to the ground where he absent-mindedly pulled up single blades of grass.

As much as he really was trying to behave, he just couldn't help but notice Ichiro out of the corner of his eye as he kept his gaze trained steadily on the girls sparring ahead of them. Now that he was closer to the waterbender, he was able to notice more — and still, as before, it wasn't so much that he was attracted to Ichiro as he was fascinated by him. Tadashi had never known many waterbenders. He inferred from his grandmother's talks that they were more common now than back in her time, but even so, and even living in Republic City, he saw more earthbenders and firebenders than anything else. And he'd always thought that Water Tribe nationals had darker skin, though he didn't know if Ichiro was Water Tribe or born-and-raised Republic City. Not that Ichiro's skin wasn't attractive... Abruptly he decided he'd better change the subject, for both their sakes.

"So, Yuri and Ren'ai tell me you work with them? You're the owner's son?" he asked. The question was meant to be offhand, casual and conversational, but it brought to mind the talk that Ren'ai and he had shared back on Aang Memorial Island, and he clenched his fists tightly, tendons flexed down his arms. "Ren'ai said there was some old guy trying to force his attentions on her at the restaurant today. I don't know if you might have noticed anything about it?" A little too late, Tadashi had a fleeting thought that Ren'ai might not appreciate his interference, apparently with her boss's kid, but really who else had pull enough to look into this sort of thing? Nobody deserved to be treated the way that Ren'ai had been treated today, and especially not his friends. Especially not if he could do anything about it.
This user is a guest
jin
May 30, 2012 6:33:53 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 30, 2012 6:33:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Softly chuckling after what she had said, Jin couldn't help but respond, it was just left out in the open. "Glad to see that we have our priorities straight." He joked. He could see how the entire thing went down. Jin running around from spot to spot with his hands clutching his head before either jumping in the ocean or Ash smacking him down with a large quantity of water and then rushing over to examine his hair. That'd be hilarious in hindsight at least He said to himself, his attention going back to the woman beside him.

Jin got excited at the idea of being how to dance, and yet in a moments notice it was ripped away. Brightly colored hats while learning to dance? No thanks, but even still it made him laugh. "I might take you up on that, brightly-colored hats and all..." He quickly regretted saying it; the scenario would play out like any training day with Jin arriving only to find a hat covered in all colors sitting in the middle of the floor. I'd rather be mauled by a platypus-bear He turned his head to stick his tongue out at the faintest thought of the hat. He needed something else to think of. Once more his attention was grabbed, this time by her innocent shrug, with her batting her eyelids like it was just another day. He couldn't take his eyes off her once more. He wondered what she thought of her eyes. Were they to bland for her taste, or were they deep and moving? Jin was mesmerized by them, and yet in a moment she looked away.

It wasn't long before she returned to speaking, this time she seemed complacent, and calm. Jin didn't say anything, or do anything besides move with her, and listen. Seemingly taking an interest in the story she was telling, and with his own interest in it, he needn't say anything or stop her with some quick-witted comment. As unlikely as that was to begin with. The way she spoke of the ocean, and the sea really made Jin want to go out for a boat ride. Something different, calming, and this breeze she spoke of. He may not have the same experience, but it seemed relaxing regardless. The sea to her seemed a whole lot like fire to Jin. Then she started giggling, and then apologized for the story. "No, it was great. I can definitely tell you love the ocean with the way you told me about it."

For a moment Jin was caught off guard with how close she had gotten. Part of him wanted to tug away, but a greater part of him wanted to stay put, and keep her close to him. It felt nice, and she felt warm against his arm. His left hand moved if only a centimeter, a million thoughts running through his head before it returned to his side. He just smiled, shifting his sight from her to the canopy of the tree. "That reminds me of when I started the final steps in my training with my mother." He started, the memory at first glance seemed tragic, just kids bullying one another for the sheer pleasure of it, but it was a learning lesson for them all, especially for Jin. "We had just gotten to the top of the mountain, and after strictly taking breathing measures to ensure that my bending would be at it's peak, we started." His eyes seemed locked on the light that glistened through the leaves as they swayed from side to side.

"It was simple practice, but I wasn't getting it. I was terrifi-" He stopped for a moment, looking from side to side for a moment before mentally snapping his finger and resuming. A half-fake laugh coming from him. "I was terrific, after more training that is. I was thirteen at the time. Then she taught me my firebending juggling act." He didn't need to tell her the whole truth...not yet anyway. When the time was right he'd tell her, if there ever was a 'right time'. He said the last part as he created a small ball of flame in his left hand, shooting it in the air before catching it and repeating this process. The fire danced in his hands, flickering from side to side sparking ever so slightly. It helped Jin relax even more than he had already.Then nodding before closing the flame in his hand, causing it to disperse through the creases of his fingers. What else was there to talk about that they haven't covered already? He wasn't sure, and maybe she had something to add. His smiled returned as he looked down at the woman standing beside him.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: May 30, 2012 11:20:45 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 30, 2012 10:59:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 30, 2012 10:59:42 GMT -6

Although Anhyue understood that she was at the butt of this entire joke, the actress could not help herself from tossing her head back and breaking into a more controlled version of Naota's laughter, whom while on his back sounded similar to a pack of wild hyenas. She knew that he was laughing at her, at her dramatic reaction to his job well done, and at her defeat, yet the nineteen-year-old was unashamed. If anything she was pleased to have reacted so powerfully to his trick. They were artists after all whose source of accomplishment came solely from the reactions of their audiences. Admittedly, Anhyue was impressed by Naota’s talent for magic, but she would not profess that openly to the magician just yet. At least not until he produced that damn card.

Clearing her chest with a light cough the waterbender waited for Naota to lift himself off of the ground and answer her poorly enunciated question. She demanded an explanation and by the spirits she would get one. Finally, Naota was in a sitting position and as Anhyue was about to hound him again for the card, he winked at her. The gesture was small but it hit her with the force of an oncoming Satomobile. There was something so mysterious about a wink that it unsettled Anhyue’s insides. It was one of the most ambiguous gestures but also one of the most satisfying if placed into the right context. Anhyue wasn’t sure what Naota meant by it. Perhaps he did it for the self satisfaction of having beat her at this game of wits so to say. Or maybe it’s payback for calling him pretty boy. At any rate Anhyue unconcerned herself with Naota’s motive letting the moment slip from her mind like sand in a child’s hand and focused on what she believed was going to be Naota’s explanation. The actress then realized that he was stalling for a more dramatic effect.

“Naota show me the card!” she whined impatiently. The magician countered her with a question and like a tease he made it rhetorical. “Why would I–” she began before being cut off by his answer. It went home? “Card’s just don’t sprout legs and walk off into the sunset Naota. Good joke.” She watched as he ignored her sarcastic remark and with a tan finger pointed to the forgotten deck of cards. Anhyue let her thick hair cascade over her left shoulder as she tilted her head to get a better view of the deck. When her eyes caught sight of that gleaming little card she raised a delicate hand to her lips and pressed them against her mouth to stifle the waves of laughter that threatened to erupt from her throat like a tsunami. She heard his voice and slowly met his gaze. Shaking her head she grinned before saying, “I should have believed you.”

A heavy breeze passed between them and as it tossed Anhyue’s curls back over her shoulder an unexplainable impulse hit her and forced her to her feet. She stood in the sunlight for a brief moment enjoying its warmth against the small areas of exposed skin and the shine it gave to the pieces of jewelry on her hands. She grinned at Naota before leaving him to retrieve her bag. Once it was fastened over her chest the actress rushed over to the magician and extended her hand to help him up from the grass. She spoke while she waited for him to take it. “You deserve a reward for a trick like that. How does food sound? I mean of course if you’re up for a quick bite to eat.”
Anonymous
May 30, 2012 12:33:36 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 30, 2012 12:33:36 GMT -6

He hadn’t had this much fun with his tricks in quite a while. Anhyue was a very good spectator, and to him that was just as important as the actual success of his trick. He’d had people in the past who’d only been concerned with finding out how his magic worked, and those were the kind of people he disliked. By being skeptical they ruined magic for everyone else. But Anhyue wasn’t one of those people, and so Naota liked her. Of course, that wasn’t the only reason; he was always falling for pretty girls. It was a weakness of his, but one that he would freely admit and give in to frequently.

The woman’s impatience only made him stall for longer. The reveal was the best part of any trick, and it was always good to keep the audience in suspense. Finally, though, for fear of being attacked if he waited any longer, he revealed the card’s resting place, grinning as his new acquaintance covered her smile with a light hand. ”Of course you should have believed me,” he confirmed. ”I know what I’m doing.” He paused, tapping his finger on the deck as a thought occurred to him. ”Then again, I wouldn’t have had as much fun if you’d just believed me without questioning my answer. So thank you for doubting me, I guess. I enjoyed proving you wrong.”

Anhyue stood suddenly, and Naota watched her rise, noticing the way the sun’s light made her ring and bracelet sparkle. His eyes traveled up her body to rest his gaze on her face again, admiring the blue-green eyes that had caught his attention before and easily did so again. Anhyue turned, and their eyes met again, Naota smiling lazily back at her. Noticing her bag, which still lay on the ground, he picked it up and handed it to her, inclining his head as he did so. ”Your bag, m’lady.”

The combined offers of a helping hand and food earned the woman an emphatic nod. The magician took the proffered limb and stood, brushing grass off of his pants. “I’m always up for some food,” he replied, looking back up at Anhyue. ”Especially if it gives me the chance to spend more time with you.”
kgal
May 30, 2012 14:35:35 GMT -6

Post by kgal on May 30, 2012 14:35:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
At Jin's first couple of comments, Sashu just chuckled and shook her head. Though, the image of the same Jin walking up to her, this time with some bright yellow-and-orange top hat on, was far-fetched enough to garner disbelief. And Sashu was pretty good at believing people. Still, it made her laugh to see him stick out his tongue. That jacket he wore was of usual fashion in the city - people wore warm clothing year-round here. But his discomfort was visible. Sashu steered them off of the path and onto the lush grass, closer to the trunk of the tree than they had been. There she stopped them. The breeze and the shade felt beautiful, even to Sashu, who hadn't even begun perspiring.

He didn't seem to mind her little story, at least. That was good. "No, it was great. I can definitely tell you love the ocean with the way you told me about it." Sashu looked to the sky, guarding her thoughts. A story doesn't make an experience. Maybe if we were good friends, I'd take you with me someday. But they were strangers. Potentially teammates, amiable conversationalists even, but not quite friends. Not yet. She looked back at him, still holding his arm, but not as closely. We could have an adventure together, she thought with a smile.

She pulled away to stand before him. "It reminds me of when I started the final steps in my training with my mother," Jin explained. She faced him, leaning her weight on her right and setting her hand on that hip to rest. "We had just gotten to the top of the mountain, and after strictly taking breathing measures to ensure that my bending would be at its peak, we started." Amazed, Sashu let out a quiet, "Wow." A mountain! Much like Jin had never visited the ocean on a boat, Sashu had never scaled a mountain, much less climb to one's peak!

She didn't want to say anything to interrupt his story: he spoke again. "It was a simple practice, but I wasn't getting it. I was terrifi —" He suddenly cut himself off, glancing around like he'd heard something. Confused, Sashu's smile dropped, and she tried to follow his gaze. She hadn't heard anything... When her eyes turned back, his next laugh was short and false. "I was terrific, after more training, that is," he covered badly. If he had heard something, why wouldn't he talk about it?

Still, Jin went on. "I was thirteen at the time. Then she taught me my firebending juggling act." For now, Sashu let his lapse in concentration fall away. The words didn't match what he'd said before, but she wasn't going to bring it up. Instead, she focused on juggling. Juggling! She laughed in amusement as he tossed a small fireball.

"Juggling? Now I know you're yanking my chain. You? Juggle?" Her snickers weren't mean. But he had to be lying. Seriously. "I'd pay the entry price into the pro-bending tournament to see you juggle for a crowd." But she'd reminded herself of the hefty price, and it stole away her glee as quickly as cold water steals the breath.

She swore quietly. "Well, we'd better hope our partner's got friends in high places. I don't have 10,000 yuans, and we don't have a sponsor..." Frowning, she rubbed her forehead. "Otherwise we can't play..." Sure her parents had maybe a thousand stored up, but that was for emergencies, like repairing boat hulls or buying new sails or if the fishing season was very poor. She hadn't asked Jin if he had the cash - she just assumed he didn't.
This user is a guest
chibicrashey
May 30, 2012 15:34:08 GMT -6

Post by chibicrashey on May 30, 2012 15:34:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((OOC: S...sorry this took so long to get to;;;))

Old habits were hard to break. This was especially true for one Kamil when it came to doing errands for his family. He could never simply just leave the shop, do said errands and return. Mostly because returning tended to lead to more work he didn't really feel like doing and if he procrastinated long enough on one thing he wouldn't have to do the other as soon. Flawless logic!

This time again, as he made his way through the park, he was actually supposed to be picking up the materials his father had ordered a while back from the docks. That task had been given to him over an hour ago, most of said time having been spent at his favourite bar. Next on his agenda was spending the next hour doing absolutely nothing productive in the park. He'd train his bending, but he was a bit of a conservative guy. As much as he enjoyed being able to bend he had a higher preference of just watching others bend their elements.

Besides, there already seemed to be one other person bending by the pond, though if he were being perfectly honest with himself he was itching to join the man. Why did watching people bend make his blood boil so? Especially if they were waterbending. With Waterbenders he got the urge to either show off, or learn from them if they seemed experienced enough. It didn't help that the shirtless male was easy on the eyes either. If one thing wasn't getting his blood boiling then it was the other.

Eventually the man stopped his training, which made Kamil pout. Was his show over already? Pity, he was just- hello what was going on over there? Where those a Firebender and an Earthbender? And was the style they were currently fighting in... No, they weren't fighting, they were training their Probending! Kamil felt himself drawn towards the action and before he knew it he was joining the guy that had been practicing before and some other guy that was sitting next to him in watching the two... They were both girls, right? One guy one girl? He wasn't going to assume.

Either way he just sat down next to the two other men and continued to watch the other two go at it. "I hope the two of you don't mind me sitting here." He stated more than asked, completely transfixed on what was going on in front of him and not particularly caring if he was intruding on anything. "Hey, they're Probenders, right? Which group are they?" He asked curiously, not breaking eye contact with the two benders for even a second.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: May 31, 2012 1:26:18 GMT -6
jin
May 30, 2012 16:35:47 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 30, 2012 16:35:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The young firebender smiled faintly at her quiet wow. He was glad that he could at least seem somewhat impressive with something in his life. The rest of it was nothing short of a failure. He couldn't talk about that, being locked inside of a dome by his older brother, nearly running away from the children his mother had used to give him his spark back. The rest of his life was nothing but fear and running from the world. His brow furrowed, his hands were clenching back up. He didn't quite know what it was this time; anger, sadness, or maybe the idea that he'd never get fixed and he'd never be a true probender. Every other day blackness seemed to cover everything and the only thing he could see was the light from his home. The only protection from the outside world. His heart was caving in, and he was nearly ready to just leave once more. That was until her soft laughter made Jin look back. Then he realized there could be something else, if he could keep it within his grasp. Someone new, someone he could depend on.

His smile once more returned as he nodded. She had disconnected the two of them, giving him enough room to maneuver his body from spot to spot. "You're right about one thing...it's not really juggling." He started, creating two fireballs in either hand. "At least, not the way most people see it." He added bouncing both balls between his hands. "People see juggling as the manipulation of objects around them. Something foreign. Many other jugglers may say that the objects are an extension of themselves, but they're wrong." His movements were becoming more coordinated. This time it wasn't simply an act, he was putting his martial arts training to use. "They're wrong because they fear the possibility of dropping what they're juggling." The fire was bouncing behind his back, over his head and then back down to his hand. "But this fire, this fire is an extension of not only my body, but my very being. We do not juggle because we do not fear that we will drop the fire. The fire is forever apart of us, and we will always know where it is."

Everything was becoming more complicated, but controlled. His eyes were now shut, and there were now three balls. All three balls were line up and in a moment he clapped his hands together only for him to pull them apart, the fire forming a single unified line before dissipating. As his eyes opened, he noticed a few more people watching him. He side stepped a few times to close the distance between himself and Ash. His presence changed once more. The people that were watching mumbled to themselves before walking their separate ways. Sighing to himself, Jin stood straight up, no longer trying to make himself as small as possible (which was already hard enough). Then her words came flooding into him like a dam had just burst. A show....that was it. That was how he would get over his fear of crowds. He would put on a show, the same show he had just displayed. The face that was written all over Jin was different than before. It wasn't happy, or thrilled, but it seemed he had found resolve in this fear. A goal, and something to work toward. "That is what my mother taught me, and you — you gave me a great idea." Pulling her into a hug for but a moment, he quickly realized what he had, set her down, and rubbed the back of his head. "Er...sorry. Got a little worked up." He slid in his apology in calmly, and quickly and as sincerely as possible.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: May 30, 2012 16:37:21 GMT -6