The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[May Issues] TARP Updates, Issues, Etc.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 8, 2012 16:28:04 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hi there, everyone! First announcement of TARP's Korra-era, what a momentous occasion! I know it's a little early, but since the site has been operating on a test run thus far, there have been some snags and hiccups along the way that I need to address. It's a bit lengthy, but please bear with it!

Coding Issues

• First, there is an issue posting profiles in CHROME. Please do not preview the post if you are using this browser. I'm currently in the process of fixing this, but for some reason hitting "preview" will cause the profile form to return blank and give you errors. Until I can get this fixed, please either (a) use another browser [Firefox seems to have no issue posting], or (b) simply don't preview. I am working to resolve this issue as quickly as I can, and I apologise for the inconvenience.

• There was a small matter of the spoiler tags not working, but they should be FIXED now! Please use the [spoiler]
[/spoiler] tags[/i][/u] around any text that could be such (whether or not it's Avatar related) if the thread is not marked as "spoilers" in the title.[/li][/ul]

Rules/FAQ Updates

As soon as I make this post, I will be modifying the FAQ to reflect the following information.

• There will now be a population limit on thieves - Everyone who's posted a thief character or thief history prior to this is fine, but we will now have a limit on this type of character. The limit will increase as our population balances out, so if you are interested in that sort of character please have patience!

• By the same token, we ask that orphan characters be more limited. Yes, it's very steampunk and there are a hefty few orphans running around, but please try to be more creative with their story. The orphan/thief character is pretty standard fare, so if you decide to make an orphan, try something new. If we get an influx of orphans, we will start imposing a population cap on those too, so please try to keep our population in balance.

• Aspiring probenders must be at least 16 years of age to begin playing professionally, though our new rules on character skill are still in effect (you did read what they were, right? ;] )

• Gang characters are limited to SMALL GANGS. By small, we mean no greater than about twenty people, though less is always better. If your character is in a gang, please specify in their profile the size of their gang. Do not associate your character with any of the Triads. This rule is subject to change once we find out more about them (if we do. If not... well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there).

**NEW** Features!

• The Probending Arena will open soon! I intend to have it open within the next couple of days (if not by the end of today), so please keep an eye out for it! This area will function differently from the rest of the RP areas, so it's very important that you read the stickies once they are posted.

• In case you missed it, Downtown Republic City is now open to RP. Most of the lower to middle class characters probably live here, so if you need a home for your character in the city, check it out!

• There is a New Board in the RP discussion area for Character Requests. If you need a character to complete your story — say, a relative, or a lover, or a best friend — post your character idea and let people ask questions in your thread, discuss the character with you, and then interested parties can claim the character. :3

• There is an Alias Thread (click) in the RP discussion area. It's not mandatory, but feel free to post any aliases you've gone by on TARP (if any), and the alias you prefer to be addressed by, regardless of character or display name.

[/blockquote]
I think that's it!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread. I will update as soon as I can regarding the Probending arena and the coding issues.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 6, 2012 17:16:39 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 11, 2012 15:15:43 GMT -6

UPDATES

• Profile Form for Chrome Users: This should MOSTLY work now. I can preview and post no problem, though when clicking "new thread" sometimes the form doesn't show up. CTRL (or Command for Macs) F5 seems to take care of this, though. Please let me know if you experience any other issues, or if the original issue persists for you!

• Probending Arena is delayed until next week. With coding problems (and the fact that I completely forgot what day it was) I don't have time to finish it. I'm going to get an RP post out and start it, but it probably won't be released until next week. Sorry for the delay!
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 11, 2012 15:15:54 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 12, 2012 21:17:26 GMT -6

UPDATES

• OC Profile Form: For those of you posting Original Characters - If you are leaving the RP sample blank because you have already submitted one, PLEASE NOTE THAT we are now asking for a link to your first profile so we can make sure you've already submitted a Korra-era profile. Additionally, the RP sample instructions now clarify "first Korra-era profile" as there has been some confusion.

Thanks to everyone for being so patient and understanding during these updates. Hopefully we will have the kinks ironed out soon.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 18, 2012 17:58:20 GMT -6

UPDATES

• Probending Arena: More delays, unfortunately, as this coding is proving a mite troublesome for me. Should have it up and running next week (for real this time) :X

Sorry for the delays!
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 22, 2012 7:38:57 GMT -6

UPDATES

• Probending Arena: Almost finished! We have our schedule ironed out, all that's left is for me to configure one last code and make a handful of graphics. FEEL FREE to go to this thread and post your teams!
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 22, 2012 7:39:23 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 25, 2012 11:56:41 GMT -6

UPDATES

• Probending Arena: Finally finished, hooray! You can read more about the Probending board-wide event here. FEEL FREE to go to this thread and post your teams.

Hope to see teams signing up soon!
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 26, 2012 13:02:01 GMT -6

UPDATES

• TARP IS NOW ADFREE FOR MEMBERS: For May/June, or 50,000 pageviews, whichever comes first. If you would like to contribute to our adfree credits, please visit this link. Credit donators will receive a custom sig/avvie set from me, as well as a custom title recognising their donation. If you donate, please send me a PM!

Enjoy the adfree!
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 26, 2012 13:02:55 GMT -6