The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Looking for Peoples!

merce
May 11, 2012 12:21:22 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 11, 2012 12:21:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I just finished creating my first character, Anya Hakushi. She is a young Firebender immigrant from the Fire Nation. She barely manages to make a living with her family in harsh factory conditions. Anya has a dream of one day becoming a Pro-bender, though she has pretty much dismissed it as just that, a dream. Despite this interest of hers, she is highly non confrontational and very timid.

I am interested in getting her together with an earth and water bender to form a Pro-bending team, but it would have to be a plot that takes some time. Anya is very poor, and not a very skilled Firebender, though she has a lot of suppressed drive that could be released. Someone would really need to care about her and her dream to accept her as she is. There would also need to be a lot of practice for her to be any good (though it could be off "screen.") Perhaps a team of pure rookies would be better suited to her, but I'm just in the discussion stage of course.

I would also be interested in doing more casual RP, perhaps to make friends or for relationships with other characters. Anya is very shy, but she enjoys the company of others. If anybody would be interested just let me know! ^^

By the way, a link to Anya's profile so you don't have to hunt it down: Anya
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 11, 2012 14:10:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 11, 2012 14:10:05 GMT -6

...Well, I'm making a Waterbender who's also going to be a pro-bender, so I guess you just found one team member. I don't mind taking time before the team gets together, I'd like to get more acquainted with RPing a Waterbender again (the last one was kind of psycho ice-queen/courteous healer with personality issues) and also figuring out what I want to do with him.. or her.

At your service *bows*
This user is a former member
merce
May 11, 2012 14:30:55 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 11, 2012 14:30:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yay! Now all we need is a Earthbender! When you are finished your Waterbender, we can have our characters meet. I already said this in the bending team name thread, but I think Rough Rhinos or Komodo Rhinos would be a cool team name. ^^
This user is a guest
sage
May 11, 2012 14:38:35 GMT -6

Post by sage on May 11, 2012 14:38:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm in the process of making an earth bender aspiring to be a pro-bender. I can't guarantee when my profile is going to be ready for submission though. I've had a busy work week and this weekend I've got plans to do some gardening work for mother's day that is likely going to eat up most of my free time. :) If you find someone else to fill the role before I can finish my profile this upcoming Monday, then that's perfectly cool. :3

This user is a guest
merce
May 11, 2012 14:43:41 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 11, 2012 14:43:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This is awesome! We have a team! Don't worry about time, I'm going to be pulling up weeds all weekend myself. XD
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 13, 2012 15:07:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2012 15:07:59 GMT -6

^^ Yay, I get to RP with the some new TARP blood !! Hurray !!

I also wanted to bring to your attention that the Republic City game/discovery interactive screen on nick.com has a list of the pro-bending teams that participate, or participated, in the tournament... and there's one called the Kolau Komodo Rhinos. Just thought I'd let you know. *bows*
merce
May 14, 2012 7:30:14 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 14, 2012 7:30:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh, I should have guessed that name would be taken already! Well, we can come up with another one. Is Ninuma Riku the waterbender that will be part of our team!
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 14, 2012 11:22:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 14, 2012 11:22:09 GMT -6

Yes indeed ! The swampy simpleton at your service. The Cat Gators and many other animals - even the Moose Lions !! - are taken as well. Luckily for us, there's only sixteen of them taken, so we have the rest to ourselves ^^. I guess the Rough Rhinos can work, I mean they were the soldiers riding the Rhinos, and a singing group, but... whatever you decide *bows*
merce
May 14, 2012 12:14:20 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 14, 2012 12:14:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
How about the Raven Eagles! That was the bird that Sparky Sparky Boom Man used! :D Since most of the teams have a location before their name, we could be the Crescent Island Raven Eagles. I don't think that location was used yet.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 14, 2012 13:45:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 14, 2012 13:45:31 GMT -6

Yes, that suits me fine. My character, much less - he's a very cool and slow guy, so being in a team with such a fierce animal theme is in opposition. But in all honesty, I can't submit a better one... well, the ones I did in the Pro-bending names thread anyway. Big Bad Hippos would be arrogant as hell - and rocks the boat !!! - and Grasshoppers are soooooo tiny. As for the Gokko Birds, it's kind of reserved... and will probably never happen anyway.

'Enteeeeeeeeeeeeeer The Crescent Island Raven Eagles !!!! Better keep your eyes open, folks !! These wingers are coming to swoop down on you and grab you right out of the arena !!! If you don't want to fall in the drink, you ought to duck !! The Raven Eagles are here to catch you... WITH A KNOCKOUT !!"

Yes, it sucks. I'm low on inspiration today, not my fault >.> But I actually intended to post to say that we should prepare for when Tu finishes his profile. Maybe: an after-pro-bending match night encounter between the three, long discussion and someone lets out a crazy idea... Just gotta figure out what it's gonna be. *bows*
merce
May 14, 2012 15:13:30 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 14, 2012 15:13:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
That is a way better intro than I could do! ;D

I like your idea for our characters meeting. The context would help them all establish something in common, and eventually, one of them could come up with the idea. Anya could be the one to suggest it, though she would probably do so in jest at first. I can't wait to see who Tu's character will be. :)
This user is a guest
sage
May 15, 2012 11:22:53 GMT -6

Post by sage on May 15, 2012 11:22:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I think Raven Eagles sounds pretty awesome. My apologies for the delayed response. I saw this yesterday ,but I was working on my profile, something I'm still working on. I hate making excuses for myself but I ended up going to bed shortly after work. To make a long story short, it had been one of those long and crappy days.

I do not want to hold you guys back though! Riku and Anya could meet at a match and my character could make a meet them later in some crazy fashion.
This user is a guest
merce
May 15, 2012 12:12:07 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 15, 2012 12:12:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OK, it makes sense that we wouldn't all meet at the exact same time. Anya and Riku could be talking for a little while before our Earthbender shows up. I would really appreciate it if you could start, Lykka, since I don't have any experience with RP on this forum. But, I would be quite willing to start if you want me to. :D
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 15, 2012 12:25:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 15, 2012 12:25:16 GMT -6

It's fine, guys. Everything's fine, we're not in a hurry. In fact, if you have any ideas to add to this crafty little encounter plan, by all means go ahead. In the meantime, I'd be honored to place the first stone of this monumental partnership that- alright, I ramble a lot. I will have this starting point posted within the night... which is probably day for you. *bows*
merce
May 15, 2012 12:49:38 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 15, 2012 12:49:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, we could do a rather generic meeting, like Anya running into Riku or something. Or, one of our characters could have snuck in for free and be leaving the show rather hastily when another notices him/her. Or, they could even have just been sitting next to each other and started random conversation. There are lots of things we could do.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 15, 2012 13:59:36 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 15, 2012 13:59:36 GMT -6

...I was going to write up the post, but then I realized that there's no Pro-bending arena thread yet. Kami is still in the process of opening that Board. So I figured "hey, let's be inventive on that one and make it a funnier situation". So I'm gonna have to take a few liberties with what I had suggested. It's not going to be drastically different... it's just going to unfold differently.

Oh, and call me Joy Joy. I go by that cheerful name OOC ^^ *bows*
Last edit by Deleted: May 15, 2012 13:59:57 GMT -6
merce
May 15, 2012 14:15:19 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 15, 2012 14:15:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OK! This sounds like it is going to be fun! ;D Feel free to take whatever liberties you need! You can even control my character a bit if you want to decide how she fits into the situation and such. :D I would be happy to call you Joy Joy! It is such a pleasant name!
This user is a guest