The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Yay plots!

Anonymous
May 4, 2012 22:58:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 4, 2012 22:58:39 GMT -6

Hello there, fellow TARPers (TARPians?). I've got an accepted character, and I'm itching to RP. My character is Tenshio, a 16 year old nonbending vagrant native to Republic City's seedier areas. He makes a living by stealing from those more fortunate than he, and has a soft spot for the munchkins. He's not a big fan of authority figures, though. For some strange reason they aren't impressed by his thieving skills. I'd be willing to RP anything with Tenshio. He is planning to assemble his own gang of overconfident adolescents, but that could wait. Anybody want to RP?
This user is a former member
ailin
May 8, 2012 21:48:39 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 8, 2012 21:48:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey, I've got an 18 year old firebender named Akane that might be a good RP match. She works for a 5 person gang that runs out of a bar, and spends a fair amount of her evenings drunk on their booze. She also has a big problem with authority and a soft spot for urchins like Tenshio does. Though, soft spot for her means "tough love" and an occasional yuan and that's it. Akane's bitter, sarcastic, and gravitates to fights. There's probably a kernel of goodness, though.

So if you want, she's available. :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 22:00:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 8, 2012 22:00:13 GMT -6

I'd love to RP with Akane, but I just started an RP with Kamil. I'd be quite happy if you joined us, but I don't know his opinion on that.
ailin
May 8, 2012 22:06:07 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 8, 2012 22:06:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I didn't know you'd already teamed up! If Kamil is okay with that, I'd be happy to join you both. If not, no worries. Just throwing the offer out there is all.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 9, 2012 11:22:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2012 11:22:24 GMT -6

Sorry, I should have edited my post or something to make that known. I asked Kamil, and he's fine with you joining if you want. :)
Anonymous
May 9, 2012 14:18:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2012 14:18:48 GMT -6

I've got a new character, Katsumi Yamada, and I'm looking for someone to RP with. Katsumi's a 24 year old Waterbender who works as a dancer in the Golden Fan Saloon. She's looking for someone to take her out of her dull life and show her some excitement. Any takers?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 14:22:47 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Well, Ling's life is pretty dull as well, and I can't commit to a whole RP right now, but Ling is a FREQUENT visitor at the Saloon so I'm sure they could have some friendly backstory going on? Thoughts?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 9, 2012 14:55:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2012 14:55:31 GMT -6

I do enjoy friendly backstory. You have anything specific in mind?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 14:59:49 GMT -6

Hm. What is your character's sexual orientation? Ling's pretty flirty, and doesn't mind the occasional tumble (though obviously we will have to be very PG13 about that, haha). That aside, I'm figuring something along the lines of becoming really chummy since a lot of the Saloon patrons are probably gross drunks, and Ling likes to make... "friendly" wagers against them. Maybe Katsumi could be friendly enough to water down Ling's drinks so she doesn't get as drunk as the men when she's running a bet, maybe she helps set things up. And Ling would definitely look out for her.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 9, 2012 15:20:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2012 15:20:45 GMT -6

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about Katsumi's sexual orientation. I'm thinking she's mostly straight, though if the right woman came along that could change. ;) I really like the idea of Katsumi helping Ling win her bets. She would definitely be happy to squeeze a little extra money out of the drunks.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 15:36:42 GMT -6

We could keep it platonically flirtatious if you would prefer! I would like them to remain friends even if they do tumble, as I have a romance planned already.

And of course, Ling would be MORE THAN happy to give Katsumi a cut of the earnings. Drunken men bet graciously. >:3
This user is Mod
ailin
May 9, 2012 15:38:29 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 9, 2012 15:38:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Great! I'll just wait for a good moment to jump in. :)
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 15:47:44 GMT -6

Posts merged! REMEMBER, this is plotting by member. We may create a plot-by-character board if necessary.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 9, 2012 16:23:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2012 16:23:59 GMT -6

Kami- I'm good with platonically flirtatious. And as long as Katsumi gets a bit of the money she helps Ling make, this could be a great business venture. Would you like to start something in the saloon or shall I?

Ai Lin- Yay!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 16:45:23 GMT -6

Let me do a little precursory RP with Ai Lin's Mei, and the two of us will head over to the saloon for eats. Shouldn't take too long.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 9, 2012 16:55:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2012 16:55:32 GMT -6

Okay, I'll wait for you two, then.
Anonymous
May 9, 2012 19:51:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2012 19:51:27 GMT -6

My Swarthy Pirate Queen was accepted. Interested parties know who they are. ;)

~Tenoko~

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 19:52:30 GMT -6

Hehehehe. Oh man. Let us get the ball rolling, and you should make a FLASHY ENTRANCE.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 9, 2012 21:48:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2012 21:48:40 GMT -6

flashy? *lifts shirt*
or is that beyond PG-13? xB

so wait, are you starting the thread or me? I mean, terrible things happen when I lead (Alistair) start threads, because I never make good enough openings for the other player(s).
~Tenoko~
Last edit by Deleted: May 9, 2012 21:55:57 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 21:57:31 GMT -6

Just don't tell me what's there! Ahahahahahaha. x3

And we're all meeting over in the "Golden Fan Saloon" thread in the Downtown Republic City subboard. Hangetsu and Ai Lin just posted, and I'm working on a post right now. Feel free to cut in at any time!
This user is Mod