The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Something Fun! [TARP: A (Visual) History]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 11, 2012 13:14:38 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I thought it might be neat to look at how TARP has changed over the years! These are screenshots I've saved from late 2005 - 2010.

*Missing: Original TARP skin, 2006 & 2007-Holiday skin variations, TARP v6 / v6.5 skins, Crimson Tears v2 Banner (no longer have images, not indexed by Wayback Machine)

I hope you enjoy this glimpse of TARP's History! Feel free to comment, reminisce (if you remember them!), and — if you're really polite — leave layout suggestions for the next TARP skin! They might just end up on the next layout, if it's possible. (No guarantees, tho. ;] )

Now, without further ado, the history of TARP (click image for larger version):

This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 11, 2012 14:02:14 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jun 11, 2012 13:55:48 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OMG! I forgot how many skins we used to have. It's amazing to think of how much the layouts have changed, and I still like some of those skins. *sighs* Memories...
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 11, 2012 14:36:42 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OMG! I forgot how many skins we used to have. It's amazing to think of how much the layouts have changed, and I still like some of those skins. *sighs* Memories...

Ugh, and this is just a fraction of them. xD

I still have the Hanukkah banner (my apologies to Isaia for having this a layout in the past without permission! it's gone now) and the darker 'Let it Snow' banner and the non-banner graphics themselves. xD;'

I also have the original gAang banners that were made around the "Aang White" skin's time:

Zuko 2005/2006
Toph 2006
Cabbage man (because reasons) 2006
Zuko 2007

I also have the banners/images for the 2010 skin (although they're corrupted >_<) , and the 2011 under construction skin.

... we had a lot of zuko skins. Why did I never make a Sokka skin? I meant to...
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 11, 2012 14:41:29 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jun 11, 2012 14:44:31 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Haha, I couldn't tell you, you used about everyone else lol... And momo's so cute!
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 11, 2012 14:48:06 GMT -6

I did. >_< It was really hard to find good sokka pictures, though, that weren't blurry or derp. ... though maybe I should've gone with derp, ahahahaha.

And thanks! x'] I might do a pabu one, maybe. depends on how this next layout goes.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jun 11, 2012 14:58:24 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Aww, yeah, pabu would be so cute!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 11, 2012 15:22:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 11, 2012 15:22:38 GMT -6

...Wow, seeing this does not make me feel younger. Not at all. I still remember that first TARP skin with the Gorillaz look, I think that was the one from the time when I joined.

And holy heaven !! I had completely forgotten about the winter holiday skins, they just felt so refreshing !! Puns aside, they cheered me up during a time when I was a depressed boy, and they fit so perfectly with an Avatar Christmas that they were always my favorites of all time - and I had indeed forgotten about them, I'm amnesic like that >.>.
This user is a former member
azn
Jun 12, 2012 19:08:43 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 12, 2012 19:08:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kami, did you design all them skins? They all look great! It jumps from professionalism to fun & friendly. Of course, coming in new, I will always see THIS skin as the 'original' .

which reminds me, I meant to comment earlier: The click-to-dropdown feature is fantastic. Isolates each person's most-used areas, and makes the site MUCH MORE mobile-friendly than most forums :)

As for the next skin: I recently fell in DEEEEEEEEP love win Lin BeiFong (mostly due to EPIcSODE9)... she should be next.

I'm excited now to see what will be next!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 12, 2012 19:12:02 GMT -6

I strive to balance "fun" with streamlined. TARP has a LOT of information, not just lore, but stuff we've handled over the years. It's a lot to take in, so I try to have the design easy to navigate. I'm still working on refining it, though!

Thank you for your compliments! I'll see what I can do about including Lin somewhere in the next layout (which is already somewhat conceptualised, just needs me to make a concept mockup and take in suggestions).

EDIT: Yes, I did design all the skins! At least, all the ones in the opening post. Some of the original skins (I joined two months after TARP opened) were done by Karena, but I don't think there are screencaps of them anywhere.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 12, 2012 19:15:16 GMT -6
azn
Jun 12, 2012 19:17:44 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 12, 2012 19:17:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
kk :) If ya want any help let me know: I do webdesign for work (well, as much as my boss lets me. I swear that man wants one thing but tells me to do another). It is e-com based design, but in the end it is about all traffic control.

Either way, I'll keep throwing in my 2-cents :P
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 12, 2012 19:20:04 GMT -6

Hahaha, thanks. :] I'm a freelance web designer, so I've got it pretty much under control. Unless you know javascript. If you do, shoot me a PM.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 12, 2012 19:49:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 12, 2012 19:49:41 GMT -6

Wow, all the memories. I wish I could say I remember them all, but once we had the option to only use one skin, my TARP stayed as Zuko lol. That being said, I remember almost all of them, and wow we have been here a long time. You've done an amazing job on all of them Kami! And from what you type, I know you put a lot of your soul into them, so thank you for making TARP super awesome!

A shame the original TARP skin wasn't on there. You know what I am talking about don't you? Yeah, that one. Wow, I've been here a long time O.O

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 12, 2012 19:54:45 GMT -6

nobody Avatar
Wow, all the memories. I wish I could say I remember them all, but once we had the option to only use one skin, my TARP stayed as Zuko lol. That being said, I remember almost all of them, and wow we have been here a long time. You've done an amazing job on all of them Kami! And from what you type, I know you put a lot of your soul into them, so thank you for making TARP super awesome!

A shame the original TARP skin wasn't on there. You know what I am talking about don't you? Yeah, that one. Wow, I've been here a long time O.O

You mean the one with This Background?

;x
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 12, 2012 19:55:02 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 12, 2012 20:32:49 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 12, 2012 20:32:49 GMT -6

No I mean the one with Zuko on the bottom right, looking down, and the background was black I believe. Maybe, I am not recalling it correctly, but that is how I remember it. I loved that one.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 12, 2012 21:01:41 GMT -6

nobody Avatar
No I mean the one with Zuko on the bottom right, looking down, and the background was black I believe. Maybe, I am not recalling it correctly, but that is how I remember it. I loved that one.

Hmm. That may have been before my time! The only black Zuko background I have is this
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 14, 2012 14:10:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 14, 2012 14:10:35 GMT -6

I want holiday ones again! WITH THE WINTER SOLSTICE ON IT FOR THE PAGANS *cough*

Really though, I love winter holidays and holiday things. (: I always find that so fun.
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 14, 2012 14:11:24 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 14, 2012 14:17:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 14, 2012 14:17:18 GMT -6

Tears are collecting in my eyes :'(

All the past memories! Sometimes I forget that I joined the site back in '07. That's what I get for being such a bum and leaving and returning so many times. Kami you've always done a wonderful job with the skins. I've loved each and every single one of them.
Anonymous
Jun 14, 2012 14:27:36 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 14, 2012 14:27:36 GMT -6

Gosh so many skins! Mostly I remember the Zuko ones since that's all I ever used! It's nice to see how the site has changed over time and how the skins got better and more creative as the time went on! I still remember the skin that had the gAang on it that was in the style of the Zuko 2005/2006 banner.

As far as suggestions go I think maybe an Amon skin. The reason why I think it might be a good idea is for anyone that has a character that is a member of the Equalists or just a character that agrees with Amon can have the option to help them get into character since well he is supposed to be their leader and just personally I do tend to like the darker colored skins for some reason.

Though all of the skins on TARP have been great I think it's one of the many reasons why we keep having so many people come to this site since it looks so polished!

Post by Gia on Jun 14, 2012 23:57:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Wow, they're all I ever used, too! That makes, Shio, too... anyone else use Zuko skins lol?
This user is Mod
suyami
Jun 16, 2012 16:15:18 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Jun 16, 2012 16:15:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I use the Zuko skins. :3 OMG, Kami, these are so beautiful... there really were a lot of skins! You put so much effort in.
This user is a guest