The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Post A Thought

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 8, 2012 14:57:01 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
eh, i'm fine. :] i am not opposed to taking something like zantac, and i find that a little milk and some bread helps. :]

——————-

WHEEEEEEEE GUILDWARS2
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 8, 2012 14:57:12 GMT -6
azn
Jun 8, 2012 15:14:59 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 8, 2012 15:14:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
you must tell me how good guild wars is after you've has sufficient experience with it.

—-
Anybody else notice that TARP currently has 13 of each bender-type? Would make for interesting battle-royal, no?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 8, 2012 16:16:51 GMT -6

this is my third beta participation, so I'm so-so with the experience. i love it — it's not a closed beta this time around, so i can discuss it. i'm enjoying it a lot more than WoW (which I have been playing since 2007), and while WoW can be difficult, I think GW2 is a lot more so — not to the point of frustration, but just enough to keep things exciting and challenging. I've dabbled in other MMOs as well, and so far GW2 is definitely a lot more encouraging of the MM part of the initialism. You don't have to party with strangers in order to help them & both of you still get XP. If people fall, you have a chance to save them, party or not — and it's encouraged, as it gets you XP for stopping to help others. The random world events are also extremely fun, because everyone generally works together and (this may be the beta, but I don't think so) no one is screaming noob this loser that. the character customisation is pretty nice — more than WoW, less than Aion, but pretty decent. Not to mention you can dictate your character's origin, personality, and fighting style up to a point, and your "class/race quests" are tailored to your choices in those. :]]

tl;dr - it's fun. :] it's different enough from current MMOs to be exciting, same enough to not throw you into a world of herpderp. combine that with the fact that it's not a monthly sub and all you pay for is the game (and any future expansions, if they come out), imo puts it above other MMOs.

——————-

Does that count as posting my own thought? I hope so. :X
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 8, 2012 16:17:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 8, 2012 16:17:04 GMT -6

azn Avatar

Anybody else notice that TARP currently has 13 of each bender-type? Would make for interesting battle-royal, no?

I just did, and thought the exact same thing. And another funny thing, people seem to be more pro-equalist.

Though numbers really don't mean anything. >.>
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 8, 2012 16:17:57 GMT -6
azn
Jun 8, 2012 18:32:23 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 8, 2012 18:32:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Numbars are EVERYTHING!!! (lol@florida)

I am currently hooked on DiabloIII and Mass Effect 3... But I think I may have to add guild wars.

ANYbody else itching for the next EPISODE?!???
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 8, 2012 18:48:28 GMT -6

UNFFF DIABLO / MASS EFFECT THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. *froths at the mouth* I just got past the Skeleton King in Diablo, looking for all the sword pieces (playing an archery-only demon hunter). Mass Effect 3 — I have to finish ME2 for PC since I have no ME3 save import for PC (had played on the 360 originally). I made a no-import shep when ME3 came out in March (whee preorder!) but all of the "default" actions are renegade and you don't recruit any extra party members... so it was bleh. :|

DEFINITELY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT EPISODE.

——————

Fresh strawberries, short cake, and incredibly smooth & creamy vanilla ice cream for snack :D
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 8, 2012 18:48:43 GMT -6
jin
Jun 8, 2012 19:24:39 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 8, 2012 19:24:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Holding snake, listening to music, and being absolutely bored.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 9, 2012 6:51:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 9, 2012 6:51:58 GMT -6

Just because you are young does not mean you will not die tomorrow. Try to be graceful about the life you have. <3
kgal
Jun 9, 2012 11:15:16 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jun 9, 2012 11:15:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Getting internet (hopefully) on Tuesday. Well, at least I have my new D&D character and Song of Ice and Fire book to keep me occupied...
This user is a guest
Last edit by kgal: Jun 9, 2012 11:15:35 GMT -6
jin
Jun 9, 2012 12:59:27 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 9, 2012 12:59:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Glad to hear you're getting internet back soon Yuriko.

———————————————————-

Played a few games of Magic, trying out my new big beast deck. I still prefer my Angel deck though (Avacyn + Elgaud Shieldmate + Worldslayer = hax). Sorry for the nerdgasm.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 9, 2012 13:09:38 GMT -6

@jin - played an angel deck before. it was ryari's brother's deck, so i just kind of played the cards as they came. x'] ridiculously difficult to get enough mana to do anything. much preferred my cat deck (which was red/white/green). gosh i dabble in all corners of nerddom don't i?

———————————

may have to get some zantac today. blergh. wonder what i ate? maybe it was those sweet chili rice cakes.
if they were, it's a pity. Non, je ne regrette rien.
This user is Mod
jin
Jun 9, 2012 13:44:57 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 9, 2012 13:44:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
- My angel deck is green, with one red, one blue, and some white spells. Rampant growth, Elves that give mana, and Solumn Simulacrum. Whatever get's mana out, also cards that bring creatures back from the dead is nice. (Gonna stop now, will post a video of my friends and I playing a game.)

———————————————————————————————————-

Sitting with the family having a cookout. Subs, and burgers all dai.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 9, 2012 14:12:19 GMT -6

@jin - ah, the deck i played with was solid white, so it was really difficult to get things going. it was best for long games, like with blue/control decks, rather than quick games (burn decks are the worst, ngl).

—————

reminiscing with a friend about crappy circumstances. sounds like a miserable time, but it's not too bad. x']
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 10, 2012 3:54:46 GMT -6

Being an introvert when extroversion is the societal norm adds added exhaustion to already tiring social interaction.
This user is Mod
azn
Jun 10, 2012 8:17:16 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 10, 2012 8:17:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nerds build the future. Just a thought.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 10, 2012 17:14:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 10, 2012 17:14:33 GMT -6

I think we all build the future, together. It takes all kinds.
jin
Jun 10, 2012 20:19:07 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 10, 2012 20:19:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'd say some build the future, but some destroy it.

——————————————

Fruit punch <3
This user is a guest
kgal
Jun 11, 2012 16:22:58 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jun 11, 2012 16:22:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My niece is so cute <3 =]
This user is a guest
This user is Mod
jin
Jun 11, 2012 17:57:31 GMT -6