The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

TARP Update

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 26, 2012 5:45:58 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Now, for those of you who don't know, the US Pilot date for Korra has been announced! Now simply "The Legend of Korra" (instead of 'The Last Airbender: the Legend of Korra'), it will pilot in the US on April 14th, 2012, contrary to earlier reports of a delay to 2013.

Some of you (all of you? xD) may have already seen the hour long, two episode pilot online, via KorraNation. As of this post, it's still online — go watch if you can, before they take it down!

So you may be asking at this point, what will happen to TARP? Right now, we do not know. This was very sudden for all of us — Bryan Konietzko announced on his tumblr a week or so back that Korra would be released "soon" and "sometime this year" contrary to the prior-stated 2013. We didn't realise HOW soon.

We've been caught wrong-footed, guys. I don't have a layout yet, and we're still not too aware of what's going on in the Korra universe (though the pilot does give a pretty good idea!). At this point, we are still unsure if TARP will reopen. It is likely, but I still need to discuss this with Karena and the other Core Staff members.

I hope to have an update on this VERY soon.

(Oh, and sorry about the images. >_> The site I hosted them on went offline suddenly, and I just have not gotten around to rehosting everything and rooting around the coding to replace the links).
This user is Mod
Last edit: Mar 26, 2012 5:57:16 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 29, 2012 3:11:30 GMT -6

Some updates!

Firstly, I finally got off my lazy duff and put the images back up. I'm working on a more Korra-themed layout while I try and figure out if I can get someone to help me sort out some custom coding for TARP. Think of this as an in-between-in-between layout.

Next, we would like to remind EVERYONE of ProBoards TOS. I know we've been on hiatus, so I hope everyone will refresh themselves!

Third, we have yet to finalise any reopen date with Karena. We're still ironing out the details of some of our new rules and procedures, hopefully ones that will make TARP a more friendly and welcoming community for our current members, future new members, and our returning former members. We will send out a Mass PM / update this thread once those new things are in place.

Lastly, PLEASE REMEMBER! TARP's A:tLA "finale" has already been decided, barring any new information about Korra. We are bringing the site back to canon in an epilogue of sorts, so any RP still going on STILL COUNTS but will not affect the final canon plotline. (Anyone engaged in OC plots will not necessarily feel the effect of this). Please begin wrapping your up your current plots in anticipation of our upcoming reopening.

That's it for now! Hope to have more updates soon.

EDIT: for our non-US members, please note that Korra's international title is "Avatar: Legend of Korra", as opposed to the US's "The Legend of Korra".

ALSO! It appears that KorraNation is no longer hosting the pilot. Sorry to those who missed it! D':
This user is Mod
Last edit: Mar 29, 2012 3:30:29 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 15, 2012 9:13:44 GMT -6

I hope all our US members caught yesterday's premier! Who's pumped for Korra?

We don't have a definite opening date at this point. At first we were thinking of opening this upcoming weekend, but some things came up and I am moving cross-country. ^^;' I won't have a computer, I don't think, unless I can get a hand-me-down or use my friend's computer for a bit. I'm trying to get everything together before I leave this Wednesday, but no promises.

You may notice some boards are open for posting. DO NOT post in them at this time, please!!

To our current members!: Please make sure you are wrapping up your plotlines!! You also might want to start getting prepared for our reopening by thinking up of some characters — our rules will be modified, though, so prepare to be flexible!

Hope to have more updates soon. <3
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 15, 2012 9:15:38 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 24, 2012 15:27:45 GMT -6

Obviously, I was unable to get everything done before I left. My friend has quite graciously allowed me the use of his computer. I will be working as often as I can on getting TARP up to speed. Please remember to wrap up your plotlines!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Also! Did you know that Nick.com is showing the first three episodes of Korra online? I'm not sure if the videos are available outside of the US, but it's worth a shot. And, if you ARE in the US and you missed one of the episodes, this is a good way to catch up!
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 24, 2012 15:30:33 GMT -6