The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Bumi *played by Joychi*/Tenoko Env. 2

Anonymous
Dec 18, 2010 0:27:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 18, 2010 0:27:39 GMT -6

Bumi *played by Joychi*/Tenoko Env. 2 Fight. 1

Another beautiful day in the Earth Kingdom. And that wasn't a casual saying, considering how hard it was to find actualy "Earth Kingdom territory" on this continent. The land was now going by the name of Fire Nation colonies, which used to only cover the area that was really occupied by the Fire Nation and where they had actually settled civilian life... Of course, the old king of Omashu wouldn't know about a majority of those news, having spent a very very long time in a cage, hung high above the buildings of the very city he'd ruled for almost a lifetime. It was hard to receive messenger hawks when in that situation, let alone read the news they carried.

Despite that, he seemed to be enjoying himself pretty well ever since his very surprising escape from that prison... Or at least that's what one would imagine. It was hard to know for sure what he seemed like at the moment, having disappeared somewhere for over half a day. During the night, as he was riding on top of his old coffin - even a mad genius knew that a cage could be recycled, and what better way than using it as a mode of transportation ? Recycling was good for the planet, only the Fire Nation didn't know that - he came upon a very wide and open space in the middle of a mountain range.

Next thing he knew, an idea had appeared in his head and he was disappearing into the ground, like he had the bad habit of doing most of the time. Whatever reputation and fame he held in these parts of the Earth Kingdom, he was certain nobody would worry about his disappearance too much. He was a powerful, old and wise king who feared few to nothing. Eccentricity such as the underground exploration of this piece of the land was to be expected from him.

But suddenly, a big rumble came from deep within the ground, shaking the surrounding rocks and formations in the soil. Slowly but surely, the ground was starting to change shapes, going from flat and tough like a valley, to loose and growingly bumpy as one could see in a field that had just been worked on. Soon, the ground actually became a real mess on several yards of diameter, slowly caving in on itself - something that shouldn't be possible. Until eventually, part of it exploded into the entrance of a human-sized tunnel, and an old man riding atop a metal coffin appeared soaring out of the tunnel... He was soon followed by a much more imposing creature that came out of a tunnel as big as the whole bumpy area.

And yet, even as the badgermole was pretty much devastating the ground from which they came, Bumi was laughing his lungs out like a mere child having fun. The coffin landed with a big clanky sound in a standing position, with the king landing safely, as well as rather gracefully for a man his age, right in front of it to face the creature with a smile, and the badgermole pointed its head towards the old man. That latter was grinning at the beast, bowing his head respectfully. "Thank you very much for this workout. I think both you and I needed to have this fun." He said with his eyes closed... before opening them again and staring at the badgermole with his right eye wider than the left "Now, my young apprentice, you should practice Negative Jing and go prepare to win this race the next time."

He had no idea whether the badgermole understood a thing he said, but it tunneled back into the ground anyway, even going as far as repairing the ground it had disfigured so much... just as Bumi was opening the coffin's front cover to get back inside its uncomfortable but safe space, laughing and snorting again - as usual.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jan 19, 2011 16:07:16 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 28, 2010 16:59:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 28, 2010 16:59:54 GMT -6

[OOC—apologies for the absence. I’ve been [and still am] in limbo right now, and so my access to internetz is limited. Nonetheless, here’s something. ^^]
Fate continued to be a good leader for Tenoko Nagishima, and even in tight situations, it became apparent that she was meant to be alive. She often times did not think much of it, but she was thankful for that opportunity. She only wished that her husband and children could have enjoyed the same hand that fate had dealt her.

Nevertheless, dwelling on it and being miserable about their deaths would accomplish nothing other than self-misery, and so Tenoko typically kept a good attitude. Today was no different. A recent trip to Omashu had helped her restock on supplies, and she likely would return there soon enough again. Besides, she was not going very far this time—just for a walk, and perhaps some self-training.

But perhaps fate had a better idea as to what it would do with her. A rumbling thundered through the ground beneath her feet, and the waterbender took a few steps backwards. Shaking some of her loose, wavy brown hair out of her face, she stood still and put her hand on the ground.

Yes, there was definitely something huge under the ground that she couldn’t see. Incidentally, she had heard tales from Omashu regarding the tactics of some earthbenders. Waiting and listening was much more useful than it first appeared to be, and Tenoko was always keen on learning tactics from waterbenders, earthbenders, and firebenders alike. This clearly showed through her unusual style of bending—Tenoko was resourceful, and her life as a hunter, adventurer, warrior, and even a pirate had taught her many tools of many trades that she utilized when necessary.

However, even the veteran wanderer was shocked at what was happening in front of her—to the point where her mouth hung open. The ground all around her was breaking up and down and falling apart every which way, turning from smooth, flat, hard terrain to rough, jagged, bumpy, and rocky ground.

Tenoko shook her head a few times, blinking rapidly to make sure that she was not just imaging things. Nope—the ground looked rough and jagged now, and it hadn’t a few moments ago. Furthering her surprise factor was when a piece of ground only a few meters away from her exploded into the air, and out came a large, muscular old Earth Kingdom man and a large metal coffin-looking thing. Tenoko took a step backwards out of surprise.

“that explains a few things,” she thought to herself, “but still—it’s not every day that you see earthbending of this type of magnitude—oh!”

Tenoko’s heart nearly skipped a beat as a huge, imposing creature emerged from behind the man. Tenoko recognized it as a badgermolle, but it had been so unexpected that Tenoko misstepped and fell backwards.
The warrior recovered her posture and got back to her feet. She took a few steps forward to see what exactly this man was doing. By the time she got close enough to be able to make out facial details and the likes, the badgermole had descended back underground. The man in front of her was just laughing like a maniac, seemingly over nothing. She could not understand what was so funny, but she did appreciate a good sense of humor, as she herself had one.

Tenoko did not say anything, but she remained in plain sight. She was pleased with the respectable might of the earthbending power that she had just seen, but she was not at all afraid. Most earthbenders were against the Fire Nation anyways, not the Water Tribe.

~Tenoko~
Anonymous
Jan 8, 2011 12:54:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 8, 2011 12:54:12 GMT -6

Since this one part of his day had been taken care of, Bumi was ready to move on with the rest of his schedule. A king, no matter how old and crazy he was, could not afford to waste time on standing still and waiting around, with all the things he had to do... Not that he didn't have a lot of time on his hands, in spite of his very old age. As a matter of fact, the old king found himself having so much time to do that he didn't know what was coming next. This young badgermole chase had taken a while, along with a lot of attention, so he didn't know what time of the day it was now.

So he began taking a look at his surroundings with his big eyes, moving his head in the small area that the opening in the coffin cage allowed him to. Since the ground had been thoroughly repaired by the badgermole during its exit, being flatter and... somewhat thicker than ever, he did not have the trouble of balance anymore - the problem, that never bugged him whatsoever, of keeping his cage standing steady when he was making movements. He was standing so still that if he tried meditating, his mind would calm him instead of the other way around. "Should I meditate now, then ? It would be funny if this happened." He told himself with a chuckle.

But suddenly, the fact that he wasn't alone struck him, when he noticed the presence of the woman just outside of his field of sight as he turned his head to the side. He needed only to be turned a nudge to the side and then he would be able to see who it was exactly. He had understood, thanks to the long hair and the pieces of garment he could barely recognize, that the person standing there was indeed a woman, but that was it. Moreover, his old eyes having just emerged from the darkness of underground environment and having a bit of trouble with colors at the moment, Bumi had recognized the color as black... which didn't seem to mean anything in his opinion.

"Who is it ? Someone is there, am I right ? I can't see you !" He said kind of quickly, moving his head around to try and make the coffin budge with only the strength of his... neck. When it became obvious to him that he couldn't just use that to move not only his own weight but that of the metal cage as well, he did the same move to the side with his face, moving his thin old cheeks and mouth from one side of his face to the other, effectively bending the ground he was standing on to turn this thing to the side.

And so he was now facing the Water Tribe woman, whose appearance surprised him at first since he was expecting it to be more of an... Earth Kingdom wanderer or scout from the Fire Nation army. That latter would have been much more fun for company too, in his opinion. "Hello, stranger !" He said to her nonchalantly "Welcome to the Badgermolercoaster... But you just missed it." He had just made up that name... though for some reason, it sounded less nuts in his head.
Anonymous
Jan 13, 2011 21:16:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 13, 2011 21:16:01 GMT -6

[OOC—wait, is he inside of the coffin? I thought he was riding on top of it (based off of your first post)
”What in spirits does this guy have on his mind? He looks ancient, but that probably means very little. It’s the older ones that are worth watching out for anyways—not the little kids who let their prodigious skills get to their heads.”

Tenoko had never been fond of youth who thought they could call shots just because they thought they were prodigies. Such things would not fly with her—she just did not believe that it was possible for children to be able to defeat better-trained adults—or was fate perhaps playing them some cards that it was withholding from her and those her age?

She was brought back to reality when the old man called out.

"Who is it ? Someone is there, am I right ? I can't see you !"[/color]

Tenoko actually smiled—she even chuckled.
”sanity has long since left this guy,” she thought to herself no matter though. I always enjoy someone with a good snese of humor, and its people like this that tend to do the best job at providing. It almost makes me wish I had brought a drink with me. It’s pretty hard to stay somber when you’re not sober.”

"Hello, stranger !" He said to her nonchalantly "Welcome to the Badgermolercoaster... But you just missed it." !"[/color]

This was too much for the ex-mother to handle. She bowed her head down as if to hid her smile, but then she crouched down, clutching her sides. She was laughing—hard.
the what!?! Tenoko processed the thought in her mind. maybe this guy’s nuttier than I thought. Still, it’s not everyday that someone gets me to laugh like that. I haven’t laughed that hard in ages—not since they died, anyways.”

Tenoko was not actually laughing very hard—she had just not laughed this hard in a long time. It was not even that she was an unhappy person. She had just not had much of a reason to bust a gut laughing very often. Most of the time, Tenoko’s mood was somewhere in the neutral-good category. Either way, this had been surprising enough that it pleased the woman more than she had expected it would.

“Uh, hello,” Tenoko shrugged once she collected herself. It seemed like the only decent response, since she was not hostile, and did not want to come off as such.

“If it’s not out of place for me to ask,” She called out, “can I ask you what you’re doing?”
She was mostly just curious, and it showed through her tone. She would have understood better if that metal coffin was not there, and she could not understand how it had gotten way out here. She was just traveling, and would not hesitate to say that should anyone ask. She took a few steps closer towards the old man, now almost certain that she was not about to have an attempt made on her life.

~Tenoko~
Anonymous
Jan 19, 2011 16:03:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 19, 2011 16:03:34 GMT -6

OOC: At first I had him outside the coffin, then I took him back in the coffin to make his strength Intermediate again... And now I guess I'll just bring him back out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bumi looked at the Water Tribe woman in front of him with quizzical eyes, waiting for her reaction to what he had just said. He hadn't really said it with any expectation from her in mind, except maybe a sudden interest in what a Bagermolercoaster could be and how she could enjoy this activity herself. People needed more fun in their lives, and in these troubled times the mad old king was exactly the kind of person who could "provide", or at least discover fun in the least expected of forms and places. Of course, there was always the problem of having to adapt to different cultures, like the Fire Nation and the Water Tribes... But being part of the Order of the White Lotus gave him a certain edge.

But as frivolous as he was, Bumi would have never expected such a strong reaction to what he said. He could only widen his eyes and raise his eyebrows in surprise to the sight of the blue-clad woman dropping to her knees and laughing very hard. He couldn't really take that as an offense or anything of the sort, but it did leave him kind of confused about what to do next. While she was laughing, he just pushed the coffin's front cover off once again with his fists, pulled his head out of the hole that had been made for it, and then exited the coffin in all his Earthbending garments' glory, once again.

The coffin's cover was now stuck in the ground and erected vertically right next to him, kind of like a small cell door. When she finally regained her composure and spoke to him, the old bender simply crossed his arms over his torso and lent her an attentive ear. The relevance of her question was undeniable, and he couldn't even imagine what she thought when she first saw him, a metal coffin and a badgermole come out of the soil in such a way. "Hmmm... what I'm doing..." He muttered while looking away, trying to come up with a reasonable explanation for what he was doing.

The best way to describe his deeds suddenly occurred to him, so he looked back at her with somewhat of a diplomatic pose, hands joined by only the fingertips in front of him and a posture that was slightly leaning backwards. "I am having what could be an interesting conversation with a Waterbender." He said simply and calmly.

Now that her question had been taken care of, he wondered if she too was in need of entertainment. She looked like the kind of person who wandered a lot, and in a sense reminded him of Aang's Waterbender friend, Katara. Though the last time he met her, like face-to-face, he'd trapped her in pure Jennomite... and he doubted this one would like receiving the same treatment.

He suddenly extended his right leg to the side, effectively kicking the coffin's front cover to the ground in loud CLANG ! But at the same time, he had sunken into the ground and was now tunneling to the opposite direction he'd kicked the lid. Suddenly, he reappeared about fifty yards away from the woman, spinning in the air and landing safely. "If you want a better answer, you will have to fish me first !!" He shouted at her with his hands at either side of his mouth.... Of course, this declaration was finished by the usual laughing and snorting that made the mad king so recognizable.